inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tam is Movin' On Up!!!

Written By: Tam on 01/03/08 at 2:22 pm

... to the East side!!!

Let me clarify....

As most all of you know, hubby is finally due home within the next couple of weeks! 15 long months is almost over! The Son and I are excited beyond belief! We have the Christmas tree up still, because we are doing a second Christmas when hubby gets in!

We will have a block of leave time (for vacation) but I don't think we are going anywhere because The Son is in school....

That being said, I would like to let y'all know that it might just get easier for me to finally get to an inthe00s meeting!!! That's right!!!!

TAM'S MOVING!!!!

By July we should be moved to our new post! Where?? Watch out East Coast..... here I come!!!!

We are heading to New York State! It is going to be hell for me to get used to lake effect snow again and freezing cold temperatures.... but to be closer to family is all I really want!!!

So, yeah! That's all for now!

Tam 8)

Subject: Re: Tam is Movin' On Up!!!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/03/08 at 2:26 pm

Yay Tam :)  Glad you guys are gonna be together again.  New York should be fun.

Written By: karen on 01/03/08 at 2:27 pm

That sounds great Tam.  I bet you are both looking forward to being together again.

Perhaps we should start planning the inthe00s meet soon?

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/08 at 2:27 pm

I'm happy for you Tam 15 months is a long time!!!! Enjoy christmas II!!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/03/08 at 2:35 pm

Way cool. And remember I'm not far from NYS-depending on where in NYS. (I'm actually 2 miles from the border.)

Cat

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/03/08 at 4:06 pm

... to the East side!!!

Let me clarify....

As most all of you know, hubby is finally due home within the next couple of weeks! 15 long months is almost over! The Son and I are excited beyond belief! We have the Christmas tree up still, because we are doing a second Christmas when hubby gets in!

We will have a block of leave time (for vacation) but I don't think we are going anywhere because The Son is in school....

That being said, I would like to let y'all know that it might just get easier for me to finally get to an inthe00s meeting!!! That's right!!!!

TAM'S MOVING!!!!

By July we should be moved to our new post! Where?? Watch out East Coast..... here I come!!!!

We are heading to New York State! It is going to be hell for me to get used to lake effect snow again and freezing cold temperatures.... but to be closer to family is all I really want!!!

So, yeah! That's all for now!

Tam 8)

Wow, awesome! I'm so happy for you, Tam. And living in New York would be exciting!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/03/08 at 4:23 pm

That's great, Tam!  I know you've been waiting so long for your hubby's return!!  :D

And I'm sure the rest of your family will be delighted to have you close to them once again!  8)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/03/08 at 4:27 pm

lake effect snow?  oh no, must be Buffalo!

Seems like just a few months ago I remember seeing you mention your husband shipping out.  I'm sure it doesn't feel that way to you though!

Written By: Paul on 01/03/08 at 4:32 pm

Superb news, Tam... :)

Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas (which does sound strange in January, but will probably be twice as fulfilling for you all... :D)

Written By: Jessica on 01/03/08 at 5:16 pm

Yay for your hubby coming back!

Yay for moving (with the exception of packing ;))!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/wav.gif

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/occasion14.gif

Written By: Step-chan on 01/03/08 at 5:21 pm

Cool, that's good. :)

Written By: danootaandme on 01/03/08 at 5:52 pm

Congrats, I hope he stays home and you are all are safe and well.  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 01/03/08 at 5:59 pm

Glad your hubby is coming home, Tam! :)

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/08 at 7:31 pm

um if the east coast has a meeting can we westies have one too???

Written By: Midas on 01/03/08 at 7:39 pm

Congrats Tam!  I'm happy for you.  :)

um if the east coast has a meeting can we westies have one too???

Why not?  WestSIIIIIIIIIIDE!  8)

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/08 at 7:40 pm

Why not?  WestSIIIIIIIIIIDE!  8)

WOOT!!!

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/03/08 at 8:45 pm

That's wonderful news, Tam! Wishing you and your hubby the very best! Good luck in New York state!  :) :)

Written By: statsqueen on 01/03/08 at 8:48 pm

Congratulations on your wonderful news, Tam!!!!!!

Enjoy your very special Christmas!

Written By: Tam on 01/03/08 at 10:00 pm

Thanks everyone so very much! Karma to all!

