inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: This looks like fun!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/26/07 at 2:07 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIQLPRABdSk

I don't know if this is real or not (several of the comments on YouTube said Mythbusters tried this and declared it to be fake) but I think it would be fun to go out to the lake and try this next summer.

I just wish they left some clues as to how they did it.

Subject: Re: This looks like fun!

Written By: Red Ant on 12/26/07 at 2:40 pm

Mythbusters did try this - they got good launching out of single 2l bottles, but that rig didn't work at all.

Note at ~ 32 seconds, right after launch, the pack rotates around him - there's no force behind him anymore. He would have gone 15 feet tops.

My guess is this guy is attached to a zip-line hooked to an out-of-picture or cleverly edited out crane.

Ant

Written By: Howard on 12/26/07 at 3:16 pm

God,they have nothing better to do with themselves. ::)

Written By: DoRitos on 12/26/07 at 3:21 pm

God,they have nothing better to do with themselves. ::)

I lived in Tokyo for three years and no they don't.  These guys are what you would call "Yama Zaru".

Written By: Howard on 12/26/07 at 3:51 pm

I lived in Tokyo for three years and no they don't.  These guys are what you would call "Yama Zaru".

What Is That?

Written By: DoRitos on 12/26/07 at 3:53 pm

What Is That?

Literal translation is mountain monkey.  Fill in the space.  And do you know what "Karaoke" actually means in Japanese?  Anyone?

Written By: Howard on 12/26/07 at 3:54 pm

Literal translation is mountain monkey.  Fill in the space.  And do you know what "Karaoke" actually means in Japanese?  Anyone?

No,where did that originate from?

Written By: DoRitos on 12/26/07 at 4:01 pm

No,where did that originate from?

In Japan - I was eating sushi and singing Karoke about 30 years ago.  It has been around awhile.  OK - "Oke" is a shortened English or Jingrish word for Orchestra.  "Kara" in Japanese means "empty"  thus "Empty Orchestra".  Japanese speak has lazy tongue.  Orchestra is just too much to say.  See one of my oriental oriented parodies for some learnin' of Japanese speak.  It is seasonal as well. 

http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/traditional1460.shtml

Written By: Howard on 12/27/07 at 4:55 pm

In Japan - I was eating sushi and singing Karoke about 30 years ago.  It has been around awhile.  OK - "Oke" is a shortened English or Jingrish word for Orchestra.  "Kara" in Japanese means "empty"  thus "Empty Orchestra".  Japanese speak has lazy tongue.  Orchestra is just too much to say.  See one of my oriental oriented parodies for some learnin' of Japanese speak.  It is seasonal as well. 

http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/traditional1460.shtml

Thanks.

Written By: DoRitos on 12/27/07 at 7:10 pm

Thanks.

Glad to see you arrived back from work - paid and sober - my guess.  Is the knife still in the drawer?

Written By: Howard on 12/28/07 at 7:01 am

Glad to see you arrived back from work - paid and sober - my guess.  Is the knife still in the drawer?

Yes It's back in the drawer.

Written By: KKay on 12/29/07 at 1:46 pm

I wanna do that.  That was hysterical!!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...