inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: April Fools 2008 - Official Cheat Sheet

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/01/08 at 11:57 am

So for April Fools 2008 we changed the names of over 100 regular members of inthe00s.  We started with the karmalog and picked some people who weren't on the log as well.  Red Ant and Tam did the majority of work on this, I merely picked some names and pretended to act dumb during the "hack" of the site.  Red Ant started around the time Australia wakes up, since people would generally expect us to start when it became the first in America instead.  Advance knowledge was limited to the lead mods and notable topic moderators.

Red Ant picked the names in red
Tam picked the ones in blue
ChuckyG picked the ones in orange
I believe Cat picked some (she knew too!)

Quirk  -  Quark
Badfinger-fan  -  Butterfinger Fan
Philip Eno  -  Philipinot Grigio
whistledog  - Screaming Mutt
CatwomanofV  -  Wacky Wiccan Woman
nally  NALLY!!
Belle du Jour  - Beauty of the Day
CeramicsFanatic - Clay Freak
Howard - HowHard
bookmistress4ever  catmistress4eva!

Davey Thrashmister  SATAN's DAD
Meat!  Veggies!
Gis - 9!$
Tam  surprise
Danoota&Me  D4n0074&L337!
karen - UK2USA
lorac61469 Kar0l_90210
Paul  - |>@\/1
++ Hot stuff ++ - -- Ice Cold --
MaxwellSmart  Maxwell House

*Ash* - !Soot!
Red Ant
thereshegoes Thar She Blows
loki 13 - Odin 31
Mama_K  - Sonny_J
Mr. Mister  Twisted Sister
snozberries - nosenuggets
MidKnightDarkness - NoonDaySunlight
ChuckyG this will be a surprise as well
Jacks - Marbles

Marty McFly - Bif Tanner
Step-chan - Left-Hand
Henk - Spank
Abix  - Whetabix
80sTrivMeister - 90sFactsNoob
Jessica  AlbaBiel
gemini - Aries
Tia - Tamera
Luke  - Skywalker
Rice Cube Rice Dodecahedron

Tubeway General - Gary Numan
nicki_morrissey  - simon_marr
Davester - Jeepster
Tanya1976 Onja1769
Briаn - Brain
Windbreaker05 - PassTheGas05
Marian - Gilligan
Babooshka  84800$HK4
ktelqueen Kettle Queen
ninny J9

mooster M00$73R
Dagwood - ElmoAlexander
statsqueen  - postjester
FussBudgetVanPelt  PsychoticBeagle
adagio - prestissimo
JamieMcBain RainierLuftwaffeWolfcastle
HawkTheSlayer - DragonSlayer
AL-B  - Shure
Southern Image - Northern Painting
Matthias  - Maximilian

Midas  - GoodYear
coqueta83  - RocíoPablo
woops  \/\/00P$
CeeKay DeeJay
ladybug316 Coccinellidae205
Reynolds1863  Alcoa1910
Trimac20 Buypc10
GypsyRoad TrampsPath
Foo Bar F00 84R
Mushroom - 'shrooms

Bill - 8!11
Michelle B. - Michael C.
Johnny D - Jane E
Odyssey - HomersTale
wildcard - StableJoke
audkal Audrey Hepburned
Dak  Smart Face Adult
agrimorfee amphigory
Suicidal Blonde - Stable Brunette
LyricBoy - RhythmGirl

Lovechild Of Oscar Wilde - Son of Dickens
courtandspark  - marryandsputter
gibbo  G1880
philbo  - collinsluke
Bobo - Secret
Airrider - Waterdriver
Bobby  8088Y
belowaveragedave - aboveraveragedavinia
Barefoot_Blues  Sockhop_Swing
NbC   - UpN

SemperYoda - SemperFudge
mach!ne_he@d  - tuning_machine
Doc Brown - Grape Nehi
malibumike65 Malibu's Most Wanted 65
Don Carlos  - Junior Reid
jaytee  Plain White J-Tee Shirts
robby76  67R088Y
Super Arwen  - Average Elrond
TigerMystic  LionRealist
Indy Gent B. Roke

There are some names missing, mostly the parody authors from amIright that hadn't made the karma list.  Red Ant did those, and will have to list them out here since I don't have a record of that.

