inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ant's Rants

Written By: Red Ant on 04/27/08 at 9:39 pm

At least it rhymes. Daily bitching to come later... feel free to join in.

Ant

Subject: Re: Ant's Rants

Written By: Jessica on 04/27/08 at 9:46 pm

Ha! You got an age to listen? :D

Subject: Busch Gardens

Written By: Red Ant on 04/27/08 at 9:48 pm

I went to Busch Gardens today. The first thing we are informed of is that my Platinum Plus pass will no longer get me into preferred parking. Why, thank you for that awesome decision, whomever: I love spending 350$ on a pass that still makes me take the tram from the bumf*** parking lot. Tools.

Nicole goes to redeem her Fun Pass voucher. The fun starts when we realize guest relations has moved, apparently for our inconvenience, to the front of the park entry, not where the turnstiles are. I didn't think it possible, but BG customer service is slower than the DMV. 18 minutes later, after the employee enters enough code to launch a Shuttle, we are on our way to finally get in the park.

My fingerprint seems to have changed since the last time I used my pass - the computer tells me I'm not a valid member or some other such nonsense. The lady at the front asks me if it's the same finger I used last time, to which I curtly replied "No, I had it replaced since then". Like I'm too illiterate to read the picture showing to use your right hand index finger on the scanner.

The rest of the day was okay, like going to an amusement park should be.

Ant

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/27/08 at 9:49 pm

At least it rhymes. Daily bitching to come later... feel free to join in.

Ant

Please don't rant about me, for I don't want to flee
A bitch or two a day, helps keep the doctor away ?

For those who want to chime, about some perceived crime
We will not pay a dime, unless you make it rhyme !

:P

;D

Written By: Red Ant on 04/27/08 at 9:50 pm

Ha! You got an age to listen? :D

I'll be out of town this week, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of time when I get back to read... as well as list some new ones.

Ant

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/27/08 at 9:54 pm

There is not enough cheese to go with all the whine!

Subject: Re: Busch Gardens

Written By: Jessica on 04/27/08 at 10:03 pm

I went to Busch Gardens today. The first thing we are informed of is that my Platinum Plus pass will no longer get me into preferred parking. Why, thank you for that awesome decision, whomever: I love spending 350$ on a pass that still makes me take the tram from the bumf*** parking lot. Tools.

Nicole goes to redeem her Fun Pass voucher. The fun starts when we realize guest relations has moved, apparently for our inconvenience, to the front of the park entry, not where the turnstiles are. I didn't think it possible, but BG customer service is slower than the DMV. 18 minutes later, after the employee enters enough code to launch a Shuttle, we are on our way to finally get in the park.

My fingerprint seems to have changed since the last time I used my pass - the computer tells me I'm not a valid member or some other such nonsense. The lady at the front asks me if it's the same finger I used last time, to which I curtly replied "No, I had it replaced since then". Like I'm too illiterate to read the picture showing to use your right hand index finger on the scanner.

Ant

And this is why I don't frequent amusement parks. Well, that and because I'm a big chickenschitt who won't ride anything but the carousel and the bumper cars. ;D

I will go to the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz though....because it's free to get in.

I'm sick and I have 3 1/2 days before we leave on Amtrak. It is going to suck if I don't get better because 1. we'll be in a pretty confined space where I'll be trying not to contaminate everyone and 2. I will be dealing with Jason, BY MYSELF, on a train where he may or may not get bored. Thank goodness my family sprung for a room so I can round him up when he gets wild.

I also can't get a refund because it's too late and my family is really really REALLY delighted (read: bouncing off the walls) that we're coming out there.

Stupid body. :P

Written By: Red Ant on 04/27/08 at 10:29 pm

And this is why I don't frequent amusement parks. Well, that and because I'm a big chickenschitt who won't ride anything but the carousel and the bumper cars. ;D

I will go to the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz though....because it's free to get in.

I'm sick and I have 3 1/2 days before we leave on Amtrak. It is going to suck if I don't get better because 1. we'll be in a pretty confined space where I'll be trying not to contaminate everyone and 2. I will be dealing with Jason, BY MYSELF, on a train where he may or may not get bored. Thank goodness my family sprung for a room so I can round him up when he gets wild.

I also can't get a refund because it's too late and my family is really really REALLY delighted (read: bouncing off the walls) that we're coming out there.

