inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: R. I. P. CARLY .......... Snozberries BEST friend ...........

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/10/08 at 6:11 pm

I have just read some stunning, VERY sad news.  I am close to tears ... as I type.

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8522/gravestonetextrk6.jpg

You have my deep sympathies.    :( :\'(

Subject: Re: R. I. P. CARLY .......... Snozberries BEST friend ...........

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/08 at 6:17 pm

Sad news indeed

http://wetv.pictureperfectpet.s3.amazonaws.com/sn/ozb/err/ies/0_69860_profile.jpg

Carly will always be remember in our hearts,

Written By: Tia on 04/10/08 at 6:35 pm

oh no!

i'm so sorry to hear that snoz. :(

Written By: Dagwood on 04/10/08 at 6:36 pm

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Q.

Written By: Jessica on 04/10/08 at 6:44 pm

Sad news indeed

http://wetv.pictureperfectpet.s3.amazonaws.com/sn/ozb/err/ies/0_69860_profile.jpg

Carly will always be remember in our hearts,

She looks like she could have been our dog's mama, except he's way smaller. They have the same coloring though. Tequila is sad, too. :(

Our vet gave this to us after we had to say goodbye to our grandfather's dog. I think the last lines are really appropriate.

A Dog's Prayer

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness, than loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweet music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside...for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements...and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of setting at your feet beside the hearth...though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow, than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land...for you are my god...and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing, and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather, hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest...and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I draw, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

I'm crying. I'm so sorry, snoz. I know how hard it is. :\'(

Written By: ninny on 04/10/08 at 6:51 pm

:\'( This is very sad news RIP Carly :\'(

Written By: statsqueen on 04/10/08 at 6:53 pm

I'm so very sorry, Snoz...please accept my condolences on your loss.  :\'(

Written By: skittlesking on 04/10/08 at 7:10 pm

I know I have only had light conversation with you Snoozberries, but still I'm very sorry for your loss, and my condolences to you

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/10/08 at 7:31 pm

I'm so sorry girl..I had to go through this last year when my cat Anna died. It's so very sad. I will keep you in my thoughts/prayers.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/10/08 at 7:48 pm

truly, this is sad news.  My sympathy goes out to you snozberries on the loss of your pet, your dog, your friend. 

Written By: whistledog on 04/10/08 at 7:54 pm

So Sad :\'(  R.I.P. Carly

Written By: snozberries on 04/10/08 at 8:11 pm

Thank you for the thread Alan... it really is appreciated. You and Philip have been among Carly's greatest champions so it is perfect that you started the thread and Philip was the first to reply. 

Losing my Carly girl has been harder than I could have imagined.... and maybe because right now, in this moment, I've finally realized just how isolated my life has become. I have no family here and all of my friends have moved away.  Physically I am alone but never minded before because I had a companion. I am glad though that you all have reached out and let me have my moment... some might think I am a bit nuts because she was a dog but the only time in 40 years I've ever felt maternal was when I looked at her face. If I turned up pregnant tomorrow...not gonna happen... there is no way I would love that kid more than Carly

in honor of Mike's thread it's confession time...while I can truly appreciate the off spring of a friend - I love my surrogate niece's and nephews (my friends' children) the truth is I really don't like kids all that much... I even like cats better than children (that one goes out to ninny, Car and Tam  ;) ) 

Anyway, thank you for letting me grieve and dwell in the moment here... I will get back to normal soon enough....

Jessica that poem was beautiful and really struck a chord with me.. I am crying too... and believe me one of the first things I noticed about Tequila was that he shared Carly's color and markings. I still have the Christmas card he sent her.  :)

For every one else who posted here thanks. I am so glad I found this community  you have all (the regular members) become really good friends and I love knowing that there's always someone for me to talk to out there so that at least I never have to be alone virtually!

You guys rock... karma.

Q

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/10/08 at 9:04 pm

Q,

I'm so sorry to learn of the loss of your friend and companion.  Please p.m. me if you want to talk.

Regards,
Shannon

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/10/08 at 9:12 pm

Jessica that poem was beautiful and really struck a chord with me.. I am crying too...

Q

That poem moved me too. Beautifully touching. 

:(

Written By: Davester on 04/10/08 at 9:25 pm

Sorry to hear about your doggie... :(

Written By: Step-chan on 04/10/08 at 10:00 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Written By: adagio on 04/10/08 at 10:20 pm

Snoz...I know how hard it is.  I had a Sheltie (Hobbes) that I had as a puppy until he died at age 11.  His picture is STILL on my website.  They are family. and I'm just now, years later getting a new puppy...She'll still never be my Hobbes, though.
I cry for and with you.

