inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help on Florida Trip

Written By: danootaandme on 02/12/08 at 11:03 am

Next week we are going to Florida, we are taking the train to Orlando then driving to Key Largo.  That is a five hour drive, and I would like to know where along the way would be the best place to stop for an hour or two to break up the ride.  It would be nice if there was a beach with a boardwalk with shops, an arcade.  Anyone know anyplace good?  (I have to add we are an interracial couple and that still counts in many places)

Subject: Re: Help on Florida Trip

Written By: KKay on 02/12/08 at 12:40 pm

there is a huge mall in West palm...but you are probably not taking 95 if you're leaving from orlando.  there are so many great stops...my favorites are actually in the opposite direction, not south of your starting point.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/12/08 at 12:52 pm

...if wet, walk up and down the corridor of the train?

Written By: danootaandme on 02/12/08 at 2:17 pm

...if wet, walk up and down the corridor of the train?

oh ho ho ho!!  That's so funny I forgot to laugh.  ::)  Actually I'm looking for after we get off of the train.  We are getting off in Orlando at about 11AM, then it is a five hour drive to Key Largo.  I figure we can stop half way and spend an hour or two somewhere in between. It does have us getting on Rt. 95 at Fort Pierce.  We aren't interested in a mall, more a beach area with food, shops and arcades.

Written By: karen on 02/12/08 at 2:40 pm

There looks to be some parks and things on the coast at Fort Pierce.  One or two off route 68/route 1

Written By: danootaandme on 02/13/08 at 6:02 am

Looks like we will stop in Ft. Lauderdale for a respite from the driving.  it is touristy, which means it will probably have everything we need.  I was hoping for someplace less crowded, but since we don't know the area it is best we stop there.

Check for new replies or respond here...