inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Has online life hindered your real life?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/08 at 10:21 pm

The reason I ask this is because today I was thinking about my own life. I was thinking about how I put in so much time to online friends (which all of you are great, btw), but when it comes to real life...it's harder for me to make lasting friendships. It's kind of funny too because I have several people that I consider to be my friends in real life, and I have them on my myspace. I talk to them all the time on there, leave them nice comments, engage in great conversation...BUT, when it comes to talking to them in real life, or making plans with them, etc...I am pretty shy. I tend to not be able to be as outgoing in person with them, as I do online.

So, has your online life taken over your real life?

Subject: Re: Has online life hindered your real life?

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/28/08 at 10:41 pm

Let me just follow up on that by saying, you know I understand sweetie, and you know I love you.  :-* :-*  :) :-* :-*

Seriously I feel the same way about myself too, so I can relate there. I've always had casual friends and people I'm cool with, but I don't have any "blood brother" buddies I see everyday. I guess as people get older, they get involved in their own lives, which is understandable to a point...but it can make creating new frienships harder.

I could go on about it forever in a poetic "sappy '80s love song" or "Jerry Springer giving a Final Thought" way, but in short, I think it's in a way easier to make friends online. One, because there's common interests (a board like this for example that draws more "old school minded" people), and also and maybe more importantly, because it gives you a chance to really get to know other people better. You can be yourself easier because there's not the pressure there can be face to face, where you might get ignored in favor of someone else.

So I think it makes perfect sense, and I'm thankful for it everyday now. :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/08 at 10:46 pm

Yeah I used to make fun of a friend of mine who spent all her time on line talking to her so called friends... I'm like you can't make friends on line those people hiding away in their apartments...GIVE ME A BREAK! you need a real life....

yeah now I am hiding away in my apartment talking to the friends I've made on line!  ::)

I think I owe someone an apology!  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/28/08 at 10:48 pm

^ People still kinda don't take online friendships or relationships seriously, do they? Not just older people, but any age...they still treat it like "oh how do you who they really are" and stuff. Why do you think it's not respected at large and people act like it's still 1997 and brand new?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/28/08 at 10:50 pm

Actually, I totally know what you are talking about.  I have many friends online.  Not really anybody offline that I talk to very often.  I have two people that I know offline that live hours away from me, and I talk to them online and sometimes will phone them to say hello.  But I think I've gotten so comfortable with being online that my social personality offline has withered.  I can't really explain it but it feels like it alot more risky to talk to somebody face-to-face or even on the phone.  Somehow I've come to depend on smilies or internet acronyms such as lol.

I'm the same person online and off.  It's just...I usually let my hubby do the talking offline, he is a chatterbox and I feel comfortable being quiet and listening.  Although truthfully, I don't hear as well as I used to (hearing in one ear is close to nothing and hearing in the other ear is getting worse and worse.)  So...that leaves the internet for me to communicate.

My mom always tells me I should have more friends (meaning offline) but I'm satisfied (to an extent) with my life online, and I would probably meet ya'll if I lived closer. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/08 at 10:51 pm

^ People still kinda don't take online friendships or relationships seriously, do they? Not just older people, but any age...they still treat it like "oh how do you who they really are" and stuff. Why do you think it's not respected at large and people act like it's still 1997 and brand new?

well like Q said...it's all because of the "image" that society has taken on concerning online frequenters. It was established that they are either losers with no life (thus creating one online)...or creeps who are stalking 12 year old girls. Yes...both DO exist..but some of the nicest people I've "met" in my life have been through online contacts.

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/28/08 at 10:57 pm

I think creeps and losers might only be about 5% of the real online population, but they make an image for everyone, sadly.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/08 at 10:59 pm

I think creeps and losers might only be about 5% of the real online population, but they make an image for everyone, sadly.

I think the statistics might be a "bit" higher than that...but none the less...there ARE good people out there.

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/08 at 11:02 pm

I'm a little more quiet off line... well until I get to "know" you... sometimes I try too hard and then my lovely sarcastic wit can turn unintentionally biting...  those who love me..love me... and those who hate me REALLY HATE ME... so you know..

I worry about meeting some people because I don't want to ruin the friendships I've established... but there are some of you guys though that I really REALLY do  want to meet.... 

I think tho that I have totally changed because of my addiction to this board. Although I am not as active as say a few months ago...work sucks!  I still relish the time I spend with my friends.  I have missed TV shows to be on line...and I never miss tv shows!