Hope everyone had fun and wasn't too freaked out.  Karma smites to all the mods for such deviousness, I promise nothing this intense next year.

Subject: Re: April Fools 2008 - Official Cheat Sheet

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/01/08 at 12:00 pm

It was fun, thanks for this memorable day.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/01/08 at 12:13 pm

Hope everyone had fun and wasn't too freaked out.  Karma smites to all the mods for such deviousness, I promise nothing this intense next year.

Nooooo, don't promise that! :(

Do something worse :D

Written By: Jessica on 04/01/08 at 12:14 pm

Yeah, I've got some ideas that would be delicious, although I don't know if they're feasible.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/01/08 at 12:14 pm

Last night I said I had a feeling it may be a prank, but you guys did too good a job on this one & pulled off the best April Fools prank.  well done Chucky and Mods and karma coming atcha'  8)

Written By: Dagwood on 04/01/08 at 12:28 pm

I love it. ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/01/08 at 12:30 pm

Doc Brown - Grape Nehi

Incidentally there was question about what this one meant last night. Dr. Brown's is a line of soda, older than Coca Cola.  Nehi is a pretty old ssoda company as well, and Grape was Radar's drink of choice on M*A*S*H.  I decided against an obvious Back to the Future change.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/01/08 at 1:19 pm

Red Ant did those, and will have to list them out here since I don't have a record of that.

Here they are:

Jeff Reuben - Reuben Sandwich, Extra Pickles
Stu McArthur - Stu, Get Off Her!
Kristof Robertson - Pissed Off "Lorena" Bobbitson
agrimorphee - amphigory
Mikey Squirrel - Nike Girl
Invisible Boy - Transparent Girl
belowaveragedave - above mediocre davinia
Jack Wilson - Local Celebrity
k1chyd - I hear the secrets that you keep...
Max Power - Mack's Hour
the_conqueror_of_parodies - Atilla The Hun of Writing

and the craziest name anyone got went to...

Matthias - Matt the Hat Rack, Fat Jack, Frat Back Of The Rat Pack

I also made McDonald "Burger King", Dude111 to "D00D!!!" and a few others. Most anyone who was on last night also got a name change.

Next year will be a much simpler gag: this one was super time consuming (and I'm still not done changing names back) but well worth it.

Ant

Written By: karen on 04/01/08 at 1:40 pm

Here they are:

k1chyd - I hear the secrets that you keep...

Ant

When I was here last night I was more or less coming around to the idea that it was a mod April Fool until I spotted this one.  It sounded so sinister to me!

Anyway thank you for keeping me up way too late last night and giving me a crap nights sleep into the bargain for worrying what was happening and also picturing the mods all having a good giggle behind our backs.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/01/08 at 1:55 pm

When I was here last night I was more or less coming around to the idea that it was a mod April Fool until I spotted this one.  It sounded so sinister to me!

Anyway thank you for keeping me up way too late last night and giving me a crap nights sleep into the bargain for worrying what was happening and also picturing the mods all having a good giggle behind our backs.

Peter Andersson's old nickname is k1chyd, which is "know one can hear you dream". His name was changed to the opening refrain from the Romantics' "Talking In Your Sleep". It is kind of a creepy song...

We hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

Ant

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/01/08 at 2:27 pm

I only got here in the aftermath but this was simply brilliant. It looks like you guys had so much work you should keep it until tomorrow the least. I loved Tammy pretending to be pissed off at the "hacker" and the Mary character should come back some day ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/08 at 4:51 pm

Doc Brown - Grape Nehi

Incidentally there was question about what this one meant last night. Dr. Brown's is a line of soda, older than Coca Cola.  Nehi is a pretty old ssoda company as well, and Grape was Radar's drink of choice on M*A*S*H.  I decided against an obvious Back to the Future change.

I like that you dug a little deep on that one...

sorry tam but wish you'd dug deeper for me  ;)  All's good tho cuz I laughed out loud for How Hard so all's forgiven.....

