inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dream job

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/18/08 at 7:41 am

I can't choose.  Those are all my dream jobs.

Subject: Re: Dream job

Written By: gibbo on 01/18/08 at 7:45 am

Cheating on tests sounds dangerous........yeah!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/18/08 at 7:52 am

none of the above! ;D

My dream job:  to explore the offbeat parts of America and other parts of the world...and make neat documentaries, take pictures, and write books about my ventures.  Also....to learn so much about interesting historical facts...so that I can share them with others.

Also: To open a retro type thrift/consignment shop on one side...and a vegetarian cafe on the other side. :)

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/18/08 at 7:57 am

none of the above! ;D

My dream job:  to explore the offbeat parts of America and other parts of the world...and make neat documentaries, take pictures, and write books about my ventures.  Also....to learn so much about interesting historical facts...so that I can share them with others.

Also: To open a retro type thrift/consignment shop on one side...and a vegetarian cafe on the other side. :)

that sounds so nice!  i would love to do that. Billy and I plan to open an antique store when we retire and sell all of the Pyrex that I've collected  ;D  By then, it might not be worth anything because the people who would be buying it won't even know what it is...  :\'(  Sad to think that

Written By: danootaandme on 01/18/08 at 8:03 am

none of the above! ;D

I'm in. Can we have a small bookshop in with that, maybe incorporate it into the cafe?

Written By: gibbo on 01/18/08 at 8:07 am

none of the above! ;D

Cool answer!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/18/08 at 8:43 am

that sounds so nice!  i would love to do that. Billy and I plan to open an antique store when we retire and sell all of the Pyrex that I've collected  ;D  By then, it might not be worth anything because the people who would be buying it won't even know what it is...  :\'(  Sad to think that

I will so be there....as a valued customer!! :)

I'm in. Can be have a small bookshop in with that, maybe incorporate it into the cafe?

oh yes...wouldn't that be charming, huh?

Cool answer!!!

thanks!! :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/18/08 at 10:59 am

My dream job is to be a restaurant critic for some newspaper/magazine. On top of being paid for writing up a blurb about the restaurant, the newspaper/magazine pays for my meals.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Midas on 01/18/08 at 1:13 pm

All jobs paying equal, I chose Yankee Candle Survey Creator from the list of choices.

What did you like about the candle's scent?
What did you not like about the scent of the candle?
Did the scent make you want to eat the candle?
Would you buy edible candles?
Do you already eat candles?

Written By: Tia on 01/18/08 at 1:21 pm

fluffee. :P

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/18/08 at 1:50 pm

none of the above! ;D

Wow, Erin, I think we better do this together because those are all exactly what I'd want to do  :)

Also, another dream job would be to paint landscapes and sell them. I'd also love to be a concert pianist or violinist, but I'm neither - so that's why they'll always be dreams  ;D

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/18/08 at 1:58 pm

Wow, Erin, I think we better do this together because those are all exactly what I'd want to do  :)

Also, another dream job would be to paint landscapes and sell them. I'd also love to be a concert pianist or violinist, but I'm neither - so that's why they'll always be dreams  ;D

Make your dreams come true

Written By: Howard on 01/18/08 at 3:03 pm

I'm gonna say "crayon" but how much does a crayon pay? ;D

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/18/08 at 3:07 pm

I'm gonna say "crayon" but how much does a crayon pay? ;D
~

Who cares? It's crayon. I'm in!

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/18/08 at 3:22 pm

I have to say that I'm shocked and bewildered that 3 people have chosen "Yankee Candle Survey Creator" but not one has chosen "Johnny Skyrocket".  I'm going to change that option...

Written By: Howard on 01/18/08 at 3:46 pm

I have to say that I'm shocked and bewildered that 3 people have chosen "Yankee Candle Survey Creator" but not one has chosen "Johnny Skyrocket".  I'm going to change that option...

I'm not sure what a Johnny Skyrocket is?  ???

Written By: whistledog on 01/18/08 at 11:27 pm

My dream job is to climb a tree while holding a banana cream pie.  Then when I get to the top of the tree, I snap off a twig, eat the pie, then I jump onto the roof of a house where I then begin to dance a mexican jig.  Then after I've danced the jig, I jump down the chimney, ransack the house, then run outside into an open manhole where I dance another mexican jig with a bunch of sewer rats

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/18/08 at 11:35 pm

Let's do it then, girl!! :)

Written By: Howard on 01/19/08 at 4:18 pm

cheating on tests is not considered a job?!?  ???

Written By: Midas on 01/19/08 at 4:38 pm

My dream job is to climb a tree while holding a banana cream pie.  Then when I get to the top of the tree, I snap off a twig, eat the pie, then I jump onto the roof of a house where I then begin to dance a mexican jig.  Then after I've danced the jig, I jump down the chimney, ransack the house, then run outside into an open manhole where I dance another mexican jig with a bunch of sewer rats

You did this last week and were FIRED!  :D

Well shoot, now I may need to reconsider my position...

fluffee. :P

Karma to you.

Written By: loki 13 on 01/19/08 at 4:56 pm

Weird list to choose from.  ???  My dream job dream job, however, would be they guy who
paints the bikini's on the Swimsuit Models.  ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/19/08 at 5:00 pm

Yankee Candle Survey Creator.  There's a certain joy in making people sneeze.

Check for new replies or respond here...