inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I think the "other board" isn't going to live much longer in to the next year

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/19/07 at 1:47 pm

the person running it seems to have lost interest... 

I spent some time on it this week using it as a test bed for porting over the custom stuff I wrote for this site, so I can at least say something useful came of it's existence.

Subject: Re: I think the "other board" isn't going to live much longer in to the next year

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/19/07 at 2:00 pm

I can only devote myself to one board, so it the other board does go, I do not mind.

Subject: Re: I think the "other board" isn't going to live much longer in to the next year

Written By: Howard on 12/19/07 at 2:51 pm

One board is all I can handle right now.

Written By: nally on 12/19/07 at 10:48 pm

I can only devote myself to one board, so if the other board does go, I do not mind.

One board is all I can handle right now.

Me too. This is the only board I've been a member of for the past 3 1/2+ years. I have gone to the "other" one before, but only to look around in guest mode.

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/20/07 at 6:43 am

Just a quick one ... (break from my 'leave of absence') ...

I like that the 'other board' offers  more freedom of expression / less censorship (not that things are TOO bad here .... ) .... but my ego etc; requires an audience / feedback ... rather than posting into a relative vacuum. Thus I too have posted little there.

Subject: Re: I think the "other board" isn't going to live much longer in to the next yea

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/20/07 at 9:37 am

Just a quick one ... (break from my 'leave of absence') ...

I like that the 'other board' offers  more freedom of expression / less censorship (not that things are TOO bad here .... ) .... but my ego etc; requires an audience / feedback ... rather than posting into a relative vacuum. Thus I too have posted little there.

well that's kind of the problem then isn't it... how does a critical mass of audience get built on a site like that.  If there's no audience, no one has any interest.  If there's no interest because there is no audience... the snake keeps swallowing it's own tail until it disappears.

I think if a group of people got together and made a concerned effort to post every day on there, say even ten or twenty people, it wouldn't be the case for long.  Clearly though, there aren't many people who feel the need for the board is great enough to put in that effort.

Written By: Davester on 12/20/07 at 10:15 am

Aw, dang...

Subject: Re: I think the "other board" isn't going to live much longer in to the next yea

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/07 at 12:20 pm

Maybe we should start a "Save the other board" campaign.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...