inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: irritating things

Written By: Tia on 01/30/08 at 10:46 am

i'm sure this thread has been done before but i couldnt find it. i swear i looked!

little things that irritate you. for instance, i hate it when i get lunch and then when i'm on the elevator back to the office some dweeb goes, "hey, what'd you get me?"

um, i got you a supersized combo of shut the fudge up, asshole. god i hate that tired joke. it was stupid the first time, back in the year 1066.

Subject: Re: irritating things

Written By: Jessica on 01/30/08 at 10:50 am

Oh wow, I could go on for days.

-People who talk on the phone while driving and nearly mow me and the boy down.

-Asspets that like to cut me off while I'm driving. It makes it doubly worse because I'm already tense from having to shift gears. :P

-The weather is irritating me right now. Why the eff is it only 3 degrees outside?

-Not having money. That's another irritation.

Dammit, why'd you have to start this thread? :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 11:01 am

Friends who start a conversation with "so what's going on" instead of "hello".

People who use the "f" word every third word. (I can't stand F-word fillers)

Cell phones on the bus.

Store employees who constantly ask if I need any help.

BLAH 8-P

Written By: karen on 01/30/08 at 11:04 am

people who drive too quickly around car parks
people who can't steer their cars properly when turning left into a side street and end up on my side of the road.
the spot on the back of my neck

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/30/08 at 4:35 pm

People who don't hold the door when there's someone right behind them,rude much  >:(

Written By: loki 13 on 01/30/08 at 5:09 pm

Phrases that irritate me:

"Hey, working hard or hardly working."

" First and foremost." ....if it's first there is nothing in front of it which makes it foremost. no need to say both.

" Man, it's really coming down out there."....Hey dipwad, did you ever see it go up?

The biggest things that iiritate me are when people combine words. I want to strangle anyone who utters the
words; Chillax, Fantabulous or Ginormous.  >:(  >:(

Written By: adagio on 01/30/08 at 5:15 pm

" Man, it's really coming down out there."....Hey dipwad, did you ever see it go up?

Hehe...oh yeah.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 5:21 pm

That working hard or hardly working bit has always irritated the heck out of me. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/mgwhore.gif

Written By: Red Ant on 01/30/08 at 5:32 pm

People who don't hold the door when there's someone right behind them,rude much  >:(

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. Happened last week to me with both hands full of tools...

I can't stand people who walk around in public and don't look where they are going... they always seem to find me, and I always resist the urge to shoulder check them into the ground. One day though, one day...

um, i got you a supersized combo of shut the fudge up, Ashcroft.

I soo want to hear a recording of that!

The biggest things that iiritate me are when people combine words. I want to strangle anyone who utters thewords; Chillax, Fantabulous or Ginormous.  >:(  >:(

I've had similar feelings toward Rachael Ray for her use of "de-lish!" - is she so lazy that she can't say the third syllable of "delicious"?

Ant

Written By: loki 13 on 01/30/08 at 5:44 pm

I've had similar feelings toward Rachael Ray for her use of "de-lish!" - is she so lazy that she can't say the third syllable of "delicious"?

Also the weathermen who say "Precip."

Or when you do hold the door and the person refuses to say "Thank You,"

Written By: Jessica on 01/30/08 at 6:02 pm

Or when you do hold the door and the person refuses to say "Thank You,"

That's when you do as my sister does and say in a snotty tone, "YOU'RE WELCOME."

Hell, I even tell our doorman, "Thank you", and that's his frackin' job. :D

I've got another one: the people who block the aisles at the market with their carts and totally ignore you when you say, "Excuse me." That's when I get evil and move their carts myself. They don't like it, but oh well.

Written By: Green Lantern on 01/30/08 at 6:28 pm

Friends who start a conversation with "so what's going on" instead of "hello".

BLAH 8-P

So .... what f*** the  is  f*** going on ?

"Hey, working hard or hardly working."

" First and foremost." ....if it's first there is nothing in front of it which makes it foremost. no need to say both.

The biggest things that iiritate me are when people combine words. I want to strangle anyone who utters the
words; Chillax, Fantabulous or Ginormous.  >:(  >:(

Well, Loki, may I just say, first and foremost,  oh hang on a sec, was that lightning (?)  ... seems to be some precip .... yeah man ! It's REALLY coming down out there !

Just look at the size of those raindrops .... are they ginormous ... or ....

:P :D

Written By: adagio on 01/30/08 at 8:54 pm

The semi word, 'veggie' instead of vegetable grates my last nerve.

