inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What's on your summer agenda?

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/14/08 at 12:34 pm

With tomorrow being the first day of summer,
I have so many plans for the summer
This poll shows you just a few.

Subject: Re: What's on your summer agenda?

Written By: Midas on 04/14/08 at 12:39 pm

My main item on the agenda is to sweat.

From the poll options I chose

Laundry, show business, the usual
Dusting for fingerprints (cuz I dig the CSI-type shows :D)
Savior Faire
McDonalds has the best fries
Getting into arguments with those less fortunate, and less pretty

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/14/08 at 12:43 pm

Savoir-Faire, naturally.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/08 at 12:44 pm

My options are not listed.

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/14/08 at 12:46 pm

My options are not listed.

well, what are your plans?  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/08 at 12:48 pm

well, what are your plans?  :o
If it does not rain, attend all the cricket matches I can attend.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/14/08 at 2:36 pm

Laundry, business as usual.  Yeah, I live a pretty lame life.

Written By: skittlesking on 04/14/08 at 3:22 pm

A) Finding a way to be self employed

B) Party

C) Party

D) Party

E) Recovering from B, C and D

Written By: Howard on 04/14/08 at 3:31 pm

probably going to see my old friend Robert who lives up in Schnectady in either June or July,haven't seen him since October 2006.

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/14/08 at 3:43 pm

probably going to see my old friend Robert who lives up in Schnectady in either June or July,haven't seen him since October 2006.

When will you come to see me?

Written By: Howard on 04/14/08 at 3:44 pm

When will you come to see me?

I have no idea where you live.  ::)

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/14/08 at 3:51 pm

I have no idea where you live.  ::)

I live in PA

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/08 at 4:00 pm

I live in PA
Is that Pennsylvania

Written By: karen on 04/14/08 at 4:04 pm

from the list

Laundry, show business, the usual
and
Surgery, tennis and probably some kung fu

Not on the list

camping, running and shouting at the kids (sometimes at the same time)

Written By: Howard on 04/14/08 at 4:38 pm

I live in PA

Sorry too far. ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 04/14/08 at 4:52 pm

Is that Pennsylvania

Yes,  Gettysburg would be a nice thing to do in Pennsylvania in the summer

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/14/08 at 4:56 pm

Yes,  Gettysburg would be a nice thing to do in Pennsylvania in the summer

I go once a month during the summer. :)

Written By: Davester on 04/14/08 at 5:12 pm

Tomorrow is the first day of summer..? ???

I have to work all summer with one week vacation in June.  I'm going to do nothing...

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/08 at 5:13 pm

Tomorrow is the first day of summer..? ???

First day of winter?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/14/08 at 10:25 pm

Driving miles and miles looking for sale bins

Written By: KKay on 04/14/08 at 10:27 pm

Getting into arguments with those less fortunate, and less pretty

That means pretty much everyone.

8)

Written By: La Roche on 04/14/08 at 10:35 pm

In the words of Dave Mustaine - "Hock my brains, pack my bags and head west."

I've got plenty of work lined up this summer, working Opera Theater, Summer Stock (ugh) and plenty of big shows as local crew. Plus trips to the desert and out to California lined up. Gonna chill up in NorCal on the pacific and in the trees... some other 'trees' too.  ;)

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/16/08 at 7:33 pm

I'll probably take a few road trips, mostly to the mountains to get away from the heat.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/17/08 at 2:20 am

Driving miles and miles looking for sale bins

I will be attending more Car Boot Sales.

Written By: Howard on 04/17/08 at 7:07 am

work and maybe on my days off go to the beach or hang out with some friends.

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/17/08 at 7:56 am

work and maybe on my days off go to the beach or hang out with some friends.

like me?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/17/08 at 1:40 pm

This summer we are doing a lot of home renovations. We are putting on a new front porch, doing some landscaping, tearing out our carpet upstairs and putting in wood floors, painting and re-doing my bedroom and V's bedroom, finishing up the kitchen. Yes..we will be very busy.

We will be attending tons of Pirates games, and going on a mini vacation to Wildwood, NJ. :)

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/17/08 at 2:04 pm

This summer we are doing a lot of home renovations. We are putting on a new front porch, doing some landscaping, tearing out our carpet upstairs and putting in wood floors, painting and re-doing my bedroom and V's bedroom, finishing up the kitchen. Yes..we will be very busy.

We will be attending tons of Pirates games, and going on a mini vacation to Wildwood, NJ. :)

Wow you will certainly have a full summer!  I'm sure it'll feel so nice to have all of that done.  Very cool!

I go with my family to Wildwood, NJ every summer, ever since we were kids.  We go there and to Cape May.  Have you ever been to The Lobster House in Cape May? It's awesome.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/17/08 at 2:12 pm

Wow you will certainly have a full summer!  I'm sure it'll feel so nice to have all of that done.  Very cool!

I go with my family to Wildwood, NJ every summer, ever since we were kids.  We go there and to Cape May.  Have you ever been to The Lobster House in Cape May? It's awesome.

OMG! :o  Are you sure we weren't from the same family? My family and I used to go there every year too! We would go to Cape May also. It's been quite some time since we've all been back...but I used to LOVE it. We used to stay at the Port Royal...but this year, I think we are staying at the Carribean Motel (because of it's cool doowop theme). I don't think we've ever eaten there...I'll have to check it out when we go.

