inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: PDA?!! OMG...get a room!! ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/18/08 at 9:37 pm

Ok...I don't know about you all...but I can't stand to see public displays of affection. I'm not talking about a simple kiss..or a couple holding hands, etc...those kinds of things are nice...but OMG, sometimes I will see people who are doing everything but the actual act....right out in public. I hate seeing people groping each other while standing on the street, in a store...anywhere. I was at the store about a month ago, and I needed to go in the makeup aisle...well, right in the middle was a couple..all holding onto each other, as if they had only an hour to live. OMG. I was so pissed...I pushed my cart past them and was like, "get a friggin room!" ::)

Then...we have this couple at our church, they are both in their late 40's or so...and they just recently got married. This was like the woman's first marriage and stuff...and I understand that they are happy and in love...but for the LOVE OF GOD....when you see them it looks like they are conjoined twins. ::) They are like constantly glued together...ALL THE TIME. Let me tell you...I would hate to be a fly on their wall. 8-P

So, what about you guys...are you guilty of making out in public...or does it make you as sick as it does me?

Subject: Re: PDA?!! OMG...get a room!! ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 03/18/08 at 9:42 pm

I think a peck on the cheek or holding hands or walking with arms around each other is ok.  Full on kissing or making out needs to be outlawed in public.  I don't want to see it. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/18/08 at 9:46 pm

I hate it when they're offended that you're offended.  I see that kind of crap a lot on the public bus.  I believe that their should be at least 6 inches to a foot between even the closest couple in public.

Written By: KKay on 03/18/08 at 9:47 pm

it does not really bother me. if i were younger I'd engage in it...not any longer, though.

as long as you're dressed and not near kids, you can do it.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/18/08 at 9:47 pm

I absolutely HATE when I see a guy rubbing a girl's butt...that is so gross!! 8-P ::)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/18/08 at 9:57 pm

A little bit is ok, but too much and then I'm thinking I really do not want to be subjected to a makeout session in public, but that's because I would not make out in public, although when i was younger I'd do just about anything in public  ::)  but now I prefer privacy for my intimate moments although i will kiss Di in public,  wherever, in church, anywhere, I don't care, but just a simple kiss, no tongue in public.
I say, if you're that horny in public, GET A FRIGGIN ROOM AND GET TO RAMMIN!

Written By: Red Ant on 03/19/08 at 5:14 am

A little bit is ok, but too much and then I'm thinking I really do not want to be subjected to a makeout session in public, but that's because I would not make out in public, although when i was younger I'd do just about anything in public  ::)   but now I prefer privacy for my intimate moments although i will kiss Di in public,  wherever, in church, anywhere, I don't care, but just a simple kiss, no tongue in public.
I say, if you're that horny in public, GET A FRIGGIN ROOM AND GET TO RAMMIN!

when you see them it looks like they are conjoined twins. ::)

Hahahaha!

In public, Nicole and I will sometimes kiss, and we usually hold hands, but that's about it.

Of course, covert PDAs are always fun. "Covert, you say?" Yes: it's amazing how much two can get away with when seated at a booth in the back corner of a dimly lit restaurant, or while inside a dark tunnel on a roller coaster...

IOW, we're looking for chances to be somewhat naughty in public, but try to avoid being observed or detected... for everyone's well-being.  ;D

Ant

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/08 at 5:20 am

There was once a couple kissing and groping on a Tube Train, in a crowded carriage too. Okay, I thought it's only natural, probably they had not seen each other for awhile...

...but the couple were two women, it made it worse.

Written By: Howard on 03/19/08 at 5:57 am

I save my PDA(Private Display Of Affection) at home and keep it there. ;)

Written By: Howard on 03/19/08 at 5:58 am

I absolutely HATE when I see a guy rubbing a girl's butt...that is so gross!! 8-P ::)

doesn't bother me. ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/08 at 5:59 am

It depends on where you stand.

