inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rules, rules...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/21/08 at 10:23 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/agreement.shtml

Oh yeah, you remember when we signed up and had to agree to follow these rules?

Seems someone is ignoring rule #1 in the PPP even after we set up the Walrus board.

That makes me a sad panda.

Subject: Re: Rules, rules...

Written By: Midas on 02/21/08 at 10:33 am

http://www.spscriptorium.com/Season3/PeteySexualHarassmentPanda.gif

Written By: Tia on 02/21/08 at 10:44 am

http://pics.livejournal.com/chubbypanda/pic/004pptq7

he appears to be eating rice. conspiracy? probably. although there's a chance he may be eating alphabet soup. ;)

Written By: gemini on 02/21/08 at 11:15 am

http://pics.livejournal.com/chubbypanda/pic/004pptq7
although there's a chance he may be eating alphabet soup. ;)

Hahaha!  ;D Crap, was that a postwhorey response?  :-X

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/21/08 at 11:59 am

Has anyone broken rule #8 yet?

Written By: Tam on 02/21/08 at 12:21 pm

It is/has been discussed and I think basically what is going to happen now is that the PPP will be moderated more and the repetitive topics are just going to be deleted. Sucks, I know, but it is better than putting a lock on members and having to approve every single post and new thread before it gets sent to the boards.

That being said, I quoted Chucky from the other thread. The new threads he is looking for are to be more front page worthy and too many of the same type of threads are just plain annoying. W.o.W. was created to send the topics that won't die to - in order to decrease clutter and nonesense in the PPP - not to open it up for even more.

Now I am a sad Panda cause it is just going to make more work for myself and the other mods. :(

ok... figures something controversial got proposed while I was working on book #2 this weekend (the deadline I won't meet is tomorrow, which reminds me of a quote by Douglas Adams, "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.")

From what I can skim of the topic, let me make a few statements, clarifications, and observations

1) Merging threads, unless it's a meaningful topic that is the same as an existing thread, shouldn't be done. 

2) Yes I asked for more threads, but I was hoping for threads that could be considered front page worthy.  Something with a little thought behind on it on a subject.

3) Nonsense topics are part of the raison d'être for the PPP.  People should try to only start a few however.  Too many is just annoying.

4) We used to have a policy before the switch to the SMF software three years ago, of locking threads when they got to 20 pages to keep system performance better. This helped to keep things a little more fresh.

5) Maybe super long threads, or threads that manage to stay in the front pages of PPP for a long period of time, should be moved to a new board called "Regular Topics" (only with a more clever board title). How about, Threads That Never Die (even if they should)

6) People need to lighten up a little bit. None of the mods are sitting around waiting for people to screw up so we can punish you.  All of the mods are regular users who made the mistake of volunteering to field whines from people and take care of boring inner board politics and crap most people probably don't care about.

7) We almost never make a decision about how the site should be organized, or changes in policy without putting it up for discussion first.  A lot, and by that I mean almost every single board on the web, do things the opposite of that.  They usually dictate the rules and delete threads left and right.

8 ) Eight, Eight, I forgot what eight was for...

9) If you think the mods here are bad, trying posting somewhere else for awhile.  Going off topic in a thread?  Enjoy a one week ban (unless they warn you the first time).  The harshest thing we do here is a permanent ban, and that's usually reserved for people who you just can't reach.  So you get what we had here last week - which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.  Whoops, went off topic and started quoting a movie... my mistake.

10) Everything, everything, everything...

11) The mods should be treated like they are me, when I'm not here. Heck, they probably spend more time keeping the board working than I do lately. I'm usually the last to know.  Going back to item #9, a lot of sites will ban users for speaking out about something a moderator even did.

12) If it's not something that applies to more than you, posting a thread about something a mod did, is really not cool.  Send a PM to me, and I'll forward it to whoever did the moderation, and they'll let you know why. I can almost guarantee that no one besides you wants to read about it anyways.  This is not directed to anyone in particular, because several people have done it in the past.

13) Be thankful we try to moderate at least a little bit.  Unmoderated boards are the pits, with tons of bickering and pointless crap.  Kind of like what this thread devolved into.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/21/08 at 12:25 pm

Yay mods!

Written By: Jessica on 02/21/08 at 12:32 pm

Hahaha!  ;D Crap, was that a postwhorey response?  :-X

YES! YOU SUCK!

Just kidding. ;D

Written By: gemini on 02/21/08 at 12:44 pm

YES! YOU SUCK!

Hey!! All caps? That's a no no according to chucky's messageboard etiquette video  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 02/21/08 at 12:47 pm

Hey!! All caps? That's a no no according to chucky's messageboard etiquette video  ;D

Ooops. ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/21/08 at 12:54 pm

Oh well, at least you're not starting 80000 threads on decadology or touting your familiarity with the alphabet :)

Written By: Jessica on 02/21/08 at 12:55 pm

Oh well, at least you're not starting 80000 threads on decadology or touting your familiarity with the alphabet :)

saosirehbnoiratherwti;ohglkndsfahgorehgkj

Sorry, Jason was typing.

