inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Confessions! (oooh, the scandal!)

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/09/08 at 3:02 pm

Confess something.

When I was a teenager, I stole 3 CD's from "The Wall".  The guilt nearly killed me!  Even worse would have been if I'd gotten caught.  Not because I'd have gotten in trouble, but because of the embarassment I would have felt.  You see, the cd's that I stole were Bette Midler's "Bette of Roses", Gloria Estefan's "Destiny" and Cher's "Believe".    :-[

Stealing is not funny  >:(

Subject: Re: Confessions! (oooh, the scandal!)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/09/08 at 3:08 pm

I confess that I found your story very funny :D

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/09/08 at 3:14 pm

^^
Bill,you're the bomb! But you're right if you're going to steal at least pick something badass ;D

My confession: I'm madly in love :)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/09/08 at 3:25 pm

^^
Bill,you're the bomb! But you're right if you're going to steal at least pick something badass ;D

With who?  Is he hawt?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/09/08 at 3:30 pm

Wow-me, too. And I'm madly in love with a board member.  ;)

Cat

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/09/08 at 3:35 pm

^^

LOL I know, it should have been like Limp Bizkit or Snoop Dogg or whoever was popular at the time  ;D

it's getting steamy in here!!! lots of love goin around!

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/09/08 at 3:43 pm

With who?  Is he hawt?

He's like the hottest ever,girl!

Cat

Well,mine :-\\ ....mine has a member! So there :P

LOL I know, it should have been like Limp Bizkit or Snoop Dogg or whoever was popular at the time  ;D

it's getting steamy in here!!! lots of love goin around!

It could be Madonna she can be pretty badass too.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/09/08 at 3:45 pm

Where'd you meet him?  Does he have a car?  Details!  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/09/08 at 3:51 pm

Mine does, too.  ;)

Well-a well-a well-a huh
Tell me more, tell me more
Did you get very far?

Tell me more, tell me more
Like does he have a car?

Oops, wrong thread.

Cat

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/09/08 at 3:56 pm

Damn,girl! One confession per day,alright?

Mine does, too.  ;)

Cat

I know,you lucky woman ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/09/08 at 4:31 pm

He's like the hottest ever,girl!

;D  you so crazy. 

...confessions huh.  first let me look up the statute of limitations on certain felonious activities before I open up and potentially implicate myself

as for confessions not so scandalous, but a little embarrassing, I confess that I sent an email to a foxy movie star in 2001

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/09/08 at 7:45 pm

totally scandalous, just got kissed on the cheek in the parking lot  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 01/09/08 at 8:35 pm

Cat

well could at least confess something everyone didn't already know  ::)

Hey Bill when I was 7 I "found" 3 hot wheels cars under a display at the toy store....why I was laying on the ground looking under the shelfing unit I don't recall....but I stuffed the cars in my sock and took them home. The guilt consumed me so much I played with them for about 5 minutes then I ran outside and buried them in the yard.  Fortunately we moved a few months later so I was haunted by the cars for too long

Written By: snozberries on 01/09/08 at 8:37 pm

;D  you so crazy. 

...confessions huh.  first let me look up the statute of limitations on certain felonious activities before I open up and potentially implicate myself

as for confessions not so scandalous, but a little embarrassing, I confess that I sent an email to a foxy movie star in 2001

so you're the stalker they're looking for....

Written By: KKay on 01/09/08 at 8:50 pm

You see, the cd's that I stole were Bette Midler's "Bette of Roses", Gloria Estefan's "Destiny" and Cher's "Believe".    :-[

Stealing is not funny  >:(

but apparently sometimes a little gay  ;)

I never knew you were all in love with me. ;D

I once swiped a tape from a college suitemate. later she told me her brother's copy of style council was missing.
now i sometimes sing their songs at that brunch I work. she is always there and i ALWAYS feel guilty about it.

and i slept with her boyfriend in '87.

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/09/08 at 9:03 pm

Hey Bill when I was 7 I "found" 3 hot wheels cars under a display at the toy store....why I was laying on the ground looking under the shelfing unit I don't recall....but I stuffed the cars in my sock and took them home. The guilt consumed me so much I played with them for about 5 minutes then I ran outside and buried them in the yard.  Fortunately we moved a few months later so I was haunted by the cars for too long

;D great story!! well, at least you were 7, not in your late teens!  i should have known much better by then.

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/09/08 at 9:04 pm

but apparently sometimes a little gay  ;)

I never knew you were all in love with me. ;D

I once swiped a tape from a college suitemate. later she told me her brother's copy of style council was missing.
now i sometimes sing their songs at that brunch I work. she is always there and i ALWAYS feel guilty about it.

and i slept with her boyfriend in '87.