Written By: snozberries on 01/30/08 at 9:18 pm

Sadly, I'm guilty of some of these...  like

little things that irritate you. for instance, i hate it when i get lunch and then when i'm on the elevator back to the office some dweeb goes, "hey, what'd you get me?"

I hate it when the officers go to lunch and forget to offer to get something for me... I am locked in a room for 10 hours I am not allowed to leave so unless they feed me I starve but they always forget about me.

^Guilty....

I like hate it like when like the word like is like used for like every other word  ::)

I really detest stupid people...people who can't follow a simple transition in the sentence....
  Co-worker 1: Do you work monday?
  Co-worker 2: Yes except I have lunch from 11-12 (she works in a different capacity and gets lunch...unlike me....)
  Co-worker 1: okay I want to schedule a meeting with you.
  Co-worker 2: When?

ME: on Monday you stupid idiot...why else would he ask if you were around on that day?  Geesh was that really a difficult question?

Or, my car is in the parking lot attached to a department car with jumper cables and a coworker asks...TQ is there something wrong with your car?  NO THIS IS HOW CARS HAVE SEX!  ::)

People who take me literally.... if I say a billiion I mean hundred and if I say l"ike 20 times"... then I mean more than twice.

Written By: adagio on 01/30/08 at 9:25 pm

Sadly, I'm guilty of some of these...  like
I hate it when the officers go to lunch and forget to offer to get something for me... I am locked in a room for 10 hours I am not allowed to leave so unless they feed me I starve but they always forget about me.

^Guilty....

I like hate it like when like the word like is like used for like every other word   ::)

I really detest stupid people...people who can't follow a simple transition in the sentence....
   Co-worker 1: Do you work monday?
   Co-worker 2: Yes except I have lunch from 11-12 (she works in a different capacity and gets lunch...unlike me....)
   Co-worker 1: okay I want to schedule a meeting with you.
   Co-worker 2: When?

ME: on Monday you stupid idiot...why else would he ask if you were around on that day?  Geesh was that really a difficult question?

Or, my car is in the parking lot attached to a department car with jumper cables and a coworker asks...TQ is there something wrong with your car?  NO THIS IS HOW CARS HAVE SEX!   ::)

People who take me literally.... if I say a billiion I mean hundred and if I say l"ike 20 times"... then I mean more than twice.

That's really funny.  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 9:27 pm

So like when I like went to the store like it was so crowded like I just went home.

*ducks snozberries back handed smack*

Written By: snozberries on 01/30/08 at 9:31 pm

So like when I like went to the store like it was so crowded like I just went home.

*ducks snozberries back handed smack*

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/xinglong83/Emoticons/icon_backhand.gif

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 9:33 pm

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/xinglong83/Emoticons/icon_backhand.gif

Ouch!!! :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 01/30/08 at 9:35 pm

Aw I still love you  :-*

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 9:37 pm

Aw I still love you  :-*

I know, you wouldn't happen to have an ice pack?  I would be irritated and in pain without one.

Written By: snozberries on 01/30/08 at 9:40 pm

I know, you wouldn't happen to have an ice pack?  I would be irritated and in pain without one.

here ya go...
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/siuolsenoj/ice.jpg

and this
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb275/ur_my_queen2003/DEW.jpg

the next post will read..I hate it when Snoz hijacks my thread!  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 9:45 pm

here ya go...

and this
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb275/ur_my_queen2003/DEW.jpg

Thank you

*chugs Dew, puts ice pack on eye*

Written By: snozberries on 01/30/08 at 9:49 pm

Thank you

*chugs Dew, puts ice pack on eye*

hope you feel better real soon...

okay back on topic...

Grammatically, I hate it when people misuse

your and you're
they're and their
too and to

and when someone says/writes

"People that" instead of "people who"....

Written By: adagio on 01/30/08 at 9:54 pm

okay back on topic...

your and you're
they're and their
too and to

or use 'should of' instead of 'should have' and other slip-ups of that type.  Not a slip-up, they think it's right.

Written By: snozberries on 01/30/08 at 9:57 pm

or use 'should of' instead of 'should have' and other slip-ups of that type.  Not a slip-up, they think it's right.

that's a good one too. I just write shoulda  ;D

Written By: adagio on 01/30/08 at 9:59 pm

Sometimes I write that when in a hurry and just wrote, 'gotta go'.

Written By: Green Lantern on 01/30/08 at 10:01 pm

here ya go...

okay back on topic...

