inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Difficult choices

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/21/07 at 9:09 am

Ok, we've all played this game.  Think of 2 completely strange, random, and undesirable situations to be faced with and say which one you'd pick, given the choice:

1)  Stinking the high heavens no matter how much deodorant you wear

2)  Fainting every time you see a pizza

I think I'd pick the pizza problem.  I eat too much pizza and fainting would be a good deterrant ;D

Subject: Re: Difficult choices

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/21/07 at 10:20 am

Ok, we've all played this game.  Think of 2 completely strange, random, and undesirable situations to be faced with and say which one you'd pick, given the choice:

1)  Stinking the high heavens no matter how much deodorant you wear

2)  Fainting every time you see a pizza

I think I'd pick the pizza problem.  I eat too much pizza and fainting would be a good deterrant ;D

I dunno, that's a tougher one than it may appear at first.

Option #2 could potentially be fatal. I mean, what if you're hauling ass down the freeway in heavy traffic and you pass a Domino's delivery vehicle?  ???

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/21/07 at 10:22 am

I dunno, that's a tougher one than it may appear at first.

Option #2 could potentially be fatal. I mean, what if you're hauling ass down the freeway in heavy traffic and you pass a Domino's delivery vehicle?  ???

good point!! hmmmm, i may reconsider this one.

Written By: Paul on 12/21/07 at 10:29 am

Some of the people in this office have already gone for option #1... ::)

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/21/07 at 10:30 am

Some of the people in this office have already gone for option #1... ::)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 12/21/07 at 2:00 pm

I don't like Pizza so i'd have to go with #2

although I'd pick one if I could afford to stay home all day and be with people (you guys) who don't care that I stink... I can get my supplies delivered so I'd never have to leave the house and Carly doesn't care if I smell...  ;D

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/21/07 at 2:27 pm

I forgot to mention something... after you answer the question, you're supposed to pose another one... so that everyone doesn't have to answer the same question

Written By: snozberries on 12/21/07 at 2:35 pm

Kay-

1. Eating used kitty litter
or
2. Licking someone's foot?

Ew.... even I can't pick one!  8-P

Written By: danootaandme on 12/21/07 at 4:42 pm

I would say, depending on the someone, licking someones foot and possibly continuing to infinity and beyond

1. Running a mile naked in the snow in front of your people who don't like you

or

2. Working on a pig farm, not bathing for a week.

Written By: Red Ant on 12/21/07 at 5:49 pm

I would say, depending on the someone, licking someones foot and possibly continuing to infinity and beyond

1. Running a mile naked in the snow in front of your people who don't like you

or

2. Working on a pig farm, not bathing for a week.

I can't stand not to bathe, and all the people I don't like I could tell them to "kiss my ass" after I passed them, so I pick #1.

Difficult choice:

1) Going without food for two weeks
or
2) Going without sex for twenty years.

Ant

Written By: snozberries on 12/21/07 at 7:13 pm

I can live without sex but not food  so 1......

Walking on hot coals

or

Lying on a bed of nails

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/21/07 at 7:14 pm

Kay-

1. Eating used kitty litter
or
2. Licking someone's foot?

Ew.... even I can't pick one!  8-P

Um...toejam or cat poop? Really that's not that hard of a decision.

I choose toejam.

My brothers and I played the "difficult choices" game once, I must warn you that it can go downhill really fast.

Written By: La Roche on 12/21/07 at 7:18 pm

Um...toejam or cat poop? Really that's not that hard of a decision.

I choose toejam.

My brothers and I played the "difficult choices" game once, I must warn you that it can go downhill really fast.

Faster now.

Hey Al, would you rather..

Rim Nancy Pelosi...

or...

suck the nasty stagnant water and coolant fluid out of the back of a junkyard refrigerator?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/21/07 at 7:24 pm

Faster now.

Hey Al, would you rather..

Rim Nancy Pelosi...

or...

suck the nasty stagnant water and coolant fluid out of the back of a junkyard refrigerator?

I just knew you were gonna jump in here and steer this thread straight towards the cliff.  ;D

Um...uh...can I sleep on it?

Written By: La Roche on 12/21/07 at 8:07 pm

I just knew you were gonna jump in here and steer this thread straight towards the cliff.  ;D

Um...uh...can I sleep on it?

