inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A PPP Poll to Ponder.

Written By: Tam on 02/09/08 at 1:35 am

IDK why

Actually, I received a few pm's about threads, and few pm's about ideas, a few pm's about nothing ;D

Seriously though, when looking through all of the threads in the PPP, there are some that carry no purpose whatsoever (sorry Rice) and some that we all enjoy, but might enjoy even more if they were smashed together....

PRESERVING ALL POSTS  we could merge these types of topics into one or two or three threads, thus keeping the silliness to a few threads instead of them being all spread out and all over. In no way am I saying that silliness isn't allowed, because without silliness we would all be very boring people, however sometimes I personally get a little annoyed having to dig through pages and pages of threads that can quite honestly be packed into one.

I could also run a poll upon this decision, to name the new thread(s).

Some are fun threads, some are postwhore threads (of which I have participated) ;) others have no meaning whatsoever (again, sorry Rice).....

Vote away - please refrain from deleting your cookies to vote more than once. I can see all the votes and who said what! ;)

Sidenote - I stickied LTE!!! Just having fun. I'll unsticky it in a coule of days and perhaps sticky another topic.... :o :D ;D

Subject: Re: A PPP Poll to Ponder.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/09/08 at 1:36 am

I vote for one useless thread!  :D

Written By: whistledog on 02/09/08 at 1:51 am

I don't mind them, but I think they are pointless in a way.  We have the LTE, we have the Go Anywhere Thread.  Where else can one possibly go? ROFL

The only thing I see about these threads is that others will start doing them, and the next thing you know, nobody will know what the hell anything is being talked about by anyone, not that we didn't really know anyway ;D

Written By: Gis on 02/09/08 at 3:38 am

I say combine them where they are similar. I too have been getting fed up with having to trawl through to page 4 looking for a current topic because of repetative stuff. For example we have an 'I'm feeling blue' and 'I'm feeling low' thread, the same thing surely? 

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/08 at 3:54 am

Which precise threads do you have in mind?

Written By: Howard on 02/09/08 at 7:01 am

combine them to make it 1.

Written By: Jessica on 02/09/08 at 9:06 am

I say combine them where they are similar. I too have been getting fed up with having to trawl through to page 4 looking for a current topic because of repetative stuff. For example we have an 'I'm feeling blue' and 'I'm feeling low' thread, the same thing surely? 

I agree with Gis. I too am tired of coming on here and seeing eleventymillion threads, all on the same topic. I was actually pondering starting a thread on this situation a couple of days ago, but didn't want to have anyone take it personally. ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/09/08 at 11:40 am

I don't mind senseless threads but lately it seems to be the flavor of the month. And what I also noticed is that it seems to be the usual suspects who create/post in them. Maybe if people can control themselves in creating too many of these threads-or is that asking too much.

Cat

Written By: Tam on 02/09/08 at 11:47 am

Which precise threads do you have in mind?

Looking at the first few pages, I would have to list these as some of the threads that would be combined:

The any topic you want topic
I like to move it in mc hammers pants
the go anywhere thread
Wanna reply to this thread? You can't
Right here
The I'm feeling Low thread
Today I am feeling blue, need a shoulder...
Fun facts
LTE

Of course I am sure there were more amongst those, but I just grazed over the first few pages. It would also be a blessing for our members to point out the sillier threads, so that most if not all of them would be combined.

I do understand that not everyone feels like they are bothered to have to go through pages upon pages to find other threads, that's why I mentioned the possibility of more than one combination thread, so that ALL is not lost.

In all honesty, if I didn't think it would slow traffic and people couldn't find the threads, I would look at the possibility of a sub-board in the PPP like Penguin Ratings, for a silliness board, but then again we run into having too many boards, too confusing for new members and old etc.

Definitely the same thing, albeit worded differently. ;)

I agree with Gis. I too am tired of coming on here and seeing eleventymillion threads, all on the same topic. I was actually pondering starting a thread on this situation a couple of days ago, but didn't want to have anyone take it personally. ::)

Girl, you know I would gladly take the hit for someone else. 8)
And it isn't actually a hit, it is just something that I think has needed to be said, although it had to be brought up to me before I realized it... ;)

Now of course, if we do this and more new members join, post silly threads and such like these, then we would just combine them into the already combined threads, and let them know that we aren't against silliness, we just like to keep it at a Dull Roar! ;D

I don't mind senseless threads but lately it seems to be the flavor of the month. And what I also noticed is that it seems to be the usual suspects who create/post in them. Maybe if people can control themselves in creating too many of these threads-or is that asking too much.

Cat

I hear what you are saying Girl, but sometimes in asking to keep it to a minimum, it actually makes them want to post even more. Obviously, we are not trying to be control freaks to the furthest extent, but there does have to be a little bit of sanity maintained on the boards - lest it goes to hell in a hand basket. ;)

Written By: ninny on 02/09/08 at 12:16 pm

I'm sure there's enough to make 2 threads ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 02/09/08 at 12:31 pm

I'm with Gis on this.  It does get old having to look through 3 pages of the same types of threads to find the ones I am interested in.

Written By: Step-chan on 02/09/08 at 1:41 pm

Don't really know.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/09/08 at 1:57 pm

Great topics, Tam, and with a loverly alliterative title to boot!  :)

I don't spend a lot of time in PPP, but I see the same 20-30 threads are always on the front page. Considering this board is 200+ pages deep, that seems pretty thin.

Merging duplicate topics into even three threads would be daunting, and there is the little matter of time stamps on posts, which will go in order once merged. Any running dialogue in a thread would be gone.

Some threads like "Celebrity Deaths Birthdays and Observances" could be moved to another board (Celebrity Heaven).

Threads like "Don't you hate it when", "irritating things" and "things to avoid in life" were all on the front page a minute ago - I think they cover mainly the same thing.

I like the idea of a sub board actually - threads that are "routine" rather than "playful" could be moved there. People can't find threads now - I know I can't - PPP is the only board where a topic can get buried on page 6 in two days. There are 4 threads on the front page that are over 300 pages deep in replies - obviously very popular, and likely to always be on the front page.

Something else we might be able to do is change the display for PPP so that instead of 20 topics per page there is 30 or even 50 - that would give threads more time to be seen and discussed.

Just my 2 coppers...

Ant

Written By: Jessica on 02/09/08 at 2:25 pm

I was thinking on this as I was cleaning the house. What would happen if the duplicates were just locked instead of trying to merge them? Or better yet, just lock all of them and start fresh with a new topic based solely on ONE thing (one topic for random crap, one topic for irritating things, etc.). That way we'd be able to keep the old threads in archives for our enjoyment and have new fresh ones to start. Besides, it's not like anyone goes to the first page of the Longest Thread Ever to quote something. Right? ???

Written By: karen on 02/09/08 at 2:37 pm

Besides, it's not like anyone goes to the first page of the Longest Thread Ever to quote something. Right? ???

don't tempt people!

I think that the go anywhere thread could be merged with the LTE and perhaps also the MC Hammer pants one has now drifted into general conversation.

I agree with Gis on the 'feeling low'/ 'feeling blue' threads being the same thing.  Don't see why they need to be separate from the monthly feel anyway threads really.  People usually respond to anyones threads showing good or bad news/feelings I think.

Written By: Tam on 02/09/08 at 2:37 pm

Great topics, Tam, and with a loverly alliterative title to boot!  :)

I don't spend a lot of time in PPP, but I see the same 20-30 threads are always on the front page. Considering this board is 200+ pages deep, that seems pretty thin.

Merging duplicate topics into even three threads would be daunting, and there is the little matter of time stamps on posts, which will go in order once merged. Any running dialogue in a thread would be gone.

Some threads like "Celebrity Deaths Birthdays and Observances" could be moved to another board (Celebrity Heaven).

Threads like "Don't you hate it when", "irritating things" and "things to avoid in life" were all on the front page a minute ago - I think they cover mainly the same thing.

I like the idea of a sub board actually - threads that are "routine" rather than "playful" could be moved there. People can't find threads now - I know I can't - PPP is the only board where a topic can get buried on page 6 in two days. There are 4 threads on the front page that are over 300 pages deep in replies - obviously very popular, and likely to always be on the front page.

Something else we might be able to do is change the display for PPP so that instead of 20 topics per page there is 30 or even 50 - that would give threads more time to be seen and discussed.

Just my 2 coppers...

Ant

Thanks Ant - and some good points made.

As for putting more threads per page - we each can do that through our profile. Go to look and layout preferences, and there is a box that allows you to change how many threads are on each page. So it isn't anything that we need to change in the board coding. ;)

As for the sub-board, when we were changing the boards last year, Chucky had said that too many sub-boards makes it confusing and hard to find topics, that he would rather them be in the same place and such instead of creating more problems when backing up the files etc. (I think that was the gist of it) That being said, if it were to come to pass, then a title for the sub-board could be "Penguin Productions" like all in a day's work - but geared to the penguins of course! ;)

The date stamp thing doesn't really matter all that much. Most of the topics that are similar will still run together. The threads that make no sense at all... well, merging other threads into it will add to the nonsense of them - not really a big issue I don't think. If it was a matter of keeping even flow of conversation through those types of threads, IMHO those threads wouldn't have been created in the first place. Please note also that a lot of the threads I am talking about have also been hijacked time and time again, which means the flow is jacked up anyway.

