inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Say Something *Nice*

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/01/08 at 2:24 am

here's where you can say something nice, positive & encouraging about any inthe00s member you want. This is similar to the "Thoughts about Inthe00s members" thread except here you go ahead and name the member you are talking about. Feel free to name 1, 2, 3 or as many as you like but there is one rule you must abide by and that's the old saying "If You Can't Say Something Nice, Don't Say Anything At All"

I'll give it a go...

Loki13 - The word stability comes to mind. You care about others a lot, especially caring to not offend people if at all possible, even in disagreement. stability also because you've been eating the same sandwich everyday for 20+ years  ;D

snozberries - You're one of the most energetic and bubbly personalities around here Tamarra, although it could be the Mountain Dew. I do enjoy your company  :)

thereshegoes - You've got a great attitude, kinda peppy, almost like a cheerleader, your playful and generous spirit has picked me up many times.

Philip Eno - I think we're quite a bit alike. I can always count on you to be here & to not be negative. we've had so many cups of tea here.  I think I can say that I enjoy your company the most.

Subject: Re: Say Something *Nice*

Written By: Jessica on 02/01/08 at 9:19 am

I have noticed that this was on the third page and no one has said anything. What does that say about us? ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/01/08 at 10:40 am

I want to say something about our "fearless leader" who without him, there would be many, many productive people in this world.  :D ;D ;D  Chucky-YOU ROCK!!!!!

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/01/08 at 2:17 pm

I have noticed that this was on the third page and no one has said anything. What does that say about us? ;D
so what if we start a say something bad about someone thread  ::)

Written By: adagio on 02/01/08 at 3:04 pm

You don't have to.  I, for one, feel bad enough with these 'nice' threads. :(

Written By: Howard on 02/01/08 at 3:07 pm

Phil is a great guy to talk to in the morning. :)

Written By: adagio on 02/01/08 at 3:10 pm

I don't know a Phil, except in parodies. :(

Written By: Howard on 02/01/08 at 3:12 pm

How nice?  ???

Written By: KKay on 02/01/08 at 3:14 pm

Phil is a great guy to talk to in the morning. :)

I agree.  There is a nice group here in the morning!

Written By: adagio on 02/01/08 at 3:16 pm

How nice?  ???

???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/01/08 at 4:02 pm

I will say something nice about adagio. You haven't been here long but you seem to fit in with this insane asylum so nicely.  :D ;D ;D ;D  BTW, I hope you cheer up soon.

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/01/08 at 4:06 pm

CatwomanofV and Tam;  the Tammy Wynettes of the board. You both are wonderful, loyal dedicated wives who "Stand By Your Man" & deserve medals for it.

Adagio;  very friendly and eager to get to know people and interact.  It's nice having you around

Gis; you're thoughtful in that you helped me realize that the father/daughter relationship, even though the closeness shared may lessen, that it's only for awhile and that you good daughters come back to dad eventually and all will be right

statsqueen; you and me are going through similar experiences with our kid. you're a good mom and a good daughter to your parents

Bookmistress4ever; you're almost always cheerful and pleasant even when things aren't always rosey, you seem to look at the bright side.

Howard; you are a funny guy!  I always enjoy reading your posts.

Written By: Howard on 02/01/08 at 4:11 pm

Howard; you are a funny guy!  I always enjoy reading your posts.

Thanks Mike. :)

Written By: Jessica on 02/01/08 at 5:28 pm

so what if we start a say something bad about someone thread   ::)

Hilarity ensues. :D

Badfinger-Fan is a fellow NorCal resident who indulges my homesickness by posting awesome pics of the Bay Area. :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/01/08 at 5:57 pm

Snozberries - the one person I can count on to help me feel less guilt about my 2 liter of MD in one shot habit.

thereshegoes - she's always nice to me. :)

Howard - Never fails to make me smile.

Tia - understands and response to most of my off the cuff comments.  Thank you.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/01/08 at 7:06 pm

Hilarity ensues. :D

Badfinger-Fan is a fellow NorCal resident who indulges my homesickness by posting awesome pics of the Bay Area. :)
I'm gonna make you real homesick when I post some pics of downtown Hayward  :( 

Jessica is a former NorCal res that, like me, has married into the Asian culture and has assimilated nicely to it. I like talking about traditional Chinese food with her as she has experienced the more traditional Chinese culinary delights like i have.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/01/08 at 10:05 pm

weren't you originally from Hayward?  if so, then this oughta make you yearn for home.

the Hayward Public Library
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2003/1641520264_80c6241f7c.jpg?v=0

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/76/187676156_51c932c8bf.jpg?v=0

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/150/362225844_ec4b68d7c3.jpg?v=0

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020wr66NHNCwBiTWjzbkF/SIG=1419n1qa2/EXP=1202011307/**http%3A//www.roadsidepeek.com/roadusa/southwest/california/nocal/nocaleats/nocaldog/caspershotdogshaywardca.jpg

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/01/08 at 10:50 pm

Mike (Badfingerfan) is an all-around nice guy that always make me smile with his posts.