It's sort of my thing..

Me, I've moved refridgerators before.. I'm gonna make like your toilet all over Nancy's azz.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/22/07 at 1:28 pm

It's sort of my thing..

Me, I've moved refridgerators before.. I'm gonna make like your toilet all over Nancy's azz.

Give Nancy my regards!

What the hell, let's run this thing into the ground.  ;)

The version that I played with my brothers (which we did on a road trip down to Corpus Christi, Texas about 15 years ago) started out with the premise that you had to stand under a scaffold with two five gallon buckets over your head, both filled with nasty, vile substances, and you had to decide which one you would rather have dumped over your head.

It started out with, which is worse:

Having a five gallon bucket of piss dumped over your head or,

Having a five gallon bucket of spit dumped over your head.

Took a little bit of thinking, but we all agreed that the piss was the lesser of the two evils.  :P

Written By: La Roche on 12/22/07 at 7:59 pm

Give Nancy my regards!

What the hell, let's run this thing into the ground.  ;)

The version that I played with my brothers (which we did on a road trip down to Corpus Christi, Texas about 15 years ago) started out with the premise that you had to stand under a scaffold with two five gallon buckets over your head, both filled with nasty, vile substances, and you had to decide which one you would rather have dumped over your head.

It started out with, which is worse:

Having a five gallon bucket of piss dumped over your head or,

Having a five gallon bucket of spit dumped over your head.

Took a little bit of thinking, but we all agreed that the piss was the lesser of the two evils.  :P

I'd choose the spit.

What would you rather have.

A bucket of sloppy horse s**t or a bucket of human s**t.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/23/07 at 12:12 am

I'd choose the spit.

What would you rather have.

A bucket of sloppy horse s**t or a bucket of human s**t.

Probably have to go with the horsesh*t.

Human sh*t seems just that much nastier.

How about this:

A bucket of diarrhea or a bucket of puke?

(Bill's gonna hate us.  ;D)

Written By: La Roche on 12/23/07 at 5:42 am

Probably have to go with the horsesh*t.

Human sh*t seems just that much nastier.

How about this:

A bucket of diarrhea or a bucket of puke?

(Bill's gonna hate us.  ;D)

Bucket of puke dude, the smell would come out faster.

Ok, you wake up with a decapitated head in your bed..

It's either - On your pillow facing you..

Or it's on your Johnson blowing you.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/23/07 at 5:45 am

This should be over in Board Games

Written By: DoRitos on 12/25/07 at 9:31 am

In a shed with your johnson in a vice and the vice handle removed and the shed is on fire and the only thing reachable is a very sharp knife.

What would you do?

1. Go for the knife?

or

2. Do nothing.

Written By: TigerMystic on 12/25/07 at 11:52 am

Wow. This thread went downhill fast.  :(

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/26/07 at 1:14 pm

Bucket of puke dude, the smell would come out faster.

Ok, you wake up with a decapitated head in your bed..

It's either - On your pillow facing you..

Or it's on your Johnson blowing you.

Either way I'd probably have to go through years of therapy.

But I'd have to go with the johnson, simply because the decapitated head would be a little further away.

Would you rather:

Drive from Fargo, North Dakota to Seattle, Washington in January in a Geo Metro convertible with the top stuck down, or

Ride a Greyhound bus from L.A. to New York in August with no A/C, and you have to sit next to Rosie O'Donnell the whole way and there are no showering facilities available during the entire trip?

Written By: La Roche on 12/26/07 at 1:27 pm

But I'd have to go with the johnson, simply because the decapitated head would be a little further away.

Would you rather:

Drive from Fargo, North Dakota to Seattle, Washington in January in a Geo Metro convertible with the top stuck down, or

Ride a Greyhound bus from L.A. to New York in August with no A/C, and you have to sit next to Rosie O'Donnell the whole way and there are no showering facilities available during the entire trip?

The Geo.. I don't even know how there's any other option.

Would you rather live your whole life at the bottom of a well somewhere in south western Nebraska.. or.. spend a day at BJU?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/26/07 at 1:48 pm

The Geo.. I don't even know how there's any other option.