Written By: Jessica on 04/28/08 at 11:03 pm

And to them I say, "And how do you know who people are in REAL LIFE?" I've met some real @ssholes in my time, and they weren't from the internet.

Some of my best friends come from this mangled mass of wires and I am PROUD of it. I met my husband on here and I don't care. When Rice and I first started dating, I used to dread the "how did you meet?" question. Now I just blurt it out and if people look at me weird, that's their problem.

To answer your question, yes, the web affected my life. For the better, I think. I'm not adverse to going out and meeting people in real life, but I'm glad to know that if those friendships don't work out, I can come back to my boards. :)

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/08 at 11:07 pm

I think the statistics might be a "bit" higher than that...but none the less...there ARE good people out there.

yeah my friend has a bit of um..an addiction to ......well lets just say she's not above the casual hook up  8-P

so for me hearing this person who was in some ways too social...yet very much kept to herself I thought her being online as much as she was was very unhealthy... by the same token. I have become more withdrawn from the real world than I used to be because I enjoy the time I spend here.  In some ways its not completely healthy.....but I have made formed some friendships that I value as much as my "real" friendships.... 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/28/08 at 11:09 pm

I met both of my husbands on the internet.  :P  The first one...well...I guess that was just a practice marriage.  8-P

The second (and final) one is working out splendidly.  I'm kinda proud of how we met.  Lord knows I tried to find somebody offline for many years.  I dated some but spent alot of time on my own or with a gay guy friend.  So hey, I think the internet is great.  lol

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/08 at 11:13 pm

I met both of my husbands on the internet.  :P  The first one...well...I guess that was just a practice marriage.  8-P

The second (and final) one is working out splendidly.  I'm kinda proud of how we met.  Lord knows I tried to find somebody offline for many years.  I dated some but spent alot of time on my own or with a gay guy friend.  So hey, I think the internet is great.  lol

amazing how some of those internet romances can work out despite the perception huh?

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/29/08 at 1:23 am

What is this "real" life of which you speak?

Calm down!  It's all just ones and zeroes!

Written By: Howard on 04/29/08 at 7:11 am

No It hasn't.I enjoy coming home from a long day and talking to you guys but I also like to talk to my old friends whom I've known for well over a decade so actually both can be enjoyed.

Written By: gibbo on 04/29/08 at 7:23 am

Has it hindered my real life?  You bet!  ;D  I'm forever in trouble with my wife for not doing chores and generally procrastinating. I just can't seem to drag myself away sometimes...... :o 

Written By: Howard on 04/29/08 at 7:25 am

Has it hindered my real life?  You bet!  ;D   I'm forever in trouble with my wife for not doing chores and generally procrastinating. I just can't seem to drag myself away sometimes...... :o 

From here?

Written By: gibbo on 04/29/08 at 7:29 am

From here?

Absolutely from here.........sometimes this place really goes off and can be riveting... ;)

Written By: Howard on 04/29/08 at 7:43 am

Absolutely from here.........sometimes this place really goes off and can be riveting... ;)

Yes I know what you mean Gibbo.

Written By: gibbo on 04/29/08 at 7:48 am

Yes I know what you mean Gibbo.

....even when people are fighting...it's exciting.... :o

Written By: Howard on 04/29/08 at 7:52 am

That's why I've been here 7 years.

Written By: gibbo on 04/29/08 at 7:54 am

That's why I've been here 7 years.

Oi vay...the stories he could tell.... ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/29/08 at 3:54 pm

Yes

Written By: La Roche on 04/29/08 at 5:44 pm

No, in fact in some ways, with the advent of social networking sites it helps.

I've met people out and about, said "hey, look me up on facebook" or something to that effect (because let's face it, it's far more casual than thrusting your phone number in to some stunners hand) and badabing, badaboom, result!

Written By: whistledog on 04/29/08 at 6:42 pm

I wish I could get internet romance to work for me.  I ain't having much luck in the real world :\'(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/29/08 at 6:55 pm

I wish I could get internet romance to work for me.  I ain't having much luck in the real world :\'(

I've had experience with online romance and in real life romance...and both instances brought wackos to me at times. :D

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/29/08 at 8:04 pm

well like Q said...it's all because of the "image" that society has taken on concerning online frequenters. It was established that they are either losers with no life (thus creating one online)...or creeps who are stalking 12 year old girls. Yes...both DO exist..but some of the nicest people I've "met" in my life have been through online contacts.

