inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Flirt

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/31/08 at 1:56 pm

I admit i'm a major flirt! With men,women,children,pets…you name it ;)
I do it without thinking and find it completely harmless and fun,but i had a few boyfriends who would call it cheating and would get all pissy at me.

What is your take on it? To flirt or not to flirt?

Subject: Re: Flirt

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/31/08 at 2:15 pm

I flirt mainly to make other people feel better and because it's fun and interactive.  Who wouldn't want an ubernerd telling them how OMFGHAWT they are?  :D :D :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/31/08 at 2:17 pm

is there no "other" option   ::)   like  me so horny   ;D 

I will provide more of my true feelings and answers to your thread later Isabel

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/31/08 at 5:29 pm

I flirt mainly to make other people feel better and because it's fun and interactive.  Who wouldn't want an ubernerd telling them how OMFGHAWT they are?  :D :D :D

Nerds are OMFGHAWT!
You and Jess seem to be all zen about it,me likes :)

is there no "other" option   ::)   like  me so horny   ;D 

I will provide more of my true feelings and answers to your thread later Isabel

Just for you my horny friend,i change the rules ;)

Written By: loki 13 on 01/31/08 at 7:08 pm

I had to say " I just don't." I don't want to say I'm too shy to flirt, I just don't interact with people
that well. I think I'm too much of an introvert too flirt.

Written By: Green Lantern on 01/31/08 at 7:12 pm

Just for the record ..... I would like to truthfully state that I have not once flirted with any female members on this board. Not once .....

I'm sure I can rely on a few here ...  for glowing testimonials to back me up in that regard ?    ???    :-\\

Written By: Midas on 01/31/08 at 7:44 pm

I do because it's fun and usually sparks interesting conversation.  I think it's harmless...I haven't hurt anybody :D

Written By: whistledog on 01/31/08 at 10:12 pm

I don't flirt because I am a) shy and b) I don't interact with people too much.  Plus, I would only flirt if I knew it would lead to something long lasting

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/31/08 at 10:13 pm

^ You should flirt.  Chicks might dig it.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/31/08 at 10:23 pm

I like how it makes me feel...and I like how it makes the other person feel...so therefore, I do it..and do it well. haahaa! ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 01/31/08 at 10:26 pm

Just cause it is fun.

Written By: Green Lantern on 01/31/08 at 10:42 pm

I like how it makes me feel...and I like how it makes the other person feel...so therefore, I do it..and do it well. haahaa! ;D

Hey honey, wanna feel good about yourself ? Wanna make an old codger's day ?  Well, just keep 'feel-ing' away .... but make it in this general direction !  :P  :-* ;D

Oh dear ! Just realised ..... my 'squeaky clean' reputation .....  :-X

Just for the record ..... I would like to truthfully state that I have not once flirted with any female members on this board. Not once .....

I'm sure I can rely on a few here ...  for glowing testimonials to back me up in that regard ?    ???    :-\\

I think it might be 'slightly' tarnished ?  :( :\'(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/31/08 at 10:43 pm

Hey honey, wanna feel good about yourself ? Wanna make an old codger's day ?  Well, just keep 'feel-ing' away .... but make it in this general direction !  :P   :-* ;D

Whoa....down boy! ;D

Written By: karen on 01/31/08 at 10:43 pm

Because it is so much fun!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/01/08 at 2:51 am

I have always enjoyed flirting and especially like seeing how women respond to it. of course my loyalty will always be to Lady Di who gets the best of my love  ;)  and casual flirting, with no serious intentions at work is fun and playful, a good place to hone one's flirting skills.  8) 

Written By: Howard on 02/01/08 at 6:36 am

I don't flirt.

Written By: KKay on 02/01/08 at 9:46 am

yeah it's fun.  sooo fun.

and it just doesn't make someone else feel better, but yourself too...if two people feel great, then what's the problem?

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/02/08 at 1:06 am

Flirting is a two-edged sword, and I learned early on that I wasn't good at it.  I neither flirt, nor do I respond to it even on the rare occasions when I recognize it.  Like WOPR in War Games, I figured out that it was a strange game, and that the only winning move was not to play.

But that didn't stop me from getting a huge laugh out of XKCD's take on it:

Journal, Part 1
Journal, Part 2

One of the quirkiest web comics of all time.  (You don't have to be a geek to enjoy XKCD... actually, you do have to be a geek to get about a third of the jokes, but the other 2/3 of the strips are brilliantly universal in both humor and their ability to dig to the heart of the human condition... XKCD is where you can go to laugh with yourself, not at yourself.)