Celebrity deaths etc. should be in Celebrity Haven - no idea why it is in PPP, because I did all of the moving the last time. Unless this is a second thread, in which case I will just go merge it to the other one.

Another problem I forsee with merging the topics is that some people post on all these different threads, concerning post count, and would thus eliminate their 'postwhoring' for numbers. Could cause a few complaints... don't know that it would be a big issue though.

Written By: Jessica on 02/09/08 at 2:39 pm

Another problem I forsee with merging the topics is that some people post on all these different threads, concerning post count, and would thus eliminate their 'postwhoring' for numbers. Could cause a few complaints... don't know that it would be a big issue though.

They can deal with it.

Written By: karen on 02/09/08 at 2:40 pm

Just spotted another that could be merged with LTE. "The 'Any Topic You Want' topic" seems to have the same purpose as LTE, go anywhere etc etc

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/09/08 at 3:14 pm

I routinely delete all my posts and/or my profile and start from scratch because I'm stupid like that...don't really care all that much about post count :D

I like the idea of merging all the stuff into one place though, which is why I drink Sprite.

Written By: adagio on 02/09/08 at 3:18 pm

While it may be classed by everyone as the same type of thread, the name of the Go Anywhere thead is misleading, which is one reason I put my topic The 'Any Topic You Want' in .

And what is LTE?  

I thought Chucky wanted us to put more threads in, another reason I put mine in.  Delete mine if you think it's repetitive.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/09/08 at 3:19 pm

It can be merged!  W00t!

Written By: adagio on 02/09/08 at 3:21 pm

I'd rather mine deleted.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/09/08 at 3:21 pm

I was thinking on this as I was cleaning the house. What would happen if the duplicates were just locked instead of trying to merge them? Or better yet, just lock all of them and start fresh with a new topic based solely on ONE thing (one topic for random crap, one topic for irritating things, etc.). That way we'd be able to keep the old threads in archives for our enjoyment and have new fresh ones to start. Besides, it's not like anyone goes to the first page of the Longest Thread Ever to quote something. Right? ???

I think that is an excellent idea, Jess.

Written By: Jessica on 02/09/08 at 3:27 pm

I'd rather mine deleted.

Why though? Is it that special that it can't be merged with another topic?

Written By: adagio on 02/09/08 at 3:31 pm

I just like mine as it is or deleted; but it is not needed by CG.anymore  See, I was trying to cooperate, but matters have changed....so delete.

Written By: Jessica on 02/09/08 at 3:33 pm

I just like mine as it is or deleted, since it is not needed by CG.  See, I was trying to cooperate, but matters have changed....so delete.

Whatevah.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/09/08 at 3:34 pm

Well, I've just had a very quick skim through all of this ..... so have yet to fully digest ........

However, I have noticed people singling out my "I'm feeling blue, I need a shoulder to cry on" for comparison with Doms 'I'm feeling low thread'. I'm almost wishing I'd never started it now. At the time, I couldn't recall for sure that there was a similar thread (yes Dom .... you were there first !) ..... not helped by the masses of threads. Also, we have been encouraged by Chucky to not worry about such things .... he did not want us deterred from starting new threads that might have been done before ..... well, I certainly seem to remember reading such a post .....

So, I made that thread. Now .... it subsequently EVOLVED .... so that my particular thread is .... to MY mind .... not the same offering as Doms (I wonder if the people who seem keen to put the knife in have actually read through that topic (??). I suspect it might be a good idea  if  I renamed that topic 'I'm feeling blue today .... jokes appreciated !' .... or something like that. Doms thread is for people to listen, sympathize with them, maybe offer advice. Mine has /had evolved to being 'What can I say /do  to cheer you up ... enter at own risk , expect some wackiness ?'

So, I think it would be a mistake to merge those 2 particular threads.

Well, that's my 2 cents worth !

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/08 at 3:36 pm

In one sense LTE must go or be heavily snipped down for there is an array of obscene posts contained within.

Written By: adagio on 02/09/08 at 3:39 pm

Well, I've just had a very quick skim through all of this ..... so have yet to fully digest ........

However, I have noticed people singling out my "I'm feeling blue, I need a shoulder to cry on" for comparison with Doms 'I'm feeling low thread'. I'm almost wishing I'd never started it now. At the time, I couldn't recall for sure that there was a similar thread (yes Dom .... you were there first !) ..... not helped by the masses of threads. Also, we have been encouraged by Chucky to not worry about such things .... he did not want us deterred from starting new threads that might have been done before ..... well, I certainly seem to remember reading such a post .....

So, I made that thread. Now .... it subsequently EVOLVED .... so that my particular thread is .... to MY mind .... not the same offering as Doms (I wonder if the people who seem keen to put the knife in have actually read through that topic (??). I suspect it might be a good idea  if  I renamed that topic 'I'm feeling blue today .... jokes appreciated !' .... or something like that. Doms thread is for people to listen, sympathize with them, maybe offer advice. Mine has /had evolved to being 'What can I say /do  to cheer you up ... enter at own risk , expect some wackiness ?'

That's right, Alan.  It has a completely different flavor in your thread.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/09/08 at 3:41 pm

In one sense LTE must go or be heavily snipped down for there is an array of obscene posts contained within.

So true, in fact we should peruse all threads that have 1+ obscene posts in them, and delete those too! 

Of course, we need to define "obscene" as it pertains to this messageboard...

Written By: Jessica on 02/09/08 at 3:45 pm

You know what? This is stupid. So the threads get merged. So what? You're not losing anything out of it. You get to keep your silly post counts, you get to keep the threads that you started. They'll just be condensed. I don't know why people have to piss and moan and act all diva-ish about such a trivial matter as merging topics. Jesus Christ.

Written By: adagio on 02/09/08 at 3:46 pm

Why though? Is it that special that it can't be merged with another topic?

Not 'special', just not needed, merged or otherwise.

Written By: adagio on 02/09/08 at 3:54 pm

Do with my thread what you want. The arguing is tiresome. I'm going to a happy place.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/09/08 at 3:56 pm

You know what? This is stupid. So the threads get merged. So what? You're not losing anything out of it. You get to keep your silly post counts, you get to keep the threads that you started. They'll just be condensed. I don't know why people have to piss and moan and act all diva-ish about such a trivial matter as merging topics. Jesus Christ.

Yeah ..... well I've certainly noticed YOU keen to stick the knife .... (my 'friend'  ....  ::)  :P ).  Seems you were  quick to come in and  piss and moan and be all diva-ish in THAT thread about 'Gratuitous pet photos to amuse humans'. I playfully used your dogs pic .... and 'WERE you NOT amused !'    ::)

You did your damndest to try to taint that thread ...the playfulness / humor I was trying to set up .... by coming in  straight away .... 'yes I know you meant this to be amusing .... BUT  >:(  ....).... yes ..... it was something like that ... you set out to chasten me, and darken the whole tone. Fortunately, others here saw the joke .... and we 'had a ball' in that thread ... despite your efforts !

Hey ! I'm STILL here (at least for now !) .... so... 'Eat your heart out !'  :P

Written By: Jessica on 02/09/08 at 4:02 pm

Yeah ..... well I've certainly noticed YOU keen to stick the knife .... (my 'friend'  ....  ::)  :P ).  Seems you were  quick to come in and  piss and moan and be all diva-ish in THAT thread about 'Gratuitous pet photos to amuse humans'. I playfully used your dogs pic .... and 'WERE you NOT amused !'    ::)

You did your damndest to try to taint that thread ...the playfulness / humor I was trying to set up .... by coming in  straight away .... 'yes I know you meant this to be amusing .... BUT   >:(  ....).... yes ..... it was something like that ... you set out to chasten me, and darken the whole tone. Fortunately, others here saw the joke .... and we 'had a ball' in that thread ... despite your efforts !

Hey ! I'm STILL here (at least for now !) .... so... 'Eat your heart out !'   :P

Yes, I got mad about you using a photo (of which I explained why my dog was dressed up), but you know what? I forgot about it until you brought it up right now. Talk about holding grudges. ::)

Furthermore, who's the one who has been pissing and moaning about one of their threads getting deleted? Not I.

Also? Instead of threatening to leave this board, just DO IT. Your methods of trying to garner sympathy are falling short, "my friend".

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/09/08 at 4:06 pm

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!  This is infinitely more retarded than I ever imagined it could be :P

I confess, I was the man on the grassy knoll who put Tam up to this.  Both Tam and Red Ant and some other posters in this thread have good points:

1.  PPP is clogged with useless threads (useless is my word, not theirs)

2.  PPP CAN be cleaned up

3.  People need to get lives if they think deleting/merging/locking threads in order to achieve said cleanup will rip the fabric of the space time continuum or cause them to become sterile

Fini.

Written By: Jessica on 02/09/08 at 4:07 pm

Only from you.

Well if he has that many issues with me, then I suggest he PM's me about it instead of getting a spokesperson up my ass. ::)

Written By: Red Ant on 02/09/08 at 4:08 pm

I found these pictures which I suppose only Tam will truly appreciate, but what the hell

(I would have posted these in the funny pics thread, but it's over 120 days old  ;):

http://www.uploadit.org/cultofthejedi/ibtl.jpg

http://www.forumspile.com/IBTL-Motivational_poster.jpg

Ant

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/09/08 at 4:10 pm

You have issues. Seek help.

Yes, I got mad about you using a photo (of which I explained why my dog was dressed up), but you know what? I forgot about it until you brought it up right now. Talk about holding grudges. ::)

Furthermore, who's the one who has been pissing and moaning about one of their threads getting deleted? Not I.