I am sure it is going to be great! Hubby returning is the best gift of all! ;)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/03/08 at 10:02 pm

Tam-

3 things I have to say to you:

1. Congrats on all of the good news!
2. Best wishes in New Yauk!
3. I hope your hubby has enough energy to keep up with ya! ;)

Written By: whistledog on 01/03/08 at 11:12 pm

Congragulations Tam!  Good to hear all is going well!  Where abouts in New York State?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/03/08 at 11:15 pm

YAY!! I am so happy and excited for you Tam!!!

We will definitely have to do the inthe00s meet up...maybe this summer!

Good luck on the move...and I am so happy that your husband is coming home soon. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/03/08 at 11:28 pm

Are you just a bit excited there Tam  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/ride.gif  That sounds great and I'm very happy for you and son and husband to get back to where you once belonged. hey Tam,  Do you need any help moving? I volunteer Howard to help.  :) 

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/03/08 at 11:32 pm

Are you just a bit excited there Tam   http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/ride.gif  That sounds great and I'm very happy for you and son and husband to get back to where you once belonged. hey Tam,  Do you need any help moving? I volunteer Howard to help.  :) 

I second the motion.
Shall we vote on it?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/03/08 at 11:38 pm

I second the motion.
Shall we vote on it?
we have a second. all those in favor?

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/08 at 12:39 am

Aye!

Written By: Tam on 01/04/08 at 1:25 am

You guys are too freakin funny!!!

Actually, I don't have to worry about packing or unpacking, or even moving for that matter! All I have to worry about is if the movers break anything or something has gone missing! ;)

8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/04/08 at 1:34 am

You guys are too freakin funny!!!

Actually, I don't have to worry about packing or unpacking, or even moving for that matter! All I have to worry about is if the movers break anything or something has gone missing! ;)

8)
hey Tam, did you ever see the movie starring Richard Pryor called *MOVING*  it's funny.  there's one scene where the cheesy, slimy movers are going through his wifes underwear drawer and pulling lacy panties out and showing one another.  I probably shouldn't have said that

Written By: whistledog on 01/04/08 at 1:40 am

hey Tam, did you ever see the movie starring Richard Pryor called *MOVING*  it's funny.  there's one scene where the cheesy, slimy movers are going through his wifes underwear drawer and pulling lacy panties out and showing one another.  I probably shouldn't have said that

I remember that movie.  It was hilarious.  Loved Dana Carvey in that movie ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/04/08 at 1:43 am

I remember that movie.  It was hilarious.  Loved Dana Carvey in that movie ;D
yeah, Carvey is some schizoid dude that's hired to drive Pryor's car for him across country and screws it up somehow. and King Kong Bundy is one of the movers too. 

Written By: Tam on 01/04/08 at 1:48 am

GRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!
Now I am going to be worried about all my personables! Thanks a ton Mike! Guess I will have to pack a few of my things before anyone shows up here!!! LOL

Thank goodness I don't have to worry about any of this until about April/May - then we have to start scheduling things and such. Should prove to be interesting since this is the first time I won't have to move myself!

I am actually really excited on both counts! I seriously can hardly wait for Hubby to get his butt home!

I have however, already taken certain things into my own hands. The Military does this whole 'reintegration' thing, but I don't think they do enough. I have scheduled marriage counselling and family counselling for us - to aide with the changed home life. I did this the last time he deployed as well and it made a world of difference! Hubby also already took some anger management classes - in case he suddenly gets angry... he has tools to be able to overcome it, and he has taken some stress/tension classes. All in all it should prove to work out just fine!

I know it seems like a lot of work, and I know that it takes a strong person to be able to live as a Military Spouse, and I am learning more and more each day that I am stronger than I ever thought! ;)

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/08 at 1:52 am

Now I am going to be worried about all my personables! Thanks a ton Mike! Guess I will have to pack a few of my things before anyone shows up here!!! LOL

Thank goodness I don't have to worry about any of this until about April/May - then we have to start scheduling things and such. Should prove to be interesting since this is the first time I won't have to move myself!

I am actually really excited on both counts! I seriously can hardly wait for Hubby to get his butt home!

I have however, already taken certain things into my own hands. The Military does this whole 'reintegration' thing, but I don't think they do enough. I have scheduled marriage counselling and family counselling for us - to aide with the changed home life. I did this the last time he deployed as well and it made a world of difference! Hubby also already took some anger management classes - in case he suddenly gets angry... he has tools to be able to overcome it, and he has taken some stress/tension classes. All in all it should prove to work out just fine!