Stupid body. :P

I'll ride the biggest coasters before I get on the smallest Whirl-n-Hurl type ride. I like to keep my stomach contents inside, tyvm.

Ugh, Amtrak. Sick. With a kid. You must be a masochist.  :D

Ant

Written By: Jessica on 04/28/08 at 10:03 am

I'll ride the biggest coasters before I get on the smallest Whirl-n-Hurl type ride. I like to keep my stomach contents inside, tyvm.

Ugh, Amtrak. Sick. With a kid. You must be a masochist.  :D

Ant

I'll ride the Tilt-A-Whirl. That's as far as I'll go.

Not a masochist, just homesick and wanting to be there for my grandmother's 80th birthday party. ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 04/28/08 at 10:34 am

At present, the main bitch session on my part is with guitarists.

They're supposed to grow on trees!
Why the %^#$%! is it so damn hard to find one NOW?

Every positive move forward I make, there's a backward move to compensate.

It's like the first line in my song, "Picture Perfect":
"You know that life is like a game of chess- you make a move, and something goes."

My drummer is chomping at the bit, I'm chomping at the bit, and my bass player will attend practice when the guitarist is lined up. (Coming from Lincoln, I can understand)

Guitarists are supposed to be the easiest players to find, and now I can't find one, if my ass depended on it!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/28/08 at 10:35 am

Can you only rant in rhyme here?

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/28/08 at 10:48 am

Can you only rant in rhyme here?

Only one fool has bothered so far .... so,  no, not required.

If you want to play, or want to have a say,
The words they don't quite fit ? We will not give you ssh !  :-X  ..it

So if a nerve is raw, or you want to just postwhore
Please don't give a  ssh  :-X it ! ... if you need to throw a fit !

:P

Written By: Tam on 04/28/08 at 10:09 pm

Did Ant fare the storms in Va today?
We shall see what he has to say....

Let us know you are good Jack!

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/08 at 10:36 pm

Okay see now after watching Celbracadabra or whatever that new reality show about has beens and neverwas doing magic tricks is called... I thought we were going to discuss Ant's rants...but now I see this is a place started by Ant for us to rant... I get it... I'm quick!

um... cept for a $1300 vet bill I got nothing to rant about....

Jess...as for your trip might I suggest game boy, PSP, or Nintendo DS;  a video iPod or portable DVD player and some sort of power supply to keep the electronics running. 

Written By: Jessica on 04/28/08 at 10:48 pm

Jess...as for your trip might I suggest game boy, PSP, or Nintendo DS;  a video iPod or portable DVD player and some sort of power supply to keep the electronics running. 

Got it covered. ;)

Jason has a portable DVD player for trips and Mommy has an iPod and three books to read. :D Amtrak does have a power source, but it's not guaranteed to be reliable. However, the DVD player can hold a charge for six hours, so it's all good.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/08 at 1:41 am

Again and again, it is starting to rain.
I do have to go out, should I scream or shout?
No doubt as a bet, I will get soaking wet.
And with a grin, I am staying in.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/29/08 at 3:03 am

It's 4 in the morning
I'm hungry, my stomach is warning
So what can I eat,
Breakfast or treat?
or perhaps nothing if my blood sugar is high?
It is, so no food, I sigh.  :P

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 04/29/08 at 2:31 pm

No end in sight-
Separate the black from the white.
Is there no way for the anguish to end?

No end in sight-
It is either wrong, or it's right.
It's the only way to shut me up, my friend.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/30/08 at 9:18 am

Again and again, it is starting to rain.
I do have to go out, should I scream or shout?
No doubt as a bet, I will get soaking wet.
And with a grin, I am staying in.
Just add a few extra agains to this.

Written By: Red Ant on 05/01/08 at 8:06 pm

Did Ant fare the storms in Va today?
We shall see what he has to say....

Let us know you are good Jack!

The tornados missed me by a good 40 miles. Parts of Suffolk are in pretty bad shape though. I drove through the backside of that storm down to SC - it was nasty in NC: some of the darkest clouds I've ever seen.

Now that I'm back, it's time for more rants!

As I wrote above, I was in SC this week. The trip down was okay. The fun started when we got to the Days Inn motel in York, SC. Frankly, it is the worst room I've ever stayed in. My back is still sore from the Sealy Unposturepedic mattress I slept on.