I used to LOVE going with my parents there when I was a kid. We used to do all sorts of neat things. One of my favorite things was flying kites on the beach. :)

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/17/08 at 2:39 pm

OMG! :o  Are you sure we weren't from the same family? My family and I used to go there every year too! We would go to Cape May also. It's been quite some time since we've all been back...but I used to LOVE it. We used to stay at the Port Royal...but this year, I think we are staying at the Carribean Motel (because of it's cool doowop theme). I don't think we've ever eaten there...I'll have to check it out when we go.

I used to LOVE going with my parents there when I was a kid. We used to do all sorts of neat things. One of my favorite things was flying kites on the beach. :)

No way!!! LOL That is too cool!  We always stay(ed) at a place called "Park Lane".  It was so much fun... My favorite part of the trip was always the board walk... or maybe going in the ocean... or the pool... or miniature golf... or eating LOL It's kinda hard to choose!

Yes, I highly recommend The Lobster House.  It's on the left, about a mile or so after you cross the drawbridge. 

Did you ever go whale/dolphin watching?  That's probably my all-time favorite activity that we do.

Written By: Howard on 04/17/08 at 6:52 pm

like me?

Sorry but you live far away. :(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/17/08 at 8:42 pm

No way!!! LOL That is too cool!  We always stay(ed) at a place called "Park Lane".  It was so much fun... My favorite part of the trip was always the board walk... or maybe going in the ocean... or the pool... or miniature golf... or eating LOL It's kinda hard to choose!

Yes, I highly recommend The Lobster House.  It's on the left, about a mile or so after you cross the drawbridge. 

Did you ever go whale/dolphin watching?  That's probably my all-time favorite activity that we do.

that's so awesome!! Yes..I loved the boardwalk too...it was always so much fun! No, I've never been whale/dolphin watching in NJ...however, I have relatives that live in Hilton Head, SC...and they used to have a boat. We went out on the boat and the dolphins were coming right up along side of the boat..they were taking fish right out of our hands..it was the most amazing experience..I swear. :)  That was a long time ago though..I'd love to do it again.

Yes, we will definitely check out that place that you mentioned..I love good seafood places!

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/17/08 at 10:20 pm

that's so awesome!! Yes..I loved the boardwalk too...it was always so much fun! No, I've never been whale/dolphin watching in NJ...however, I have relatives that live in Hilton Head, SC...and they used to have a boat. We went out on the boat and the dolphins were coming right up along side of the boat..they were taking fish right out of our hands..it was the most amazing experience..I swear. :)  That was a long time ago though..I'd love to do it again.

Yes, we will definitely check out that place that you mentioned..I love good seafood places!

Wow!! I would love to have such close interaction with dolphins.  How incredible is that!!  When we go, we always see dolphins, and they usually will ride the waves that the boat makes, which I think is so amazing... they're actually doing something to have fun.  So cool to see. 

If you do go there, you have the option to order at the counter and eat on the dock (you just seat yourself) or you can sit down in the restaurant.  It's always REALLY REALLY busy either way, but I would recommend sitting on the dock.  It's pretty, less of a wait, and cheaper! :)  I think it's a better menu, too... you get more for your money.

http://www.thelobsterhouse.com

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/17/08 at 10:35 pm

Wow!! I would love to have such close interaction with dolphins.  How incredible is that!!  When we go, we always see dolphins, and they usually will ride the waves that the boat makes, which I think is so amazing... they're actually doing something to have fun.  So cool to see. 

If you do go there, you have the option to order at the counter and eat on the dock (you just seat yourself) or you can sit down in the restaurant.  It's always REALLY REALLY busy either way, but I would recommend sitting on the dock.  It's pretty, less of a wait, and cheaper! :)  I think it's a better menu, too... you get more for your money.

http://www.thelobsterhouse.com

wow....that sounds positively yummy! We ate at a similar place whilst in Hilton Head, SC. It was called, The Crazy Crab...they had really good seafood (http://www.thecrazycrab.com/).

Written By: Howard on 04/18/08 at 4:12 pm

Work,make money,get a new girlfriend and spend it on her.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/18/08 at 4:43 pm

Get some overtime in at work so I can pay for some work on the house that Sig has been promising to do, but never quite gets to.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/18/08 at 5:10 pm

I am looking forward to seeing my friends again

Written By: Gis on 04/19/08 at 4:36 am

Can I come too please?

AS to summer sorry I refuse to think about it, I want spring first dammit!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/19/08 at 5:22 am

Can I come too please?

AS to summer sorry I refuse to think about it, I want spring first dammit!
True, where is spring!

Written By: danootaandme on 04/19/08 at 6:41 am

True, where is spring!

It certainly not here!  We had one almost nice spring day yesterday, but since most were working it was over before we got to enjoy it.  :(

Written By: Howard on 04/19/08 at 6:43 am

I am looking forward to seeing my friends again

And one of my old friends will be coming up after 8 years in Florida. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/25/08 at 12:59 am

my summer will include at least 1 softball tournament per month on my new senior team. I plan on doing lots of work on my landscaping at my home. we will spend a week's vacation up at South Lake Tahoe like we always do, and there's all kinds of fun stuff to do there. hopefully, several backyard cookouts, maybe a trip down to Santa Barbara to see my nephews newborn after she's born. I think I'm gonna be close to snozberries while we're there. We'll probably stay in Carpenteria. He lives in Goleta, & teaches 5th grade somewhere down there.  anyway, nothing to incredible on my summer agenda, just a typical summer for us.  8)

Written By: Howard on 04/25/08 at 6:47 am

Nothing much yet but I'll be working most of this summer.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/27/08 at 12:15 pm

With two days at cricket recently, my summer has already started.

Check for new replies or respond here...