I know it seems like a lot of work, and I know that it takes a strong person to be able to live as a Military Spouse, and I am learning more and more each day that I am stronger than I ever thought! ;)

those sound like great ideas... every gets all caught up in the excitement of the reunion and forgets about the work that has to be done... it can't be an easy transition back into world for the soldiers.

Good luck with everything!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/04/08 at 1:54 am

sorry about that underwear thing  ;D  thank goodness it's just a movie.  As for the marriage & family counseling , that's great that it's  provided. I think we need some at times here and none of us have been to Iraq.  I hope his re-entry into home life is a smooth transition for all of you.

Written By: Gis on 01/04/08 at 2:49 am

Congrats to you both! Enjoy the homecoming and the move.
:)
As a forces child, I think the forces do forget how hard it is for family's when someone suddenly returns and everyone has to adapt to them being at home 24/7 My sister's marriage went down the pan when her husband left the R.A.F and was at home all the time. Mind you that was probably because she suddenly realised she couldn't stand him and was happier on her own! ;D 

Written By: Howard on 01/04/08 at 6:48 am

Where in New York are you moving to?

Written By: gemini on 01/04/08 at 8:22 am

That's great news Tam! Congrats!  :)  But for the packing moving part....yuck! We just did it in October and I didn't realize how much stuff we had. Alot of the stuff in the attic and the barn, we hadn't looked at in years, then we had to go and move it. I'm thinking yard sale in the spring!

Written By: Tam on 01/31/08 at 12:05 am

^ Girl!!! I have so much right now that giving it away seems like the only option to getting it out of my house! ;D

Actually, I am freecycling most of it, there are a few things that I am selling through yahoo groups etc.

--------------------------------------

Well, hubby has been home now for almost 3 weeks and it has been great. Ok, I will quit lying right there. It has been pretty trying on The Son and I to say the least. However, the lines of communication are always open - which is how we always get through.

I think the hardest part has been me allowing myself to give in to let hubby move stuff in the house. For real. For the past 15 months it has been my house, and I put stuff where I wanted it, to have him come home and move stuff so he can put his stuff away. I know it sounds trivial, but it really is the hardest part about re-integrating ourselves. That and the fact that  I wake up every night because there is someone in bed, whm I am not used to having there. In due time it will work out though.

Trust me, I am very thankful that the only problem I am dealing with is the "possession" moving issue. I knwo there are tons of other families who aren't so lucky when it comes to their Soldier coming home. I have seen some of the messiest break-ups and I feel relieved knowing mine is no where near theirs.

Next mission - moving in the summer!!

Written By: snozberries on 01/31/08 at 12:22 am

^ Girl!!! I have so much right now that giving it away seems like the only option to getting it out of my house! ;D

Actually, I am freecycling most of it, there are a few things that I am selling through yahoo groups etc.

Well, hubby has been home now for almost 3 weeks and it has been great. Ok, I will quit lying right there. It has been pretty trying on The Son and I to say the least. However, the lines of communication are always open - which is how we always get through.

I think the hardest part has been me allowing myself to give in to let hubby move stuff in the house. For real. For the past 15 months it has been my house, and I put stuff where I wanted it, to have him come home and move stuff so he can put his stuff away. I know it sounds trivial, but it really is the hardest part about re-integrating ourselves. That and the fact that  I wake up every night because there is someone in bed, whm I am not used to having there. In due time it will work out though.

Trust me, I am very thankful that the only problem I am dealing with is the "possession" moving issue. I knwo there are tons of other families who aren't so lucky when it comes to their Soldier coming home. I have seen some of the messiest break-ups and I feel relieved knowing mine is no where near theirs.

It doesn't make you any less thankful to have him home...it's still an adjustment no shame in feeling some frustration.  you can be annoyed and happy at the same time...its called being in a relationship neither feeling is mutually exclusive.

Written By: Tam on 01/31/08 at 12:25 am

It doesn't make you any less thankful to have him home...it's still an adjustment no shame in feeling some frustration.  you can be annoyed and happy at the same time...its called being in a relationship neither feeling is mutually exclusive.