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/03/08 at 10:59 am

Flirting is a two-edged sword, and I learned early on that I wasn't good at it.  I neither flirt, nor do I respond to it even on the rare occasions when I recognize it.  Like WOPR in War Games, I figured out that it was a strange game, and that the only winning move was not to play.

You know? Some people mix up flirting with teasing,imo they are totally different. There were times when my flirting was misunderstood for something else but that hasn't changed the way i see it.
I think flirting is more about playing with words and have a laugh,it doesn't have to be about sex at all. For me is more about making someone smile...a friend,a co-worker,a client,a kid. Life is so hard as it is,if we can't have a little fun interacting with the ones around us then we might as well not leave the house.
And yes it is a little like a game with i guess hidden rules,but when the two parts are on the same page it's all cool.

Written By: KKay on 02/04/08 at 9:55 am

You know? Some people mix up flirting with teasing,imo they are totally different.

they are and i'm so glad you said that. lots of flirting goes on and begins with both people fully aware that nothing is going to come of it.

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/04/08 at 12:05 pm

they are and i'm so glad you said that. lots of flirting goes on and begins with both people fully aware that nothing is going to come of it.

I know you would get it ;)

Written By: Bobby on 02/24/08 at 5:16 pm

If I do flirt it is usually to make someone else feel better. What is funny is women love it when I flirt with them because it's all done in a rather silly way which adds to the charm, lol.

Written By: Step-chan on 02/25/08 at 1:43 pm

I'm not a flirt, way too shy.

Written By: Bobby on 02/25/08 at 4:38 pm

Awwwww, give it a little go. You will be surprised at the results . . .  :)

. . . I sound like a washing-powder advert.

Written By: Paul on 02/25/08 at 4:42 pm

I don't...'fraid I'm hopeless at it!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/25/08 at 8:08 pm

sometimes the little subtle things are fun to do, like flash a smile and get one back, eye contact, but as stated in previous posts, more like a playful game with no expectation or no taking it beyond flirting.

Written By: Tia on 02/25/08 at 8:18 pm

"Web

Your search - "will flirt for pussy" - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

* Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
    * Try different keywords.
    * Try more general keywords."

well that's odd.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/25/08 at 8:26 pm

"Web

Suggestions:

well that's odd.
;D  take off the "Safe Search" filter

Written By: Step-chan on 02/25/08 at 10:07 pm

Awwwww, give it a little go. You will be surprised at the results . . .  :)

. . . I sound like a washing-powder advert.

I honestly couldn't at this point.

Written By: Tam on 02/26/08 at 11:31 am

I said to make someone else feel better and other.

Other because most times I am not aware that I am doing it. I am a compulsive flirt!
I interact with a lot of people, and if I like you, male, female, whichever, I have a tendency to just flirt.
Hubby is a compulsive flirt too.
That could be why we get along so well too. He likes it when for no reason I am flirting with him, he says it makes him feel like he is the end-all that meets-all!
And I like it when he flirts with me because then I feel like I am 'All That'
As long as flirting isn't taken for teasing as said above, then I am good with it.

Teasing itself, is saved for my husband alone! ;)

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/26/08 at 11:42 am

If I do flirt it is usually to make someone else feel better. What is funny is women love it when I flirt with them because it's all done in a rather silly way which adds to the charm, lol.

Silly is charming...sometimes.

Shy people flirt with the eyes. Give it a go ;)

I don't...'fraid I'm hopeless at it!

Liar liar walks on fire  :P

sometimes the little subtle things are fun to do, like flash a smile and get one back, eye contact, but as stated in previous posts, more like a playful game with no expectation or no taking it beyond flirting.

I have a question for you. Do you still flirt with Di? Is it better now 'cause you know her so well?

"Web

Suggestions:

well that's odd.

Oh no you didn't!!!

Other because most times I am not aware that I am doing it. I am a compulsive flirt!
I interact with a lot of people, and if I like you, male, female, whichever, I have a tendency to just flirt.
That could be why we get along so well too. He likes it when for no reason I am flirting with him, he says it makes him feel like he is the end-all that meets-all!
As long as flirting isn't taken for teasing as said above, then I am good with it.