I do believe we are 'Creep' free on this site ?  Still you never know ?  :-X  .....

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9914/creepdg1.jpg

::)  :P

People fight ?  ???    :o

You mean HERE gibbo ... on THIS site ... gibbo ?  ???  :(  :\'(

Fortunately,  never been involved in one of them  ... myself, that is.  8)    :)    ::)

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3250/alfootballmn9.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2753/bbalbatoy1.jpg

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5955/pballqb7.jpg
As long as he doesn't turn the ball around .... it's ALRIGHT !  8)

:P

:D

;D

Written By: gibbo on 04/29/08 at 8:10 pm

I do believe we are 'Creep' free on this site ?  Still you never know ?  :-X  .....

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9914/creepdg1.jpg

::)   :P

People fight ?  ???    :o

You mean HERE gibbo ... on THIS site ... gibbo ?   ???   :(   :\'(

Fortunately,  never been involved in one of them  ... myself, that is.   8)    :)    ::)

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3250/alfootballmn9.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2753/bbalbatoy1.jpg

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5955/pballqb7.jpg
As long as he doesn't turn the ball around .... it's ALRIGHT !   8)

;D

Of course, I never meant you...... ;D

Written By: ninny on 04/29/08 at 9:11 pm

Has it hindered my real life?  You bet!  ;D   I'm forever in trouble with my wife for not doing chores and generally procrastinating. I just can't seem to drag myself away sometimes...... :o 

My husband says the same thing..The other day I was playing in the arcade...lost track of time.next thing you know it was 11:15..and my husband was mumbling something about the computer was ruining his life,he was going to throw it out the window. He thinks posting is a waste of his and my time..The friends online are the only friends that I really have contact with...Good God I lead such a depressing life..come to think of it this has become my life.

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/08 at 9:16 pm

My husband says the same thing..The other day I was playing in the arcade...lost track of time.next thing you know it was 11:15..and my husband was mumbling something about the computer was ruining his life,he was going to throw it out the window. He thinks posting is a waste of his and my time..The friends online are the only friends that I really have contact with...Good God I lead such a depressing life..come to think of it this has become my life.

don't look at the quantity just look at the quality  of friends.... I doubt you'd find friends as wicked as Alan and Peter in the real world....  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/29/08 at 9:28 pm

But seriously ... I didn't realise there WAS that kind of tension between you and your husband. I imagine it's a  similar story  for you too, Erin ( 'Quirk' ) ? 

Written By: ninny on 04/29/08 at 9:36 pm

But seriously ... I didn't realise there WAS that kind of tension between you and your husband. I imagine it's a  similar story  for you too, Erin ( 'Quirk' ) ? 

My husband says there wont be tension if I would spend more time with him,and less time on the computer.

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/29/08 at 9:45 pm

My husband says there wont be tension if I would spend more time with him,and less time on the computer.

Whilst I DO enjoy your company  :) ... I do believe ALL of us ..... < included .... should strive for more balance in our lives (easier said than done ! )  :-[

Time spent playing with online friends great .... but that time could be devoted to the nearest and dearest. Well, as long as it seems to be working .... BUT there could be regrets later (generally speaking / no one particular person in mind)  ..... that more time wasn't given to THOSE people ?  :(

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/08 at 9:52 pm

Do what you have to do ....we'll all still be here when you can play again  ;)
Plus maybe I can win back some of those titles you stole took from me.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/29/08 at 10:12 pm

no, not really. When I'm on the computer...he usually plays video games. LOL! ;D

Written By: gibbo on 04/29/08 at 10:36 pm

don't look at the quantity just look at the quality  of friends.... I doubt you'd find friends as wicked as Alan and Peter in the real world....  ;D

Don't leave yourself out of THAT equation Q...... ;)

Written By: gibbo on 04/29/08 at 10:38 pm

I feel your pain Janine.....we all loves ya!!!  :-* ;) :)

Written By: gibbo on 04/29/08 at 10:42 pm

no, not really. When I'm on the computer...he usually plays video games. LOL! ;D

Not fair......my wife (and I, of course) try to teach our kids there are other things to do besides play games on the computer. Therein lays my conflict of interest. I'm in the position of being a bad role model (and also being treated as one of the kids)....