LOL you seem more guilty about the tape than sleeping with her boyfriend!  ;)  you tell this whole story about a tape and then just mention the boyfriend as if it was an afterthought :) hehehehe

Written By: KKay on 01/09/08 at 9:07 pm

LOL you seem more guilty about the tape than sleeping with her boyfriend!  ;)  you tell this whole story about a tape and then just mention the boyfriend as if it was an afterthought :) hehehehe

style council is much more valuable.

anyway, the boyfriend thing i confessed to.  hehehe

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/09/08 at 10:37 pm

Oh man..I have so many...some that would make your hair curl...hahaha...but I will leave those to myself... ;)

Ok...here are a few tamer ones:

I love butch girls that look like hot guys  :-*

I once stole a friend's toy right from under her nose, while over her house...and then denied the whole thing.

I once changed my grade on my report card, got caught...and had to miss going on the 6th grade camping week because of it. (damn those strict parents of mine ;)).

I've defaced a text book before :(

I was never in love with my first husband

My guilty pleasure ... TV shows like: Queer as Folk..and The L Word

If I get upset enough...I sometimes like to hurt myself (bad, but true)

I....eat...chalk. :-[...and I LOVE IT!

Ok..that's good for now. :D

Written By: whistledog on 01/09/08 at 11:11 pm

♦ I used to sometimes buy CDs based on the hot girls on the covers.  I own a music CD by Carmen Electra ;D

♦ Speaking of Carmen Electra, I bought one of her Aerobic Stripstease DVDs just so I could get off to her sexy moves ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/10/08 at 1:45 am

♦ I used to sometimes buy CDs based on the hot girls on the covers.  I own a music CD by Carmen Electra ;D

♦ Speaking of Carmen Electra, I bought one of her Aerobic Stripstease DVDs just so I could get off to her sexy moves ;D

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S0203ozIVHnbQAeUijzbkF/SIG=12rcotd8k/EXP=1200037480/**http%3A//www.ugo.com/versus/images/characters/gallery_Steve_Stifler_1.jpg

Written By: Howard on 01/10/08 at 7:01 am

Oh man..I have so many...some that would make your hair curl...hahaha...but I will leave those to myself... ;)

I once stole a friend's toy right from under her nose, while over her house...and then denied the whole thing.

I once changed my grade on my report card, got caught...and had to miss going on the 6th grade camping week because of it. (damn those strict parents of mine ;)).

Wow,that's a lot of confessions. :o

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/10/08 at 7:14 am

what did you do to the textbook?  :D and which textbook was it?

why did you marry if you weren't in love? is he Vaughn's father?

that makes me sad that you hurt yourself.  :\'(  no more of that!

YOU EAT CHALK???  :o LOL what does it taste like?  I've heard people describe things they're eating as being "chalky" if they don't like them, so I can't picture it tasting very good  :D

Written By: Howard on 01/10/08 at 7:21 am

I have a lesbian fetish (Yes even though I have a girlfriend) ;D

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/10/08 at 8:05 am

Good lord, you are a hornball!  :D  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/10/08 at 11:45 am

Ok, how about having an affair with one of my college professors-or does everyone know that one, too?

Cat

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/10/08 at 12:10 pm

Ok, how about having an affair with one of my college professors-or does everyone know that one, too?

Cat

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/surprised.gif

Written By: karen on 01/10/08 at 12:30 pm

Cat

Well' I was going to say we all knew that but apparently some don't ^

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/10/08 at 12:34 pm

Well' I was going to say we all knew that but apparently some don't ^

what about "Boop bee doop bee doop bee doop boop boop bee doop boop!" Betty Boop
(for your sig)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/10/08 at 12:37 pm

what did you do to the textbook?  :D and which textbook was it?

why did you marry if you weren't in love? is he Vaughn's father?

that makes me sad that you hurt yourself.  :\'(  no more of that!

YOU EAT CHALK???  :o LOL what does it taste like?  I've heard people describe things they're eating as being "chalky" if they don't like them, so I can't picture it tasting very good  :D

I'm going to PM you the answers! ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/10/08 at 10:33 pm

Good lord, you are a hornball!  :D  ;)

Yes and proud of IT!  ;D O0

Written By: snozberries on 01/11/08 at 11:07 pm

wow these are the tame ones?????

Wow that's been a storyline from almost every sitcom I've ever seen but I never had the guts to do it myself....I had a teacher once give me an F+ because I "tried really hard" (really I didn't try at all... and she wanted to soften the sting of the F  ::)

Hillary Swank did look kinda hot in boys don't cry...

That's kind of ballsy.... what was the toy? did they ever find out?