Also? Instead of threatening to leave this board, just DO IT. Your methods of trying to garner sympathy are falling short, "my friend".

Yeah right ... 'I'm the one who needs help'  ::)

I will admit ... I DO have a long memory ..... yeah .... maybe even hold grudges ..... so what !?

I'm NOT convinced you 'forgot' ... but that's my problem.

I can't see my thread being deleted ... and why should I care if it is ..... but ... since there are a bunch of peoples input in that thread ... why would it get deleted?

As for your last paragraph ..... yes ... wouldn't you just love that . Oh .... I'm embarrassed you saw through  my 'methods'  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/09/08 at 4:13 pm

Nice weather we are having, huh?

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 02/09/08 at 4:16 pm

Yeah right ... 'I'm the one who needs help'  ::)

I will admit ... I DO have a long memory ..... yeah .... maybe even hold grudges ..... so what !?

I'm NOT convinced you 'forgot' ... but that's my problem.

I can't see my thread being deleted ... and why should I care if it is ..... but ... since there are a bunch of peoples input in that thread ... why would it get deleted?

As for your last paragraph ..... yes ... wouldn't you just love that . Oh .... I'm embarrassed you saw through  my 'methods'  ::)

I never said I didn't need help. ;)

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/09/08 at 4:17 pm

Nice weather we are having, huh?

Cat

Yes indeed Cat. Let's talk about the weather. Rather overcast here at the moment (honestly).

How are you today ?

Written By: adagio on 02/09/08 at 4:31 pm

*Whew*  Nice move to the weather Cat.  It's more comfortable in here now.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/09/08 at 4:51 pm

*Whew*  Nice move to the weather Cat.  It's more comfortable in here now.

Hello Pat... I'm not ignoring you .... just so many distractions / different things for me to deal with at the moment. I have seen your PM's btw.

Yeah ... thanks for your support .... and the various PMs in that regard from some others here. You definitely can't please everybody as Ricky Nelson once noted .... but at least the majority (well that's MY interpretation)  here seem to like what I have to offer .... so, I'll take solace in that !

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/09/08 at 5:02 pm

Once again, this was all my fault, not Tam's or Red Ant's.  How dare I try to clean up PPP!  >:(  What the hell was I thinking?  Now people have to garner sympathy and get all wonky because their threads don't matter...not like they did before, but y'know.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/09/08 at 6:22 pm

^

Maybe I'm wrongly thinking this is directed at ME ?

Let's be straight on this. I have NO objections to a clean up operation. There IS probably room for improvement ... to make the board more user friendly . In the VERY, very  highly  unlikely event that my 'I'm feeling blue' thread were to get the chop ....  I ain't gonna be jumping off a tall building about that.

I haven't had ANYTHING (that  I can recall)  to do with you 'Rice' ... not really formed an opinion on you .... one way or the other ..... but I certainly believe I can read between the lines ....

There are many many threads here that 'don't matter'.  You obviously are NOT  a fan of such threads. I have probably been 'guilty'  ::)  of making more than a few such threads. Guess what .... I made more than a few people laugh (but as I've said ..... that Ricky Nelson song .... ). Anyhow .... is making people laugh SO bad ?

Maybe SOME  people  :-X  should just stay out of PPP  (now ... was I mistaken in thinking 'P' stood for 'Playful '  ::) ).

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/09/08 at 6:39 pm

^ Wow, you're so right.  You're so much more important than me in the grand scheme of things, I'm sorry I offended your supreme penguintude and disrupted your awesome threadiness.  May your uselessness continue to deluge this board to infinity and beyond.  I hope all your fans continue to laugh at you.

Written By: adagio on 02/09/08 at 6:46 pm

Alan,that shoots that down the drain!  I had promised myself...eh...lost cause in Alan, guess I won't talk to him anymore. Who can I talk to?  Hawk comes to mind...he's funny too...as are some others.

I just finished telling snoz about al the fol-de-
role in here and said take a look if she's interested.

I'm glad you know that most the people in here get a kick from your posts.  I know I do.  About .1%
don't.  Too bad for them.

You mean I didn't immediately spring to mind when you were talking to others?   :-\\  I noticed you writing  letters in PM for about a 1/2 hour.  Yea, I was seeing where you were.... that was before I gave up on you.(which didn't work)  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/09/08 at 6:53 pm

Alan,hat shoots that down the drain!  I had promised myself...eh...lost cause in Alan, guess I won't talk to him anymore. Who can I talk to?  Hawk comes to mind...he's funny too...as are some others.

I just finished telling snoz about al the fol-de-
role in here and said take a look if she's interested.

I'm glad you know that most the people in here get a kick from your posts.  I know I do.  About .1%
don't.  Too bad for them.

You mean I didn't immediately spring to mind when you were talking to others?  :-\\  I noticed you writing  letters in PM for about a 1/2 hour.  Yea, I was seeing where you were.... that was before I gave up on you.

Ok Pat. Let me get a cuppa, maybe some cereal ... then my next PM will be to you. Ok ?  :)

Written By: adagio on 02/09/08 at 6:56 pm

;D YES!! (geesh...don't send a pity PM...I can do without that)

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/09/08 at 7:11 pm

;D YES!! (geesh...don't send a pity PM...I can do without that)

PM just sent. I think it MUST have related to my seeking sympathy ... to bolster my very fragile ego, and sense of self-importance here !  :-[  :P

< Awaits the response "I couldn't have said it better myself" / "You said it"  .... or something along those lines !  ::)

Written By: Red Ant on 02/09/08 at 7:16 pm

While many threads in PPP (and elsewhere) get off topic, this is not going to be one of them. If you want to discuss in any way/shape or form the idea of merging threads, why it's a great/not so great idea, alternatives to merging threads or anything else ON TOPIC, by all means, feel free.

If you want to discuss off topic things, there are approximately 10,000 other threads in PPP to do it.

All further off topic posts on this thread will be removed.

Ant

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/09/08 at 7:24 pm

While many threads in PPP (and elsewhere) get off topic, this is not going to be one of them. If you want to discuss in any way/shape or form the idea of merging threads, why it's a great/not so great idea, alternatives to merging threads or anything else ON TOPIC, by all means, feel free.

If you want to discuss off topic things, there are approximately 10,000 other threads in PPP to do it.

All further off topic posts on this thread will be removed.

Ant

Couldn't have said it better myself ! Things seem to be / have gotten a bit heated here. Good moderation in this instance, I reckon, I reckon !  Yes we should be discussing merging threads and the like (threw last sentence in ... hoping for a LITTLE latitude in this current post ... given recent unfortunate events ).  :-X

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/09/08 at 7:25 pm

I don't mind the mundane threads. I believe in the PPP, anything should be acceptable (Sans lewd images, etc.)

Written By: adagio on 02/09/08 at 7:31 pm

PM just sent. I think it MUST have related to my seeking sympathy ... to bolster my very fragile ego, and sense of self-importance here !  :-[  :P

< Awaits the response "I couldn't have said it better myself" / "You said it"  .... or something along those lines !  ::)

As per merging threads, I PMed my answer Alan...but didn't say what you wanted me to say.  ::)

Written By: Tam on 02/09/08 at 10:04 pm

First and Foremost, this idea was not started to single out ANYONE !!!!!
The idea was to ease some of the congestion in the PPP.

If you (and I use the term to mean anyone) If you have interpreted it to be a directly aimed at you, then you need to check your guilt outside the door.

This idea was suggested to me, not just by Rice but also a couple other members. If my first post was read and understood, it was said that NO POSTS or THREADS would be deleted, that most of the threads I am talking about don't have even 75% conversation flow, and that they could be merged or possibly moved to another NEW BOARD. No where did I say that they sucked and should not be created, and if I did then please feel free to point it out to me so I may apologize to those who feel they have been injured.

First thing - I have been a mod on here for over a year, and as almost all of you know, I am 100% NEUTRAL all the dang time! Do you know how tiring that is? I understand that I don't have to be but it is actually a lot easier being neutral than it is trying to take sides and group together people and cliques in order to see my master plan come together!!! Please, do not take my neutrality lighty. That is not a threat. Several things have already come to pass where I had to be the one to talk another mod out of a decision, because most times cooler, calmer heads prevail. Like it has been said before, we do not get paid to do this job, we do not get paid to make friends here, we do not get paid to keep order. I do not get paid to come here daily and post - didn't before I was a mod either. I come because I enjoy the threads, and I enjoy people. Same should be said for everyone right?! (Unless you come here to spam the heck out of us - in which case I will ban your arse anyway)

When I rearranged the entire site last fall, there wasn't a single complaint. NADA. Everyone was happy, except for the loss of a few boards, however the threads were preserved in their entirety. No one noticed the 1000+ threads that were deleted because they were mundane with 1 post or two posts from people who didn't even register....

MY FAULT now for giving the opportunity for members to give their input on what we should do and how we should do it!!! Wouldn't it have just been awesome to sign on one day and find that without even asking - I just went and locked all the mundane threads and said 'too bad so sad' do it my way or else? C'mon! We already know what the answer is. Better yet, if Chucky did it??

