inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your mission, should you choose to accept it...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/11/08 at 11:03 pm

As some of y'all might know, I am a big Green Lantern fan.  It has come to my attention that the Duck Dodgers cartoon has an episode featuring the Green Lantern Corps.  I could only find the last 2/3 of the episode on Youtube and have no luck finding the first part anywhere.  The show has not been released on DVD because Warner Bros sucks.  Soooo...

If any of you have a DVR or a VCR or Youtubing capability and also have cable (I don't) with either Cartoon Network or Boomerang and happen upon this episode, would you mind taping it for me?  If Youtube, awesome!  If not, I'll send postage so you can send me a copy.

Uberthanks.

Subject: Re: Your mission, should you choose to accept it...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/12/08 at 3:27 am

I searched online and couldn't find any clips of the first part, but maybe someone will locate it for you and I'll keep my ears and eyes open for you.  umm, this is really nerdy Rice  ;D      but you're still cool  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/12/08 at 3:58 am

What is the title of the cartoon?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/12/08 at 4:18 am

What is the title of the cartoon?
Duck Dodgers  with a guest appearance by the Green Lantern Corps.
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S0201UkohHdAwA5kejzbkF/SIG=12iegrfkk/EXP=1200219092/**http%3A//www.komix.it/images/cartoon_network/Captain_Dodgers.JPG 

this looked like an interesting pic
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020twk4hHHl8AFmmjzbkF/SIG=12renjsnm/EXP=1200219376/**http%3A//www.rogers-md.net/v/wallpapers/Green_Loontern_-_Duck_Dodgers.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/12/08 at 4:21 am

There was a Duck Dodgers on the television in Spielberg's Close Encounter of the Third Kind.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/12/08 at 4:24 am

There was a Duck Dodgers on the television in Spielberg's Close Encounter of the Third Kind.
oh yeah, with Marvin the Martian  ;D

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1099/525076990_44412f9585.jpg?v=0

Written By: KKay on 01/12/08 at 7:22 am

It's hard to say "duck dodgers" without spitting all over myself.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/12/08 at 9:32 am

I searched online and couldn't find any clips of the first part, but maybe someone will locate it for you and I'll keep my ears and eyes open for you.  umm, this is really nerdy Rice  ;D      but you're still cool   8)

Don't judge me :P ;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/12/08 at 3:31 pm

Nobody watches cartoons anymore?  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/12/08 at 3:34 pm

South Park or The Simpsons?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/12/08 at 3:40 pm

South Park or The Simpsons?

Those are good too, but I would like to see that Duck Dodgers cartoon :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/12/08 at 3:41 pm

Those are good too, but I would like to see that Duck Dodgers cartoon :-\\
Duck Dodgers has the innocence of the past years for me.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/12/08 at 3:42 pm

Actually, they do have the full-length original Duck Dodgers cartoon from 1953 on Youtube, that one's a classic :)

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/08 at 6:10 pm

they played a goofy cartoon before National Treasure: Book of Secrets... that reaction Goofy has when he stands in front of the big screen TV... yeah that's totally me!

Subject: Since we're already talking about looking for stuff/resquesting videos...

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/12/08 at 7:28 pm

...I figured I'd give it a shot myself. ;) I'd totally also pay for this since I've been dying to get more for the longest time, but I wondered who might have:

1. Any footage from VH1 from the early '90s when it had that boxy, clear logo that was a cutout of each letter. Oh my gosh I just loved it in late Elementary school, and everything since has always been something of a barometer of how it was then. I'd love indivdual programs (they played LOTS of videos, both new and older), just basic video airplay, or even the non music they did, like standup comedy and Flix. Even the commercials would be cool!

Although I prefer the 1990-93 era, anything from after then (when it was still about music) wouild be just as appreciated too.

2. Talk shows from the early-mid '90s (especially Jerry Springer and Ricki Lake).

For Jerry, either that really early time around 1991 to 1993/94 when he kinda looked like an accountant and the show was totally inoffensive, innocent and primarily serious, or the time just after when it was kinda transitional yet before the trashy aspects totally took over. For Ricki, I like it all too, but also I have a soft spot for when I first discovered her when I was 12 and it was trendy in an innocent way. The "Dump that hero and get yourself a zero" era when it was also a little more innocent, and she just used lots of mid '90s slang.

