inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: In the interests of seeing people start more threads...

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/30/08 at 8:24 am

I pledge to respond in every new thread started for the next week, if no one else says anything in it for more than a day.

People seem to be shy about starting new threads because they're afraid no one will respond.  So to remedy this, I promise there will be no one post threads for the next week.

Subject: Re: In the interests of seeing people start more threads...

Written By: Green Lantern on 01/30/08 at 8:50 am

I pledge to respond in every new thread started for the next week, if no one else says anything in it for more than a day.

People seem to be shy about starting new threads because they're afraid no one will respond.  So to remedy this, I promise there will be no one post threads for the next week.

I would HATE that no one responded to THIS thread, Chucky ! It might make you all shy !  :\'(

( Well, SOMEBODY has to encourage the poor man to post now, don't  they !? ).  ???  ;D

Just had a thought though .... what if I start a thread ... then lock it straight away ?  ( Hey nobody responded?  :\'( I wonder why ?  :-\\  ).

What happens to your pledge then ?  ???  :P  ;)  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/30/08 at 10:36 am

Come on, people. We need new material for the Front Page. I'm afraid that Chucky will think that I am not doing my job.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 01/30/08 at 10:37 am

Come on, people. We need new material for the Front Page. I'm afraid that Chucky will think that I am not doing my job.

Cat
my vote goes for "movies with similar plots." maybe not front page material but great idea for a thread.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/30/08 at 10:45 am

I would HATE that no one responded to THIS thread, Chucky ! It might make you all shy !  :\'(

( Well, SOMEBODY has to encourage the poor man to post now, don't  they !? ).  ???  ;D

Just had a thought though .... what if I start a thread ... then lock it straight away ?  ( Hey nobody responded?  :\'( I wonder why ?  :-\\  ).

What happens to your pledge then ?  ???  :P  ;)  :D

you forget I can unlock threads.

and if I'm lazy and mean, I can just delete it instead of responding >grin<

Written By: ninny on 01/30/08 at 10:52 am

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/mrcloakny/SWG%20Screenies/pledge.jpg

My pledge to do more

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/30/08 at 3:32 pm

I promise to reply to this new thread.

Written By: Green Lantern on 01/30/08 at 4:38 pm

you forget I can unlock threads.

and if I'm lazy and mean, I can just delete it instead of responding >grin<

Actually, I didn't forget ..... I just didn't know you could do that (unlock locked threads) .... but then I guess the supreme being can do anything / has awesome powers ?  I've wondered before if you have the capability as administrator to see what a 'hidden' member is doing ? Do you have that ....that ...... 'eye in the sky' power ?

http://www.audiophile-vinyl.de/images/Alan%20Parsons%20Project%20Eye%20in%20the%20Sky.jpg
Yes .... that's Chucky's eye ^  on this cover !  :P  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 01/30/08 at 4:40 pm

I promise to reply to this new thread.

Somehow, I don't think a pledge to reply to a thread  is necessary in YOUR case Philip ! Aren't you in just about every thread under the sun ?  ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 01/30/08 at 5:19 pm

I always have bad luck with my threads, so I start them sparingly. :-\\

I did start a thread in the food section not too long though.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/31/08 at 2:38 am

Somehow, I don't think a pledge to reply to a thread  is necessary in YOUR case Philip ! Aren't you in just about every thread under the sun ?   ;D
I do not think I have replied in every thread, for in some threads it is unpractical.

Written By: Green Lantern on 01/31/08 at 6:36 am

I do not think I have replied in every thread, for in some threads it is unpractical.

Which is why I said in 'just about' ....

I don't think you venture into the more serious / 2000's / current affairs/ political debates sections that much .....

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/31/08 at 6:41 am

I don't think you venture into the more serious / 2000's / current affairs/ political debates sections that much .....

Politics & Religious topics are a seperate sub-board, and can ONLY appear on that board. Off topics posts are deleted and not moved. I am always serious on the board.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/31/08 at 6:41 am

I am always serious on the board.
...but not here!

Written By: Howard on 01/31/08 at 6:52 am

I started a thread about The robot 2XL a while ago but I hardly got any repsonses from it so now it's buried somewhere. :(

Written By: Green Lantern on 01/31/08 at 6:58 am

I am always serious on the board.

...but not here!

Well, I noted that even Chucky seems to be trying to show a bit of a more humorous side lately ....as I noted in his interesting thread featuring a link that resulted in dinosaurs / bugs and the like .... invading and chewing up your screen before your eyes.

I don't think that's a bad thing .... to explore your 'child side' ...... although perhaps I have been known to slightly over indulge in that area ? Just slightly .......... (?).

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/31/08 at 8:58 am

Well, I noted that even Chucky seems to be trying to show a bit of a more humorous side lately ....as I noted in his interesting thread featuring a link that resulted in dinosaurs / bugs and the like .... invading and chewing up your screen before your eyes.

I don't think that's a bad thing .... to explore your 'child side' ...... although perhaps I have been known to slightly over indulge in that area ? Just slightly .......... (?).

me? humorous?  never...  :D

the problem with being "in charge" is that you have to keep some serious facade for when you need to bring the ban hammer down.  Although lately that's only one person who keeps recreating his banned accounts, and I gave up being polite or anything else with that individual.

I created a script to make sure I catch all the new topics with no responses.  Some are from before when I said I would respond to all of them.

http://www.inthe00s.com/showSomeLove.php

Written By: Green Lantern on 01/31/08 at 9:10 am

me? humorous?  never...  :D

the problem with being "in charge" is that you have to keep some serious facade for when you need to bring the ban hammer down.  Although lately that's only one person who keeps recreating his banned accounts, and I gave up being polite or anything else with that individual.

I created a script to make sure I catch all the new topics with no responses.  Some are from before when I said I would respond to all of them.

http://www.inthe00s.com/showSomeLove.php

I DO  understand where you are coming from ... and that feeling you feel  the need to keep a certain distance / not get TOO friendly with anyone..... to be able to keep discipline etc;

Still, it is refreshing to see you get involved in the Playful area.  :)  8)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/31/08 at 9:45 am

I DO  understand where you are coming from ... and that feeling you feel  the need to keep a certain distance / not get TOO friendly with anyone..... to be able to keep discipline etc;

Still, it is refreshing to see you get involved in the Playful area.  :)  8)

I've been involved before... I've just been grumpy lately because I've been sick and trying to write book #2.

Check for new replies or respond here...