inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Oooh, no, baby please don't go.

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/03/08 at 2:47 pm

I have songs stuck in my head. Like 4 of them, simultaneously. 

What's the longest a song was ever stuck in your head?
For me, it was 9th grade.  There was a song called "That's What Love Can Do" by a group called "Boy Crazy" or something like that.  It's a cute little pop song but it DROVE ME INSANE.  I swear it was stuck in my head for about 6 months.  I couldn't get rid of it. 

It made me feel like this:
http://www.polkadotmittens.com/journal/images/weirdo.jpg

Subject: Re: Oooh, no, baby please don't go.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/03/08 at 11:09 pm

hahaha..you are so funny Bill..I love how your mind thinks! :P

Hmm..there are a lot of songs that I have thought of..that I couldn't stop thinking of. One is that song by Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch..."good vibration"....but I like that song..it never got old to me.

Written By: gibbo on 04/03/08 at 11:17 pm

hahaha..you are so funny Bill..I love how your mind thinks! :P

Hmm..there are a lot of songs that I have thought of..that I couldn't stop thinking of. One is that song by Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch..."good vibration"....but I like that song..it never got old to me.

I've had The Steve Miller Band song -The Joker running through my head for the past 3 weeks. It is the first thing that pops into my head each morning. I'm trying to get rid of it...even learned it on guitar (thought that might get it out of my system)...drives my wife crazy.......

Written By: Henk on 04/04/08 at 12:17 am

I have songs stuck in my head. Like 4 of them, simultaneously. 

For me, it was 9th grade.  There was a song called "That's What Love Can Do" by a group called "Boy Crazy" or something like that.  It's a cute little pop song but it DROVE ME INSANE.  I swear it was stuck in my head for about 6 months.  I couldn't get rid of it. 

It made me feel like this:
http://www.polkadotmittens.com/journal/images/weirdo.jpg

You mean...

this song...? ???

If I'm not mistaken, Boy Krazy were a one hit wonder (and it wasn't even a hit).

Written By: Howard on 04/04/08 at 7:16 am

What year?

Written By: Tia on 04/04/08 at 8:35 am

right now there's a chorus in my head singing "hallelujah." dunno why.

i think centerfold by the j. geils band might have stuck in my head to the point of mental torment back in the day. there's soemthing about that "na na nanana na nana nana nanana na na" that clutches your cerebellum and wont let go.

oops. now THAT's in my head again.

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/04/08 at 9:06 am

I've had The Steve Miller Band song -The Joker running through my head for the past 3 weeks. It is the first thing that pops into my head each morning. I'm trying to get rid of it...even learned it on guitar (thought that might get it out of my system)...drives my wife crazy.......

Seeing this .....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/thatgirl1981/420/midnight.jpg

and this ......

I'm a joker, not a smoker, nor a midnight toker ..

Can't help your cause, eh, gibbo ?  :-[

As for me .... at the time of 'Don't Dream it's over' .... I found that song so catchy, it was a major struggle for me to empty it out of my head, whilst doing a university exam, back in 1987.  Think I finally succeeded, and passed it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/08 at 10:08 am

Over the past few days it has been Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody and that is pretty long.

Check for new replies or respond here...