:\'( :\'(

Written By: Tam on 04/10/08 at 10:42 pm

Q, you know where it's at!
Love you Girl.

http://www.smileycollector.com/images/smiles/hug.gif

Written By: snozberries on 04/11/08 at 12:11 am

Thank you all for the support.! 

Shannon I will PM you ...probably tomorrow tho... I am drained!

Tam cool hug... I feel it

Thanks Belle.

Alan you are a great guy and anyone who says otherwise will have a fight on their hands. I appreciate your tribute to my baby girl!

Written By: NbC on 04/11/08 at 12:45 am

So sorry for your loss.  I know how hard it is to deal with the loss of a pet.  My thoughts go out to you. 

She had a wonderful life, she had you to love and care for her. 

Written By: gibbo on 04/11/08 at 12:57 am

Q...truly sorry to see/hear this sad news. I don't know where I have been to not see and respond to it sooner.

I don't own a pet (just 4 kids) so I don't really know exactly how you are feeling right now...can only guess/imagine. But I DO know from reading your posts that you truly loved Carly with everything you have and I want you to know that I am thinking of you and quietlly feeling, at least some, of your pain.

Please know we are all here for you. Your previous response post acknowledges that fact anyway. It was a good, honest response and just shows your stellar character. You were making us feel good even when you are down.......

YOU really rock too......... :) :\'(

Written By: Gis on 04/11/08 at 1:14 am

Q I'm so, so sorry to hear your news. They really do become like children/family members...........

I'm thinking of you.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/11/08 at 2:21 am

Sorry to repeat myself but...

Q, I'm so sorry to read about Carly.  She was beautiful and I know she was a good friend and your baby.  I can totally understand.
Anything I can do or if you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here for ya chickie.  She was one of the intheoos official mascot dogs.    :\'(

Written By: mandamoo on 04/11/08 at 6:02 am

My condolences to you :(

Written By: Howard on 04/11/08 at 6:20 am

I'm sorry about your loss Snoz,I'll be here if you need to talk.  :)

Written By: KKay on 04/11/08 at 7:35 am

I understand how that feels.  it's worse than anything ever.  I wish you comfort and hope.  I feel terrible for you; she's in my thoughts.

Written By: Stompgal on 04/11/08 at 8:55 am

I am also sorry to hear about the loss of your dog, Snozberries. RIP Carly.  :\'(

Written By: Midas on 04/11/08 at 9:39 am

Sorry to hear about your loss, snoz.  :\'(  You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Written By: Jessica on 04/11/08 at 9:55 am

I don't own a pet (just 4 kids) so I don't really know exactly how you are feeling right now...can only guess/imagine.

I described it to Rice Cube like this, because he's never had an animal worm its way into your heart:

You can't tell me that they don't become a part of your family. They do, and sometimes it hurts more when a pet dies because they give you unconditional love no matter what.

I believe that is very true. If you have a bad day at work and come home and throw stuff around or curse at the sky, your dog won't care. They'll just snuggle up to you and lick your face and try to make you feel better. If you're feeling ill, the dog's feelings will mirror yours. If you're feeling jovial, your dog will share that happiness with you. For everyone that says dogs are stupid, disgusting, dirty, evil, etc., I say PHOOEY! Every dog that we have shared our home with has been our companion, our protector, and our sympathizer. Hell, our little ratdog knew when I was about to have that major asthma attack and heart palpitation thingie last month. He stuck by me like a burr and wouldn't leave me until I went to the hospital the next morning.

I'm rambling, but that is essentially what having a dog is like. I'm not dissing cats, its just that we have only had dogs in our lives, with the exception of owning a kitty for a month.

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/11/08 at 10:50 am

Man, I don't know how I am just now noticing this thread.  I am so so sorry to hear about this.  I know you'll miss that little girl, as I miss my family dog that we had to put to sleep a year ago.  I miss him every day.  He was, and still is, my family and in my heart.  That poem on the 1st page was beyond beautiful.  So very touching.  I had to leave my desk at work to go to the bathroom to cry.  There are very few things in this world that I am as passionate about as I am for my love of animals and their love for us, and the wonderful, life-enriching gift that that is.

Again, I am very sorry to hear about this.  She was a beautiful little doggie and I'm absolutely positive that your love gave her the best life she could ever have had.

And remember, YOU WILL SEE HER AGAIN SOMEDAY.  It helps me to think that my little Sparky will be waiting for me when my day comes.

God bless.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 04/11/08 at 2:20 pm

So very sorry to hear of your loss... you know all of your friends are here for you...