Ant  major props on NALLY....although whoever first typed nALLY.... that was funny too...  and Veggies! 

the penguins applaud you

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/noppawan2703/.gifhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/noppawan2703/.gifhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/noppawan2703/.gifhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/noppawan2703/.gifhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/noppawan2703/.gifhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/noppawan2703/.gif

Written By: skittlesking on 04/01/08 at 4:54 pm

Don't forget

"Cat" became "Dog"

Written By: wildcard on 04/01/08 at 5:48 pm

Thanks for coming up with a name for me Chucky.  Did you just happen to pick it or was somethingthat made you think of that?

Written By: Step-chan on 04/01/08 at 6:00 pm

I wonder if the Left-Hand name was just because it rhymed, or a Kurt Cobain reference(Kurt played guitar left handed).

;) :D ;D ;) :D ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/01/08 at 6:41 pm

Thanks for coming up with a name for me Chucky.  Did you just happen to pick it or was something that made you think of that?

just a play on words... card as in "you're such a card", wild/stable.  most of the ones I picked were a play on words

Written By: Tam on 04/01/08 at 6:45 pm

I wonder if the Left-Hand name was just because it rhymed, or a Kurt Cobain reference(Kurt played guitar left handed).

;) :D ;D ;) :D ;D

It was the latter Kiddo!
I had no idea how you said 'chan', myself - it sounds like hand, so I went back through posts of yours to find something even remotely linkable... :-\\

Written By: Tam on 04/01/08 at 6:51 pm

I like that you dug a little deep on that one...

sorry tam but wish you'd dug deeper for me  ;)  All's good tho cuz I laughed out loud for How Hard so all's forgiven.....

Ant  major props on NALLY....although whoever first typed nALLY.... that was funny too...  and Veggies!   

the penguins applaud you

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/noppawan2703/.gifhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/noppawan2703/.gifhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/noppawan2703/.gifhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/noppawan2703/.gifhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/noppawan2703/.gifhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/noppawan2703/.gif

Q - Girl, I struggled with yours because everything I came up with was overly obvious, so I sat here and instead tried playing on your handle. Luckily, I came up with nosenuggets, because prior to that I had snotbubbles! ;D ;D ;D

Glad I made you laugh for How Hard as well! That was a no brainer for sure! What else could I have possibly called him? ;)

oOo and karma back as soon as my 24 hours runs out! 8)

Written By: wildcard on 04/01/08 at 7:08 pm

I had this avatar up for a short amount of time yesterday and someone said stablejoke was stablejoke *he he*.  I switched back to a picture of me so I could be identified by my avatar and posted to made sure everyone knew it was me.   

Written By: Red Ant on 04/01/08 at 7:44 pm

the penguins applaud you

nally's name change was one of the easier, more obvious ones. Glad you liked it though.

And kudos to Jeff for taking it so well, too.  :)

Ant

Written By: whistledog on 04/01/08 at 8:43 pm

Doc Brown - Grape Nehi

Incidentally there was question about what this one meant last night. Dr. Brown's is a line of soda, older than Coca Cola.  Nehi is a pretty old ssoda company as well, and Grape was Radar's drink of choice on M*A*S*H.   I decided against an obvious Back to the Future change.

What you should have done is switched Doc Brown and Marty McFly's names so each one was the other ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 04/01/08 at 9:09 pm

It was the latter Kiddo!
I had no idea how you said 'chan', myself - it sounds like hand, so I went back through posts of yours to find something even remotely linkable... :-\\

Is cool. ;)

It can be said two ways, just like my real name(Stephen).

Chan can rhyme with word "hand" and it can also rhyme with the word "on".

Those were the only two I could think of when seeing my 4/01 username, either a rhyme or Nirvana/Kurt Cobain reference.

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/01/08 at 10:27 pm

nally's name change was one of the easier, more obvious ones. Glad you liked it though.

And kudos to Jeff for taking it so well, too.  :)

Ant

I liked that one a tiny bit  (?)    :-\\  ......... make that a LOT !  ;D

Given that NALLY once pulled me up for capitalizing his username ......... oh drat ... I seem to have done it again  :-

I'll sleep well tonight.

Keep up the good work, Mike! (and Nally!).

:)

My name is Jeffrey...so you may call me Jeff for short. My screenname does not begin with a capital letter.