Written By: adagio on 02/01/08 at 11:08 pm

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/adagio_photos/th_candle01.gif

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/01/08 at 11:33 pm

Mike (Badfingerfan) is an all-around nice guy that always make me smile with his posts.
well isn't that special  http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c235/badfingermike/DaCa-Church20Lady.jpg

thanks Patty  :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/01/08 at 11:35 pm

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/adagio_photos/th_candle01.gif
look, it's a candle

Written By: adagio on 02/01/08 at 11:39 pm

look, it's a candle

I tried to make the candle my avatars since I like candles so much, but the site would accept it....darn...have to settle for here.

But, I think it's pretty.

And I agree that you're nice!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/01/08 at 11:43 pm

I tried to make the candle my avatars since I like candles so much, but the site would accept it....darn...have to settle for here.

But, I think it's pretty.

And I agree that you're nice!
and here I thought it was a secret message for someone. I guess i was reading into it a little bit too much

and thanks. I appreciate it. sometimes I am, but there are these other times  ::) 

Written By: adagio on 02/01/08 at 11:47 pm

and here I thought it was a secret message for someone. I guess i was reading into it a little bit too much

and thanks. I appreciate it. sometimes I am, but there are these other times  ::) 

My message?  You thought the candle was a message to someone?  Who?

Written By: adagio on 02/01/08 at 11:49 pm

You've really got me curious now!!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/01/08 at 11:51 pm

so what if we start a say something bad about someone thread  ::)
There's a good waY to start the nextr Inthe00s war.  :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/01/08 at 11:54 pm

My message?  You thought the candle was a message to someone?  Who?
I didn't know who and had nobody in mind, but it was rather random  ;D

we haven't had one or seen one in awhile,, have we Luke

Luke is someone that you can't say a bad thing about, he's as nice a new Zealander as they come, and gives his country a good name.  :)
we only see each other briefly, because we're about 14 hours apart in our times zones

Written By: Howard on 02/02/08 at 6:15 am

Yeah,that'll help.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/02/08 at 6:35 am

I agree, he is the best. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/thumbsup.gif

Written By: adagio on 02/02/08 at 8:45 am

I didn't know who and had nobody in mind, but it was rather random  ;D

Oooh. (There should be a deflated smiley)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/02/08 at 11:53 am

I want to make it clear that Badfinger Fan is NOT, repeat, is NOT a former member. He is so much nicer than that certain member who shall remain nameless.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/02/08 at 1:31 pm

I agree, he is the best. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/thumbsup.gif
say something sweet, say something mellow, say something I can sink my teeth in like jello
you're way too kind Danoota. thanks for the comp and for the record, you're pretty special too.  :)

I want to make it clear that Badfinger Fan is NOT, repeat, is NOT a former member. He is so much nicer than that certain member who shall remain nameless.  ;)

Cat
;D  this made me laugh Cat. I think I still have PMs from you discussing this issue. I remember them well. I was even asked  by a couple members to provide proof to assure them that I was not a former member.  thanks for helping make it clear Cat, that I am not somebody else who was here before and thanks for the laugh and for being so doggone nice yourself. 
I want to make it perfectly clear that I am not a former member because it would be way too obvious if I were, I mean, something would give me away, wouldn't it?   ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/02/08 at 1:39 pm

say something sweet, say something mellow, say something I can sink my teeth in like jello
you're way too kind Danoota. thanks for the comp and for the record, you're pretty special too.  :)
;D  this made me laugh Cat. I think I still have PMs from you discussing this issue. I remember them well. I was even asked  by a couple members to provide proof to assure them that I was not a former member.  thanks for helping make it clear Cat, that I am not somebody else who was here before and thanks for the laugh and for being so doggone nice yourself. 
I want to make it perfectly clear that I am not a former member because it would be way too obvious if I were, I mean, something would give me away, wouldn't it?   ::)

OMG, you are using blue font-that "proves" you are another person.  ;) :D ;D ;D

I remember telling a few members that you are not who they thought you were.