Tuesday was where the real fun began. We get to the site, ready to run wire. Ah, but we have to fix 9 rooms' worth of conduit first that the framers tore all to hell while redoing walls. That burned most of Tuesday. Yesterday, we go to run wire, only to find about 100 tons of sheetrock stacked in front of our boxes. Total loss of a day.

Today I got in 2 hours of work before I did one of the dumber things in my life: I managed to shoot a 1/2" staple into my hand. After reaching Hell's Pass Emergency Care clinic some 90 minutes later, I fork out my 50$ copay. The doctor doesn't want to treat my hand really, but after insisting on a shot of something to numb it she begrudgingly injects my hand (so I can drive home 7 hours w/o holding a bag of ice in it). It's still numb now, 8 hours after the shot. Somedays you can't win for losing.

I thought we were going to discuss Ant's rants...but now I see this is a place started by Ant for us to rant... I get it... I'm quick!

um... cept for a $1300 vet bill I got nothing to rant about....

A 1300$ bill is good rant material... and yeah, this thread is for everyone's rants, not just mine.  :)

Ant

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/01/08 at 8:21 pm

and yeah, this thread is for everyone's rants, not just mine.  :)

Ant

That's cool, cos when you're a fool
who wants to get mad, when yer feeling bad
You can let off steam, when you've had a bad dream
Or think your Chuck, when yer really a 'Schmuk' !  :-[ 

:P  :D ;D

Written By: Tam on 05/02/08 at 12:01 am

Here's a rant....

A friend of mine got me to thinking about this, and now it has lit a fire!

It is funny how people like to sit around and bitch and complain about the war, about how we shouldn't be there, about how the wrong decisions were made, howwe are now the tyrants.... you know what??!!??!! It is The American Soldier who gives you the right to sit on your ass and complain!

Of course we all know that they signed up for their jobs, but had they not..... WOULD YOU??

Some people should quit their damn complaining and start thanking a Soldier or two for their ability to complain!

<.....end rant else I turn this into a political debate, which we all know I am not good at winnning, so I will just say "Thanks Ant, for giving me the space to Rant!">

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/02/08 at 11:42 am

Whether the weather
will be better or wetter
Whatever the change of letter.

Written By: Jessica on 05/04/08 at 8:47 am

Here's a rant....

A friend of mine got me to thinking about this, and now it has lit a fire!

It is funny how people like to sit around and bitch and complain about the war, about how we shouldn't be there, about how the wrong decisions were made, howwe are now the tyrants.... you know what??!!??!! It is The American Soldier who gives you the right to sit on your ass and complain!

Of course we all know that they signed up for their jobs, but had they not..... WOULD YOU??

Some people should quit their damn complaining and start thanking a Soldier or two for their ability to complain!

<.....end rant else I turn this into a political debate, which we all know I am not good at winnning, so I will just say "Thanks Ant, for giving me the space to Rant!">

I strongly disagree with the reasons for this war (but we'll leave that for another day), but damned if I'm going to take that out on a soldier just because someone higher up thought it would be fun to make trouble. Did you SEE that video of the barracks (I forget where) that was circulating about? Jesus, that was disgusting. And don't even get me started on how Veterans are treated.

Written By: Tam on 05/04/08 at 11:54 am

I strongly disagree with the reasons for this war (but we'll leave that for another day), but damned if I'm going to take that out on a soldier just because someone higher up thought it would be fun to make trouble. Did you SEE that video of the barracks (I forget where) that was circulating about? Jesus, that was disgusting. And don't even get me started on how Veterans are treated.

I know right!!!! I don't think I have seen the video, I try to not watch the negative side so much.
Personally, I support the troops no matter what! I just do not support their Commander and Chief!
VA? Girl, we could sit here for hours talking about that shyt!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/04/08 at 11:58 am

I know right!!!! I don't think I have seen the video, I try to not watch the negative side so much.
Personally, I support the troops no matter what! I just do not support their Commander and Chief!

Tell me about it.

Cat

Written By: Tam on 05/04/08 at 12:13 pm

Tell me about it.

Cat

Ya! If anyone knows about VA firsthand it's you my friend!
And I feel the need to apologize to you for your treatment!!

8)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 05/04/08 at 3:48 pm

Patriotic soldiers get the shaft in their declining years.

If he were alive, my uncle'd agree right along with you!