Would you rather live your whole life at the bottom of a well somewhere in south western Nebraska.. or.. spend a day at BJU?
By BJU I'm assuming you mean Bob Jones University.

I think I could handle 24 hours there, I'm pretty good at blocking things out. Not to mention that in a pinch, I like to think that I could be a halfway decent escape artist.

Now if you would've said "enroll at BJU for a semester," well, the well wouldn't seem like such an unpleasant choice.

Would you rather:

Stand 5 miles downwind from a nuclear bomb test in the Nevada desert, or

Ride from St. Louis to El Paso, Texas in an old Camaro crammed with 4 ex-NFL linemen (one driving, one riding shotgun, and you have to ride in the back sandwiched between the other two), and during the whole trip you all have to subsist on nothing but White Castle sliders?

Written By: La Roche on 12/26/07 at 2:01 pm

By BJU I'm assuming you mean Bob Jones University.

I think I could handle 24 hours there, I'm pretty good at blocking things out. Not to mention that in a pinch, I like to think that I could be a halfway decent escape artist.

Now if you would've said "enroll at BJU for a semester," well, the well wouldn't seem like such an unpleasant choice.

Would you rather:

Ride from St. Louis to El Paso, Texas in an old Camaro crammed with 4 ex-NFL linemen (one driving, one riding shotgun, and you have to ride in the back sandwiched between the other two), and during the whole trip you all have to subsist on nothing but White Castle sliders?

4 linemen wouldn't fit in an old Camaro..

Oh..

Bomb.. yeah, bomb.

Would you rather spend a day in Harlem, wearing the same thing Bruce Willis did.. or.. would you prefer to walk around theran in a "George W. Bush is my Papi" shirt?

Written By: Red Ant on 12/26/07 at 2:19 pm

Would you rather spend a day in Harlem, wearing the same thing Bruce Willis did.. or.. would you prefer to walk around theran in a "George W. Bush is my Papi" shirt?

Which one? With the made for TV edit, Bruce's sign said "I hate people".

Tough choice, but I'd have to go for theran - chances are no one there could read it.

You're hiking in a remote part of the wilderness when a mountain goat steps on a boulder, causing them both to come crashing down on you. Your right arm is hopelessly pinned by the boulder and the goat is dead next to you. You have a dull pocketknife in your left pocket.

Do you:

A) Eat the goat while waiting for someone to rescue you or
B) Slowly saw through your pinned arm to free yourself?

Ant

Written By: La Roche on 12/26/07 at 2:27 pm

Which one? With the made for TV edit, Bruce's sign said "I hate people".

Tough choice, but I'd have to go for theran - chances are no one there could read it.

You're hiking in a remote part of the wilderness when a mountain goat steps on a boulder, causing them both to come crashing down on you. Your right arm is hopelessly pinned by the boulder and the goat is dead next to you. You have a dull pocketknife in your left pocket.

Do you:

A) Eat the goat while waiting for someone to rescue you or
B) Slowly saw through your pinned arm to free yourself?

Ant

I'd eat the goat anyway.  ;D

You're virulent mother in law is coming to visit and has a heart attack whilst just you and her are in the house. She's a horrid woman who berates you at every given opportunity and turns your spouse/children against you - Do you call an ambulance or just hope she dies?

Written By: Red Ant on 12/26/07 at 2:34 pm

I'd eat the goat anyway.  ;D

haha!

You're virulent mother in law is coming to visit and has a heart attack whilst just you and her are in the house. She's a horrid woman who berates you at every given opportunity and turns your spouse/children against you - Do you call an ambulance or just hope she dies?

Call an ambulance and just hope she dies.

My Mother in law is pretty good actually - I'm going to see her next week.

Scenario:

You escape from a prison. You can go east through a razor wire fence or west through a minefield (north and south are manned by guards with guns - certain death).

Which way do you go?

Ant

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/26/07 at 3:01 pm

Would you rather:

I'll take the gun on this one-

Having rode from St. Louis to El Paso on White Castle Sliders before, I'll take the 1st option.

Now, would you rather:

A) take a cross-country trip in a compact car, and the only song you hear is "Breakfast At Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something (the radio doesn't shut off)
-or-
B) spend an entire weekend with over 1,000 people in cramped quarters- with no showers, bottled water, or port-a-potties?