Written By: Howard on 03/19/08 at 6:04 am

It depends on where you stand.

You could be sitting down and that could happen.

Written By: whistledog on 03/19/08 at 8:21 am

About 2 years ago in a Salvation Army Thrift Shop, I witnessed a man massaging his girlfriend's breast right in plain view, then they started to kiss passionately.  I was like WTF?

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/19/08 at 9:33 am

This especially counts for self-love!  Once you've seen someone pleasuring themselves on the NY subway, it will put you right off your food.    8-P 8-P

Written By: ninny on 03/19/08 at 9:33 am

This would depend on how far they were going to take it,kissing, hugging,some butt rubbing I can stand,but if he starts putting his hands down her shirt,or pants then that's a little too much for me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/08 at 9:44 am

This would depend on how far they were going to take it,kissing, hugging,some butt rubbing I can stand,but if he starts putting his hands down her shirt,or pants then that's a little too much for me.
..."Quick nurse the screens!"

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/19/08 at 9:49 am

This especially counts for self-love!  Once you've seen someone pleasuring themselves on the NY subway, it will put you right off your food.    8-P 8-P

OMG are you serious?! EWWWW! 8-P

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/08 at 9:50 am

Oh dear...

I think I once heard those sounds in a cinema once.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/19/08 at 9:58 am

Oh dear...

I think I once heard those sounds in a cinema once.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5039/peeweehermanuq3.jpg

Written By: Midas on 03/19/08 at 1:12 pm

...kissing and groping on a Tube Train,...

*snicker*

Eh, I just look the other way if it bothers me.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/19/08 at 1:13 pm

I grab the wife's ass all the time.  She acts mad but I know she loves it.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/19/08 at 1:14 pm

Did you hear about the lady who is suing and airline because the guy next to her was pleasuring himself the entire flight?  I would look for the story but I really don't want to google that.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/19/08 at 1:15 pm

Did you hear about the lady who is suing and airline because the guy next to her was pleasuring himself the entire flight?  I would look for the story but I really don't want to google that.

He must have been REALLY bored :D :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/19/08 at 1:40 pm

The most Carlos & I do is hold hands, a few quick smooches, and many times my hand is on his leg or something like that. The biggest kiss we have ever done in public was when we got married.  ;)

There was one time, we went to a local lake to go fishing. There were two other cars there (1 had an out of state license plate) but no one in sight. We then noticed a couple behind a bush-and you can guess what they were doing.  :D ;D ;D We kind of tip-toed out of there to give them their privacy-even though if they wanted privacy, they could have gone further into the woods or got a room.  :D

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/08 at 2:10 pm

There was one time, we went to a local lake to go fishing. There were two other cars there (1 had an out of state license plate) but no one in sight. We then noticed a couple behind a bush-and you can guess what they were doing.  :D ;D ;D We kind of tip-toed out of there to give them their privacy-even though if they wanted privacy, they could have gone further into the woods or got a room.  :D

Cat
...and you are going back there next week?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/19/08 at 2:12 pm

...and you are going back there next week?

;D ;D ;D

Actually, that was a few years ago.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/08 at 2:16 pm

"They was makin' mad passionate love
Mad passionate love
There in the park they was 'appy as a lark
Billin' and cooin'
They was makin' mad passionate love
Mad passionate love
There all alone
In a world of their own
Doin' their wooin'.
He whispered 'I love you,
My 'eart's all a twitter over you.
We'll feather a love nest
If you love me too.'
Mad passionate love
Then the lightnin' flashed
An' the thunder crashed
So the two lit'le birdies flew away
He whispered 'I love you,
My 'eart's all a twitter over you.
We'll feather a love nest
If you love me too.'
Mad passionate love
Then the lightnin' flashed
An' the thunder crashed
So the two lit'le birdies flew away"

Written By: KKay on 03/19/08 at 2:21 pm

I WISH!  I think it's normal - a touch, a peck on the cheek...I don't get that cuz my hubby is strctly against any show of affection in public.  I'm all for it.
That's why i'm always kissing the dog.