Cat

Written By: adagio on 02/02/08 at 2:13 pm

I want to make it perfectly clear that I am not a former member because it would be way too obvious if I were, I mean, something would give me away, wouldn't it?    ::)

There was a doubt about your membership and why would they be so nosey as to demand proof?  Probably the same type of person that demanded to know about my private life in a parody song.  lol

Ever since I got here I accepted that you were what you said..

You forgot that I said you ere very nice too? All it took was a conversation with you to know that.

Written By: Howard on 02/02/08 at 2:53 pm

Erin's a nice person to talk to.  :)

Written By: Tam on 02/02/08 at 3:09 pm

Blue Font??

BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN

Hahaha! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 02/02/08 at 5:03 pm

Loki13 - The word stability comes to mind. You care about others a lot, especially caring to not offend people if at all possible, even in disagreement. stability also because you've been eating the same sandwich everyday for 20+ years  ;D

Mike, wow, Thank You. And yes, it is still bolgna and cheese on white bread....squashed.  ;D

I'm thinking of a list, I'll make one up and post it a bit later.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/02/08 at 8:21 pm

Erin's a nice person to talk to.  :)

thanks Howard, karma for the nice compliment...you are nice to talk to also. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/03/08 at 12:15 am

OMG, you are using blue font-that "proves" you are another person.  ;) :D ;D ;D

I remember telling a few members that you are not who they thought you were.

Cat
yes, Blue font. that was his trademark, I read a bunch of his posts to see why there were suspicions about me and I noticed that there were many similarities so I can understand why people would think that I may have been him 
I do appreciate your support in those early days of my career here Cat  :)

You forgot that I said you ere very nice too? All it took was a conversation with you to know that.

I did not miss you're compliment adagio, I think earlier in this thread I said I appreciated you saying that I was nice.  :)  and you've got a good share of niceness yourself which is.. well, it's nice

Blue Font??

BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN

Hahaha! ;D ;D ;D
Yikes!  Don't Ban me Tam.  I'm not ready to be exiled from inthe00s as my work here is not done  8)

Mike, wow, Thank You. And yes, it is still bolgna and cheese on white bread....squashed.  ;D

I'm thinking of a list, I'll make one up and post it a bit later.
I forgot about how you squash your sandwiches  ;D  and you're welcome. 

Written By: adagio on 02/03/08 at 5:43 am

I did not miss you're compliment adagio, I think earlier in this thread I said I appreciated you saying that I was nice.  :)  and you've got a good share of niceness yourself which is.. well, it's nice

Thank you very much, Mike.  I must have missed it. :-[  karma for you.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 02/03/08 at 6:14 am

Hawk's Weekly 10 "Nice" Quips:

Howard- You are always pleasant to converse with. You come up with some interesting questions in the "Ask Me" threads, and when not engrossed in sex/relationship conversations, have quite a bit to say.

Gissie- Thank you for helping me keep in touch with my British ancestry. (My great-grandmother was from Hales Owen) The British recipes have been heartily enjoyed (substituting beef with turkey, natch), as is my "Scrooge" disc. I am also thankful for the nice responses and occasional good-natured comments you occasionally lob my way. May Bowling For Soup use you in a video!

Luke- My New Zealand friend, I must agree with the stablilty comment. Some people seem to come out of trials untested. You have always been kind and nice to me, and I hope we can develop a better friendship. Should you ever travel to the States, you have a place to stay while visiting.

Erin- What can I say about you that someone else hasn't said umpteen times? You are a genuine sweetie, and always seem to care about those whose lives you touch. May happiness find you this year, and may you never be attacked by Retro Kitties, while listening to "I Wanna Be Sedated". ;D

Alan- Your rapid-response lines and snappy banter have become a part of my Online "routine". There are things I look for, when I'm out here...and that's one of them. You are also quite helpful, when it comes to some technical problems. You were one of the first to befriend Melissa when she joined, and that meant much, to me. Keep 'em coming, kid- they're a riot!

Patty- There is so much potential in you. So much inner beauty that you possess, and so much fun wanting to come out. Should we ever meet in "real" life, I would be most delighted to see the 'inner child' within you come out to play. Thanks also, for helping with the assembly of the band's websites. We have started receiving some good responses. You get credit where it's due.

Mike (BF-fan)- You were one of the first I met out here. After a small rough patch, we came out of it working on a friendship. Would that we lived closer...I think we'd get along famously! You have always had good words of advice, when asked. You are also one of the "nightowls", like me. Thanks for the Late Night sessions!