Written By: Howard on 12/26/07 at 3:09 pm

I'll take the gun on this one-

Having rode from St. Louis to El Paso on White Castle Sliders before, I'll take the 1st option.

Now, would you rather:

A) take a cross-country trip in a compact car, and the only song you hear is "Breakfast At Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something (the radio doesn't shut off)
-or-
B) spend an entire weekend with over 1,000 people in cramped quarters- with no showers, bottled water, or port-a-potties?

Option "B".

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/26/07 at 3:12 pm

Option "B".

OK.....now you list a difficult choice.

Written By: Howard on 12/26/07 at 3:13 pm

OK.....now you list a difficult choice.

can't think of anything at the moment. ???

Written By: DoRitos on 12/26/07 at 3:34 pm

Be "Clockwork Oranged" for 72 hours of watching "Ed, Edd and EDDY" or manually wash the jock straps of the entire Pittsbugh Steelers defensive line without the use of your hands.

Written By: Howard on 12/26/07 at 3:50 pm

Be "Clockwork Oranged" for 72 hours or watching "Ed, Edd and EDDY" or manually wash the jock straps of the entire Pittsbugh Steelers defensive line without the use of your hands.

Clockwork Orange for 72 hours.

Written By: DoRitos on 12/26/07 at 4:17 pm

Clockwork Orange for 72 hours.

No fair - You put words in mouth and speak with fork tongue.  You change my quote.  You change word "of" to "or" - That's it.  >:(  Hey Carmine - Git oud da ED, EDD and EDDY DVD and come heavy.  Wees gotta learn dis wizeguy a lessin.

Written By: snozberries on 12/26/07 at 4:19 pm

Would you rather:

Sorry I love Rosie so I'd pic option B...we'd talk about tv shows and sing commercials the whole way. I guarantee we'd end the trip friends!!!

Written By: DoRitos on 12/26/07 at 7:21 pm

Would you rather have a trepanation procedure performed on you or a hole drilled in your head?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/27/07 at 1:58 am

Would you rather have a trepanation procedure performed on you or a hole drilled in your head?

Well, that would be like asking if you would rather perform ursine analingus or lick a bear's ass.

Never again mess with the King of Useless Information.  >:(

Written By: DoRitos on 12/27/07 at 3:13 am

Well, that would be like asking if you would rather perform ursine analingus or lick a bear's ass.

Never again mess with the King of Useless Information.  >:(

Oh yeah - I forgot - we have the same source - Mr. Google & Mr. W.W. Dubya.  ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/27/07 at 4:45 am

Just give me the voluntary lobotomy, and get it over with!

Which would you rather:

Eat fried horse rectum, a la Fear Factor,
-or-
Spend the night at Richard Simmons's house (yes, he'd be there)?

Written By: DoRitos on 12/27/07 at 4:58 am

Which would you rather:

-or-

Some one told me that the horse flesh tastes like beef - you'd a thunk it would a tasted like chicken.

I'm hungry enough to eat a horse - what the heck - go for the horse - I'm way too homophobe for the Richard Simmons bit - but mind you I do not like "Fear Factor". ;D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/the_maryhunter/Horses_ass_1.jpg

Written By: Howard on 12/27/07 at 6:20 am

Some one told me that the horse flesh tastes like beef - you'd a thunk it would a tasted like chicken.

I'm hungry enough to eat a horse - what the heck - go for the horse - I'm way too homophobe for the Richard Simmons bit - but mind you I do not like "Fear Factor". ;D

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/the_maryhunter/Horses_ass_1.jpg

Why is a horse's ass in my face? :o

Written By: Howard on 12/27/07 at 6:20 am

Which would you rather:

-or-

spend the night with him.

Written By: DoRitos on 12/27/07 at 7:05 am

Oh - Good morning Howard - Sleep well?  I'm sure you are wide awake for your Pathmark day now.  Have a nice day at work and don't drink your paycheck and come home late all gnarly and drunk and sh*t, OK?  Your mom still has that knife so cuidado.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/27/07 at 7:14 am

After Christmas Breakfast

Godiva Chocolate

See Chocolate

Russel Stover Chocolate

What to do, what to do.... ;D

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/27/07 at 1:26 pm

awww, you can spend the night with me instead... 