Hey ! Not so fast !  >:( You're not the ONLY one who's capable of hijacking a thread !  >:(

Well,  ....    :-\\  I had gone to the trouble of finding this pic ..... and then you'd 'moved on '    :\'(

So, Reynolds .... have some more !  :)

http://www.mactonnies.com/globalmelt.jpg
(As Paul hogan would say ....) Now THAT'S an ice pack !

Well, I think it's 'cool'  8)  :P

NOW you can get 'back on topic'  :P  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/30/08 at 10:04 pm

Hey ! Not so fast !  >:( You're not the ONLY one who's capable of hijacking a thread !  >:(

Well,  ....    :-\\  I had gone to the trouble of finding this pic ..... and then you'd 'moved on '    :\'(

Well, I think it's 'cool'  8)  :P

NOW you can get 'back on topic'  :P  ;D

Aw Alan I was just keeping the thread warm for you now that you're here you can hijack it all you want!

Written By: adagio on 01/30/08 at 10:05 pm

Hey ! Not so fast !  >:( You're not the ONLY one who's capable of hijacking a thread !   >:(

Well,  ....    :-\\   I had gone to the trouble of finding this pic ..... and then you'd 'moved on '    :\'(

Well, I think it's 'cool'   8)  :P

NOW you can get 'back on topic'   :P   ;D

A MAN shows up...hmmphh

Written By: adagio on 01/30/08 at 10:08 pm

Briefly...outta his element. OOps, sorry snozberries.

Written By: snozberries on 01/30/08 at 10:11 pm

Briefly...outta his element. OOps, sorry snozberries.

don't make me back slap you too...  ;D

Written By: adagio on 01/30/08 at 10:13 pm

don't make me back slap you too...  ;D

Please, dont! :o

Written By: snozberries on 01/30/08 at 10:23 pm

Please, dont! :o

okay I won't ...just watch your step 'kay...oops.

Written By: adagio on 01/30/08 at 10:26 pm

Yeah,  If you do. :D

Written By: snozberries on 01/30/08 at 10:28 pm

Yeah,  If you do. :D

O0

Written By: Green Lantern on 01/30/08 at 10:29 pm

A MAN shows up...hmmphh

A 'MAN' ...  ???  Hmmphh to you too !  >:(  Not A 'man'  ... well, not just ANY man !

THE 'man' !  >:(  :P

Yes ... the more respectful / educated / knowledgeable refer to me as 'Sir Alan' .....  ::)  ...... (even though I haven't been OFFICIALLY knighted ....  :( (well,  .... yet !  :-X ).

At the very least ... even without that fancy 'Sir' title  ...... I should at least be referred to by the more mundane / common or garden variety term 'Mr.  ............ Oh .... I've forgotten my surname again  ....  :-[  .... I think it's Mr.  .....  :-[  Mr..........  :-[  ................  Hey .... I've got it ! Why don't you just refer to me as Mr. Mr. (or even Mr. Mister ?  ???  :P  ;D ).

Written By: Red Ant on 01/30/08 at 10:32 pm

okay back on topic...

your and you're
they're and their
too and to

*looks back at his last post on this thread*

Whew! Safe!

;D

I've gotten a *bit* more pedantic on grammar over the past few years, but as long as I understand what you're trying to say, it's okay by me.

Hey Q, you might enjoy these:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/thebyrds27.shtml
http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/thebeatles1418.shtml

Something else that's irritating:

People who submit things to my sections on AmiRight in ALL CAPS, l337 5P34K or HaXXor TaLk. They might as well type "Please disregard my entry and place it in your circular file bin as soon as you see it",  because that's exactly what I do.

Ant

Written By: adagio on 01/30/08 at 10:35 pm

Posted on: Today at 12:29:32 AMPosted by: Mr. Mister 
Insert Quote
Quote from: adagio on Today at 12:05:17 AM
A MAN shows up...hmmphh

A 'MAN' ...     Hmmphh to you too !     Not A 'man'  ... well, not just ANY man !

THE 'man' !     
Yes ... the more respectful / educated / knowledgeable refer to me as 'Sir Alan' .....    ...... (even though I haven't been OFFICIALLY knighted ....   (well,  .... yet !   ).

At the very least ... even without that fancy 'Sir' title   ...... I should at least be referred to by the more mundane / common or garden variety term 'Mr.  ............ Oh .... I've forgotten my surname again  ....    .... I think it's Mr.  .....      Mr..........     ................  Hey .... I've got it ! Why don't you just refer to me as Mr. Mr. (or even Mr. Mister ?       ).