I went to Catholic school for high school. I hated Sacraments class and the Sacraments teacher. I wrote 666 all over my bible and on my plaid skirt to scare her...it worked!  she never let herself be in a room alone with me and she never asked me any questions...

Someone asked me what I was doing at the school and I told them that in order to conquer you're enemy you must learn his ways that way you can take him down from within...yeah I was a bitch!  ;D

that's too bad...sometimes even when we know the truth its not easy to speak it.... fear of disappointing those close to you, fulfilling expectations and all that crap...or sometimes you're just too deep into it and it seems too late to change everything...glad you figured it out and made the changes you needed to.

those are critically acclaimed shows so absolve your self from this guilt...besides I know what you watch  ;) and there are shows more deserving of the title Guilty Pleasure on your list  :-X

this makes me sad  :\'(

way to lighten it up at the end... I guess eating chalk is mildly better than eating paste....but please do tell us all what it tastes like...cuz well....why not you already told us you eat it...

Written By: snozberries on 01/11/08 at 11:08 pm

Cat

ummm Cat? Is this the same story as the chandelier story or is that a different one  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/11/08 at 11:13 pm

wow these are the tame ones?????

Wow that's been a storyline from almost every sitcom I've ever seen but I never had the guts to do it myself....I had a teacher once give me an F+ because I "tried really hard" (really I didn't try at all... and she wanted to soften the sting of the F  ::)

Hillary Swank did look kinda hot in boys don't cry...

That's kind of ballsy.... what was the toy? did they ever find out?

I went to Catholic school for high school. I hated Sacraments class and the Sacraments teacher. I wrote 666 all over my bible and on my plaid skirt to scare her...it worked!  she never let herself be in a room alone with me and she never asked me any questions...

Someone asked me what I was doing at the school and I told them that in order to conquer you're enemy you must learn his ways that way you can take him down from within...yeah I was a bitch!  ;D

that's too bad...sometimes even when we know the truth its not easy to speak it.... fear of disappointing those close to you, fulfilling expectations and all that crap...or sometimes you're just too deep into it and it seems too late to change everything...glad you figured it out and made the changes you needed to.

those are critically acclaimed shows so absolve your self from this guilt...besides I know what you watch  ;) and there are shows more deserving of the title Guilty Pleasure on your list  :-X

this makes me sad  :\'(

way to lighten it up at the end... I guess eating chalk is mildly better than eating paste....but please do tell us all what it tastes like...cuz well....why not you already told us you eat it...

yes...they are somewhat tame. ;)

Yes..Hillary Swank was hot in that movie...see what I mean...girls looking like hot guys!!! ;)

I stole these little mini cabbage patch figurines....my mom made me give them back to her!

chalk tastes...well..chalky. Like Tums...without any flavoring.  haahaha ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/11/08 at 11:19 pm

personally I think the colored chalk should come flavored!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/11/08 at 11:21 pm

personally I think the colored chalk should come flavored!

just FYI...the color chalk tastes like crap! hahaah! The added tints I think kind of make it taste worse. Oh bloody hell...I'm sitting here talking about the difference of the taste of CHALK. :o  I must get a life. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/11/08 at 11:22 pm

just FYI...the color chalk tastes like crap! hahaah! The added tints I think kind of make it taste worse. Oh bloody hell...I'm sitting here talking about the difference of the taste of CHALK. :o  I must get a life. ;D

I was just sitting here wondering if....um.... the colored chalk...well....ah.... taints the color of your....... yeah I think I need a life more!!!  ;D

Written By: SemperYoda on 01/11/08 at 11:26 pm

Paste is better.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/11/08 at 11:27 pm

I was just sitting here wondering if....um.... the colored chalk...well....ah.... taints the color of your....... yeah I think I need a life more!!!  ;D

hahahaah..no!!! ;D :D

Written By: whistledog on 01/12/08 at 1:14 am

YOU want to BE a lesbian? ???

Written By: Howard on 01/12/08 at 6:28 am

YOU want to BE a lesbian? ???

No Thank You. :P

Written By: Jessica on 01/12/08 at 9:14 am

I mix sleeping pills and alcohol on those nights when I just really need to get some sleep. Like last night.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/12/08 at 9:31 am

I mix sleeping pills and alcohol on those nights when I just really need to get some sleep. Like last night.

BAD!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/12/08 at 11:11 am

ummm Cat? Is this the same story as the chandelier story or is that a different one  ;D

Oh man, that chandelier story is never going to go away, is it?  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/08 at 11:13 am

actually I heard it was all speculation so you can choose to neither confirm nor deny the story.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/12/08 at 11:35 am

actually I heard it was all speculation so you can choose to neither confirm nor deny the story.

:-X

;)

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...