inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What was your best Christmas Gift...

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/07 at 11:00 pm

I got a GPS for my car.... whooo hooo no more getting lost in LA when I try to go somewhere without using the freeway!  ;D

Subject: Re: What was your best Christmas Gift...

Written By: Jessica on 12/25/07 at 11:09 pm

A picture my mom sent me earlier of the family that showed up at my grandmother's house last night. It was the best, but it made me cry because I wasn't able to make it out to California this Christmas. :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/07 at 11:23 pm

A picture my mom sent me earlier of the family that showed up at my grandmother's house last night. It was the best, but it made me cry because I wasn't able to make it out to California this Christmas. :\'(

I know the feeling its hard not getting to see the ones you miss the most this time of year.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/26/07 at 12:31 am

money!! :D

Written By: Tam on 12/26/07 at 2:38 am

Mine came on Christmas Eve

Hubby sent home a box with a bunch of stuff in it - but the best part was that he had another painting done of us! I will take a pic and get is posted as soon as humanly possible (for me that is!!!) lol ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 12/26/07 at 2:47 am

Among other gifts, I got Nicole a pair of natural sapphire and diamond earrings and a matching pendant. My best gift was the look on her face when she opened them up - especially the earrings as I put them not under the tree, but in the fridge on top of a beer and asked her to get me a beer. She went from irritated to teary-eyed in about a minute.

Am I a bastard or what?  :D

Ant

Written By: Tam on 12/26/07 at 2:49 am

Among other gifts, I got Nicole a pair of natural sapphire and diamond earrings and a matching pendant. My best gift was the look on her face when she opened them up - especially the earrings as I put them not under the tree, but in the fridge on top of a beer and asked her to get me a beer. She went from irritated to teary-eyed in about a minute.

Ant

You soooooooooooooooo totally are!!! ;D 8)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/26/07 at 3:01 am

Ant

Atta way, fellow Virginian!

As for me- I can't decide what gift was the best for me.
Melissa and Teela got me a new pocketwatch, to replace the one I had that was destroyed last year.
Teela also got me a new shoeshining kit- very handy, since mine keeps disappearing.
Melissa also got me "Hunters Of Dune"- one of the last books, based straight off of Frank Herbert's note.
Mom got me 2 shirts.
My sister & her family sent me a new leather tri-fold wallet, with a dollar in it- to assure me I wouldn't be broke.

I absolutely loved each and every present I received this year.

(Melissa says she owes me one after the New Year, which is OK, since I also owe her one.)

Written By: danootaandme on 12/26/07 at 7:17 am

I made out pretty well, the red fluffy bathrobe stands out, to wear while I chow down on the the box of Sees dark chocolate assortment, and the box of Godiva Truffles, and the box of Godiva Dark Chocolate Assortment,  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 12/26/07 at 9:23 am

I made out pretty well, the red fluffy bathrobe stands out, to wear while I chow down on the the box of Sees dark chocolate assortment, and the box of Godiva Truffles, and the box of Godiva Dark Chocolate Assortment,  ;D

I'll be at your place in 12 hours. :D

Written By: ninny on 12/26/07 at 9:38 am

Money from my dad & sister

Written By: Tia on 12/26/07 at 9:48 am

we decided not to do gifts very much this year but my mom did make an exception and got me "the pub landlord's book of british common sense," which is quite amusing.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/26/07 at 10:19 am

Ant

Awwwww... :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/26/07 at 10:21 am

My best gift was a set of new Henckels kitchen knives (from my hubby) that I'd been wanting for a long time...

It makes cooking and preparing food so much more enjoyable!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...