inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Forgetfulness

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/03/08 at 11:52 am

Have any of you had any crazy moments where something that is so everyday...just totally slips your mind? Like..you CANNOT think of it for the life of you? OMG..the other day, I totally forgot my phone number. I remembered the area code and the first 3 numbers...but I could NOT remember the last 4 numbers correctly. I thought I was going mad. I had to actually look up my phone number on this phone list that I have. How insane is that? :o :D

Subject: Re: Forgetfulness

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/03/08 at 12:06 pm

Have any of you had any crazy moments where something that is so everyday...just totally slips your mind? Like..you CANNOT think of it for the life of you? OMG..the other day, I totally forgot my phone number. I remembered the area code and the first 3 numbers...but I could NOT remember the last 4 numbers correctly. I thought I was going mad. I had to actually look up my phone number on this phone list that I have. How insane is that? :o :D

Do I know you?

:D ;D ;D ;D

I actually had that happen to me-when Carlos first asked me out. I was going to give him my phone number and just couldn't remember it. He knew the prefix so once he gave that to me, the rest came to me. But man, I was totally embarrassed.  :-[ I'm sure he was probably thinking that I was a such ditz that I couldn't remember my own phone number.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Red Ant on 03/03/08 at 4:00 pm

I am really bad with forgetting names - I always have been.

When I got my new cell phone last year I called about ten of my friends right away. That way if (when) I forgot my number, I could call one of them and get it.  ;D

Ant

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/03/08 at 5:31 pm

I am really bad with forgetting names - I always have been.

When I got my new cell phone last year I called about ten of my friends right away. That way if (when) I forgot my number, I could call one of them and get it.  ;D

Ant

But you need to remember THEIR numbers-unless it is programed into the phone.

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 03/03/08 at 5:49 pm

Welcome to my world  ::)

Written By: loki 13 on 03/03/08 at 5:52 pm

I know my bank account number, my drivers license number and my social security number but I do
not know my cell phone number. I never call my cell phone so I never bothered to memorize it. If I
need to give it out I just push a button on the phone and it comes up.

I often go into rooms and forget why I went in there. There were also times I went to the store for a specific
item and came home with things other than what I went to the store for.

Written By: whistledog on 03/03/08 at 6:52 pm

That night I went out on a date, I was still so excited about it the next morning, I couldn't for the life of me find my keys.  I keep my keys on a lanyard, and they were hanging around my neck.  For about an hour I looked for them and they were around my neck all the time LOL

Written By: Dagwood on 03/03/08 at 6:55 pm

That night I went out on a date, I was still so excited about it the next morning, I couldn't for the life of me find my keys.  I keep my keys on a lanyard, and they were hanging around my neck.  For about an hour I looked for them and they were around my neck all the time LOL

Been there, done that.  I have been known to switch my keys from hand to hand to free a hand to look for my keys. :D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/03/08 at 11:42 pm

Woo hoo!!!! So I'm not actually going crazy afterall.  That kinda stuff happens to other people too.

Today, I was driving, I knew where I was going, everything was swell, but then I drove right past it. 

I mentioned in another thread here somewhere that I've been having trouble breathing lately because I FORGET to breathe.  One more thing I gotta worry about. 

Written By: Tam on 03/03/08 at 11:45 pm

One of my biggest forgetful moments has to do with my glasses.

Searching for the better part of an hour for them, and they were on top of my head. Common thing I know - but I do it at least ONCE a day!

^^ Keys? I need to buy a keychain that beeps when you clap because I never can find my keys when I need them! ;D

Written By: ninny on 03/03/08 at 11:58 pm

I forgot what day of the month it was (Damn Leap Year), so I called my dad up Monday and wished him a Happy Birthday,he said "thanks but my birthday is Tuesday"...boy did I feel dumb.

Written By: KKay on 03/04/08 at 7:02 am

someone once said "you know when you walk in to a room and you forget why you went in there?  i think that's what dogs do all day."

It sure is what i do all day.  Where i work, i have an office that is not within the main doors of the rest of the place...and i have to walk in and out of this big wooden door a thousasnd times a day and half of that is really useless....

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/04/08 at 12:23 pm

I forgot what day of the month it was (Damn Leap Year), so I called my dad up Monday and wished him a Happy Birthday,he said "thanks but my birthday is Tuesday"...boy did I feel dumb.

Reminds me to call my dad tomorrow to wish him a happy birthday.

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/04/08 at 1:40 pm

I know my bank account number, my drivers license number and my social security number but I do
not know my cell phone number. I never call my cell phone so I never bothered to memorize it. If I
need to give it out I just push a button on the phone and it comes up.

I often go into rooms and forget why I went in there. There were also times I went to the store for a specific
item and came home with things other than what I went to the store for.

You sound a lot like me!  ;D

Written By: KKay on 03/04/08 at 1:40 pm

i called someone today at work. she said 'yes? you called me!"...i said i had to call her back. duh

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/04/08 at 1:41 pm

Reminds me to call my dad tomorrow to wish him a happy birthday.