Written By: wildcard on 05/05/08 at 11:48 am

Joel will you help me today?
Shakes his head and says no way
Video games I must play some hours more
Said you'd help edit when I sing
Now I can't do a F N thing

Hate your guts now little brother
Brake your Playstation and other
If you don't help me today
You better heed what I say  

added title Sister's Little Helper

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/05/08 at 12:57 pm

I always tell people if a soldier is willing to fight and die for a Country.  When that soldier comes home that Country he/she was willing to die for had better take care of him/her.  Plus there is a big difference in my mind between being for the war and being for the troops.  I think a lot of people agree.

Written By: Tam on 05/05/08 at 1:58 pm

I always tell people if a soldier is willing to fight and die for a Country.  When that soldier comes home that Country he/she was willing to die for had better take care of him/her.  Plus there is a big difference in my mind between being for the war and being for the troops.  I think a lot of people agree.

karma +1
You are right - there is a big difference between the two.
The war supporters can be found on Capitol Hill...
The troop supporters can be found almost anywhere!!! 8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/08 at 4:57 am

A chance met, on a street
Could be a hoodie
Soften the load by crossing the road.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 05/09/08 at 6:01 pm

People on this music board that I ercently joined are already trying to railroad me out.

This particular board has, like, 50 Bon Jovi threads, and about as many threads on Queen.
Yet I start one innocent thread on The Tubes, and I get bombarded with crap.

While I respect these two artists, I don't find it cool to bag on a minority, just because I'm not up with such interesting threads as "Richie Sambora Finds A Pimple On His Butt In Prison!", or "Freddie Mercury's CODpiece".

That's why I like this place- you're allowed to be yourself!

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/09/08 at 6:18 pm

People on this music board that I ercently joined are already trying to railroad me out.

This particular board has, like, 50 Bon Jovi threads, and about as many threads on Queen.
Yet I start one innocent thread on The Tubes, and I get bombarded with crap.

While I respect these two artists, I don't find it cool to bag on a minority, just because I'm not up with such interesting threads as "Richie Sambora Finds A Pimple On His Butt In Prison!", or "Freddie Mercury's CODpiece".

That's why I like this place- you're allowed to be yourself!

Relax. Have a coffee. Expresso yourself !

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 05/10/08 at 5:18 am

Relax. Have a coffee. Expresso yourself !

Just as long as you don't tell me to "Shaddap-A My Face".

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/10/08 at 9:18 am

Ya! If anyone knows about VA firsthand it's you my friend!
And I feel the need to apologize to you for your treatment!!

8)

There is no need for YOU to apologize. Who needs to apologize is the V.A. & the government.

Cat

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 05/10/08 at 12:40 pm

There is no need for YOU to apologize. Who needs to apologize is the V.A. & the government.

Cat

I hope you will allow this Karma to help with the apology process, since we all know the Government doesn't apologize for anything...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/10/08 at 2:03 pm

I hope you will allow this Karma to help with the apology process, since we all know the Government doesn't apologize for anything...

Awwww, thanks. Right back at ya. Actually, I'm sure I have been treated much better than many other vets-vets who are more deserving than I am.

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 05/13/08 at 6:05 pm

ikdfijoidfujgoperuiorfiosdujiogoprd oh I'd just like to kill my Mother again.  Bilding my confidence is a waste of time.  Social life is worthless too.  She says I meed to start taking medicine again for my brain.  She's looking back at the fact I did better when I went to college.  She's ignoring the fact that I was able to hear and socialize with people back then.  That doesn't seem like much but things like this go back a long way.  There's been times we've had problems communicating with eachother and even when I do guess what she's saying I'm the one with the problem.  I'm always wrong.  Not to long ago she called me a lazy a**h***.  You know I just might be because I'm d if I do and I'm d if I don't.  Also I have my half of the dysfunction in which their confidence is lost and they rely on the other person to do everything for them.    Mom says I should have left sooner.  I probably should have but it's very possible that she would have screwed up the life of my brothers if I did leave.     

I'm okay I just needed to get the c*** out of my system and straighten out my thoughts. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/13/08 at 11:14 pm

Ant

Sounds more like a nightmare from the Kremlin!
::)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 05/13/08 at 11:24 pm

Wildcard- Parents who are cruel like that don't realize the damage they cause, and if they do, they generally don't care. You sound as though you should just get away from her, and do something you want to do, with your life.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/13/08 at 11:25 pm

Wildcard- Parents who are cruel like that don't realize the damage they cause, and if they do, they generally don't care. You sound as though you should just get away from her, and do something you want to do, with your life.