I'm 100% with you. Teasing is only for my love...flirt is who i am.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/26/08 at 11:53 am

I have a question for you. Do you still flirt with Di? Is it better now 'cause you know her so well?

yeah, of course....when I want something  ;D 

Written By: Howard on 02/26/08 at 2:43 pm

"Web

Suggestions:

well that's odd.

Why'd you type that? ::)

Written By: wsmith4 on 02/26/08 at 2:52 pm

I like it when Howard flirts with me

Written By: Howard on 02/26/08 at 2:57 pm

I like it when Howard flirts with me

I do not. ::)

Written By: Paul on 02/26/08 at 3:52 pm

Liar liar walks on fire  :P

If you say so!

Written By: Step-chan on 02/26/08 at 5:34 pm

Shy people flirt with the eyes. Give it a go ;)

I don't know how that would work.(Considering that I'm often in my own world when I bored)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/28/08 at 2:10 am

Shyness (especially around the opposite sex) can be an absolute b*tch to overcome...I know, I spent the majority of my life there myself. But it can be overcome, if you're not afraid to think outside the box and are willing to try new things.

I used to be absolutely petrified around women, I'd get very self-conscious in their presence and would be afraid to show even the slightest amount of interest towards them for fear of "creeping them out" or "offending them" or something.

Due to several circumstances, some being rather accidental and others stemming from a deliberate effort on my part, I've gotten past all that, to the point where I'm completely at ease around women and not afraid to be my true goofy self around them. One of the things I discovered is that once you get comfortable with it, flirting with women is an absolute gas, it's one of the most fun things in life.

PM me sometime if you like, I'd be more than happy to share my experiences with you.  :)

Written By: Howard on 02/28/08 at 6:59 am

I never flirt with the customers,I'd get in real trouble. ;D

Written By: Tia on 02/28/08 at 7:26 am

Shyness (especially around the opposite sex) can be an absolute b*tch to overcome...I know, I spent the majority of my life there myself. But it can be overcome, if you're not afraid to think outside the box and are willing to try new things.

I used to be absolutely petrified around women, I'd get very self-conscious in their presence and would be afraid to show even the slightest amount of interest towards them for fear of "creeping them out" or "offending them" or something.

Due to several circumstances, some being rather accidental and others stemming from a deliberate effort on my part, I've gotten past all that, to the point where I'm completely at ease around women and not afraid to be my true goofy self around them. One of the things I discovered is that once you get comfortable with it, flirting with women is an absolute gas, it's one of the most fun things in life.

PM me sometime if you like, I'd be more than happy to share my experiences with you.  :)
i used to be shy, and sorta one day i just kinda stopped. i still get stiff (er, in the sense of awkward) sometimes, but that part of my brain that used to totally vapor-lock when i was talking to a purty girl just went away. probably all the booze.

i'm just not sure there's a way to "fix" shyness. whenever i tried it just seemed insurmountable. that said, there are lots of people you aren't going to feel comfortable around just because they aren't compatible with you personality-wise, and that's true of romance, friendship, conversation, even work partnerships and roommates. keeping that in mind, and considering the possibility that sometimes you might be tongue-tied because you really don't have anything to say to a particular woman even though she may have great tits, may be worthwhile in some instances.

Written By: Step-chan on 02/28/08 at 1:17 pm

I'm not what we would call "petrified" around women, since I can talk to them on a normal level. I just feel that I'm not the flirting type, not only due to shyness, but also due to my general taciturn, spacey nature.

The funny thing is, I can be extremely confident if it's a group with which I have a good deal in common with. Unfortunately, I live in a neighborhood loaded with bigoted, prejudice attitudes.

I'll PM ya later on.

Written By: Bobby on 02/28/08 at 1:18 pm

I'm not what we would call "petrified" around women, since I can talk to them on a normal level. I just feel that I'm not the flirting type, not only due to shyness, but also due to my general taciturn, spacey nature.

The funny thing is, I can be extremely confident if it's a group with which I have a good deal in common with. Unfortunately, I live in a neighborhood loaded with bigoted, prejudice attitudes.

I'll PM ya later on.

Step Chan has a sexy bottom . . . I'm flirting with you lad, I'm flirting!!!  :D

Give me the eyes! Give me the eyes!  ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 02/28/08 at 1:23 pm

Step Chan has a sexy bottom . . . I'm flirting with you lad, I'm flirting!!!  :D

Give me the eyes! Give me the eyes!  ;D

What eyes?  ???