3. Reality cop shows also from this early-mid '90s timeframe. I especially liked Real Stories of the Highway Patrol, in particular those re-enactment episodes (usually the third out of four stories per ep). The show tended to decline in quality as it went on, so the early ones would be preferred (although again, any would be great). It was almost like a mini movie, and interesting/informative to say the least!

Another similar one I always liked was Top Cops where officers themselves would be interviewed and ta;lked about their experiences as they reenactments were shown.

4. Earlier Unsolved Mysyteries, especially the Missing Person, Wanted and Lost Love ones. Those ones when it had the white introduction screen and the boxier logos, grainier footage, and Robert Stack sometimes was on location or in a similar looking place for his segues where he was onscreen.

5. Anything with Paula Abdul. ;) Especially old interviews and stuff.

6. Weird Al Yankovic stuff, especially the old AL-TV shows. I loved that three-hour one that aired in 1992 and taped it, but ended up losing it later, and always wished I could get that one back.

Subject: Re: Since we're already talking about looking for stuff/resquesting videos...

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/12/08 at 7:56 pm

4. Earlier Unsolved Mysyteries, especially the Missing Person, Wanted and Lost Love ones. Those ones when it had the white introduction screen and the boxier logos, grainier footage, and Robert Stack sometimes was on location or in a similar looking place for his segues where he was onscreen.

I loved "Unsolved Mysteries" so much during much of it's original run on NBC. The Lost Loves and Wanted segments were my favorite. I should've recorded the episodes.  :( Lifetime used to air reruns of UM all the time, but they haven't in the last couple of years.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/12/08 at 10:04 pm

Don't judge me :P ;)
I didn't judge you, I only labeled you  ::)

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/14/08 at 3:12 pm

I loved "Unsolved Mysteries" so much during much of it's original run on NBC. The Lost Loves and Wanted segments were my favorite. I should've recorded the episodes.  :( Lifetime used to air reruns of UM all the time, but they haven't in the last couple of years.

Yeah the old ones were the best. :)

You know what, I think I got too excited talking about all that stuff, lol...that I forgot to mention in return, I actually do have quite a bit of older UM episodes (from when Lifetime still aired it). I could copy some for anyone who wants them.

There was a guy on youtube who uploaded tons of episodes, but his account got deleted sadly. Especially since you figure more exposure could've actually helped solve some of these cases.

Written By: Jessica on 01/14/08 at 10:21 pm

As some of y'all might know, I am a big Green Lantern fan.  It has come to my attention that the Duck Dodgers cartoon has an episode featuring the Green Lantern Corps.  I could only find the last 2/3 of the episode on Youtube and have no luck finding the first part anywhere.  The show has not been released on DVD because Warner Bros sucks.  Soooo...

If any of you have a DVR or a VCR or Youtubing capability and also have cable (I don't) with either Cartoon Network or Boomerang and happen upon this episode, would you mind taping it for me?  If Youtube, awesome!  If not, I'll send postage so you can send me a copy.

Uberthanks.

I found it for him off of some Russian site that looks like YouTube. I'm such an awesome wife. ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/14/08 at 10:54 pm

She's awesome, the rest of you people are suck!  :P >:(

Just kidding, thanks for playing though :)

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/08 at 11:03 pm

ah well give us another mission...jessica...stay out of it  ;) 

just kidding... instead why don't you find my stuff for me

The Longest Night
Seven in Darkness

I've been looking for them for soooo long!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/15/08 at 1:14 am

I found it for him off of some Russian site that looks like YouTube. I'm such an awesome wife. ;D
no wonder you're his favorite wife  ;)  nice work Jess

Written By: Jessica on 01/15/08 at 9:28 am

no wonder you're his favorite wife  ;)   nice work Jess

Wait....he has more wives? :o

;D

Written By: Midas on 01/15/08 at 1:59 pm

She's awesome, the rest of you people are suck!  :P >:(

Just kidding, thanks for playing though :)

Arr suck!  You sperr wlong!  :D

Glad to hear yous found what yous were looking for :)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/15/08 at 5:08 pm

Great episode, you should check it out :D  I think the host is like some igloo dude in Siberia though, it's freaking slow...I'm so spoiled by the DSL :P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/15/08 at 7:45 pm

Wait....he has more wives? :o

;D
no,  but you know if he did, you'd be his favorite

Check for new replies or respond here...