Seriously. If Chucky had of posted this thread instead of me, there wouldn't be as much ado is there is. He's the owner right? Who are you to argue with the owner right?
We seem to forget that Chucky named mods because he can't be here all the time, and not to be a bitch - well ya it is, but he made me a mod so technically if Chukcy isn't here, one of the mods are pretty much him. Am I wrong?
___________________________________________ {end rant}

Back on topic:
The voting results are looking good.
Remember, you can also offer other ideas on what to do, it doesn't just have to me MY ideas.

I like this idea too. Opportunity for fresh threads to grow without having to compete with old ones or people saying 'there is already a thread like this here' etc. 8)

I found these pictures which I suppose only Tam will truly appreciate, but what the hell

(I would have posted these in the funny pics thread, but it's over 120 days old  ;):

http://www.uploadit.org/cultofthejedi/ibtl.jpg

http://www.forumspile.com/IBTL-Motivational_poster.jpg

Ant

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Thank you Ant - I needed that laugh!

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/09/08 at 10:39 pm

First and Foremost, this idea was not started to single out ANYONE !!!!!
The idea was to ease some of the congestion in the PPP.

If you (and I use the term to mean anyone) If you have interpreted it to be a directly aimed at you, then you need to check your guilt outside the door.

This idea was suggested to me, not just by Rice but also a couple other members. If my first post was read and understood, it was said that NO POSTS or THREADS would be deleted, that most of the threads I am talking about don't have even 75% conversation flow, and that they could be merged or possibly moved to another NEW BOARD. No where did I say that they sucked and should not be created, and if I did then please feel free to point it out to me so I may apologize to those who feel they have been injured.

First thing - I have been a mod on here for over a year, and as almost all of you know, I am 100% NEUTRAL all the dang time! Do you know how tiring that is? I understand that I don't have to be but it is actually a lot easier being neutral than it is trying to take sides and group together people and cliques in order to see my master plan come together!!! Please, do not take my neutrality lighty. That is not a threat. Several things have already come to pass where I had to be the one to talk another mod out of a decision, because most times cooler, calmer heads prevail. Like it has been said before, we do not get paid to do this job, we do not get paid to make friends here, we do not get paid to keep order. I do not get paid to come here daily and post - didn't before I was a mod either. I come because I enjoy the threads, and I enjoy people. Same should be said for everyone right?! (Unless you come here to spam the heck out of us - in which case I will ban your arse anyway)

When I rearranged the entire site last fall, there wasn't a single complaint. NADA. Everyone was happy, except for the loss of a few boards, however the threads were preserved in their entirety. No one noticed the 1000+ threads that were deleted because they were mundane with 1 post or two posts from people who didn't even register....

MY FAULT now for giving the opportunity for members to give their input on what we should do and how we should do it!!! Wouldn't it have just been awesome to sign on one day and find that without even asking - I just went and locked all the mundane threads and said 'too bad so sad' do it my way or else? C'mon! We already know what the answer is. Better yet, if Chucky did it??

Seriously. If Chucky had of posted this thread instead of me, there wouldn't be as much ado is there is. He's the owner right? Who are you to argue with the owner right?
We seem to forget that Chucky named mods because he can't be here all the time, and not to be a bitch - well ya it is, but he made me a mod so technically if Chukcy isn't here, one of the mods are pretty much him. Am I wrong?
___________________________________________ {end rant}

Back on topic:
The voting results are looking good.
Remember, you can also offer other ideas on what to do, it doesn't just have to me MY ideas.

I like this idea too. Opportunity for fresh threads to grow without having to compete with old ones or people saying 'there is already a thread like this here' etc. 8)

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Thank you Ant - I needed that laugh!

I will confess Tam, to never having read fully your opening remarks FULLY .... something I am almost NEVER guilty of ...... since unlike certain others here (who shall be nameless ....  ::) .... well some of us know who they are  ;D )  I did take a quick glance to try to get the feel of what was going on,  ....  then  glanced further through the thread ..  enough to gather that no thread was likely to be deleted ...
before I made a single post in this thread ...

So, I for one was not buying into the suggestion others might have made in that regard ...

Pause, whilst < digests rest of above ....

Ok ... I've now just read the rest of your post. I take it you are not pleased with me to appear to have been arguing with the owner .... who the hell am I ?

I don't see that I have been 'out of order' with Chucky, personally .... I believe I've maintained quite a civil decent tone .... and put my case well.

I seem to remember a year or so back when Chuck was asking for people to help him out. Now, as far as I'm concerned, you guys do a GREAT job .... (no ... I'm not trying to suck up ... or get back in anyone's good books ..... no matter what anybody else might think) ..... just doing a 'Madonna' .... and expressing myself. Ok ?  :P  ;D

Yeah, I get your point about that (Ant's)  sig. line ... and of course, I too can see the joke !

< Whips self !  ;D

Written By: karen on 02/09/08 at 10:50 pm

And what is LTE?  

Longest Thread Ever

It is a space where nothing is off-topic

Just type ANY JIBBERISH and let's make the longest Internet thread ever!

ddd

Written By: nally on 02/09/08 at 10:53 pm

Longest Thread Ever

It is a space where nothing is off-topic

The go-anywhere thread is a much better thread imo for stuff like that. At least the name says it better. Just my humble opinion.

Written By: adagio on 02/09/08 at 11:01 pm

My opinion doesn't count.

Written By: Tam on 02/09/08 at 11:02 pm

I will confess Tam, to never having read fully your opening remarks FULLY .... something I am almost NEVER guilty of ...... since unlike certain others here (who shall be nameless ....   ::) .... well some of us know who they are  ;D )  I did take a quick glance to try to get the feel of what was going on,  ....  then  glanced further through the thread ..  enough to gather that no thread was likely to be deleted ...
before I made a single post in this thread ...

So, I for one was not buying into the suggestion others might have made in that regard ...

Thank you

Pause, whilst < digests rest of above ....

Ok ... I've now just read the rest of your post. I take it you are not pleased with me to appear to have been arguing with the owner .... who the hell am I ?

I don't see that I have been 'out of order' with Chucky, personally .... I believe I've maintained quite a civil decent tone .... and put my case well.

I seem to remember a year or so back when Chuck was asking for people to help him out. Now, as far as I'm concerned, you guys do a GREAT job .... (no ... I'm not trying to suck up ... or get back in anyone's good books ..... no matter what anybody else might think) ..... just doing a 'Madonna' .... and expressing myself. Ok ?   :P  ;D

Yeah, I get your point about that (Ant's)  sig. line ... and of course, I too can see the joke !

< Whips self !   ;D

I did not say that I was not impressed with you - I used the term/word 'you' to make it fair to mean anyone.
You personally, can question / state your case / etc... I never will have a problem with that.
I did not write what I did above in response to any other threads, only this one.

I have received your pm and I will continue this conversation through it and it alone. 8)

Written By: karen on 02/09/08 at 11:05 pm

The go-anywhere thread is a much better thread imo for stuff like that. At least the name says it better. Just my humble opinion.

But you can look beyond the name in other threads.  ::)

My opinion doesn't count.

Sure it does.  But other people's views should also be taken into account.  This thread wasn't intended to be a personal attack on anyone I'm sure.  

Written By: adagio on 02/09/08 at 11:09 pm

But you can look beyond the name in other threads.  ::)

Sure it does.  But other people's views should also be taken into account.  This thread wasn't intended to be a personal attack on anyone I'm sure.  

I expressed my opinions, which were put down.  I did not personally attack anyone.

Written By: Tam on 02/09/08 at 11:16 pm

I expressed my opinions, which were put down.  I did not personally attack anyone.

She wasn't saying that you attacked anyone adagio.... she was saying that she is sure that I did not make the thread to personally attack anyone...

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/09/08 at 11:25 pm

< Is wondering if ^ is impressed as much with <'s NEW sig line as she was with somebody else's  :-X .... which has some 'slight resemblance '   ???  :D   ?

Oh yeah ... who was talking about merging threads .. what an interesting idea ( anything to get 'back on topic'  ;)  ;D ).

Written By: Tam on 02/09/08 at 11:27 pm

< Is wondering if ^ is impressed as much with <'s NEW sig line as she was with somebody else's   :-X .... which has some 'slight resemblance '   ???  :D   ?

Oh yeah ... who was talking about merging threads .. what an interesting idea ( anything to get 'back on topic'   ;)  ;D ).

Hmmm..... I get X for both ???

Written By: Gis on 02/10/08 at 4:19 am

So if your thread has evolved you can go back and change the title to reflect that, I think 'I'm feeling blue today .... jokes appreciated !' would be a great title and a good idea.We used to have a jokes thread but sadly it got lost somewhere it was always fun to read.

I am completely bewildered as to why you think my suggestion of combining your thread with another constitutes 'putting the knife in' that's being a bit over dramatic isn't it? I have noticed from your posts that you do seem to be very quick to think people are having a go at you if they don't get/ or don't appreciate your joking. It's not personal,it's simply that not everyone has the same sense of humour. Let it go and tell another joke instead, don't throw all the toys out of the pram.
If you took the time to read more of my posts you will see I don't 'put the knife in',that's not my nature. I also like to joke and be silly as much as the next person.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/10/08 at 4:36 am

So if your thread has evolved you can go back and change the title to reflect that, I think 'I'm feeling blue today .... jokes appreciated !' would be a great title and a good idea.We used to have a jokes thread but sadly it got lost somewhere it was always fun to read.