As soon as you start calling me your highness.  Or Belle...that's my middle name  too.

Written By: snozberries on 01/30/08 at 10:39 pm

*looks back at his last post on this thread*

Whew! Safe!

;D

I've gotten a *bit* more pedantic on grammar over the past few years, but as long as I understand what you're trying to say, it's okay by me.

Hey Q, you might enjoy these:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/thebyrds27.shtml
http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/thebeatles1418.shtml

Something else that's irritating:

People who submit things to my sections on AmiRight in ALL CAPS, l337 5P34K or HaXXor TaLk. They might as well type "Please disregard my entry and place it in your circular file bin as soon as you see it",  because that's exactly what I do.

Ant

those were funny Ant thanks.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/30/08 at 11:39 pm

Somedays I got no tolerance for nothing.

It's the little things that irritate me like when I'm walking into the entrance at work and the girl behind me is on her stupid phone and looks like she's expecting me to hold the door for her.  ;D  no friggin way!  get off the phone & use your own hand to open the door (unless she's hot) 
old people driving in the car just ahead of me. they have one speed. 45mph &  no matter what road or freewway they're on, it's 45mph

here's another that irritates the heck out of me. why must the cashiers at stores & food places give you the change and bills that are in the worst condition or wrote on or ripped or the pennies & silver are corroded.  that sucks because they're just gonna be depositing into the bank anyway.
this thread is getting me too hyped up and thinking about all the sh*t I don't like.

Written By: snozberries on 01/30/08 at 11:49 pm

old people driving in the car just ahead of me. they have one speed. 45mph &  no matter what road or freewway they're on, it's 45mph

I hate it when the car in front of goes exactly the speed limit...some of us drive faster than the speed limit so get outta da way!!!!

especially when the cars in the other two lanes are doing the same speed as the one in the fast lane..then there's no way to get around.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/30/08 at 11:51 pm

I hate it when the car in front of goes exactly the speed limit...some of us drive faster than the speed limit so get outta da way!!!!

especially when the cars in the other two lanes are doing the same speed as the one in the fast lane..then there's no way to get around.

they're doing it on purpose  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/hmh.gif

Written By: adagio on 01/30/08 at 11:54 pm

Snoz!!! 'Outta da' way???  Goodness.  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 01/31/08 at 12:00 am

Snoz!!! 'Outta da' way???  Goodness.  ::)

that's how mad I was... I couldn't think straight!  ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 01/31/08 at 12:06 am

Clogneedles!

My slightly psycho friend David coined that term. A highway is like a needle: long and thin. People who clog the highway by driving side by side at the same (slow) speed are "clogging the needle", hence, "clogneedles".

Since we're on the topic of traffic at the moment, something else that irritates me: using turn signals does not give you the right-of-way. Nice, yes, forgotten art, possibly, but hitting that lever on your steering column doesn't magically or instantly create a vehicle sized gap in traffic for one to pull into.

Ant

Written By: adagio on 01/31/08 at 7:42 am

that's how mad I was... I couldn't think straight!  ;D

;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/31/08 at 8:14 am

very cold weather.

Written By: adagio on 01/31/08 at 8:17 am

Rain on my freshly styled hair!

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/31/08 at 8:35 am

wow, this thread has really taken off.  it's kinda irritating.  >:(

;)

Written By: Howard on 01/31/08 at 8:36 am

rainy days.

Written By: Tia on 01/31/08 at 8:53 am

wow, this thread has really taken off.  it's kinda irritating.  >:(

;)
but will it be a featured thread? no. totally annoying. >:(

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/31/08 at 9:08 am

but will it be a featured thread? no. totally annoying. >:(

it TOTALLY deserves to be...

Written By: Jessica on 01/31/08 at 10:38 am

Clogneedles!

My slightly psycho friend David coined that term. A highway is like a needle: long and thin. People who clog the highway by driving side by side at the same (slow) speed are "clogging the needle", hence, "clogneedles".

Since we're on the topic of traffic at the moment, something else that irritates me: using turn signals does not give you the right-of-way. Nice, yes, forgotten art, possibly, but hitting that lever on your steering column doesn't magically or instantly create a vehicle sized gap in traffic for one to pull into.

Ant

Amen. And those f**kers in the SUVs that think they can pull that crap and nearly hit us.....ergh.