Written By: Howard on 04/11/08 at 3:15 pm

May I ask what she passed away from? :(

Written By: gibbo on 04/11/08 at 6:57 pm

I described it to Rice Cube like this, because he's never had an animal worm its way into your heart:

You can't tell me that they don't become a part of your family. They do, and sometimes it hurts more when a pet dies because they give you unconditional love no matter what.

I believe that is very true. If you have a bad day at work and come home and throw stuff around or curse at the sky, your dog won't care. They'll just snuggle up to you and lick your face and try to make you feel better. If you're feeling ill, the dog's feelings will mirror yours. If you're feeling jovial, your dog will share that happiness with you. For everyone that says dogs are stupid, disgusting, dirty, evil, etc., I say PHOOEY! Every dog that we have shared our home with has been our companion, our protector, and our sympathizer. Hell, our little ratdog knew when I was about to have that major asthma attack and heart palpitation thingie last month. He stuck by me like a burr and wouldn't leave me until I went to the hospital the next morning.

I'm rambling, but that is essentially what having a dog is like. I'm not dissing cats, its just that we have only had dogs in our lives, with the exception of owning a kitty for a month.

Very eloquently stated....... :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/11/08 at 7:35 pm

Oh no.  I'm so sorry to hear about Carly.  I know how much you loved him.  I'm sure he loved you just as much.  RIP Carly. :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 04/11/08 at 10:55 pm

Thanks everyone....

Hi Howard.  She had ketosis which is a step up from diabetes. and people keep asking but no the diabetes did not cause the blindness.. according to the vet there were no signs of diabetes when she lost her sight last month.

Jessica, you explained that to gibbo so well thank you.

Patti keep on repeating yourself it's nice to hear.

thanks Kathie!

Peter... just like you haven't had pets... I haven't had kids and I don't mean to trivalize parenthood in anyway but too me... I couldn't have loved Carly more than if I had given birth to her myself... I know there are people who say she was just a dog but really she was the light of my life... my heart and soul... in a lot of ways she was the reason I got up in the morning...pets like kids are totally dependent on you. You have to teach them manners, you have to feed and bath them.... they may not wear diapers but you still have waste to dispose when they go to the bathroom.  I see know difference.. hell my girl went through her terrible twos and her stubborn teens.... she had an awesome, totally distinctive personality!

anyway- today's been a hard day but as always I appreciate your support.

Q

Written By: snozberries on 04/11/08 at 10:56 pm

btw...

I made this scrapbook at shutterfly.com today..and it really helped me cope I hope you guys get a chance to view it.

CARLY GIRL 2008

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/11/08 at 10:59 pm

btw...

I made this scrapbook at shutterfly.com today..and it really helped me cope I hope you guys get a chance to view it.

CARLY GIRL 2008

Read my email yet ? (and why I'm soon to abandon 'tribute' ?) ?

Hope you're feeling heaps better today ... and ..... I' m on my way to your 'Carly Girl' link !

:)

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/11/08 at 11:24 pm

Well, took me this long to view the set of 21 pics, on my painfully slow internet connection .... but great pics, nonetheless !

:)

Her coat looks so shiny on some of them !  8)

Written By: Tam on 04/11/08 at 11:45 pm

btw...

CARLY GIRL 2008

Girl ~ the very last picture... I absolutely LOVE!
I think it is the white/grey around her nose.
Such a graceful Lady.

Much love again

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/12/08 at 2:21 am

btw...

CARLY GIRL 2008

A treasure for your memories.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 04/12/08 at 4:33 am

Miserene dominu...miserene dominu. Canis morte tu fey.

Latin Dog Burial message, usually sung in hymn form.
Take care, Carly- may the bones be plentiful, the fire hydrants clean & shiny, and may bacon grease flavor your every meal in Heaven.

Written By: Howard on 04/12/08 at 7:06 am

That's so beautiful Snoz,Thank You. :)

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/12/08 at 5:10 pm

btw...

CARLY GIRL 2008

Wat a wonderful tribute.

Written By: gibbo on 04/12/08 at 7:07 pm

That's a fatastic picture album you have there Q....... I'm sure the pages will be well worn.  :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/12/08 at 9:16 pm

btw...

CARLY GIRL 2008

That's a beautiful album. :)

Written By: NbC on 04/13/08 at 2:08 am

Wonderful scrapbook....I love the photos where she is playing with her dog friends.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/25/08 at 1:14 am

I just saw these & those are wonderful pics of Carly in your scrapbook. she was truly a beautiful dog. thanks for sharing them.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/25/08 at 12:05 pm

Your Carly photo album is great. What a lovely dog.

Written By: snozberries on 04/25/08 at 3:29 pm

Your Carly photo album is great. What a lovely dog.

thanks Erin!

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/25/08 at 7:50 pm

Very nicely done! I'm so sorry for your loss, snoz!  :\'( :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...