I am completely bewildered as to why you think my suggestion of combining your thread with another constitutes 'putting the knife in' that's being a bit over dramatic isn't it? I have noticed from your posts that you do seem to be very quick to think people are having a go at you if they don't get/ or don't appreciate your joking. It's not personal,it's simply that not everyone has the same sense of humour. Let it go and tell another joke instead, don't throw all the toys out of the pram.
If you took the time to read more of my posts you will see I don't 'put the knife in',that's not my nature. I also like to joke and be silly as much as the next person.

Thanks for your input .. and I'm quite sure I didn't have YOU in mind at my unfortunate turn of phrase ....guess I was still sensitized following recent events ... and when I got a PM from somebody re this thread .... I imagined it was because some kind of a shake up  was emanating from said event, to try to prevent future misunderstandings ?

I saw through a quick scan that my thread was being likened to that one(again and again and again)  ... and thought ...hang on ...... it does SOUND the same, but yes... it HAS evolved. So, I intend to change the title ... as you approve to that or something close.

Hey, I remember you started my birthday thread some time back .... and I appreciate that. See, I have quite a good memory (well long term anyhow .... !

Now, where did I leave that TV remote ?  :-\\  :-[

Cheers !  :) 8)

Written By: Gis on 02/10/08 at 11:01 am

Thanks for your input .. and I'm quite sure I didn't have YOU in mind at my unfortunate turn of phrase ....guess I was still sensitized following recent events ... and when I got a PM from somebody re this thread .... I imagined it was because some kind of a shake up  was emanating from said event, to try to prevent future misunderstandings ?

I saw through a quick scan that my thread was being likened to that one(again and again and again)  ... and thought ...hang on ...... it does SOUND the same, but yes... it HAS evolved. So, I intend to change the title ... as you approve to that or something close.

Hey, I remember you started my birthday thread some time back .... and I appreciate that. See, I have quite a good memory (well long term anyhow .... !

Now, where did I leave that TV remote ?  :-\\  :-[

Cheers !  :) 8)
I guess I can understand that. In some ways it's surprising the high emotion this thread has caused.

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/08 at 12:18 pm

Stay off the boards for a few days.....

apparently my computer virus not only affected my stupid laptop...my friends seem to be afflicted as well because AAAAHHHH~SO~MUCH~DRAMA!

For the record... the postwhore in me loves the random threads. Yes there are some duplicates but sometimes you forget that someone started a similar thread and if you don't know what they titled it then you can't find it doing a search.

I may be guilty of this as well but I don't really care  :D  Truth be told. I will go back a few pages and scan the titles and if I don't see a similar topic then I will create one....

one of the problems is, I've noticed, some new members and or guests  actually read all topics. a quick check of the front page will tell you so and so is reading  Worst Music Group Video Game http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=1669.0  (That's from page 204. There are a total of 4 posts.  It was started in 2004. )

I could  have started a thread last week that is currently active titled did you enjoy themed video games of the 90s?  or How about those Video games solely created to promote a movie, tv show or celeb? 

and then the guest posts in the old thread and suddenly there are two similar topics on the front page.  happens all the time.

Just for an example and please I am not singling anyone out... I post in every thing so whatever but when I saw the irritating things thread I thought...didn't I just post in the I Hate it When thread last week?  Or what did you have for breakfast today versus the last thing I ate... those are similar. But people post where they want to post so let it be.

I'd like to quote Meat! now....

I don't mind the mundane threads. I believe in the PPP, anything should be acceptable (Sans lewd images, etc.)

I just saw a thread titled the New SpongeBob Squarepants movie..... should they make another SBSP movie should we resurrect the old thread or make a new one?

Personally, I say play on....

and Alan's right Chucky did ask for us start more topics (albeit maybe topics more relevant than the Thread a Day topic....which I totally love Alan O0  )  and I too recall reading in one of his replies that stated it was okay to start a thread that already existed because some
people may not have seen the previous post and seeing it now in a different form might spark an inspired reply from a newbie...or an established member may be able to add something relevant as well.

whatev... I'm tired of all this  http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l101/sonia0023/42101yuu3xr3tvk.gif

I never thought I would find myself quoting Rodney King but
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l263/adam1919jr/getalong.jpg

Q

whew.... I missed you guys while I was sick!

Written By: Tam on 02/10/08 at 12:44 pm

apparently my computer virus not only affected my stupid laptop...my friends seem to be afflicted as well because AAAAHHHH~SO~MUCH~DRAMA!

For the record... the postwhore in me loves the random threads. Yes there are some duplicates but sometimes you forget that someone started a similar thread and if you don't know what they titled it then you can't find it doing a search.

I may be guilty of this as well but I don't really care  :D  Truth be told. I will go back a few pages and scan the titles and if I don't see a similar topic then I will create one....

one of the problems is, I've noticed, some new members and or guests  actually read all topics. a quick check of the front page will tell you so and so is reading  Worst Music Group Video Game http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=1669.0  (That's from page 204. There are a total of 4 posts.  It was started in 2004. )

I could  have started a thread last week that is currently active titled did you enjoy themed video games of the 90s?  or How about those Video games solely created to promote a movie, tv show or celeb? 

and then the guest posts in the old thread and suddenly there are two similar topics on the front page.  happens all the time.

Just for an example and please I am not singling anyone out... I post in every thing so whatever but when I saw the irritating things thread I thought...didn't I just post in the I Hate it When thread last week?   Or what did you have for breakfast today versus the last thing I ate... those are similar. But people post where they want to post so let it be.

I just saw a thread titled the New SpongeBob Squarepants movie..... should they make another SBSP movie should we resurrect the old thread or make a new one?

and Alan's right Chucky did ask for us start more topics (albeit maybe topics more relevant than the Thread a Day topic....which I totally love Alan O0  )  and I too recall reading in one of his replies that stated it was okay to start a thread that already existed because some
people may not have seen the previous post and seeing it now in a different form might spark an inspired reply from a newbie...or an established member may be able to add something relevant as well.

whatev... I'm tired of all this  http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l101/sonia0023/42101yuu3xr3tvk.gif

Q

Hey Girl!

Your reponse is definitely valid, and a good read, however, I am not talking about those types of threads. ;)
All those are fine just the way they are.

What I was talking about are the threads like "I like to move it in MC Hammer's Pants", "Longest Thread Ever", "Go anywhere thread" and the likes.
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=31009.msg1542108#msg1542108

Yes, I did mention the feeling blue and feeling low threads, apparently I had no clue that either of them were different or had changed, so perhaps a title change would be in order.

karma +1

Yes, Chucky promised to respond to new threads if no one had said anything in them for more than a day. http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=30797.0
However, mundane threads that have been started, have been deleted since his post, because they made no sense and we don't need more of them crowding the boards. Some created by members, some created by guests, we do not discriminate, we handle each one the same way.

At any rate,  I realize I have caused quite a stir in the penguin community! More and more now, I see that Jessica's idea may be more a reality than anything else.

I believe this way could work because then new threads are posted, with the title you want, and if you note, when you reply to a thread, you can change the title of it as you reply to it, so your post becomes unique in itself.

I'll be back in a bit

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/08 at 1:00 pm

Hey Girl!

Your reponse is definitely valid, and a good read, however, I am not talking about those types of threads. ;)
All those are fine just the way they are.

What I was talking about are the threads like "I like to move it in MC Hammer's Pants", "Longest Thread Ever", "Go anywhere thread" and the likes.
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=31009.msg1542108#msg1542108

Yes, I did mention the feeling blue and feeling low threads, apparently I had no clue that either of them were different or had changed, so perhaps a title change would be in order.

karma +1

Yes, Chucky promised to respond to new threads if no one had said anything in them for more than a day. http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=30797.0
However, mundane threads that have been started, have been deleted since his post, because they made no sense and we don't need more of them crowding the boards. Some created by members, some created by guests, we do not discriminate, we handle each one the same way.

At any rate,  I realize I have caused quite a stir in the penguin community! More and more now, I see that Jessica's idea may be more a reality than anything else.I believe this way could work because then new threads are posted, with the title you want, and if you note, when you reply to a thread, you can change the title of it as you reply to it, so your post becomes unique in itself.

I'll be back in a bit

Hey Back....

Okay Tam I see what you're saying... You know I have never posted in MC Hammer or LTE but that's because I actually want to read every post in there.  I feel like once I get the end of a thread it's like a badge of honor and I'll be worthy of posting in such an established thread... I know Jeff said I could post there at anytime but that just feels like cheating to me.  ;)

As a result I post my random thoughts where I fancy... I know that's poor board etiquette but sometimes someone mentions something that jogs my memory.

In the last movie you saw thread I might take the opportunity to discuss a film someone just saw because it seems ridiculous to create a thread about say Hard Candy because Erin and I managed to catch it on the same day. I guess we could just pm such thoughts but if I pm'd every one when I had a random ya'll would kick me off the boards for sure!  ;D 

Also...sometimes Mike and I go on and on about something he ate that makes drool... but know seems to mind that I do this... they just post around me  :-\\ so hopefully I don't annoy too many when I do this.  But those random threads are a good outlet for me... can you imagine how bad I would be if I didn't have a go anywhere thread....which by the way I thought was about where are you going today...because Phil always updates us on his activities there.  So  I welcomed the any topic and don't you dare reply to this thread...they give those of us is virtual ADD a good outlet  ;)

and Alan's right Chucky did ask for us start more topics (albeit maybe topics more relevant than the Thread a Day topic....which I totally love Alan Afro  )  and I too recall reading in one of his replies that stated it was okay to start a thread that already existed because some

I guess I digressed and didn't make it clear.  These were two different posts from Chucky one about getting people to start more threads... sorry some of the topics had to be deleted... a little whackiness is fun but too much can be annoying.  We didn't lose the thread a day thread did we I really enjoyed that one!

