inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Young Soul or Old Soul?

Written By: Tia on 02/22/08 at 8:53 pm

If you believe in reincarnation -- which i happen to -- it holds that some spirits have been around only a few times, and others have been around many times. "young souls" are relatively new to the universe (regardless of their physical age this time around) and so tend to be more emotional, more astonished and transported by the workings of the world at large, more idealistic about where we're headed collectively, more in tune with the mystery of existence.

older souls are more aware of the intricacies of the way the universe works, more likely to believe that no one guides existence ourside (sorry, "outside" i meant) of us. older souls are more likely to acknowledge atrocities and less likely to believe in propagandistic ideals when they're used to justify things like unnecessary wars. but they are also more likely to believe that our souls are created for a purpose and are headed someplace in particular. at least that's my belief. and i also think older souls are more likely to find connections that endure beyond particular incarnations, which is true love.

what say ye?

Subject: Re: Young Soul or Old Soul?

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/22/08 at 9:33 pm

What if you feel as if you're... neither? :O

Written By: Tam on 02/22/08 at 9:41 pm

Excellent thread idea Mike!!!

Personally, I believe that I am an Old Soul. (But to know me in person you wouldn't think so) ;)
I sometimes have this wisdom that comes out of nowhere, like an understanding of more than I thought I had.

My Noma (grandmother) was 100% Algonquin Indian. She taught me many things, but the one thing that remains to the point where I can still hear her voice clear as a bell, was her teaching on Souls. She said The Creator made many, many souls, and when they were placed on earth, they would spilt and fly off in different directions, ultimately losing one another to the point where their purpose became to find their other half - or if you will - Their Soul Mate. Of course, during their travels, they will learn many things, see many things, and return many things to the earth, but once they found their other half, they were content. Unfortunately, they would be split again because both souls can only die at the exact same time in order for there to be an end. So if a spouse dies, that piece of the soul is again released, beginning the new mission to find it's other half.... so on and so forth.

And Deja Vu - Noma said that is because your soul is already familiar with it - because your soul has already done it before.

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/23/08 at 4:36 am

I think i'm a young soul who wants to be a old soul...

I'm an optimist but not by choice,my life would be a lot easier if i was wiser and realistic but i'm a dreamer so i keep getting burned.

Written By: Howard on 02/23/08 at 6:36 am

I'm an old soul.

Written By: KKay on 02/23/08 at 7:13 am

i've thought i'm an old soul.....jsut choosing not to act like one.

Written By: Gis on 02/23/08 at 7:17 am

Definatly an old soul. I too believe in reincarnation. I believe every soul has one lifetime in which to learn and achieve things. That lifetime spans many of what we call lives so it can be many different people through many ages.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/23/08 at 10:17 am

You can see old souls in a persons eyes. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/23/08 at 10:54 am

I think I'm a middle-aged soul.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/23/08 at 1:21 pm

I prefer the sound of the old soul.

Written By: Bobby on 02/23/08 at 2:01 pm

I actually pushed for 'old soul' in the end but I probably am a parodox of the two.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/23/08 at 2:10 pm

May are soul be clear at all times.

Written By: ladybug316 on 02/23/08 at 2:16 pm

Oddly enough, I don't think I'm an old soul but I do feel that about my daughter; she was just born older.

Also, regarding reincarnation: my friends younger brother, who was about 5 at the time, would always say "I used to drive a truck" and eluding to things beyond his comprehension.  He was not at all pretending and it was very creepy to hear from such a young child.

Written By: Dominic L. on 02/23/08 at 5:10 pm

Oddly enough, I don't think I'm an old soul but I do feel that about my daughter; she was just born older.

Also, regarding reincarnation: my friends younger brother, who was about 5 at the time, would always say "I used to drive a truck" and eluding to things beyond his comprehension.  He was not at all pretending and it was very creepy to hear from such a young child.

Your daughter's older than you? XD

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/08 at 6:26 pm

I'm a young soul... I have a distinct feeling that my soul was around in the 50s I think I might have died as a teenager in a car accident but I don't feel anything before that.

Written By: ladybug316 on 02/23/08 at 7:33 pm

Your daughter's older than you? XD
Maybe so in a cosmic sense.  She might have been sent to me to teach me a thing or two  ;).

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/23/08 at 9:19 pm

older souls are more aware of the intricacies of the way the universe works, more likely to believe that no one guides existence ourside (sorry, "outside" i meant) of us. older souls are more likely to acknowledge atrocities and less likely to believe in propagandistic ideals when they're used to justify things like unnecessary wars. but they are also more likely to believe that our souls are created for a purpose and are headed someplace in particular. 

Intricacies of the way the universe works:  Geometry that drives hairless apes insane on sight.  Check.

No one guides existence outside of us:  Me and the crawling chaos go back a long ways.  Check.

More likely to acknowledge atrocities:  Well, yeah, but we call it "lunch".  Check.

...insteald of believing in the justifications for unnecessary wars:  Sometimes we feel like ordering in and letting someone else do the cooking.  Check.

Souls created for a purpose, have a destination:  We already told you about lunch.  Check.

Reincarnation:  (What is this, the food messageboard?)  Yes, sometimes we burp after lunch, just like you! What of it? Check!

"Eldritch" still fits under the category of "old", yes?  At last, a non-lunch question!  *raises seaweed-draped tentacle, gives squishy mouse click!*

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/24/08 at 12:27 am

definitely an old soul.

Check for new replies or respond here...