Written By: Bobby on 02/28/08 at 1:25 pm

What eyes?  ???

thereshegoes was encouraging you to flirt with your eyes.  :)

Written By: Step-chan on 02/28/08 at 1:31 pm

thereshegoes was encouraging you to flirt with your eyes.  :)

Oh.

Well, don't have a pic, so can't do that.  :D

Written By: Bobby on 02/28/08 at 1:39 pm

Oh.

It's never too late to take one . . . *hint hint*, lol.

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/28/08 at 3:18 pm

Oh.

The eye flirting could work for you 'cause of the catgirls,they have freakish big ones so i thought you were into eyes.

It's never too late to take one . . . *hint hint*, lol.

The day Step posts a photo the board will crash 'cause we're all are dying to see it :D

Written By: Step-chan on 02/28/08 at 3:59 pm

The eye flirting could work for you 'cause of the catgirls,they have freakish big ones so i thought you were into eyes.

The day Step posts a photo the board will crash 'cause we're all are dying to see it :D

Anime characters in general have big eyes, not just the catgirls. So that still wouldn't have anything to do with eye flirting.(which wouldn't work for me anyway. Too shy, spacey and taciturn... It would look more like I'm trying to read minds than flirt, which can be very creepy when you think about it)

Well, I've touched on this more than once, to which one of the last times on my little survey, no one replied. I have two problems, the minor one being picky about the pictures and the bigger one being a computer with non accessing CD drives. Damn spyware.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/28/08 at 6:00 pm

is standing right behind a female, like right up on them making body contact constitute flirting or would that be considered sexual harrassment  :-\\

Written By: Tia on 02/28/08 at 6:04 pm

is standing right behind a female, like right up on them making body contact constitute flirting or would that be considered sexual harrassment  :-\\
depends whether you're wearing pants.

Written By: Bobby on 02/28/08 at 6:32 pm

Hmmmmm, my evil genius mind is thinking of ways for Mr Chan to show us his face . . .

Written By: Bobby on 02/28/08 at 6:40 pm

Interesting post there, Mike.

The way I understand it is it's flirting if the woman likes it and it's harrassment if she doesn't.

It depends on how familiar you are with the woman, that is why men ought to go through a series of testing steps before they do something like that such as casual touching while in conversation and see how well recieved it is.

At work for example we have a strict sexual harrassment policy which balls down to 'any action repeated after being known it's unwanted'. I am happy with doing direct body contact like hugging and playing and all that stuff but actually just putting my body close to a woman isn't something I personally do because it could easily come across as intimidating.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/28/08 at 6:59 pm

I do seem to recall inviting a certain female member of this board .... in an extended 'flashchat' .... to get anything  and everything 'off their chest !'  :o

For the life of me ... can't recall who it was .... and if I was flirting ?  :(

Think I MUST be a 'very naughty boy' !

:-[

;D

:D

Written By: Step-chan on 02/28/08 at 11:33 pm

Hmmmmm, my evil genius mind is thinking of ways for Mr Chan to show us his face . . .

Step-chan looks at his own response

Do you know how to fix computer CD drives so that they access?

Edit: Here's a plan you could do.... I don't have the current finances for it.

1. Go to Indianapolis
2. Find Step-chan
3. Fix his CD drives
4. Help take various pictures of Step-chan
5. With luck there will be one he is satisfied with
6. ??
7. Profit
8. Finally, Step-chan's pic is posted

:D :D :D :D :D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/29/08 at 1:25 am

1. Go to Indianapolis
2. Find Step-chan
3. Fix his CD drives

6. ??
7. Profit

Buy me a ticket to this year's Indianapolis 500 and I'm there.  ;D

Also, here's my favorite example as to how to flirt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXMF11zr1rk

Not saying you should copy this dude, but if you can learn to understand his attitude and kind of add it to your own personality you're halfway there.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 02/29/08 at 7:11 am

Buy me a ticket to this year's Indianapolis 500 and I'm there.   ;D

Not saying you should copy this dude, but if you can learn to understand his attitude and kind of add it to your own personality you're halfway there.  ;)

I wouldn't do it Austin Powers way. ::)

Written By: Tia on 02/29/08 at 8:18 am

1. Go to Indianapolis
2. Find Step-chan
3. Fix his CD drives
6. ??
7. Profit

whoa, number six is hot. is that the one where step-chan dressed up like a catboy and the person assigned to procure the step-chan picture exhorts him to "show us your tiger! mrrrrrow!"