OMG I just read my quote above...okay that was supposed to read "which I totally love Alan for"  not which I totally love Alan Afro  )  doubt Alan is capable of growing an  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_rr.gif  must have been subliminally thinking about my own current bad hair day....

oh did I digress again  :-[  sorry.

Q

Written By: Tam on 02/10/08 at 1:24 pm

Hey Back....

Okay Tam I see what you're saying... You know I have never posted in MC Hammer or LTE but that's because I actually want to read every post in there.  I feel like once I get the end of a thread it's like a badge of honor and I'll be worthy of posting in such an established thread... I know Jeff said I could post there at anytime but that just feels like cheating to me.   ;)

As a result I post my random thoughts where I fancy... I know that's poor board etiquette but sometimes someone mentions something that jogs my memory.

In the last movie you saw thread I might take the opportunity to discuss a film someone just saw because it seems ridiculous to create a thread about say Hard Candy because Erin and I managed to catch it on the same day. I guess we could just pm such thoughts but if I pm'd every one when I had a random ya'll would kick me off the boards for sure!  ;D 

Also...sometimes Mike and I go on and on about something he ate that makes drool... but know seems to mind that I do this... they just post around me  :-\\ so hopefully I don't annoy too many when I do this.  But those random threads are a good outlet for me... can you imagine how bad I would be if I didn't have a go anywhere thread....which by the way I thought was about where are you going today...because Phil always updates us on his activities there.   So  I welcomed the any topic and don't you dare reply to this thread...they give those of us is virtual ADD a good outlet  ;)

That's cool with me Girl. Those threads are designed more or less like that. I wouldn't consider them thread jacking or mundane or anything of the sort.

I understand what you are saying about MC and LTE - there is a lot of information in those threads, but there is also a lot of nothing in them as well. And since you want to read it all before posting, I am thinking more and more that just locking them and having someone create a new one that would follow from the old one, might be better and then literally anything goes in the new one (with the exception of nudity and working around cuss filters) ;)

I guess I digressed and didn't make it clear.  These were two different posts from Chucky one about getting people to start more threads... sorry some of the topics had to be deleted... a little whackiness is fun but too much can be annoying.   We didn't lose the thread a day thread did we I really enjoyed that one!

OMG I just read my quote above...okay that was supposed to read "which I totally love Alan for"  not   doubt Alan is capable of growing an  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_rr.gif  must have been subliminally thinking about my own current bad hair day....

oh did I digress again  :-[  sorry.

Q

You have to know that I just laughed out loud to the point that I woke the dog up on the floor!!!!

The thread a day thing still stands, at leat I believe so, but unfortunately lines have to drawn somewhere and that is why any of the mods delete things, or move things, or edit things. It's a PITA but we gotta do it.

;)
Tam

Written By: nally on 02/10/08 at 1:36 pm

That's cool with me Girl. Those threads are designed more or less like that. I wouldn't consider them thread jacking or mundane or anything of the sort.

I understand what you are saying about MC and LTE - there is a lot of information in those threads, but there is also a lot of nothing in them as well. And since you want to read it all before posting, I am thinking more and more that just locking them and having someone create a new one that would follow from the old one, might be better and then literally anything goes in the new one (with the exception of nudity and working around cuss filters) ;)

With regard to McHammer, I think it should stay. I know that seems rather biased on my part, but that's the one place where I feel having a good discussions does not go off topic...so for general chit chat, I like that one best.

I dont like L.T.E. because it isn't truly the longest therad, especially when it was first started. At the time (mid-February 2005) we already had a series of long threads going on, so to start a fresh one and try to make it longer than all the others seemed rather nonsensical to me. I mean, making a long thread takes time to achieve; Rome wasn't built in a day. Sorry if I sound like a party pooper, but that's just how I personally feel about it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/08 at 1:40 pm

With regard to McHammer, I think it should stay. I know that seems rather biased on my part, but that's the one place where I feel having a good discussions does not go off topic...so for general chit chat, I like that one best.

I dont like L.T.E. because it isn't truly the longest therad, especially when it was first started. At the time (mid-February 2005) we already had a series of long threads going on, so to start a fresh one and try to make it longer than all the others seemed rather nonsensical to me. I mean, making a long thread takes time to achieve; Rome wasn't built in a day. Sorry if I sound like a party pooper, but that's just how I personally feel about it.
Here Here!!

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/08 at 1:58 pm

hey if it comes down to one over the other I'd vote for Hammer too.

Written By: Jessica on 02/10/08 at 3:31 pm

I dont like L.T.E. because it isn't truly the longest therad, especially when it was first started.

You spelled "thread" wrong. By the way, if they were merged, it WOULD be the longest thread.

Written By: KKay on 02/10/08 at 4:27 pm

You could pick the one that is most relevant or popular or topical....and delete the others.

Written By: nally on 02/10/08 at 4:29 pm

You spelled "thread" wrong. By the way, if they were merged, it WOULD be the longest thread.

Well thanks for pointing that out.
Still, I think I made a fair observation/point in the rest of my post above.

(sits back down)

Written By: Dagwood on 02/10/08 at 4:39 pm

My opinion would be to keep LTE because it has been around longer.

Written By: nally on 02/10/08 at 4:42 pm

Whatever...I still don't want any part of it. I think it has been starting to get too crazy with folks using it to discuss things we already have specific threads for, like who's online right now, jokes, random song lyrics posts...things that do just fine with their own thread.

Written By: Tam on 02/10/08 at 5:07 pm

Good ideas and thoughts so far!

Keep 'em coming!!!

8)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/10/08 at 5:10 pm

Whatever...I still don't want any part of it. I think it has been starting to get too crazy with folks using it to discuss things we already have specific threads for, like who's online right now, jokes, random song lyrics posts...things that do just fine with their own thread.

In today's lesson, Nally learns that the world does not revolve around him and that other penguins have free will.

Written By: Tam on 02/10/08 at 5:13 pm

In today's lesson, Nally learns that the world does not revolve around him and that other penguins have free will.

Rice...................... be nice 8-P ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/10/08 at 5:15 pm

Awwww come on, Nally has a sense of humor, right?  :D :D  And that's what this PPP is about, humor!  Although I choose to put my humor in my own threads of choice ;)  Of course, the random humor threads that make no sense could still be consolidated, but I leave that in your capable hands :)

Written By: Jessica on 02/10/08 at 5:21 pm

Real life > kvetching about threads. :)

I think you take the messageboard way too seriously, dude.

You've watched way too much He-Man Lessons. :D

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/08 at 5:37 pm

Real life > kvetching about threads. :)

I think that's math  8-P

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/10/08 at 5:39 pm

Just for an example and please I am not singling anyone out... I post in every thing so whatever but when I saw the irritating things thread I thought...didn't I just post in the I Hate it When thread last week?  Or what did you have for breakfast today versus the last thing I ate... those are similar. But people post where they want to post so let it be.

Q

Very well thought out post Snoz .... (or should I have said 'snoz'  :-\\ .... Hey yer not Nally ... I mean nally  :P ;)  .... so it's ok ? !  ;D ).

Yes,  and I CAN karma you now !  :-* ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/10/08 at 5:55 pm

Well, see, we're working on it. We didn't try to make it happen in one day.

Besides, it's not nonsensical. It has a purpose, and it's a good place to talk about whatever. If you don't like it, you don't have to go there, but you shouldn't condemn it or have a strong aversion.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/08 at 5:56 pm

My two cents once again-I don't think any thread should be deleted, combined etc. I would just like people to limit creating the same type threads to maybe a few a week or so. Anybody remember when we had the run of "rate this" threads and then the "ask me" threads? Yeah, both led to new sections-which is fine. But, sometimes it just gets a bit too much when people are starting the same type threads all at the same time.

And this is NOT a personal attack on anyone.

Cat

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/10/08 at 6:00 pm

Well, see, we're working on it. We didn't try to make it happen in one day.

Besides, it's not nonsensical. It has a purpose, and it's a good place to talk about whatever. If you don't like it, you don't have to go there, but you shouldn't condemn it or have a strong aversion.

Sweet baby Jesus, Meat said more wise crap!  Did you hit puberty or something?  :o

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/10/08 at 6:07 pm

Sweet baby Jesus, Meat said more wise crap!  Did you hit puberty or something?  :o

:P These things just get me fired up.

MY KIND OF POLITICS!

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/10/08 at 6:09 pm

I haven't posted in LTE in ages ... but have ZERO problem with its existence, or ANY thread, for that matter .....

Heck, even Donnie Darko never bothered me ...

I just go where I wanna go. The only thing .... it would be nice if there were a way to unsubscribe ....I generally have several pages to wade through each morning, of threads that I'm no longer interested in ... but we've been through this before, elsewhere ..... looks like marking a page of items read after viewing topic of interest is best 'work-around'.

Yeah, maybe LTE  WASN'T the longest thread at the time ... but it had the aspiration .... a work in progress .... and it is certainly one of the longest here .... a lot of our history  (not to mention some absolutely waste of time/waste of space  posts by ..... < )  :-[ :P ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/08 at 6:31 pm

I haven't posted in LTE in ages ... but have ZERO problem with its existence, or ANY thread, for that matter .....