Written By: Howard on 03/19/08 at 2:42 pm

About 2 years ago in a Salvation Army Thrift Shop, I witnessed a man massaging his girlfriend's breast right in plain view, then they started to kiss passionately.  I was like WTF?

Wow,I should've been there.  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 03/19/08 at 6:29 pm

I thought it was only single people like me that get a little annoyed with public displays of affection.  ;D

I suppose there is a time and a place for these things. Holding hands, dignified kissing and hugging is cool in my opinion but I would want to leave special intimacy at home.

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/19/08 at 9:10 pm

OMG are you serious?! EWWWW! 8-P
Oh, yeah!  It wasn't even very subtle.  We knew he was finished when he exited at the next stop with a dopey grin on his face.  So basically, he got off and then he got off!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/20/08 at 7:03 am

I thought it was only single people like me that get a little annoyed with public displays of affection.  ;D

I suppose there is a time and a place for these things. Holding hands, dignified kissing and hugging is cool in my opinion but I would want to leave special intimacy at home.

Yes,there's a time and place for everything.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/20/08 at 8:05 am

I think a lot of it has to do with how you were raised.  If you're parents were hippies and sex was just another part of life, you have no problem with PDA.  However, most of us didn't have the hippie advantage.  Try being at Mass and seeing a couple take the "kiss of peace" a bit too far

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/20/08 at 12:06 pm

Oh, yeah!  It wasn't even very subtle.  We knew he was finished when he exited at the next stop with a dopey grin on his face.  So basically, he got off and then he got off!  ;D

hahaaha..good one! ;)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 03/20/08 at 5:41 pm

PDAs are OK, on the following conditions:

-They are no worse than PG-13, or are subtle enough not to be caught on like that.
-Children aren't around to catch the worse ones.
-If they ARE the worse ones, make sure it's done in an appropriate venue (like "Rocky Horror").
-You aren't doing it just to spite other people, or to show "you can do it".

Written By: adagio on 03/20/08 at 11:46 pm

PDAs are OK, on the following conditions:

-They are no worse than PG-13, or are subtle enough not to be caught on like that.
-Children aren't around to catch the worse ones.
-If they ARE the worse ones, make sure it's done in an appropriate venue (like "Rocky Horror").
-You aren't doing it just to spite other people, or to show "you can do it".

Experienced?  ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 03/21/08 at 3:56 am

Experienced?   ;D 

In some areas, yes- contrary to some beliefs.

Written By: Howard on 03/21/08 at 6:00 am

Experienced?   ;D

For me,not yet.

Written By: Bobby on 03/21/08 at 7:36 am

Unreal, lol. He exited after he exited . . .

Written By: adagio on 03/21/08 at 8:18 am

In some areas, yes- contrary to some beliefs.

Tell more...

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 03/21/08 at 1:54 pm

Tell more...

Tell you or show you?  :o

Written By: Howard on 03/21/08 at 1:57 pm

Tell you or show you?   :o

It's best that you tell us.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 03/21/08 at 3:44 pm

It's best that you tell us.

I must agree.
Some people would actually get scared/offended/excited at a few things I've done in my single years.

Written By: adagio on 03/21/08 at 4:42 pm

Tell you or show you?   :o

Whichever you think is best.  ::) 8) :-[    3 to go

Written By: gibbo on 03/21/08 at 4:52 pm

I think it shows gross disrespect for her ...like he thinks she's his property or something........

Written By: adagio on 03/21/08 at 5:56 pm

And has no say in the matter...

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 03/22/08 at 5:19 am

I kinda find it disgusting when a drunk woman crotch-gropes a guy in public.

Written By: adagio on 03/22/08 at 6:18 am

ewww...that's a 'get a room' if I ever heard one.

