inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Summer Plans?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/08/08 at 1:15 pm

Well, since it is Spring already, I'm sure a lot of us are already making plans for the summer. So...does anyone have any fun things planned? vacations? good concerts? special events?

Let's see...this summer we are working on some home improvements (we are in the middle of a front porch reconstruction, and I am planning on doing a bit of remodeling/renovating inside as well).

We are also going to be taking a mini vacation to Wildwood, NJ. My parents used to take us to the shore every year when we were children....so I thought that it would be neat to start that tradition with Vaughn. We are planning on staying at one of their neato doowop themed hotels...for probably a few days/nights.

Also...we got a 10 ticket package deal for some Pgh Pirates games...so we will be going to a few of those a month.

I am also planning on doing something special with Vaughn at least once a week (since he has the summer off). I don't want us sitting around the house everyday being bored.

I would like to maybe go to a concert or two..and probably hit a few local amusement parks...stuff like that.

Subject: Re: Summer Plans?

Written By: Jessica on 04/08/08 at 1:21 pm

Well, I've mentioned it before, but I don't know if it really qualifies as summer. Jason and I will be boarding an Amtrak train on May 1st to go to California. We will be there for two months, then I will be flying back on June 30th to have some alone time with Rice. We will leave here on the July 3rd and be driving BACK to California to hang with our family for two weeks before we have to go home. The reason we are doing this so weird is because Rice only gets those two weeks off in July and that's it, and our families would like to see Jason more. Also, we have to drive back because our parents load us up with so much stuff that it would be impossible to check it on to a plane or whatever. :D

The rest of the summer will probably be spent at the 57th Street beach, downtown, the park, or sitting on the air conditioner. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/08/08 at 1:31 pm

Well, I've mentioned it before, but I don't know if it really qualifies as summer. Jason and I will be boarding an Amtrak train on May 1st to go to California. We will be there for two months, then I will be flying back on June 30th to have some alone time with Rice. We will leave here on the July 3rd and be driving BACK to California to hang with our family for two weeks before we have to go home. The reason we are doing this so weird is because Rice only gets those two weeks off in July and that's it, and our families would like to see Jason more. Also, we have to drive back because our parents load us up with so much stuff that it would be impossible to check it on to a plane or whatever. :D

The rest of the summer will probably be spent at the 57th Street beach, downtown, the park, or sitting on the air conditioner. ;D

wow..that sounds like it will be so fun! I'm sure Jason will have loads of fun with your family...and it's nice that you and Rice will get some alone time..everybody needs that from time to time. :)

Written By: karen on 04/08/08 at 3:03 pm

My mum and Dai's mum are arriving here in mid-June for a three week stay.  No firmly fixed plans for them but we will be doing lots of sight-seeing I'm sure.  After they go back the children between them  are doing swimming lessons, tennis lessons and gymnastics for a couple of weeks.  Then I am taking them for a week's camping in Cape Cod.  At the end of August we are all going to Canada for an orienteering event.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/09/08 at 3:09 am

Cricket is my plans for the summer.

Written By: Howard on 04/09/08 at 7:05 am

I don't have many summer plans but I'll keep on working,see my friend Robert who lives up in Schnectady during June or July and probably get back out on the dating scene again.

Check for new replies or respond here...