Heck, even Donnie Darko never bothered me ...

I just go where I wanna go. The only thing .... it would be nice if there were a way to unsubscribe ....I generally have several pages to wade through each morning, of threads that I'm no longer interested in ... but we've been through this before, elsewhere ..... looks like marking a page of items read after viewing topic of interest is best 'work-around'.

Yeah, maybe LTE  WASN'T the longest thread at the time ... but it had the aspiration .... a work in progress .... and it is certainly one of the longest here .... a lot of our history  (not to mention some absolutely waste of time/waste of space  posts by ..... < )  :-[ :P ;D

yeah like, no offense Philip, I posted a couple of times in the songs without lyrics thread and don't know anymore songs without lyrics. I would  simply remove my replies there but I had a conversation with a couple people there and removing my stuff would make their posts nonsensqual (is that even a word?)

Also I love the word games... name a A-Z, link this, chain that...but there are so many answers that get repeated over and over. I would rather we skip X for name a fictional character than name Xena every single time...yaknowwhatImean?

Also the what song are you listening too now. I post there once...probably whoring myself to make some ridiculous self imposed deadline... but honestly I only listen to music when I walk (so never  :-[ ) and when I drive so I never have anything to put there but I get new replies to it all the time and I love you guys but I'd rather know what you're eating and watching than what you're listening too...

Again my fault for posting in a topic I was going to lose interest in but it would be nice to be able to close the topic off to alerts for new  replies. 

By the same token. There are some topics that I see and think this might be a good one to follow but I don't necessarily have anything to say about it I just want to see what other say. It would be nice to have a button... alert me to new replies for this topic so I don't have to search pages and pages for it when I want to reference later.

whew now I'm tired!

Q

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/10/08 at 6:46 pm

yeah like, no offense Philip, I posted a couple of times in the songs without lyrics thread and don't know anymore songs without lyrics. I would  simply remove my replies there but I had a conversation with a couple people there and removing my stuff would make their posts nonsensqual (is that even a word?)

Also I love the word games... name a A-Z, link this, chain that...but there are so many answers that get repeated over and over. I would rather we skip X for name a fictional character than name Xena every single time...yaknowwhatImean?

Also the what song are you listening too now. I post there once...probably whoring myself to make some ridiculous self imposed deadline... but honestly I only listen to music when I walk (so never  :-Also I love the word games... name a A-Z, link this, chain that...but there are so many answers that get repeated over and over. I would rather we skip X for name a fictional character than name Xena every single time...yaknowwhatImean?
(Yeah .... like Xanadu / Zabadak  for a song, or XTC for a group, ).

and  ....

Also the what song are you listening too now. I post there once...probably whoring myself to make some ridiculous self imposed deadline... but honestly I only listen to music when I walk (so never  Embarrassed ) and when I drive so I never have anything to put there but I get new replies to it all the time and I love you guys but I'd rather know what you're eating and watching than what you're listening too...
Same here  ::)  :(

Re this:

By the same token. There are some topics that I see and think this might be a good one to follow but I don't necessarily have anything to say about it I just want to see what other say. It would be nice to have a button... alert me to new replies for this topic so I don't have to search pages and pages for it when I want to reference later.

There IS an alert me to new replies to this topic option .... but I've never used it here .... have never been THAT bothered to want to be emailed re this.  Maybe if the alert could come similar to a  PM (INTERNALLY) , that would be useful ?

Written By: snozberries on 02/10/08 at 6:59 pm

There IS an alert me to new replies to this topic option .... but I've never used it here .... have never been THAT bothered to want to be emailed re this.  Maybe if the alert could come similar to a  PM (INTERNALLY) , that would be useful ?

surprise I didn't see it... ah well good one down one to go...lets work on getting stop receiving alerts for new replies option

Written By: Tam on 02/10/08 at 7:13 pm

Still unfortunately there appears to be no fix for the "stop" option. I too could use it but as of right now, if you posted in it, you will be told when new posts have been added.

;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/10/08 at 9:20 pm

ok... figures something controversial got proposed while I was working on book #2 this weekend (the deadline I won't meet is tomorrow, which reminds me of a quote by Douglas Adams, "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.")

From what I can skim of the topic, let me make a few statements, clarifications, and observations

1) Merging threads, unless it's a meaningful topic that is the same as an existing thread, shouldn't be done. 

2) Yes I asked for more threads, but I was hoping for threads that could be considered front page worthy.  Something with a little thought behind on it on a subject.

3) Nonsense topics are part of the raison d'être for the PPP.  People should try to only start a few however.  Too many is just annoying.

4) We used to have a policy before the switch to the SMF software three years ago, of locking threads when they got to 20 pages to keep system performance better. This helped to keep things a little more fresh.

5) Maybe super long threads, or threads that manage to stay in the front pages of PPP for a long period of time, should be moved to a new board called "Regular Topics" (only with a more clever board title). How about, Threads That Never Die (even if they should)

6) People need to lighten up a little bit. None of the mods are sitting around waiting for people to screw up so we can punish you.  All of the mods are regular users who made the mistake of volunteering to field whines from people and take care of boring inner board politics and crap most people probably don't care about.

7) We almost never make a decision about how the site should be organized, or changes in policy without putting it up for discussion first.  A lot, and by that I mean almost every single board on the web, do things the opposite of that.  They usually dictate the rules and delete threads left and right.

8 ) Eight, Eight, I forgot what eight was for...

9) If you think the mods here are bad, trying posting somewhere else for awhile.  Going off topic in a thread?  Enjoy a one week ban (unless they warn you the first time).  The harshest thing we do here is a permanent ban, and that's usually reserved for people who you just can't reach.  So you get what we had here last week - which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.  Whoops, went off topic and started quoting a movie... my mistake.

10) Everything, everything, everything...

11) The mods should be treated like they are me, when I'm not here. Heck, they probably spend more time keeping the board working than I do lately. I'm usually the last to know.  Going back to item #9, a lot of sites will ban users for speaking out about something a moderator even did.

12) If it's not something that applies to more than you, posting a thread about something a mod did, is really not cool.  Send a PM to me, and I'll forward it to whoever did the moderation, and they'll let you know why. I can almost guarantee that no one besides you wants to read about it anyways.  This is not directed to anyone in particular, because several people have done it in the past.

13) Be thankful we try to moderate at least a little bit.  Unmoderated boards are the pits, with tons of bickering and pointless crap.  Kind of like what this thread devolved into.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/10/08 at 9:37 pm

^ Actually, making a sub-board for random threads that refuse to die is a great idea :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/10/08 at 9:37 pm

^ Actually, making a sub-board for random threads that refuse to die is a great idea :)

I kind of agree, but it might be hard to decide which threads qualify.

I also think the ones in the PPP would die a lot more quickly this way.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/10/08 at 9:44 pm

Everything dies...if the thread wasn't meant to live forever, it won't :P

Written By: Jessica on 02/10/08 at 9:48 pm

I think Chucky should just delete it all and start fresh. That includes post counts.

And before nally's head explodes, I am just joking. :-*

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/10/08 at 10:01 pm

ok... figures something controversial got proposed while I was working on book #2 this weekend (the deadline I won't meet is tomorrow, which reminds me of a quote by Douglas Adams, "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.")

From what I can skim of the topic, let me make a few statements, clarifications, and observations

1) Merging threads, unless it's a meaningful topic that is the same as an existing thread, shouldn't be done. 

2) Yes I asked for more threads, but I was hoping for threads that could be considered front page worthy.  Something with a little thought behind on it on a subject.

3) Nonsense topics are part of the raison d'être for the PPP.  People should try to only start a few however.  Too many is just annoying.

4) We used to have a policy before the switch to the SMF software three years ago, of locking threads when they got to 20 pages to keep system performance better. This helped to keep things a little more fresh.

5) Maybe super long threads, or threads that manage to stay in the front pages of PPP for a long period of time, should be moved to a new board called "Regular Topics" (only with a more clever board title). How about, Threads That Never Die (even if they should)

6) People need to lighten up a little bit. None of the mods are sitting around waiting for people to screw up so we can punish you.  All of the mods are regular users who made the mistake of volunteering to field whines from people and take care of boring inner board politics and crap most people probably don't care about.

7) We almost never make a decision about how the site should be organized, or changes in policy without putting it up for discussion first.  A lot, and by that I mean almost every single board on the web, do things the opposite of that.  They usually dictate the rules and delete threads left and right.

9) If you think the mods here are bad, trying posting somewhere else for awhile.  Going off topic in a thread?  Enjoy a one week ban (unless they warn you the first time).  The harshest thing we do here is a permanent ban, and that's usually reserved for people who you just can't reach.  So you get what we had here last week - which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.  Whoops, went off topic and started quoting a movie... my mistake.

11) The mods should be treated like they are me, when I'm not here. Heck, they probably spend more time keeping the board working than I do lately. I'm usually the last to know.  Going back to item #9, a lot of sites will ban users for speaking out about something a moderator even did.

12) If it's not something that applies to more than you, posting a thread about something a mod did, is really not cool.  Send a PM to me, and I'll forward it to whoever did the moderation, and they'll let you know why. I can almost guarantee that no one besides you wants to read about it anyways.  This is not directed to anyone in particular, because several people have done it in the past.

13) Be thankful we try to moderate at least a little bit.  Unmoderated boards are the pits, with tons of bickering and pointless crap.  Kind of like what this thread devolved into.