Written By: Howard on 03/22/08 at 6:22 am

I kinda find it disgusting when a drunk woman crotch-gropes a guy in public.

I've heard of a drunk man but a drunk woman?  :o ::)

Written By: adagio on 03/22/08 at 6:38 am

You've never seen that?

Written By: Howard on 03/22/08 at 6:51 am

You've never seen that?

I don't think I have,maybe in the city once or twice.

Written By: gibbo on 03/22/08 at 7:17 am

I hate to see a guy and girll entering the lobby of a Motel. I feel like telling them to get a room.........Okay, maybe that one doesn't work so well...... :o

Written By: adagio on 03/22/08 at 7:26 am

I guess not...they're already there.  :o

Written By: thereshegoes on 03/22/08 at 10:08 am

PDA doesn't bother me much. I have a hard time watching couples who don't even touch eachother in public i find that a lot weirder.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 03/22/08 at 1:24 pm

PDA doesn't bother me much. I have a hard time watching couples who don't even touch eachother in public i find that a lot weirder.

In a sense, I have to agree with you there.

Kinda reminds you of "The Stepford Wives", in a way.

Written By: adagio on 03/22/08 at 1:41 pm

But, Wayne, who knows what all they do in private? (like,http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/adagio_photos/smilies/leer2wv8.gif?t=1206211231 )  ;)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 03/23/08 at 4:25 am

But, Wayne, who knows what all they do in private? (like,http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/adagio_photos/smilies/leer2wv8.gif?t=1206211231 )  ;)

Somehow, couples who don't even hug or hold hands or anything remind me of Puritans.
When I studied about the Puritannical Movement in U.S. History, I couldn't understand it, honestly.

That's why I could never become Amish- they're kinda along the same lines, to my understanding.

Written By: Howard on 03/23/08 at 5:24 am

I hate to see a guy and girll entering the lobby of a Motel. I feel like telling them to get a room.........Okay, maybe that one doesn't work so well...... :o

It's best to just let them do their business. ;)

Written By: adagio on 03/23/08 at 5:26 am

:)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/23/08 at 9:54 am

It's best to just let them do their business. ;)
Look the other way.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/23/08 at 10:11 am

Somehow, couples who don't even hug or hold hands or anything remind me of Puritans.
When I studied about the Puritannical Movement in U.S. History, I couldn't understand it, honestly.

That's why I could never become Amish- they're kinda along the same lines, to my understanding.

That is soooo New England, and soooo me.  I was raised in a no-touching family, and am not one at all for public displays of affection.

Written By: adagio on 03/23/08 at 1:07 pm

Me too. Danoota, but as I told Wayne, that doesn't hold for privacy of house.  ;)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 03/23/08 at 1:17 pm

Unless they're like, my size, in which case you tell them "Get a warehouse!"

Written By: Howard on 03/23/08 at 4:50 pm

Look the other way.

Or they'll just yell at you.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/08 at 3:08 pm

Or they'll just yell at you.
They maybe too busy to do any yelling?

Written By: Howard on 03/24/08 at 4:30 pm

They maybe too busy to do any yelling?

Just kissing.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 03/25/08 at 4:28 am

That is soooo New England, and soooo me.  I was raised in a no-touching family, and am not one at all for public displays of affection.

Me too. Danoota, but as I told Wayne, that doesn't hold for privacy of house.   ;)

I hope you two aren't Vulcans, or A.I. Cyborgs, who are yearning to know what it's like to be human.

Written By: Howard on 03/25/08 at 6:33 am

It's better to kiss when buses or trains aren't packed or just plain empty.That way you get all the privacy you want.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/08 at 6:38 am

It's better to kiss when buses or trains aren't packed or just plain empty.That way you get all the privacy you want.
There are always windows and there is always an adjacient carriage.

Written By: Howard on 03/25/08 at 6:39 am

There are always windows and there is always an adjacient carriage.

Yeah That's true,people have done it before.

Check for new replies or respond here...