'Jeffrey'? I would never have guessed. I thought all this was just a joke ...
nally
My real name is Jeffrey.
Website Editors
Opus

so you may call me Jeff

Wow! That's cool!  I am so honoured!  8)  Thanks Nally! Oops .. I meant nally!  :D

Seriously. It's been my name for the past 27 years.

I would never have guessed. I thought all this was just a joke ...

Yes ... well  ::) ... maybe I needed to add this emoticon to the end .. ->  ;) to convey the ironic sense of humour?

I would never have guessed. I thought all this was just a joke ...  ;)

^ Yes .. that is more clear cut!

Ok nally?  (Yes ... I've forgotten his real name again!)  :-http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7986/tscolorcopywl5.jpg
Twisted Sister    Mr. Mister ?  ???  ::)    :P

Written By: gumbypiz on 04/01/08 at 11:09 pm

Man, I feel left out. And it would of been so easy...gumbypiz to something like pokeymon  ::)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/02/08 at 12:26 am

Yes,

BAN everyone for 24 hours instead.  :D

Written By: adagio on 04/02/08 at 6:33 am

NOBODY else knew about this except Chucky and the mods?  I keep getting hints...like Alan apologizing to Mike for the practical joke because he and snoz had been in on it for a long time, and Ant egged on the rest.

At least everyone 'fess up! 

Then I can laugh.

If it's just made by Chucky and the mods, good job.  :)

Written By: Howard on 04/02/08 at 6:40 am

I thought this was a good joke,thanks again. ;D

Written By: Tam on 04/02/08 at 7:30 am

NOBODY else knew about this except Chucky and the mods?  I keep getting hints...like Alan apologizing to Mike for the practical joke because he and snoz had been in on it for a long time, and Ant egged on the rest.

At least everyone 'fess up! 

Then I can laugh.

If it's just made by Chucky and the mods, good job.   :)

Nah - just Chucky and the mods.
It was revealed just after midnite CST that it was us, but we asked in the thread that everyone who was online that now knew to keep the joke going. ;)

Written By: adagio on 04/02/08 at 8:09 am

Thank you Tam. :)

Written By: Red Ant on 04/02/08 at 9:05 am

Man, I feel left out. And it would of been so easy...gumbypiz to something like pokeymon  ::)

Sorry man. I knew we'd miss a few regular posters. I wanted to make QueenAmenRa into KingRamenNoodles, but I forgot to do it. saver and GWBush2004 also escaped this year's name changes.

We'll make ya a Pokeman next year.  :D

Ant

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/08 at 10:36 am

Q - Girl, I struggled with yours because everything I came up with was overly obvious, so I sat here and instead tried playing on your handle. Luckily, I came up with nosenuggets, because prior to that I had snotbubbles! ;D ;D ;D

Glad I made you laugh for How Hard as well! That was a no brainer for sure! What else could I have possibly called him? ;)

oOo and karma back as soon as my 24 hours runs out! 8)

Snotbubbles HA!  ;D

no problem.... here's the thing.  I have been using Snozberries for years because Willy Wonka is one of those movies from my childhood that would never go away. Everytime I watched it was struck by that scene...

snozberries? whoever heard of a ..... 

Gene Widler would follow it with "We are the music makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams."  Because this line defines me so well I adopted snozberries b/c I can never say it without reciting the quote...

I had the name for 10 years and never thought about it but then while writing a paper on the film I came across something that said snozberries was a reference to boogers. I was like NO WAY.... guess if I'd thought about it I would have figured it out myself earlier but I was oblivious to the whole thing....so I choose to focus on the positive that the name brings me...not the boogers  ;) 

Plus lickable wallpaper that tastes like boogers?  8-P  and who's boogers are they?  I mean eating your own is one thing but tasting someone else's?  THAT'S JUST WRONG!!!

;D

no hard feelings here tho...

Written By: wildcard on 04/02/08 at 12:18 pm

Nah - just Chucky and the mods.
It was revealed just after midnite CST that it was us, but we asked in the thread that everyone who was online that now knew to keep the joke going. ;)

I noticed Red Ant had become Piss Ant and was going to PM him about his new name to match his Foul Mouthed Me parody. 

