inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Complain about the lame crap you got for Christmas here

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/07 at 11:02 pm

My parents, who I love dearly, got me sheets!!! SHEETS REALLY?!?!
Plus they were the wrong size so now I have to drive 40 miles to the nearest Target to exchange them for the right size.... or for something good.

Subject: Re: Complain about the lame crap you got for Christmas here

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/07 at 11:29 pm

A co-worker gave me a coupon for a 20 minute massage... I know sounds nice right?  Too bad I have serious issues with people I don't know touching me.... I had a massage for PT when I first injured my back a few years ago... I hated every minute of it

the lady said I learned something in class last night you'll like this.... then she applied copious amounts of pressure the area of my back where my disc used to be... IT HURT LIKE A MOTHER. I called the bitch something worse than that and almost hit...I had to restrain myself.  The next week I went into PT- she walked in the room and then walked out and I heard her say someone else had to do it...  ;D  I never had to get a massage after that. 

Needless to say I passed the coupon on to a co-worker who loves massages and she gave me a very nice candle she got from someone!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/26/07 at 12:30 am

I was very fortunate with what I received for Christmas, this year. I am pretty much stoked. :)

Written By: Red Ant on 12/26/07 at 1:34 am

Plus they were the wrong size so now I have to drive 40 miles to the nearest Target to exchange them for the right size.... or for something good.

We got sheets too, but I'm glad - we needed new linens after upgrading from a standard to queen size bed earlier this month. And none of them were made in China, so I was happy!

All in all, it was a pretty good day.

Ant

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/26/07 at 2:14 am

you can't too much more practical than that.  but unless you gave them a wish list, maybe they just didn't know what you wanted?  I would have got you a couple cases of Mountain Dew  ;D

Written By: Tam on 12/26/07 at 2:20 am

Nothing to complain about. Actually, my friends daughter used her money and bought a gift for me for Christmas. It is the smallest little trinket - 2 dolphins riding a wave. From the dollar store of course - but ya gotta love the gifts from children.... because they come from the HEART! ;)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/26/07 at 2:50 am

Normally, I would complain about something my in-laws got me, but we started doing a lottery-style drawing for names a couple of years ago, so that only one person could be complained about.

My sister-in-law Rebecca got me a gift card for an online business where I log in, give the card info, I pick something out that I want, and a week or two later, it gets to my home.

Someone actually took the time to think about it, instead of the traditional potato peelers, crappy plastic CD towers, and disgusting Cherry Cordials in a box.

Written By: whistledog on 12/26/07 at 2:54 am

^ Wow!  Who gets a potato peeler for Christmas?  That's not too appeeling ;D

I never got any lame gifts this year, but many years ago when I was in Grade 9, my dad's roomate got be a book of Donisaur Stencils.  The fact that I was in High School and she got me stencils wasn't the worst part.  She got my brother an expensive video game.  $60+ for a video game vs $10 for some stupid set of stencils.  OK, that's fair >:( lol

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/26/07 at 2:56 am

Melissa's parents gave her one for her birthday, last year.
The year before that, I believe it was Tupperware stuff.

Care to top that? :D

Written By: Midas on 12/26/07 at 8:47 am

I got a rock.

Written By: ninny on 12/26/07 at 9:36 am

How about nothing for Christmas,yep I went out this summer and bought my sister-in-laws two presents each,I don't even have a job-they both work at different Wal-Marts, and sometime in November called my husband and said,we can't afford to by presents this year,oh isn't that nice,the one has 3 girls and spends to much money on them,I have 2 kids and they were happy with some money and one present each,instead of budgeting her money so everyone gets something she will spend between $350-500 a piece on her kids,The other one lives with her boyfriend & his mother,I'm not sure why she didn't buy anything.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/26/07 at 1:15 pm

How about nothing for Christmas,yep I went out this summer and bought my sister-in-laws two presents each,I don't even have a job-they both work at different Wal-Marts, and sometime in November called my husband and said,we can't afford to by presents this year,oh isn't that nice,the one has 3 girls and spends to much money on them,I have 2 kids and they were happy with some money and one present each,instead of budgeting her money so everyone gets something she will spend between $350-500 a piece on her kids,The other one lives with her boyfriend & his mother,I'm not sure why she didn't buy anything.

I never expect or give gifts in (or out) laws.  Are you very close to them? If they have in the past, but didn't this year maybe there is a good reason, and how they treat their kids should not have a bearing on how they treat yours.  Tis the season not to count gifts.

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/26/07 at 1:54 pm

I got a rock.

Say what? :o

I got a knit kit,we're in the summer,it's 95 F outside for crying out loud!
I wonder if i can use it to do crochet :-\\ i could do a mad bikini in crochet...

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/26/07 at 2:23 pm

I got a rock.

;D Isn't that from a different Charlie Brown special?  Halloween, maybe?  Still a classic line though and perfect for this thread.  ;D 

I'm happy that I actually got anything, that somebody took the time and money to buy me something.  So what if it isn't a diamond ring like the commercials tell me that if he really loved me, he'd buy me...As long as I'm not getting beat for Christmas, then I'm happy.  We don't usually do presents here.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/26/07 at 3:16 pm

When I get the $1 million from "Don't Forget the Lyrics!", I plan to buy one present for each member out here that's still active.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/26/07 at 3:51 pm

I never got any lame gifts this year, but many years ago when I was in Grade 9, my dad's roomate got be a book of Donisaur Stencils.  The fact that I was in High School and she got me stencils wasn't the worst part.  She got my brother an expensive video game.  $60+ for a video game vs $10 for some stupid set of stencils.  OK, that's fair >:( lol

I got my mom a potato peeler for Christmas about 12 years ago, but she wanted it  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/26/07 at 3:56 pm

When I get the $1 million from "Don't Forget the Lyrics!", I plan to buy one present for each member out here that's still active.

