inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Screen saver always blanks out right when I'm returning to the computer

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/28/08 at 3:14 pm

Almost without fail, I will be walking back to my computer to resume work after an interruption, and that's the exact moment the screen saver kicks in and shuts off the monitor.

I noticed the same thing happens with the auto-starter on my car.  It runs for 7 minutes.  At least three times in the past month it's shut off as I either opened the door or when I sit down in the seat.

There needs to be a name for that.

Subject: Re: Screen saver always blanks out right when I'm returning to the computer

Written By: Tia on 02/28/08 at 3:25 pm

that happens to me. it's particularly annoying when you have to log back in with a password, like i do a lot at work. i sit there and grumble and shake the mouse around, really begrudging having to type the password back in cuz i'm like, i shouldn't have to do this! to make matters worse, sometimes if you just catch it it won't make you type the password back in, sometimes it does. >:(

Subject: Re: Screen saver always blanks out right when I'm returning to the computer

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/28/08 at 3:33 pm

Almost without fail, I will be walking back to my computer to resume work after an interruption, and that's the exact moment the screen saver kicks in and shuts off the monitor.

I noticed the same thing happens with the auto-starter on my car.  It runs for 7 minutes.  At least three times in the past month it's shut off as I either opened the door or when I sit down in the seat.

Murphy's Law of computers?

Is it possible to change the setting on your computer as to when the screen saver will kick in? I think mine is set for 10 minutes.

Cat

Written By: karen on 02/28/08 at 3:45 pm

Don't complain too loudly.  I think they all belong to the same union.  Next thing you know the toast will 'pop' the moment you walk away.

Written By: Tia on 02/28/08 at 3:49 pm

the bus will come the second you decide to duck into the 7-11 for a bag of chips. :P

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/28/08 at 6:32 pm

Murphy's Law of computers?

The existing Murphy's Law applies nicely to situations like, the software release to client is due tomorrow, which is why the server crashed today. This is more like minor irritations

Is it possible to change the setting on your computer as to when the screen saver will kick in? I think mine is set for 10 minutes.

Yes, I have it set for different lengths of time for home and work, and yet it still happens at both places.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/28/08 at 6:46 pm

There is: "Jetta"!  :D

Ant

Check for new replies or respond here...