Philip- You will always be associated with sophistication, in my mind. You are a good person, and always seem to rise above the petty feuds and squabbles that most of us seem to be embroiled in. I hope to drink a full pot of tea with you one day, while discussing the latest Symphony you've attended.

Dominic- How to describe the acquaintance we've had? I think "cosmically strange" is a good phrase. We have never really tried to get to know each other, and yet we have certain understandings. I find that rare, in this day & age. Hopefully, we will eventually forge some sort of friendship, whilst driving everyone crazy with llama and bad movie images.

Melissa- You came into this society at a time when I thought this was out for good. You took a colossal step by entering into this little group of ours. Only natural, since you agreed to join my quasi-surreal life, almost 10 years ago. So often have I told you that I love you, so many times have I phrased things I like about you...and so rarely have I ever known someone who has as much love for me as I have had for them. Compared to us, it seems as if the "classic" loves throughout the ages pale in comparison. I love you with every fiber of my being- Forever yours, faithfully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~More next week!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/03/08 at 9:41 am

thereshegoes - You've got a great attitude, kinda peppy, almost like a cheerleader, your playful and generous spirit has picked me up many times.

Oh really?
It's funny you say that 'cause my perky ways have been gone for awhile,but it warms my heart to see you still see me like that.
Now give me a T! Give me a Y! T-Y! T-Y! T-Y!  :-*

thereshegoes - she's always nice to me. :)

Even when i used to call you Spacey? ;)

Written By: Tam on 02/03/08 at 11:24 am

CatwomanofV and Tam;  the Tammy Wynettes of the board. You both are wonderful, loyal dedicated wives who "Stand By Your Man" & deserve medals for it.

Awww thank you darlin! 8)

BFF - Mike - to me he is the epitome of compassion, understanding, hilarity and faith all rolled into one. If I could, I would reach out and hug him so hard and so long!

Whistle - Jas - a nutcase for anything CanCon to the core. No matter my request, he is always there willing to help!

Red Ant - a true friend. Crazy ass MoFo as well. Gotta love insomnia!

Jess/Rice - have to put them together because they are pretty much one and the same. Their blue collar humor has me in stitches over and over again! Why? I have never been able to shoot straight from the hip and get the reaction these two do!!

Chucky - our Master! Rockin man who knows whats what even if people around him don't think he does!

that's all for now.....

Written By: Dagwood on 02/03/08 at 2:23 pm

Chucky - Fearless Leader.  You rock!

Cat/Don - two great people who were meant for each other.  Always nice even when they disagree with your politics.

Jess/Rice - Again, two great people who were meant for each other.  You can always count on them to have your back.

Tam - great mod with a cool avatar.

Bobo - Been around for a while.  At first I thought you were just an annoying teenager, but you proved otherwise.  You are a great guy.

Quirk- A really nice person.  You deserve the best life has to give you.

Midas - I used to enjoy our early morning PM's.  You are a great guy.

Anyone else I missed it is either because I don't know you or I had a brain fart.  I will come back with more if I think of them. :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/03/08 at 7:24 pm

Oh really?
It's funny you say that 'cause my perky ways have been gone for awhile,but it warms my heart to see you still see me like that.
Now give me a T! Give me a Y! T-Y! T-Y! T-Y!  :-*

Even when i used to call you Spacey? ;)

I forgave you of course. :)

Written By: Howard on 02/04/08 at 7:30 am

Howard- You are always pleasant to converse with. You come up with some interesting questions in the "Ask Me" threads, and when not engrossed in sex/relationship conversations, have quite a bit to say.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 02/04/08 at 9:52 am

^ The Quote Box Phantom Strikes Again!

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/04/08 at 12:09 pm

Jessica: You're smart,funny,sexy and i want to have a hot romp with you one day!

Rice: You're alright :P

Written By: Howard on 02/05/08 at 8:20 am

That's not nice.

Written By: adagio on 02/05/08 at 8:23 am

Quote from: HawkTheSlayer on February 04, 2008, 10:52:20 AM

That's not nice.

That's not nice.

Seems funny though.  :)

Written By: Howard on 02/05/08 at 8:24 am

Quote from: HawkTheSlayer on February 04, 2008, 10:52:20 AM

That's not nice.

Seems funny though.   :)

I was just joking. ;)

Written By: adagio on 02/05/08 at 8:27 am

I was just joking. ;)

I know.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 02/05/08 at 8:28 am

I know.  ;)

That's nice.

Check for new replies or respond here...