Great!  O0

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/26/07 at 4:19 pm

Say what? :o

I got a knit kit,we're in the summer,it's 95 F outside for crying out loud!
I wonder if i can use it to do crochet :-\\ i could do a mad bikini in crochet...

You know all the guys here would want you to model said bikini just to make sure the quality of the knitting is up to par.  ;) ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/26/07 at 5:17 pm

you can't too much more practical than that.  but unless you gave them a wish list, maybe they just didn't know what you wanted?  I would have got you a couple cases of Mountain Dew  ;D

yeah practical is okay but I do have about a 2 page wish list posted on Amazon.  Its been there for years and I update it frequently. 

It's not necessarily the fact that I got sheets but the fact that I got ugly sheets. They were a color that has never a color I like.  Plus they were extra long. My bed is normal sized.  She knows there's no Target in SB so it sucks that I have drive 40 miles to exchange them for something good. Ah well I get to stop at Best Buy and Chick-fil-a so maybe that was my gift. She bought me something I would have to return so I could be near a chick-fil-a.....hmmmm okay GOOD GIFT!!!

Oh Mountain Dew would make a most excellent gift!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/26/07 at 5:18 pm

Can I just be in the audience to cheer you on????  And maybe some of that Mountain Dew Mike mentioned?  ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/26/07 at 7:09 pm

yeah practical is okay but I do have about a 2 page wish list posted on Amazon.  Its been there for years and I update it frequently. 

It's not necessarily the fact that I got sheets but the fact that I got ugly sheets. They were a color that has never a color I like.  Plus they were extra long. My bed is normal sized.  She knows there's no Target in SB so it sucks that I have drive 40 miles to exchange them for something good. Ah well I get to stop at Best Buy and Chick-fil-a so maybe that was my gift. She bought me something I would have to return so I could be near a chick-fil-a.....hmmmm okay GOOD GIFT!!!

Oh Mountain Dew would make a most excellent gift!  ;D
Chick-fil-a will indeed make the trip worth it. I haven't had one of those in a long while. I'm so due for one.  ::)

Written By: coqueta83 on 12/26/07 at 7:32 pm

I'm very happy with my gifts this year....mostly gift cards and a lovely pair of earrings from my mother. I'm really sorry to anyone who didn't get what they wanted this year!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/26/07 at 8:51 pm

My Uncle got me a "conservative propaganda" book.  Unfortunately he didn't tell me it was a gag gift.  It wasn't. :P

Written By: Dagwood on 12/26/07 at 9:47 pm

I got a rock.

Karma for you! ;D

I wasn't disappointed with my gifts this year.  It is usually the same every year.  Mom gives us a case of toilet paper, garbage bags, paper plates, laundry soap, etc.  Then there is the $1300 she deposited in my bank account.  Worked for me.

Written By: ninny on 12/26/07 at 10:18 pm

I never expect or give gifts in (or out) laws.   Are you very close to them? If they have in the past, but didn't this year maybe there is a good reason, and how they treat their kids should not have a bearing on how they treat yours.  Tis the season not to count gifts.

The funny part is Tim has not spoken to his mother since July 3rd (she had a lot of nasty things to say about the kids & I,that my husband may never forgive her) she actually bought us presents,his one sister that lives with her boyfriend did by us presents,she wanted to wait till today to give them to us.

Written By: snozberries on 12/26/07 at 11:00 pm

Karma for you! ;D

I wasn't disappointed with my gifts this year.  It is usually the same every year.  Mom gives us a case of toilet paper, garbage bags, paper plates, laundry soap, etc.  Then there is the $1300 she deposited in my bank account.  Worked for me.

If my sheets came with $1300 I'd be ecstatic!

Written By: DoRitos on 12/27/07 at 9:16 am

http://www.thebudgetfashionista.com/images/plastic_surgery_amok.jpg

A gift certificate for some plastic surgery.  Anyone give me $100.00 US and it's yours.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 12/27/07 at 6:00 pm

http://www.thebudgetfashionista.com/images/plastic_surgery_amok.jpg

Who...in...the.......?

??? ??? ??? :o ??? ??? ???

Written By: DoRitos on 12/27/07 at 6:56 pm

Who...in...the.......?

??? ??? ??? :o ??? ??? ???

She is:

Jocelyn Wildenstein, aka The Cat Woman the world's scariest celebrity by a plastic surgery.

Story here:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://lh3.google.com/fisherwy/RxTKKC2KqgI/AAAAAAAAKPA/FHikp3qVkNU/Jocelyn%2520Wildenstein%2520vs%2520John%2520Terry%255B2%255D.jpg&imgrefurl=http://fisherwy.blogspot.com/2007/10/jocelyn-wildenstein.html&h=340&w=424&sz=53&hl=en&start=14&um=1&tbnid=xCT5JXqGHHVa8M:&tbnh=101&tbnw=126&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dplastic%2Bsurgery%2Bcatwoman%26ndsp%3D18%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

Written By: Dagwood on 12/27/07 at 8:03 pm

The really scary part is that she did that on purpose....seriously.

Written By: DoRitos on 12/27/07 at 11:01 pm

I'm surprised that she didn't get a whiskers implant.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/28/07 at 6:44 am

What was she thinking? ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...