inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cover Band Poll

Written By: KKay on 01/11/08 at 10:50 am

So, what would you hope to find if you knew nothing about the band on the flyer?

Subject: Re: Cover Band Poll

Written By: Tia on 01/11/08 at 10:54 am

wacky lounge! although you should allow more than one option, cuz i want wacky lounge mix of yesterday and today, half original, half cover.

Written By: KKay on 01/11/08 at 10:55 am

wacky lounge! although you should allow more than one option, cuz i want wacky lounge mix of yesterday and today, half original, half cover.

I knew you'd be first.  Now that you put it that way, sounds good to me.

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/11/08 at 5:01 pm

Do some originals,i always like when bands do their own tunes. Most of the times it really sucks but there have been good surprises,plus it takes balls to play your own songs 8)

Written By: KKay on 01/11/08 at 5:02 pm

good point.

i always like when they play something i have not heard in a long time, in their style.

Written By: loki 13 on 01/11/08 at 5:12 pm

I like a mix of old and new as well as part cover, part original. That's how I tell how good a
band is, if they can play originals and have them sound decent then I'll return to see them
another day.

There was a cover band I used to go see often in the 80's, I thought they had a good sound and had a shot
to make it, that band was Cinderella. They sort of made it then quickly faded away.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 01/11/08 at 6:39 pm

This is a good thread!

If I'm listening- '80s hits the spot for me!
If I'm performing- I find that the sounds of the "Latin Lounge" are quite invigorating!

BTW- we do have a few originals!

Written By: Step-chan on 01/11/08 at 7:08 pm

A nice mix of old and new covers would be cool.

Check for new replies or respond here...