inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: So we got Neal some FatHeads Posters for his room

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/30/08 at 6:37 pm

Mostly Pixar's Cars ones, but to start with I put a giant Nascar one on the wall (twice as big as the Disney ones).  I figure one is enough to start with (we ordered 3 sets to fill out the entire room)

No idea who Kyle Busch even is, but I assume he's no longer racing this particular car, so it was in clearance for next to nothing, and we figured it would go with the other Cars....

He loves it naturally...

Subject: Re: So we got Neal some FatHeads Posters for his room

Written By: loki 13 on 01/30/08 at 6:47 pm

I always did like the Kellogg's car, it looks great on the wall. Your assumption was right, Kyle Busch no
longer drives the 5 car, he was let go by Rick Hendrick last year in favor of Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Written By: Jessica on 01/30/08 at 6:57 pm

Mostly Pixar's Cars ones, but to start with I put a giant Nascar one on the wall (twice as big as the Disney ones).  I figure one is enough to start with (we ordered 3 sets to fill out the entire room)

No idea who Kyle Busch even is, but I assume he's no longer racing this particular car, so it was in clearance for next to nothing, and we figured it would go with the other Cars....

He loves it naturally...

Yours too, huh? Jason is all into cars, and not just the movie. He loves monster trucks as well, and big rigs, and trains, and so on....

How old is Neal now?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/30/08 at 7:47 pm

Yours too, huh? Jason is all into cars, and not just the movie. He loves monster trucks as well, and big rigs, and trains, and so on....

How old is Neal now?

He's exactly 2.5 years old now.  He's not saying much, but car is one of the words he likes to say often, so he really got excited about saying it tonight.

I always did like the Kellogg's car, it looks great on the wall. Your assumption was right, Kyle Busch no
longer drives the 5 car, he was let go by Rick Hendrick last year in favor of Dale Earnhardt Jr.

funny, because I also got a discounted Dale Earnhardt Jr. number 8 logo for my brother whose a big fan.  I doubt he'll mind having a large reminder of his old number to go with all the die cast cars

Written By: Jessica on 01/30/08 at 7:51 pm

He's exactly 2.5 years old now.  He's not saying much, but car is one of the words he likes to say often, so he really got excited about saying it tonight.

That's right. Jason is a wee bit older than him. He'll be 3 next Tuesday. Jason still doesn't talk a lot either, or at least to where other people can understand him. You potty training him yet?

I love the bedding Neal has. That's pretty cool. :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/30/08 at 10:30 pm

That's right. Jason is a wee bit older than him. He'll be 3 next Tuesday. Jason still doesn't talk a lot either, or at least to where other people can understand him. You potty training him yet?

I love the bedding Neal has. That's pretty cool. :)

When we showed Neal the car tonight, he pointed to the number 5 which was an extra that came on the sheet, and kind of said it... Susan was shocked, but I know I've heard him count up from one a few times... at least to 5.  He can say about 50 words or so, just not distinctly.  We're taking him in for a hearing test just to be safe

we got him Elmo's Potty Time on DVD to watch (over and over again).  At first he wouldn't even sitting on the potty. Now he's a least considering it, especially if we give him a book to read.

Written By: Jessica on 01/30/08 at 10:47 pm

When we showed Neal the car tonight, he pointed to the number 5 which was an extra that came on the sheet, and kind of said it... Susan was shocked, but I know I've heard him count up from one a few times... at least to 5.  He can say about 50 words or so, just not distinctly.  We're taking him in for a hearing test just to be safe

we got him Elmo's Potty Time on DVD to watch (over and over again).  At first he wouldn't even sitting on the potty. Now he's a least considering it, especially if we give him a book to read.

While I wouldn't worry too much yet, it never hurts to get his ears looked at. Jason doesn't speak very clearly either, but enough that I can understand him. I also think that toddlers in general get frustrated because they can't convey their feelings, so they spout out gibberish words.

Potty training is the hell. Jason will go....er....#1. It's the OTHER thing that he won't do. He refuses and it is so damned infuriating. BUT! I try not to get mad because I know that will only make him more stubborn.

Kids. :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/31/08 at 12:03 am

He loves it naturally...
that's great. Once you have them all up, his room is gonna be cool  8)  when Julie was little, she had a canopy bed and her walls were covered with Disney posters and it looked cool. the things we do for our children  :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/31/08 at 10:23 am

While I wouldn't worry too much yet, it never hurts to get his ears looked at. Jason doesn't speak very clearly either, but enough that I can understand him. I also think that toddlers in general get frustrated because they can't convey their feelings, so they spout out gibberish words.

Potty training is the hell. Jason will go....er....#1. It's the OTHER thing that he won't do. He refuses and it is so damned infuriating. BUT! I try not to get mad because I know that will only make him more stubborn.

Kids. :D

I'm glad the wife gets the bulk of the potty training because I'm at work... I get the bulk of "it's 2 AM and he's crying, go comfort him"

that's great. Once you have them all up, his room is gonna be cool  8)  when Julie was little, she had a canopy bed and her walls were covered with Disney posters and it looked cool. the things we do for our children  :)

there seems to be so much more emphasis on it now too.  when I was a kid, hardly any of my friends (including myself) had much of anything on their walls until they were at least 8 or 9.  I've actually been hearing people mention how empty his room looked because we had nothing on the wall next to the crib (now bed).  Glad we waited though, because now we got something we knew he'd like (plus it extends down the wall a lot further than his crib would have allowed before).

Written By: Jessica on 01/31/08 at 10:42 am

there seems to be so much more emphasis on it now too.  when I was a kid, hardly any of my friends (including myself) had much of anything on their walls until they were at least 8 or 9.  I've actually been hearing people mention how empty his room looked because we had nothing on the wall next to the crib (now bed).  Glad we waited though, because now we got something we knew he'd like (plus it extends down the wall a lot further than his crib would have allowed before).

I think I had two Raggedy Ann and Andy pictures on my wall when I was little. Jason has all kinds of crap on his walls now, including a SpongeBob stoplight (his room is done in SpongeBob). I'm thinking that once we get money though, I'm going to redo his room. He has a SpongeBob toddler bed, but he's almost outgrown that.

Time for IKEA. :D

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/31/08 at 11:13 am

I think I had two Raggedy Ann and Andy pictures on my wall when I was little. Jason has all kinds of crap on his walls now, including a SpongeBob stoplight (his room is done in SpongeBob). I'm thinking that once we get money though, I'm going to redo his room. He has a SpongeBob toddler bed, but he's almost outgrown that.

Time for IKEA. :D

We skipped the toddler bed and went straight for a twin bed.  of course we were able to keep him in the crib until he was almost two and a half, so that helps.  The twin bed also has two heights, so right now it's close to the floor with a railing on it.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/31/08 at 11:33 am

What about BumbleBee from Transformers?  He is the hot car of the year

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/bmz_cache/1/1dd5b6f3fb632579d9d419d623341c00.image.412x550.jpg

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/31/08 at 11:35 am

What about BumbleBee from Transformers?  He is the hot car of the year

I have yet to see it... and I figure it's a bit mature for him... he's big into straight animation.  I'm sure he'll love it when he gets bigger though.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/01/08 at 10:26 am

I have yet to see it... and I figure it's a bit mature for him... he's big into straight animation.  I'm sure he'll love it when he gets bigger though.

Usually the type of movie I avoid, avoiding this would have been a mistake, I found it a lot of fun

Check for new replies or respond here...