Written By: Step-chan on 02/29/08 at 1:07 pm

Buy me a ticket to this year's Indianapolis 500 and I'm there.   ;D

Don't make enough for Indy 500.

About to watch that.

Edit: Austin Powers, remember that scene. :D

Written By: Step-chan on 02/29/08 at 1:12 pm

whoa, number six is hot. is that the one where step-chan dressed up like a catboy and the person assigned to procure the step-chan picture exhorts him to "show us your tiger! mrrrrrow!"

Number six should be familiar to anyone of watched that one South Park episode with the underpants stealing gnomes(or whatever they are).

3. ?
4. Profit

^
I forgot what they put down as the first two things(except that one is about stealing underpants).

Funny is, I don't have any cosplay stuff, although I've wanted to try out cosplay.

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/29/08 at 2:16 pm

Flirting just like tango takes two. If you're both on the same vibe,harassment has no role in the equation.

Now if a complete stranger comes up behind me without warning and starts rubbing himself on my ass that's not sexual harassment that's asking to have his ass kicked!

Written By: Bobby on 02/29/08 at 4:35 pm

Flirting just like tango takes two. If you're both on the same vibe,harassment has no role in the equation.

Now if a complete stranger comes up behind me without warning and starts rubbing himself on my ass that's not sexual harassment that's asking to have his ass kicked!

That's right. For some reason, men think flirting is something that has to happen instantaneously but comfort levels have to be reached beforehand so each doesn't overstep their boundaries.

Written By: Tia on 02/29/08 at 5:50 pm

That's right. For some reason, men think flirting is something that has to happen instantaneously but comfort levels have to be reached beforehand so each doesn't overstep their boundaries.
THAT'S what i'm doing wrong!

good, something to keep in mind next time i mosey on out to the playground.

Written By: jackas on 02/29/08 at 8:14 pm

THAT'S what i'm doing wrong!

good, something to keep in mind next time i mosey on out to the playground.

No, those geese were asking for it!  Teases!! >:(

Written By: Tia on 02/29/08 at 8:45 pm

No, those geese were asking for it!  Teases!! >:(
;D

did i say playground? i meant petting zoo.  :P

geese, shaking it around like it aint no thang. what do they expect? >:(

Written By: Davester on 02/29/08 at 9:13 pm

and...DONE..!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/01/08 at 3:16 am

;D yeah right...              OK, so I'm standing in line behind this chick, and got my pelvis thrust up against her ass, I mean c'mon, yanno  how boring it can be waiting in line at the bank, so I'm nudged right up there and she turns around and says, would you mind getting in line in front of me. so I'm thinking either this girl is not very receptive to my flirting signals or this chick is totally into me, right?  Suddenly I feel 2 firm breasts press up & rub against my back and now I'm thinking; hey, what's up with this chick, I'm not a piece of meat.  :-\\  I mean, heck, I was just flirting, not up for all this  :o

please be aware this is just me goofing and that this was just a joke.  go ahead and laugh

Written By: Howard on 03/01/08 at 7:04 am

;D yeah right...              OK, so I'm standing in line behind this chick, and got my pelvis thrust up against her ass, I mean c'mon, yanno  how boring it can be waiting in line at the bank, so I'm nudged right up there and she turns around and says, would you mind getting in line in front of me. so I'm thinking either this girl is not very receptive to my flirting signals or this chick is totally into me, right?  Suddenly I feel 2 firm breasts press up & rub against my back and now I'm thinking; hey, what's up with this chick, I'm not a piece of meat.  :-\\  I mean, heck, I was just flirting, not up for all this   :o

please be aware this is just me goofing and that this was just a joke.  go ahead and laugh

You must have a way with women,Mike.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/01/08 at 4:45 pm

You must have a way with women,Mike.
I just like to play and tease and flirt with women, but Lady Di is my love.    and did you read that this whole scenario I described was a joke  ???

Written By: Green Lantern on 03/01/08 at 5:14 pm

I just like to play and tease and flirt with women, but Lady Di is my love.    and did you read that this whole scenario I described was a joke  ???

Does Howard read ANYTHING ?  ???  Does a bear .....  :P  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/01/08 at 6:17 pm

I guess I didn't take it as a joke. :(

Check for new replies or respond here...