I'm guilty of doing the clogneedle thing to people that piss me off. :P Otherwise, I fly down the highways/interstates.

Written By: adagio on 01/31/08 at 3:39 pm

I found an irratating thing in the grocery store....people who park their full carts right in the middle of the aise...can't get by either way and when they look up and see you waiting ot you say 'excuse me', they look very irritated.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/31/08 at 10:26 pm

people who have a child/children..but put their pets ahead of them.

when I am talking and telling someone something, and they are too busy looking all around and not listening to me.

when someone can't clean up after themselves, especially if the garbage can is like right in front of them. >:(

Written By: Green Lantern on 01/31/08 at 11:30 pm

Not being able to get through to this topic (or any other place on this board)  ... but getting a bunch of timeout messages in your browser, again and again and again ......

Now that IS irritating !  >:(  >:(

Written By: Jessica on 02/01/08 at 9:18 am

The foot of snow piled outside. :o

*I lied. It's less than that.*

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/01/08 at 2:44 pm

The foot of snow piled outside. :o
Can we have some of your snow please?

Written By: Howard on 02/01/08 at 3:29 pm

I found an irratating thing in the grocery store....people who park their full carts right in the middle of the aise...can't get by either way and when they look up and see you waiting ot you say 'excuse me', they look very irritated.

Happens to me too,customers just have no manners sometimes. ::)

Written By: adagio on 02/01/08 at 3:30 pm

:)

Written By: Howard on 02/01/08 at 4:19 pm

:)

customers give cart collectors dirty looks,for what I have no clue. ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/01/08 at 4:54 pm

Ask them why?

Written By: adagio on 02/01/08 at 6:33 pm

I guess they're just unpleasant, pepetually unhappy people, like the ones I see.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/02/08 at 5:20 am

As long as you DO NOT give one back.

Written By: Howard on 02/02/08 at 5:51 am

As long as you DO NOT give one back.

I try not to or I'm going to hear it from my supervisor.

Written By: Howard on 02/02/08 at 5:52 am

Ask them why?

I just mind my business,that's all.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/02/08 at 5:53 am

I try not to or I'm going to hear it from my supervisor.
You could always go too a rival supermarket and give dirty looks to the cart collectors there?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/02/08 at 5:55 am

You could always go too a rival supermarket and give dirty looks to the cart collectors there?  ;D

Oh that's a good idea,Waldbaums is just right down the block. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/02/08 at 7:23 am

Oh that's a good idea,Waldbaums is just right down the block. ;D
Make sure the staff do not recognise you.

Written By: Howard on 02/02/08 at 3:21 pm

Make sure the staff do not recognise you.

Maybe I should remove the orange/yellow vest.

Written By: adagio on 02/02/08 at 3:25 pm

;D

Written By: Howard on 02/02/08 at 3:52 pm

customers who yell at you because there no carts to be found. :(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/03/08 at 1:42 am

waiting in long lines for anything. that irritates the heck outta me

Written By: snozberries on 02/03/08 at 2:45 am

only being able to breathe thru one nostril is very irritating.

I have the flu for the fourth time since november!  >:(

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/03/08 at 3:56 am

Same here ! Worse still, if you go into one of those large stores for ONE item ..... and find ALL of the so called 'Express lanes' either closed, or knee deep in customers. In that instance, I deposit the item anywhere that suits me (!) and walk straight back out ! (I ain't gonna encourage their poor service / cost cutting (profiteering (?)  / poor management !  >:( ).

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/03/08 at 3:57 am

So the cows have not come home yet?

Written By: adagio on 02/03/08 at 5:48 am

Alarm clocks!!  >:(

Written By: Howard on 02/03/08 at 6:03 am

Peanut Butter Jelly Time banana guy.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/03/08 at 6:03 am

Does he work at Pathmark?

Written By: Howard on 02/03/08 at 6:11 am

Does he work at Pathmark?

If he was a guy dressed up in a banana suit,He'd get beat up bad. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/03/08 at 6:12 am

If he was a guy dressed up in a banana suit,He'd get beat up bad. ;D
A slippery customer?