;D ;D ;D

So you get what we had here last week - which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.  Whoops, went off topic and started quoting a movie... my mistake.

My ears are burning .... or at least warm ...  ::)

Just wondering who the 'He' in question might be ....  :-\\  ::)

Since I'm so vain .... like in that Carly Simon song ... and think the whole world revolves around me  ::)  I wish ...  :-I can almost guarantee that no one besides you wants to read about it anyways.
^ Probably right.

^
Agreed !  :)  8)  I don't like to get worked up .... .any more than the next person .... I just HATE that loss of control .... sort of when somebody comes up behind you unexpectedly .... and gets  your heart rate right up !  >:(

Mods SHOULD come in and calm things down ... maybe lock threads when THAT happens !  8)

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/10/08 at 10:06 pm

we can either put up individual threads for a vote, or leave it up to the mods, or set a criteria like, after six months still often posted in, or over 1000 posts.  Or maybe all of the above.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/10/08 at 10:08 pm

^
He's not talking to me anymore.  :-X :\'(

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/10/08 at 10:09 pm

I think Chucky should just delete it all and start fresh. That includes post counts.

And before nally's head explodes, I am just joking. :-*

I would've voted yes.

Chucky's critera seems pretty sensible, for the new board...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/10/08 at 10:10 pm

we can either put up individual threads for a vote, or leave it up to the mods, or set a criteria like, after six months still often posted in, or over 1000 posts.  Or maybe all of the above.

I believe that is a fair measurement of a popular thread.  Six months with at least 10 posts within that time period and 1000+ posts overall, sounds good.

Written By: Tam on 02/10/08 at 10:15 pm

As it was thought that the sport zone would, and food glorious food, and more than a decade....  ???
The joke board - well that was a horse of a different color ;)

Right, and I kind figured that out from the way the replies were going ;)

Right, and I think your idea was taken in a more open sense, where any type of topic was being started.

That's more or less where it has been heading since all this ado. I was also thinking along the lines of The Witless Walrus - using the walrus because they are always after the penguins! LOL

9) If you think the mods here are bad, trying posting somewhere else for awhile.  Going off topic in a thread?  Enjoy a one week ban (unless they warn you the first time).  The harshest thing we do here is a permanent ban, and that's usually reserved for people who you just can't reach.   So you get what we had here last week - which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.  Whoops, went off topic and started quoting a movie... my mistake.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Now, in saying that, does that make me look like I am kissing butt? oOo, I think so! ;D ;D ::)

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/10/08 at 10:26 pm

Right, and I kind figured that out from the way the replies were going ;)
Right, and I think your idea was taken in a more open sense, where any type of topic was being started.
That's more or less where it has been heading since all this ado. I was also thinking along the lines of The Witless Walrus - using the walrus because they are always after the penguins! LOL

you had a good idea... as you mentioned to me elsewhere, you were trying to think of how to solve the issue of too many threads in the PPP without creating more boards.  I'm not against starting new boards, I just want to make sure that they are going to last a long time.  They won't last if they aren't active, I hate messageboards that have thousands of messageboards, and only maybe five active ones.  They're tougher for new members to navigate. 

I think in this case a seperate board will serve us very well.  It gives regular members a place to find their favorite threads, gives newbies an idea of what the most popular threads are (maybe a bad idea), and will let the PPP retain a higher overall turnover of new threads.

Witless Walrus... hmmm.. more alliteration would probably be useful since it would help indicate where the threads are coming from. Not sure about Witless... Walrus would work well with it.

Walrus Waylaid Writings

I'll start a new thread and ask for suggestions.  I think Walrus and two words beginning with the letter W to indicate what it is should be used for the name.

Written By: Tam on 02/10/08 at 10:38 pm

you had a good idea... as you mentioned to me elsewhere, you were trying to think of how to solve the issue of too many threads in the PPP without creating more boards.  I'm not against starting new boards, I just want to make sure that they are going to last a long time.  They won't last if they aren't active, I hate messageboards that have thousands of messageboards, and only maybe five active ones.  They're tougher for new members to navigate. 

I think in this case a seperate board will serve us very well.  It gives regular members a place to find their favorite threads, gives newbies an idea of what the most popular threads are (maybe a bad idea), and will let the PPP retain a higher overall turnover of new threads.

Witless Walrus... hmmm.. more alliteration would probably be useful since it would help indicate where the threads are coming from. Not sure about Witless... Walrus would work well with it.

Walrus Waylaid Writings

I'll start a new thread and ask for suggestions.  I think Walrus and two words beginning with the letter W to indicate what it is should be used for the name.

Witless was the first thing that came to mind, I also had "Where's Walrus" but that just doesn't catch.
I like Walrus Waylaid Writings

Anything to get the congestion out of the PPP 8)

Written By: Red Ant on 02/10/08 at 10:48 pm

I'm all for a new board that includes the most heavily visited PPP threads, but I do want everyone's opinion on this - we want to make this a better place for everyone here and everyone who might join here.

I think Walrus and two words beginning with the letter W to indicate what it is should be used for the name.

World Wide Walruses is my card in the hat.

Ant

Written By: Tam on 02/10/08 at 10:53 pm

World Wide Walruses is my card in the hat.

Ant

Go post it here Ant!!!

Written By: Tam on 02/11/08 at 8:31 pm

Here is something else that I have been thinking about, and that has been brought up to me in a pm or two.

In each of the decades, we have a thread for what song you are currently listening to.
In Penguin Board Games, there is also a thread for what song you are currently listening to.
It has been mentioned that we do not need the thread in PBG, because if you post in the decade, you shouldn't need to go post the same song in a different thread, other than to increase your post count.

What do you think?
Do we need it to remain open just for the sake of post counts, or should it be locked and the respective decade threads be the ones we use?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/11/08 at 9:57 pm

^ Depends on how anal you guys want to be.  If you are super serious about reducing clutter, you should probably consolidate those threads since they're nothing more than a game or another "what the heck are you doing right now" thread clones.  But for new ones that pop up, I doubt you guys as a mod squad ( :D ) have the time or patience to hunt everything down and re-consolidate so I guess you'd have to rely on some of our more anal retentive members to call those to your attention.

Written By: karen on 02/11/08 at 10:05 pm

Here is something else that I have been thinking about, and that has been brought up to me in a pm or two.

In each of the decades, we have a thread for what song you are currently listening to.
In Penguin Board Games, there is also a thread for what song you are currently listening to.
It has been mentioned that we do not need the thread in PBG, because if you post in the decade, you shouldn't need to go post the same song in a different thread, other than to increase your post count.

What do you think?
Do we need it to remain open just for the sake of post counts, or should it be locked and the respective decade threads be the ones we use?

Why not have one thread in the More Than A Decade area?

The times that I think about posting in any of the threads (not often) I am sometimes reluctant to in case I get the wrong year (and therefore decade)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/11/08 at 10:16 pm

The times that I think about posting in any of the threads (not often) I am sometimes reluctant to in case I get the wrong year (and therefore decade)

Yeah, consolidating threads would reduce the number of admonishments one receives for daring to post in the wrong thread!

Written By: karen on 02/11/08 at 10:21 pm

Yeah, consolidating threads would reduce the number of admonishments one receives for daring to post in the wrong thread!

You put this answer in the wrong place!  You should have posted it in the 'pointless whining' thread

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/11/08 at 10:23 pm

You put this answer in the wrong place!  You should have posted it in the 'pointless whining' thread

Dammit!  I fail :\'(

Written By: Tam on 02/11/08 at 10:32 pm

That makes perfect sense!
So I guess I will have to wait until people come back and read again before a decision  is made... of course, I could just go combine them all like Chucky said they do on other boards.... without notice! ;)

Written By: Jessica on 02/11/08 at 10:56 pm

That makes perfect sense!
So I guess I will have to wait until people come back and read again before a decision  is made... of course, I could just go combine them all like Chucky said they do on other boards.... without notice! ;)

Do it. DO IT.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/12/08 at 11:00 am

What? How dare you post a 1979 song in the "What 80s Song Are You Listening To" thread. Have you no DECENCY?

;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/12/08 at 11:03 am

What? How dare you post a 1979 song in the "What 80s Song Are You Listening To" thread. Have you no DECENCY?

yesh... I hope a lot of those kinds of people aren't buying my 80s Misheard lyrics book, because I'm including a bunch of 1979 songs in it (because they were still on the charts in 1980)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/12/08 at 11:25 am

yesh... I hope a lot of those kinds of people aren't buying my 80s Misheard lyrics book, because I'm including a bunch of 1979 songs in it (because they were still on the charts in 1980)

At least you got my sarcasm.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: karen on 02/12/08 at 1:20 pm

:o

I bet you have to write an erratum to the book at some point  ::)

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/12/08 at 1:23 pm

:o

I bet you have to write an erratum to the book at some point  ::)

There were three mistakes in the first one I found after it went to press, and no one ever said anything about it. 

I'm going to try and cover it in the intro to the book, that there's some 1979 songs because they fit with the rest of the decade.

Written By: Jessica on 02/12/08 at 1:30 pm

YOU FIEND!!!!

:D

Written By: snozberries on 02/14/08 at 9:32 pm

um... haven't we gone off topic???

Just kidding!  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/14/08 at 9:42 pm

um... haven't we gone off topic???

Just kidding!   ;D

Only the 238490237492834723 person to say that! GET WITH THE PROGRAM! Sheesh!

Check for new replies or respond here...