Thanks Girl! ;)
Sometimes I find that I need that little bit of reassurance to help get me through....
karma +1 8)

Written By: snozberries on 01/31/08 at 12:30 am

Thanks Girl! ;)
Sometimes I find that I need that little bit of reassurance to help get me through....
karma +1 8)

no prob. I haven't been there but I can imagine that there is a lot of guilt. Your man came home (thankfully) others didn't but that doesn't mean you can get annoyed with him sometimes. Its part of being married. It would be unrealistic to expect you to be happy every moment of the day..what are you moving to Stepford in the summer?  ;D

We know how much you missed him while he was gone and how you worried about him so no one here will think bad thoughts if you vent every once in a while.  Yeah I just spoke for every member on the board.. because I am a Sagittarius and tell it like it is  ;)

Written By: Red Ant on 01/31/08 at 12:42 am

Trust me, I am very thankful that the only problem I am dealing with is the "possession" moving issue. I know there are tons of other families who aren't so lucky when it comes to their Soldier coming home. I have seen some of the messiest break-ups and I feel relieved knowing mine is no where near theirs.

I remember saying to you a while back your husband would come home the same way he left. I'm so very glad that prediction of mine came true - too many families didn't get their sons/husbands/fathers back at all. 

You and James have one of the strongest marital bonds I've ever seen - a testament to your love for one another. I'm damned glad he is back, safely - though not as much as you are!!

It'll take a little time before you two get used to each other again, but you'll be fine. Come summertime, you will both be tearing out your hair with the move to NY! (I hope it goes as smoothly as possible though)

Ant

Written By: Tam on 01/31/08 at 12:44 am

no prob. I haven't been there but I can imagine that there is a lot of guilt. Your man came home (thankfully) others didn't but that doesn't mean you can get annoyed with him sometimes. Its part of being married. It would be unrealistic to expect you to be happy every moment of the day..what are you moving to Stepford in the summer?  ;D

We know how much you missed him while he was gone and how you worried about him so no one here will think bad thoughts if you vent every once in a while.  Yeah I just spoke for every member on the board.. because I am a Sagittarius and tell it like it is  ;)

And you completely ROCK!!!

Stepford made me laugh hard, and I thank you for that!

I just don't want to sound like I am ungrateful or unthankful... it is frustrating but I honestly wouldnt have it any other way.... ;)
Thanks for calling a spade a spade Girl!

Written By: snozberries on 01/31/08 at 12:47 am

And you completely ROCK!!!

Stepford made me laugh hard, and I thank you for that!

I just don't want to sound like I am ungrateful or unthankful... it is frustrating but I honestly wouldnt have it any other way.... ;)
Thanks for calling a spade a spade Girl!

anytime... and if you need any more of my sage wisdom feel free to PM me anytime...  ;)

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 01/31/08 at 4:21 am

Glad you are happy about your upcoming move, Tam! :)

Written By: Howard on 01/31/08 at 7:14 am

where are you moving to?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/31/08 at 11:03 am

I understand that it is hard but I don't need to tell you that the alternative would have been even harder. You both need to get used to having each other around again. My advice is give yourself a break and give your hubby a break, too. You both have been through a very hard time and now you both need to heal and you both need each other. I have no doubt that you two will get through this adjustment period just fine.

Cat

Written By: Tam on 01/31/08 at 11:28 am

I remember saying to you a while back your husband would come home the same way he left. I'm so very glad that prediction of mine came true - too many families didn't get their sons/husbands/fathers back at all. 

You and James have one of the strongest marital bonds I've ever seen - a testament to your love for one another. I'm damned glad he is back, safely - though not as much as you are!!

It'll take a little time before you two get used to each other again, but you'll be fine. Come summertime, you will both be tearing out your hair with the move to NY! (I hope it goes as smoothly as possible though)

Ant

I know Jack, and I thank you for your words. Slowly but surely we are making it through.

I did find out today though that he gets irritated with all my stuff everywhere because he feels like I pretty much kicked him out of the house.... so I guess we are both feeling the same way. The cool thing is that today WE started moving things around TOGETHER. A definite plus! 8)

Written By: Gis on 01/31/08 at 11:35 am

I know Jack, and I thank you for your words. Slowly but surely we are making it through.

I did find out today though that he gets irritated with all my stuff everywhere because he feels like I pretty much kicked him out of the house.... so I guess we are both feeling the same way. The cool thing is that today WE started moving things around TOGETHER. A definite plus! 8)
It's good to kind of clear the air about what bugs you like that as often it is something very small which wouldn't even cross your or his mind as being annoying. I find mentioning things to Himself when they are a minor irritation, before i have got to the point where I am so annoyed I'm about to explode is good as usually he's quite happy to adapt. Compromise is always good too.......having said that the occassion mad rant has been effective!  ;D Maybe it's because i never usually loose my temper when I do he realises it's serious. ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/31/08 at 2:23 pm

Yay Tam and TamHusband!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...