inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mistakes with song titles and artist names

Written By: Stompgal on 01/05/08 at 12:30 pm

Have you ever spelt an artist's name incorrectly or called a song by the wrong title? This has happened to me before.

The Wombats have a new song coming out called 'Moving To New York.' When I frst heard it, I thought it was a festive song entitled 'Christmas Came Early' because of the lyrics, "Looks like Christmas came early. Christmas came early for me."

I like Soulja Boy's song 'Crank That (The Travis Barker Remix). However I thought his stage name was spelt 'Soldier Boy.'

Subject: Re: Mistakes with song titles and artist names

Written By: SemperYoda on 01/05/08 at 1:13 pm

Have you ever spelt an artist's name incorrectly or called a song by the wrong title? This has happened to me before.

The Wombats have a new song coming out called 'Moving To New York.' When I frst heard it, I thought it was a festive song entitled 'Christmas Came Early' because of the lyrics, "Looks like Christmas came early. Christmas came early for me."

I like Soulja Boy's song 'Crank That (The Travis Barker Remix). However I thought his stage name was spelt 'Soldier Boy.'

I do it on purpose most of the time.

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/08 at 3:13 pm

I get corrected for this on the boards all the time. . .

Written By: Howard on 01/05/08 at 3:29 pm

How about Marvin Gaye (could be Gay without the "e")?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/08 at 3:53 pm

How about Marvin Gaye (could be Gay without the "e")?  ???

Barbra Streisand....she spells her name wrong

Written By: Stompgal on 03/30/08 at 3:46 pm

Here's another mistake I thought of.

There's a new male artist called Sam Sparro who sings the soulful yet upbeat song 'Black and Gold.' I always thought his surname was spelt 'Sparrow' as in the bird species.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/30/08 at 4:29 pm

That's happened to me as well.

I thought Eminem's song "My Fault" had a title that had something to do with mushrooms. :D

I had to google it to find out.

The reason was because I saw this flash movie on nesplayer which had some of the song on it. I thought it sounded like Eminem, so I tried to look for the song title, to see if I was right and couldn't find it.

I found it only recently, by the luck of having the right word combination.

It can be annoying, there are a couple of other songs I still don't know the titles to and one I don't even know the artist. I think one is by Urge Overkill, the other I don't know though.

Written By: Howard on 03/30/08 at 4:38 pm

That's happened to me as well.

I thought Eminem's song "My Fault" had a title that had something to do with mushrooms. :D

I had to google it to find out.

The reason was because I saw this flash movie on nesplayer which had some of the song on it. I thought it sounded like Eminem, so I tried to look for the song title, to see if I was right and couldn't find it.

I found it only recently, by the luck of having the right word combination.

It can be annoying, there are a couple of other songs I still don't know the titles to and one I don't even know the artist. I think one is by Urge Overkill, the other I don't know though.

And I thought M And M  was a candy his name was being referred to as.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/30/08 at 4:42 pm

That can happen to anyone with the assumption. ;)

Written By: nally on 04/02/08 at 12:22 pm

Well, his real name happens to be Marshall Mathers, so his initials are M and M.

Written By: whistledog on 04/02/08 at 6:26 pm

I used to always get confused when George Michael came out with the song 'Freedom 90' because most radio stations at the time often billed the song simply as 'Freedom'

The main reason the song is called 'Freedom 90' isn't because it came out in 1990, but because it would cause confusion with the 1985 different hit of the same name that George sang as a member of Wham!

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/08 at 7:23 pm

I used to always get confused when George Michael came out with the song 'Freedom 90' because most radio stations at the time often billed the song simply as 'Freedom'

The main reason the song is called 'Freedom 90' isn't because it came out in 1990, but because it would cause confusion with the 1985 different hit of the same name that George sang as a member of Wham!

you'd think he could've come up with a more original title.....yet another song I haven't heard  I serious starting to doubt my lack of education in pop music... I thought I was doing okay... ah well I can still lord my TV knowledge over you guys.....  um....does Freedom 90 sound anything like Freedom 85?  Cause that would make sense....

Written By: whistledog on 04/02/08 at 8:03 pm

you'd think he could've come up with a more original title.....yet another song I haven't heard  I serious starting to doubt my lack of education in pop music... I thought I was doing okay... ah well I can still lord my TV knowledge over you guys.....   um....does Freedom 90 sound anything like Freedom 85?  Cause that would make sense....

They are two different songs, but both were very popular

Check for new replies or respond here...