Written By: Howard on 02/03/08 at 6:13 am

A slippery customer?

never seen that before.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/04/08 at 8:32 am

hahaah..I love him!! :D ;D

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/7259/20060207peanutyx6.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/04/08 at 12:51 pm

hahaah..I love him!! :D ;D

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/7259/20060207peanutyx6.jpg
He is not moving!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/04/08 at 1:16 pm

Not being able to sleep more then little "cat naps" here and there.  I'm so tired, you'd think I'd be able to sleep.  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 02/04/08 at 1:28 pm

The water company turning off the water just before I get in the shower. Then saying it will be back on at 11:00.  Well, it is 12:30 and still no water.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/05/08 at 12:57 am

;D  Ok, an addendum to my above post.  Another irritating thing is when you finally get some sleep, but you remain sleepy even after waking from your sleep. 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 2:47 am

Same here ! Worse still, if you go into one of those large stores for ONE item ..... and find ALL of the so called 'Express lanes' either closed, or knee deep in customers. In that instance, I deposit the item anywhere that suits me (!) and walk straight back out ! (I ain't gonna encourage their poor service / cost cutting (profiteering (?)  / poor management !  >:( ).
some supermarket/grocery stores have installed self serve checkout which is what I use when I can, and I hate when a parent has to let their child try to scan each item like it was a game, and then let them try to slide the debit card & punch in the pin.  you can see everyone in line getting visibly annoyed and the parent making sure to not show any concientiouness or courtesy for the other waiting customers.  >:(

Written By: adagio on 02/05/08 at 6:53 am

People that are joking with you and you don't know it...you know like 'pulling your leg'.

Written By: Howard on 02/05/08 at 6:56 am

He is not moving!

It's not Peanut Butter Jelly Time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 6:59 am

It's not Peanut Butter Jelly Time.
He is a different one?

Written By: Howard on 02/05/08 at 7:51 am

Temporary Unavailable Boards. >:(

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 8:21 am

Temporary Unavailable Boards. >:(

Yes, ..... but better than permanently unavailable !

Written By: Howard on 02/05/08 at 8:24 am

Did it happen before?

Written By: adagio on 02/05/08 at 8:25 am

Like a shallow person. Shallow Hal? ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/05/08 at 8:26 am

Like a shallow person. Shallow Hal? ;D ;D

I saw that film.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 8:27 am

Did it happen before?

Didn't you get banned one time ?  ???  :-\\

You might recall ?  ??? :\'(

Written By: Howard on 02/05/08 at 8:28 am

Didn't you get banned one time ?   ???  :-\\

You might recall ?   ??? :\'(

A couple of years ago.

Written By: adagio on 02/05/08 at 8:29 am

Didn't you get banned one time ?   ???  :-\\

You might recall ?   ??? :\'(

Meant to say at first...you're still here?

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 8:30 am

A couple of years ago.

Not a nice experience.  :(

So .... a few minutes/ maybe half an hour even .... that's relatively live-able !  8)

Written By: adagio on 02/05/08 at 8:32 am

Not a nice experience.  :(

So .... a few minutes/ maybe half an hour even .... that's relatively live-able !  8)

I was saying 'hi' again. 8)

Written By: Howard on 02/05/08 at 8:39 am

Meant to say at first...you're still here?

that incident happened years ago.

Written By: adagio on 02/05/08 at 8:42 am

What does that have to do with my question?

Written By: Howard on 02/05/08 at 8:44 am

Oh my mistake.Please continue. :(

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 8:44 am

I was saying 'hi' again. 8)

We've got our wires crossed, I think ?  ??? ::)  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/05/08 at 8:45 am

We've got our wires crossed, I think ?   ??? ::)  ;D

I thought she was referring to the incident where I was banned with Jiminy and then came back.

Written By: adagio on 02/05/08 at 8:46 am

Alan...still trying to get time zones worked out...why does it say that you posted something around 9:30, but I looked up your time and it was about 6 hours difference?

Written By: adagio on 02/05/08 at 8:48 am

I thought she was referring to the incident where I was banned with Jiminy and then came back.

Just the question I asked you...what went on last night in an innocent (for around here) thread?

Written By: adagio on 02/05/08 at 8:49 am

And Alan, about the time?

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 8:51 am

Alan...still trying to get time zones worked out...why does it say that you posted something around 9:30, but I looked up your time and it was about 6 hours difference?

Your question is too vague for me to answer. Without knowing the specific post in question ...... I could only guess it was a post I made 6 hours ago ?  Or maybe your saying my time versus the boards time ?

Written By: adagio on 02/05/08 at 8:56 am

Your question is too vague for me to answer. Without knowing the specific post in question ...... I could only guess it was a post I made 6 hours ago ?  Or maybe your saying my time versus the boards time ?