I second that. No one deserves that kind of abuse. :-\\

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/14/08 at 12:36 am

Ant

Sounds more like a nightmare from the Kremlin!
::)

I'd expect Red Ant to know all about the Kremlin. Next door to 'Red Square'. He's probably been there ?    ???

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3348/230pxredsquarenightzg8.jpg

I was RIGHT !

:D

Written By: wildcard on 05/14/08 at 1:00 am

Hawk Quirk thanks I know I will have to get away as soom as possible.  Is going to be time for me to see the ear doctor again, get my ears fixed, get a job(s) hearing or not, and find a place to live.   I'm not sure how and I am scared.  I don't know what there is to be afraid of and I believe this fear has to do with how I was treated in the past.  Got to keep my head clear and continue following my heart.  

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 05/14/08 at 2:00 am

Hawk Quirk thanks I know I will have to get away as soom as possible.  Is going to be time for me to see the ear doctor again, get my ears fixed, get a job(s) hearing or not, and find a place to live.   I'm not sure how and I am scared.  I don't know what there is to be afraid of and I believe this fear has to do with how I was treated in the past.  Got to keep my head clear and continue following my heart.  

It can be a tough thing, especially if it's your first time out.
It can be very scary....we all go through it. Know that there are those who you can turn to, for advice, should you feel the need.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/14/08 at 9:02 am

ikdfijoidfujgoperuiorfiosdujiogoprd oh I'd just like to kill my Mother again.  Bilding my confidence is a waste of time.  Social life is worthless too.  She says I meed to start taking medicine again for my brain.  She's looking back at the fact I did better when I went to college.  She's ignoring the fact that I was able to hear and socialize with people back then.  That doesn't seem like much but things like this go back a long way.  There's been times we've had problems communicating with eachother and even when I do guess what she's saying I'm the one with the problem.  I'm always wrong.  Not to long ago she called me a lazy a**h***.  You know I just might be because I'm d if I do and I'm d if I don't.  Also I have my half of the dysfunction in which their confidence is lost and they rely on the other person to do everything for them.    Mom says I should have left sooner.  I probably should have but it's very possible that she would have screwed up the life of my brothers if I did leave.     

I'm okay I just needed to get the c*** out of my system and straighten out my thoughts. 

This was the reason I joined the Air Force at the young age of 19. It had nothing to do with my patriotism but had everything to do with my self-preservation from my mother. I still have a lot of issues with my mother but I have learned to deal with them and with her. I find that I can deal with her very easily on the phone-but I get in the same room with her and within 10 minutes I am ready to pull my hair out. My sister & I have learned how to handle that, too. We visit with her at the same time so neither one of us gets the full brunt of having to deal with her.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/14/08 at 1:30 pm

I find that I can deal with her very easily on the phone-but I get in the same room with her and within 10 minutes I am ready to pull my hair out. My sister & I have learned how to handle that, too. We visit with her at the same time so neither one of us gets the full brunt of having to deal with her.

Cat

It's nice to know that others have that problem too, er I don't mean I'm glad others have the problem, rather I mean I'm glad that I'm not alone in having a hard time dealing/communicating with my mother. 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/14/08 at 1:33 pm

wildcard: I'm not sure how severe your hearing disability is (I have one too) but if there is a Goodwill Thrift Store near you, they have programs to help people with disabilities find work (or sometimes hire them to work in the stores themselves). 
You might consider that an option to help you find work until you can get something better. 

Hang in there.  :)

Written By: wildcard on 05/14/08 at 3:46 pm

wildcard: I'm not sure how severe your hearing disability is (I have one too) but if there is a Goodwill Thrift Store near you, they have programs to help people with disabilities find work (or sometimes hire them to work in the stores themselves). 
You might consider that an option to help you find work until you can get something better. 

Hang in there.  :)

profound  I haven't been able to understand speech for 4 years now. We finally found a good doctor iafter going to Sacramento.  When I had my right ear surgery on my ear drum the doctor found one of the bones in my ear had broken off.  I will be having a surgery for a metal bone which should at least get me out of profoundness with my speech.  My left ear seems to recieve tones.  It is still excellent but may have a slight volume loss.  I see the doctor again July 15.

I should see if there's something I could be doing for now.  I use to pop out library cards and things like that at the library for a little while but eventually It got me down that everyone around me could still hear eachother.  I didn't think staying there and feeling depressed would do me any good. 

Check for new replies or respond here...