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/27/07 at 1:28 pm

Why is a horse's ass in my face? :o

Why is your face in a horse's ass?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/27/07 at 4:33 pm

awww, you can spend the night with me instead... 

No Thank You,I'll spend the night with the horse instead. ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/27/07 at 4:34 pm

Why is your face in a horse's ass?  ;D

I'll never know.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/27/07 at 5:54 pm

After Christmas Breakfast

Godiva Chocolate

See Chocolate

Russel Stover Chocolate

What to do, what to do.... ;D

If you're looking for quality- Godiva.
If you're looking for taste- Stover.
If you're looking for quantity- who cares?

Me- I'll take Godiva.

Would you rather eat:

-Anchovies
-Sardines
-Kippers

Written By: La Roche on 12/27/07 at 6:46 pm

Would you rather eat:

-Anchovies
-Sardines
-Kippers

I guess I have to be disqualified because I love all 3.

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/27/07 at 8:19 pm

No Thank You,I'll spend the night with the horse instead. ;D

ouch!!!  :-[ that was harsh!  :\'(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/27/07 at 9:38 pm

ouch!!!  :-[ that was harsh!   :\'(

awww...I'll spend the night with you Bill...we can stay up and have pillow fights and prank call boys!!! heehe!! ;)

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/27/07 at 10:18 pm

awww...I'll spend the night with you Bill...we can stay up and have pillow fights and prank call boys!!! heehe!! ;)

;D that sounds like fun!!!

Written By: Howard on 12/28/07 at 6:54 am

ouch!!!  :-[ that was harsh!   :\'(

It beats spending the night with Richard Simmons,Who knows what he'll do to me. :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/28/07 at 9:21 am

It beats spending the night with Richard Simmons,Who knows what he'll do to me. :o

He would make you sweat to the oldies!! ;) ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/28/07 at 1:31 pm

SO, what's the next difficult choice?

Written By: DoRitos on 12/28/07 at 8:24 pm

SO, what's the next difficult choice?

Hmmm - let me think on this a bit...

http://www.norelpref.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/thinking.jpg

Written By: DoRitos on 12/28/07 at 11:57 pm

OK - 1 Listen to finger nails clawing down a chalkboard for 2 hours.

2  Listen to "The Macarena" on continuous loop for 6 hours.

3, Listen to bagpipes and gazoos playing Auld Lang Syne for 1 hour at around 125 decibels.

4,  Be the star attraction in a "deliverance" dualing banjo video.  (Use your imagination what you will be doing in the video).  Each scene will have a minimum of 20 takes when shooting.

Written By: Howard on 12/29/07 at 7:12 am

OK - 1 Listen to finger nails clawing down a chalkboard for 2 hours.

2  Listen to "The Macarena" on continuous loop for 6 hours.

3, Listen to bagpipes and gazoos playing Auld Lang Syne for 1 hour at around 125 decibels.

4,  Be the star attraction in a "deliverance" dualing banjo video.  (Use your imagination what you will be doing in the video).  Each scene will have a minimum of 20 takes when shooting.

I'd choose 2.

Written By: DoRitos on 12/29/07 at 11:48 am

I'd choose 2.

A wise choice - I'd have most likely taken that as the least of four evils.  I have my own Tex-Mex version of that song.  Here is a sample - brush up on your Tex-Mex speak.

"Y no tate no mierda con pinche' mujera - Aye chingadera!".

Anyone else have a preference?  Some new challenge perhaps?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/03/08 at 9:53 pm

Next challenge:

Which would you rather have to sit through:

-The worst auditioners of "American Idol" without being able to insult them
-or-
-A 2 week marathon of "Don Johnson and Tony Danza Sing Broadway's Geatest Hits"?

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/08 at 10:50 pm

Next challenge:

-or-
-A 2 week marathon of "Don Johnson and Tony Danza Sing Broadway's Geatest Hits"?

can I insult Don and Tony????  cuz then I'd endure that!  ;D  Otherwise idol... I can always diss them later when I laugh about it with my friends...

Written By: Howard on 01/04/08 at 6:56 am

Next challenge:

-or-

worst auditioners of American Idol.

Check for new replies or respond here...