Your time vs the board's time...I just noticed a six hour difference. And it wasn't made 6 hours ago, but several posts up.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 8:56 am

Irritating things:

(Ok, maybe I'd better do this BEFORE somebody else does ?  ???).

When 2 or more people ramble off on all sorts of tangents in a thread ...... and it goes WAY off topic !  >:(

(Phew !  :-X Maybe at least  I'm out of the hot-water ?  ???  :-\\  ;D ) .

Written By: adagio on 02/05/08 at 8:59 am

Irritating things:

(Ok, maybe I'd better do this BEFORE somebody else does ?  ???).

When 2 or more people ramble off on all sorts of tangents in a thread ...... and it goes WAY off topic !   >:(

(Phew !   :-X Maybe at least  I'm out of the hot-water ?   ???  :-\\  ;D ) .

hot water for what...what did you do?

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 9:11 am

hot water for what...what did you do?

You see, Pat .... it's like this .....

Whilst I am very liberal in what can and can't be said in a thread ..... OTHER people can get quite upset ...... if the thread gets somewhat hijacked / appears to go too far 'off topic'. The author of the thread can start thinking ..... Hey ! What the hell is going on in my ..... (e.g.) 'Irritating things' thread ?

Hey ! As the author .... I'm as irritated as hell ...... and I ain't gonna take it anymore ! Complaints to moderators ..... oh dear ....  :\'(

Not to mention other would be posters .... wonder what the hell is this thread about when they see you and I firing backwards and forwards .....

So .... the boundaries are sometimes there .... depending on how the topic is titled. Get it ?  ???

Hey , you get into a thread  I started .... it's generally a free for all !  ;D

Written By: adagio on 02/05/08 at 9:14 am

You see, Pat .... it's like this .....

Whilst I am very liberal in what can and can't be said in a thread ..... OTHER people can get quite upset ...... if the thread gets somewhat hijacked / appears to go too far 'off topic'. The author of the thread can start thinking ..... Hey ! What the hell is going on in my ..... (e.g.) 'Irritating things' thread ?

Hey ! As the author .... I'm as irritated as hell ...... and I ain't gonna take it anymore ! Complaints to moderators ..... oh dear ....   :\'(

Not to mention other would be posters .... wonder what the hell is this thread about when they see you and I firing backwards and forwards .....

So .... the boundaries are sometimes there .... depending on how the topic is titled. Get it ?   ???

Hey , you get into a thread  I started .... it's generally a free for all !   ;D

Dear...I'm still not clear on what happened, like what you did. ??? ??? ??? ???  What did you or I say that was off-topic?

Written By: Tia on 02/05/08 at 9:43 am

for the record, i'm usually completely indifferent to people hijacking my threads. hijack away.

Written By: wsmith4 on 02/05/08 at 3:49 pm

when public people speak public things for publicity

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/05/08 at 4:22 pm

for the record, i'm usually completely indifferent to people hijacking my threads. hijack away.

^

Deserves (and gets) karma from a kindred spirit (in this regard) for their welcoming comment!

Written By: Step-chan on 02/05/08 at 9:56 pm

Computers not allowing you to stop your flashdrive, preventing you from safely removing them.

Written By: adagio on 02/05/08 at 10:19 pm

sig. lines that come and go.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/06/08 at 5:27 am

sig. lines that come and go.

Try out a new one?

Written By: Howard on 02/06/08 at 6:58 am

loud screams.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/08 at 3:32 pm

Loud music from the neighbours.

Written By: Howard on 02/09/08 at 7:18 am

Loud music from the neighbours.

loud neighbors and music. :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/08 at 7:28 am

loud neighbors and music. :o
It was the Spice Girls this morning, I could clearly hear "Who Do You Think You Are?" and "Goodbye".

Written By: Howard on 02/09/08 at 7:32 am

It was the Spice Girls this morning, I could clearly hear "Who Do You Think You Are?" and "Goodbye".

at what time?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/08 at 7:58 am

at what time?
This morning between 10 and 11.

Written By: star80 on 02/09/08 at 1:22 pm

when you are trying to tell someone something and they keep cutting you off

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/08 at 3:40 pm

at what time?
I can still hear some thumping beat of music right now.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/09/08 at 7:28 pm

I can still hear some thumping beat of music right now.

Challenge them by getting down to Enya!

