inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Happy Australia Day!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/26/08 at 3:33 am

Today is Australia Day, which is celebrated annually on 26th January, commemorating the establishment of the first European settlement on the continent of Australia.

G'Day Sport!

Subject: Re: Happy Australia Day!!!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/26/08 at 3:38 am

Happy Aussie day everyone. 8)

Written By: mandamoo on 01/26/08 at 3:42 am

Thanks Philip and Luke !  :)

Had a nice bludgy, relaxing day. Love long weekends  :D

Written By: Green Lantern on 01/26/08 at 3:49 am

Thanks Philip and Luke !  :)

Had a nice bludgy, relaxing day. Love long weekends  :D

Hey ! A rare appearance by 'Mooster Mooster'. Welcome, Amanda !

Haven't done anything special myself. Mostly slept the day away, now at home, maybe gonna watch tv ?

I think we might share our national day with India (a bit of trivia .... could be wrong, off top of my head). 

I anticipate there'll be fireworks going off soon.

Written By: mandamoo on 01/26/08 at 3:57 am

Hey ! A rare appearance by 'Mooster Mooster'. Welcome, Amanda !

Haven't done anything special myself. Mostly slept the day away, now at home, maybe gonna watch tv ?

I think we might share our national day with India (a bit of trivia .... could be wrong, off top of my head). 

I anticipate there'll be fireworks going off soon.

Hi Mister Mister ! :)

Yep, you're right about it being India's national day  ;)

I wish I was at work just so I could view the fireworks, seeing as I have an enviable view of the Harbour  :D

Written By: Green Lantern on 01/26/08 at 3:59 am

Hi Mister Mister ! :)

Yep, you're right about it being India's national day  ;)

I wish I was at work just so I could view the fireworks, seeing as I have an enviable view of the Harbour  :D

Yeah ? Where roughly is your work located ?  Can't remember which suburb you are in .... will you be anywhere near the action at any point in the remaining 3 hours ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/26/08 at 4:02 am

What is the latest score?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/26/08 at 11:13 am

Happy Australia Day to all our friends Down Under.

Cat

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 01/27/08 at 2:33 am

Happy Australia Day gang.

Perth put on its annual SkyWorks fireworks show for Aus Day and this year it included a really lovely tribute to our favourite hometown boy made good - Heath Ledger - who we sadly lost this week.

I held a balcony party - drinks and nibblies and a fabulous view of the fireworks.

Here is a piccy I took

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/kj68/home/2008jan047.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 01/27/08 at 2:45 am

Australia gave me one of my favourite songs of the 00s:  'I Like the Way' by Bodyrockers

Happy Australia Day to all out friends down under :) 8)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/27/08 at 2:50 am

Perth put on its annual SkyWorks fireworks show for Aus Day and this year it included a really lovely tribute to our favourite hometown boy made good - Heath Ledger - who we sadly lost this week.

I held a balcony party - drinks and nibblies and a fabulous view of the fireworks.

Here is a piccy I took

Wow, that's impressive!

You Aussies sure know how to celebrate your national day. Just wish we could do the same  :-\\

Written By: Gis on 01/27/08 at 3:59 am

I was out in London last night and that was packed with people dressed in green and yellow with Aussie flags stamped on thier faces and Fosters hats on their heads it was completely insane! We couldn't even get in to two of the pubs we wanted too.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 01/27/08 at 4:53 am

Wow, that's impressive!

You Aussies sure know how to celebrate your national day. Just wish we could do the same  :-\\

What day is yours ?  I know the big Maori contingent here in Perth celebrate Waitangi (excuse spelling if thats way out!!) Day in a big way. Its usually at the Royal Show Grounds or a huge oval or park and has entertainment all day and hangi's and food stalls and its a great day. Always seems to fall on the hottest day of the year tho - my memories seem to involve sunburn !!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/27/08 at 6:49 am

I was out in London last night and that was packed with people dressed in green and yellow with Aussie flags stamped on thier faces and Fosters hats on their heads it was completely insane! We couldn't even get in to two of the pubs we wanted too.
Were you in Earl's Court?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/27/08 at 6:50 am

Here is a piccy I took

A spectacular picture.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/28/08 at 4:06 am

Now how many had a bar-bi on the beach?

Written By: jaytee on 01/28/08 at 7:04 am

Now how many had a bar-bi on the beach?

No just one in the backyard at our friends' house.  They served kanga bangers, pavlova and lamingtons and lots of beer and wine.  We also played some really daggy Aussie tunes.  Had a lovely relaxing time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/28/08 at 7:08 am

No just one in the backyard at our friends' house.  They served kanga bangers, pavlova and lamingtons and lots of beer and wine.   We also played some really daggy Aussie tunes.   Had a lovely relaxing time.
...and beat the Indians at cricket?

Check for new replies or respond here...