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/21/08 at 1:00 pm

It is/has been discussed and I think basically what is going to happen now is that the PPP will be moderated more and the repetitive topics are just going to be deleted. Sucks, I know, but it is better than putting a lock on members and having to approve every single post and new thread before it gets sent to the boards.

That being said, I quoted Chucky from the other thread. The new threads he is looking for are to be more front page worthy and too many of the same type of threads are just plain annoying. W.o.W. was created to send the topics that won't die to - in order to decrease clutter and nonesense in the PPP - not to open it up for even more.

Now I am a sad Panda cause it is just going to make more work for myself and the other mods. :(

I <3 you,Tam :-*

Written By: Dagwood on 02/21/08 at 1:11 pm

Has anyone broken rule #8 yet?

I break 8 all the time. :D

Thanks, Tam. :)

Written By: Midas on 02/21/08 at 1:18 pm

saosirehbnoiratherwti;ohglkndsfahgorehgkj

Sorry, Jason was typing.

I see Jason's very familiar with the alphabet.  :D ;D

On topic, good post, Tam! :)

Written By: wsmith4 on 02/21/08 at 3:22 pm

I'm not want to break rules
I'm want to be good
Me no speak English
Me no understand rules
I'm not want to cause sad
I'm not want to cause mad
I'm not want people mad to me
Me want funny

Written By: Tam on 02/21/08 at 4:15 pm

Thanks everyone!

I do what I do because I like to do it...
But don't make me not like to do it because then doing it makes it harder on those that did it first! :D ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/21/08 at 5:22 pm

Ok,Who's breaking the rules?  ???

Written By: Jessica on 02/21/08 at 5:35 pm

That person over there.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/21/08 at 5:35 pm

Ok, I admit it, it was me.  I keep breaking #8. :D

Written By: gemini on 02/21/08 at 5:36 pm

I saw you do that, but I was keeping it a secret  :-X

Written By: Dagwood on 02/21/08 at 5:37 pm

I saw you do that, but I was keeping it a secret  :-X

My guilt got to me. ;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/21/08 at 5:37 pm

Certain members who are obsessed with the alphabet and starting useless threads that continue to drown out other threads that other members would like to participate in.  

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/21/08 at 5:38 pm

Everybody ALWAYS breaks rule #8.

Cat

Written By: Tam on 02/21/08 at 5:43 pm

Everybody ALWAYS breaks rule #8.

Cat

As a matter of fact - I just saw you break it too!!!!! ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/21/08 at 5:47 pm

As a matter of fact - I just saw you break it too!!!!! ;D

That wasn't me. That was my evil twin.

Cat

Written By: Tam on 02/21/08 at 5:50 pm

That wasn't me. That was my evil twin.

Cat

Evil twin huh?
I understand.....

In that case a new rule will now be enforced! A member will take full responsibility for the actions of their EVIL TWIN!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/21/08 at 5:52 pm

Evil twin huh?
I understand.....

In that case a new rule will now be enforced! A member will take full responsibility for the actions of their EVIL TWIN!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh man. I hate when that happens.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/21/08 at 6:00 pm

That person over there.

I don't know who that person is over there.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/21/08 at 6:00 pm

Well, go introduce yourself, Howard.  You might get along. ;)

Written By: Howard on 02/21/08 at 6:06 pm

Well, go introduce yourself, Howard.  You might get along. ;)

No Thank You. ;D

Written By: Jessica on 02/21/08 at 10:32 pm

No Thank You. ;D

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????????

Written By: Howard on 02/22/08 at 10:14 am

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????????

I don't know why.

Written By: Tia on 02/22/08 at 10:15 am

I don't know why.
you need to step up, howard. give her a dip, plant a juicy one on her, make her your lady. :P

Written By: Howard on 02/22/08 at 10:17 am

you need to step up, howard. give her a dip, plant a juicy one on her, make her your lady. :P

No Thanks I'll wait a while before I date again.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/22/08 at 1:29 pm

wait, there are rules?  ???

never read em, don't feel like reading em, if I violate them, then punish me accordingly  8)       
ahh, it feels good to be a rebel  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/23/08 at 9:51 pm

wait, there are rules? 

"This isn’t ‘Nam, Smokey.  This is bowling.  There are rules!"
  - The Dude

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/23/08 at 10:31 pm

No Thanks I'll wait a while before I date again.

Don't date, just have sex. =)

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/24/08 at 1:13 am

Don't date, just have sex. =)

Admiral Ackbar politely suggests that you review the child support laws that apply in your jurisdiction.  Heed well his wisdom.

Check for new replies or respond here...