inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Queen Elizabeth II reaches oldest monarch mark

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/20/07 at 4:12 am

The Queen will reach a new milestone when she overtakes Queen Victoria to become the oldest British monarch.

Her great-great grandmother, who was born on 24 May 1819, lived for 81 years, seven months and 29 days.

Buckingham Palace says the Queen will beat the record at about 1700 GMT, taking into account the times of their births and Victoria's death.

But the day will be business as usual for the Queen, as there will be no special event to mark the occasion.

The monarch, who was born on 21 April 1926, will spend the day on her normal duties and has no public engagements or audiences.

The Queen will celebrate 60 years on the throne in 2012, and break Queen Victoria's record as the longest-reigning British monarch on 9 September 2015.

During her reign, the Queen's achievements have already included being the first British monarch to send an e-mail, to have a message put on the moon and to hold a public concert in her back garden.

Subject: Re: Queen Elizabeth II reaches oldest monarch mark

Written By: danootaandme on 12/20/07 at 5:31 am

Awww  man.  I would think that this deserves fireworks.  Congratulations to her.

Subject: Re: Queen Elizabeth II reaches oldest monarch mark

Written By: McDonald on 12/20/07 at 4:28 pm

Congratulations. I'm glad the world's oldest living monarch is ours.

http://www.hometowncanada.com/images/Queen_Elizabeth_II.jpg

May she reign until well after 9 September, 2012 (and outlive old floppy ears). I hate to be cruel, but I don't think he'll be so good for the monarchy here in Canada. But people love William, they'll be glad to have him as King.

Check for new replies or respond here...