Written By: adagio on 02/09/08 at 7:35 pm

or Sheryl Crow'a "There Goes the Neighborhood... ;D  I have both.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/08 at 5:35 am

Challenge them by getting down to Enya!
I always wish to play the 1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky

Written By: adagio on 02/10/08 at 5:57 am

or just plain old loud Beethoven.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/08 at 6:24 am

or just plain old loud Beethoven.
Beethoven is play for pleasure not annoyance.

Written By: adagio on 02/10/08 at 7:25 am

I know...pleasure for you, not annoyance to you.

Written By: adagio on 02/10/08 at 7:31 am

Philip, I just noticed...the little numbers at the left showing karame...mine dosn't say 'more karamel'.  Why is that?

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/10/08 at 7:46 am

Philip, I just noticed...the little numbers at the left showing karame...mine dosn't say 'more karamel'.  Why is that?

If I may ....

Well, neither does mine ... since you can't 'Karamel ' yourself ... although you can 'pleasure yourself' ..

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/08 at 8:01 am

I think Al has answered it.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/10/08 at 9:34 am

Wait, what??  What do you do that you are in a locked room for 10 hours not allowed to leave?  That is illegal in all 50 states.

Written By: adagio on 02/10/08 at 11:53 am

If I may ....

Well, neither does mine ... since you can't 'Karamel ' yourself ... although you can 'pleasure yourself' ..

Thank you, I think :o  You better keep that sig...it says more about you than you think!!  Oh, now I see which one you wanted to get rid of...

Written By: adagio on 02/10/08 at 11:59 am

I think Al has answered it.

Philip...the choir director lent me a book today called "Music, The Brain. and Ecstacy" by Robert  Jourdain.  Have you heard of it?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/08 at 1:12 pm

Philip...the choir director lent me a book today called "Music, The Brain. and Ecstacy" by Robert  Jourdain.  Have you heard of it?
I cannot say that I have.

I will do the usual to learn about it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/08 at 1:17 pm

The may be available over here.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/08 at 1:29 pm

I always wish to play the 1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky

Carlos did that one time. He was in student housing at Rutgers and some students had a loud party going into the wee hours of the night. So, at about 7:30 a.m. he faced the speakers to the stereo out the window and cranked the 1812 Overture.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/diablotin.gif

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/08 at 1:37 pm

Carlos did that one time. He was in student housing at Rutgers and some students had a loud party going into the wee hours of the night. So, at about 7:30 a.m. he faced the speakers to the stereo out the window and cranked the 1812 Overture.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/diablotin.gif

Cat
Playing the 1812 shows more culture.

Written By: adagio on 02/10/08 at 2:40 pm

More culture than Beethoven, huh? Depends on who you ask.

Written By: Howard on 02/11/08 at 7:17 am

when you are trying to tell someone something and they keep cutting you off

I know that feeling.

Written By: star80 on 02/11/08 at 10:00 am

When a medical facility tells you that your insurance is accepted there and then you get an outrageous bill stating your insurance won't pay...........Dang

Written By: adagio on 02/11/08 at 12:41 pm

oh yea... >:(

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/11/08 at 1:36 pm

When the boards go slow for no reason at all.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/11/08 at 2:20 pm

When you get to work and find the area you are supposed to work in is covered in feces.

I wish I were making that up, but this morning I went to work at a site only to find the plumbers cut into a 4" drain line that wasn't draining properly - there was excrement in varying staging of decomposition covering the entire bathroom - walls, urinals, floor. Even if there wasn't crap everywhere, they are working in the exact space in need to be to do my job. Oh well... a three day weekend isn't a bad thing after all.

Ant

Written By: adagio on 02/11/08 at 2:27 pm

Awww... ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 02/11/08 at 2:33 pm

When you get to work and find the area you are supposed to work in is covered in feces.

I wish I were making that up, but this morning I went to work at a site only to find the plumbers cut into a 4" drain line that wasn't draining properly - there was excrement in varying staging of decomposition covering the entire bathroom - walls, urinals, floor. Even if there wasn't crap everywhere, they are working in the exact space in need to be to do my job. Oh well... a three day weekend isn't a bad thing after all.

Ant

:o The horror.  Well, not the three day weekend part. ;)

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/11/08 at 5:44 pm

Ant

I'm feeling ill, just visualizing it !  8-P 8-P 8-P

Written By: adagio on 02/11/08 at 7:12 pm

I'm feeling ill, just visualizing it !   8-P 8-P 8-P

I'm feeling ill, just visualizing that little guy on your sig.  ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/12/08 at 7:01 am

When the boards go slow for no reason at all.

It didn't do that on my side.

Check for new replies or respond here...