Thanks  Chucky, Tam, and Red Ant  I was  Lovin every minute of it Lovin every minute of it   

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/02/08 at 12:18 pm

Sorry man. I knew we'd miss a few regular posters. I wanted to make QueenAmenRa into KingRamenNoodles, but I forgot to do it. saver and GWBush2004 also escaped this year's name changes.

We'll make ya a Pokeman next year.  :D

Ant

I wanna be Rice-achu!

Written By: wildcard on 04/04/08 at 11:08 am

If I were a pokemon I guess I would be something non domesticated. 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/25/08 at 1:19 am

hard to believe it's been 25 days since this great April Fool's joke was played.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/08 at 1:21 am

hard to believe it's been 25 days since this great April Fool's joke was played.
Hasn't the time flown quickly?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/25/08 at 1:30 am

Hasn't the time flown quickly?
yes, way too quickly.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/08 at 1:40 am

yes, way too quickly.
It will soon be Christmas.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/25/08 at 1:44 am

It will soon be Christmas.
and virtual Santa time

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/08 at 2:50 am

and virtual Santa time
One thread that is enjoyed.

Written By: Howard on 04/25/08 at 6:34 am

looking forward to that.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/25/08 at 7:17 am

why wait until then for a great thread... start something new!

Written By: nally on 04/26/08 at 12:34 pm

No, when you posted this message, it was "24 days ago."
I even verified it on timeanddate.com.

why wait until then for a great thread... start something new!

but of course!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/27/08 at 12:05 pm

but of course!
It has past 25 day snow.

Written By: nally on 04/27/08 at 1:57 pm

It has past 25 days now.

That's right...and has now been 27 days.

The month sure does go fast.

Written By: Howard on 04/27/08 at 4:53 pm

That's right...and has now been 27 days.

The month sure does go fast.

and it's almost May.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/27/08 at 6:40 pm

and it's almost May.

May almost did what?

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/27/08 at 8:13 pm

May almost did what?

Caught him WITHOUT any clothes on !  :o

http://www.queensu.ca/security/graphics/2004/douglas1a.jpg
Nice threads, Spiderman !  (Especially that 'Official Cheat Sheet !'  :P  )

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/28/08 at 2:25 am

Caught him WITHOUT any clothes on !   :o

http://www.queensu.ca/security/graphics/2004/douglas1a.jpg
Nice threads, Spiderman !  (Especially that 'Official Cheat Sheet !'   :P  )
Web threads?

Written By: nally on 04/28/08 at 1:33 pm

Web threads?

Possibly referring to the ones viewed by Spiders?

Written By: Howard on 04/28/08 at 2:53 pm

May almost did what?

It's almost the MONTH of May.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/08 at 5:13 am

It's almost the MONTH of May.
It is May tomorrow.

Written By: Howard on 04/29/08 at 6:43 am

It is May tomorrow.

time flies when you're having fun.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/08 at 7:14 am

time flies when you're having fun.
A case of to much fun.

Written By: Howard on 04/29/08 at 7:30 am

A case of to much fun.

There's no such thing of having too much fun.

Written By: nally on 04/29/08 at 7:13 pm

It is May tomorrow.

Not quite yet... it's the day after tomorrow. (Although at the time I'm posting this, it may already be tomorrow in your timezone.)

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/08 at 7:46 pm

but of course!

technically tho...the fun started on March 31 not April 1st...considering the time difference so for us it was 25 days ago.

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/08 at 7:49 pm

It is May tomorrow.

May is still a day and a half away

Written By: nally on 04/29/08 at 10:19 pm

technically tho...the fun started on March 31 not April 1st...considering the time difference so for us it was 25 days ago.

That's what I was saying. It was now 29 days ago. As you could see by clicking on my link, I used March 31st as the startdate because that's when the fun started for us, like you said. ;)

New link

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/30/08 at 1:08 am

May each day in your life be a good day.

Written By: Howard on 04/30/08 at 7:00 am

May is still a day and a half away

May is tomorrow.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/30/08 at 7:59 am

May is tomorrow.
But guess well cry come first of May

Check for new replies or respond here...