Cat

And I need to remember to call my brother tomorrow, as it'll also be his birthday (he'll be turning 45)!  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/04/08 at 3:16 pm

And I need to remember to call my brother tomorrow, as it'll also be his birthday (he'll be turning 45)!  :D

45? Um... :-X  My dad will be turning 75.  :o :o :o

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/04/08 at 3:53 pm

Sometimes I'm forgetting my keys or my wallet,I must be losing my mind. ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 03/04/08 at 5:42 pm

Sometimes I'm forgetting my keys or my wallet,I must be losing my mind. ::)

Nah, Howard, you are just human.

Written By: loki 13 on 03/04/08 at 6:07 pm

This was today's fiasco:

My wife asked me to mail some bills, the mail box is on the corner about a block away. So I asked Autumn,
my 2 year old granddaughter, if she wanted to take a walk. We looked at the birds, watched the squirrels
run up and down a tree, threw some stones on the railroad tracks and threw sticks in a puddle. When I
got home my wife asked, "Did you put the bills in the mail box," Damn, out the door I went.  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/04/08 at 7:33 pm

what's my cell phone#  ???

I forgot stuff all the time, especially names. My wife and her friends tease me because i can never remember anyones birthdays. I know Diane's, Julie's, and of course mine  ;) 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/04/08 at 9:23 pm

This was today's fiasco:

My wife asked me to mail some bills, the mail box is on the corner about a block away. So I asked Autumn,
my 2 year old granddaughter, if she wanted to take a walk. We looked at the birds, watched the squirrels
run up and down a tree, threw some stones on the railroad tracks and threw sticks in a puddle. When I
got home my wife asked, "Did you put the bills in the mail box," Damn, out the door I went.  ;D

speaking of mailing bills...a few years ago I was going to head to the post office to mail some bills...I put the bills on top of my car, to get Vaughn in his carseat..and you guessed it...I forgot about them and drove off with them on top of my roof. Needless to day, I found all but one...they were scattered all over my little town...some of them stayed on my car pretty far. ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/05/08 at 7:16 am

Sometimes I forget where I put things,either they're upstairs or downstairs,I must be losing it. ::) ;D

Written By: statsqueen on 03/05/08 at 10:14 am

45? Um... :-X  My dad will be turning 75.  :o :o :o

Cat

My dad will be 78 this June.

As far as forgetting, I'm just happy to know that I'm not the only one who forgets my phone number (be it home or cell).  My defense is that I never have to call either one.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 03/05/08 at 10:17 am

i called someone today at work. she said 'yes? you called me!"...i said i had to call her back. duh

Ha ha.

Er . . . What's this thread about again?

I nearly put my Simpsons DVD box set in the fridge this past week. I was making a cup of tea and burning MP4s at the same time. Talk about frozen assets.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/06/08 at 7:18 am

Ha ha.

Er . . . What's this thread about again?

I nearly put my Simpsons DVD box set in the fridge this past week. I was making a cup of tea and burning MP4s at the same time. Talk about frozen assets.  ;D

Are you having a case of dementia,Bob?

Written By: Bobby on 03/06/08 at 8:26 am

Are you having a case of dementia,Bob?

Yeah, my braincells aren't what they used to be.  ;D

Written By: adagio on 03/06/08 at 9:48 pm

At your age?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/06/08 at 10:38 pm

I forgot when my Mom's birthday was this year.  Called her two days early.  She's very forgiven now that she realizes I've become an old lady.

Written By: Howard on 03/07/08 at 6:48 am

Sometimes I forget what day it is.

Written By: Gis on 03/07/08 at 3:01 pm

One of my biggest forgetful moments has to do with my glasses.

Searching for the better part of an hour for them, and they were on top of my head. Common thing I know - but I do it at least ONCE a day!

^^ Keys? I need to buy a keychain that beeps when you clap because I never can find my keys when I need them! ;D
My Mum does that with her glasses all the time, she's even done it when they are on her face!  ;D

My memory is shocking but as my friend Soo says 'Every day is a new day'  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/11/08 at 1:17 pm

I couldn't remember my area code the other day.  I was leaving a message and I gave my home number with are code and I was about to give my cell number and I couldn't remember the area code that I had just give two seconds earlier...I know I was like "ummmm, just call my home number". 

While in New York visiting my family I left my wallet sitting on top of the car, a few days later everything but the cash turned up at the post office. 

One day I went to Rite-aid and purchases a bunch of stuff, took the kids and the shooping cart to the car, got both kids strapped in and drove away, as I was pulling out of the parking lot I saw the shopping cart still full of all my stuff, sitting in the lot.

I went to Blockbuster to return movies, got all the way there and realized they were still at home.

I make a list for the store and leave it in the car OR I'll go to the store for one thing in particular, spend a bunch of money on other stuff and realize that when I get home I've forgotten the one thing I went for.

But even with all the stupid stuff I forget it's not as bad as this...
One day I was picking Hunter up from school, a father came to pick up his daughter.  On this day he has his 12 month old son with him.  As I was putting Hunter into the car seat I saw his teacher come running out with the little boy in her arms.  Apparently the dad picked up the daughter and forgot his son in the classroom.

Written By: Howard on 03/11/08 at 2:50 pm

I forget where I leave things.

Check for new replies or respond here...