Alan...you are correct it is all about balance. You may have noticed I'm on later at night now (after the kids have gone to bed etc)..but it is harder on my health with lack of sleep etc...

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/08 at 11:02 pm

Not fair......my wife (and I, of course) try to teach our kids there are other things to do besides play games on the computer. Therein lays my conflict of interest. I'm in the position of being a bad role model (and also being treated as one of the kids)....

Alan...you are correct it is all about balance. You may have noticed I'm on later at night now (after the kids have gone to bed etc)..but it is harder on my health with lack of sleep etc...

hypocrite!  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/29/08 at 11:06 pm

well we only go on the computer/play video games when Vaughn is already in bed. When he's awake...we do educational/recreational things with him.

Written By: Gis on 04/30/08 at 1:18 am

It's the other way round in our house.  ;D This is the only time I get near the computer. We have it set up in the sitting room otherwise I'd never see him at all!

Written By: Howard on 04/30/08 at 6:58 am

Oi vay...the stories he could tell.... ;)

loads of stories on here.

Written By: ninny on 05/01/08 at 2:43 pm

Thank God ;D ;D...No I love all you guys,but my husband would probably not let me talk to them if we meet face to face :(

Written By: Tia on 05/01/08 at 2:44 pm

my real life frequently hinders my online life.

Written By: ninny on 05/01/08 at 2:47 pm

Do what you have to do ....we'll all still be here when you can play again  ;)
Plus maybe I can win back some of those titles you stole took from me.

I just stoled another..luckily Tim has started to discover the games,so now he wants me off the computer so he can play :)
I feel your pain Janine.....we all loves ya!!!  :-* ;) :)

We love you too :)
It's the other way round in our house.  ;D This is the only time I get near the computer. We have it set up in the sitting room otherwise I'd never see him at all!

Tim  has decided to share the comp. with me and play in the arcade, but he still thinks I spend too much time on it.

Written By: Midas on 05/01/08 at 2:55 pm

my real life frequently hinders my online life.

Mine too!

Written By: Tia on 05/01/08 at 3:00 pm

Mine too!
reality < LTE

Written By: Howard on 05/01/08 at 3:02 pm

I have no life besides this one.  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/01/08 at 6:42 pm

Thank God ;D ;D...No I love all you guys,but my husband would probably not let me talk to them if we meet face to face :(

8)    :-*  ;D

:)

Written By: Howard on 05/02/08 at 7:20 am

Yes It Has. :(

Written By: gibbo on 05/02/08 at 7:27 am

hypocrite!   ;D

Now that's not very nice Q......You know, I'm ALWAYS nice to you... ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/02/08 at 2:57 pm

In many ways.

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/02/08 at 4:16 pm

I guess a little but i feel my online life is as real as my "real" life so it's all good.

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/02/08 at 8:31 pm

I believe in a way I spend more time online than with my friends, but I still try to keep a balance. However, with our busy lives, getting together with friends are becoming few and far between.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/03/08 at 3:29 am

No, not really.  I moved last September and my online friends kept me sane.  I'm not comfortable in daily face to face hanging out with friends, so it's hard for me to replace the "real life" friends I did have.  What's really funny is when I mention one of my online friends and my real life friends ask "who's that?"

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/03/08 at 3:35 am

No, not really.  I moved last September and my online friends kept me sane.  I'm not comfortable in daily face to face hanging out with friends, so it's hard for me to replace the "real life" friends I did have. 

Hey ... think I moved the same month !  8)

What's really funny is when I mention one of my online friends and my real life friends ask "who's that?"

:-[

Thought they'd heard of ME .... on Mars !

(Well, a 'space ace' might know the answer to that one ? )  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/03/08 at 3:40 am

Hey ... think I moved the same month !  8)

:-[

Thought they'd heard of ME .... on Mars !

(Well, a 'space ace' might know the answer to that one ? )  ;D

It was my first time moving out of the area, so it was difficult.  It would have been much worse with out the internet.  September's not a bad month to move.

They probably have heard of you on Mars.  It just so happens that I'm not from Mars.  I'm from a galaxy and a half north-east of Mars.

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/03/08 at 3:43 am

It was my first time moving out of the area, so it was difficult.  It would have been much worse with out the internet.  September's not a bad month to move.

They probably have heard of you on Mars.  It just so happens that I'm not from Mars.  I'm from a galaxy and a half north-east of Mars.

Fortunately .. I have a wireless service ... so was able to get the internet straight away, when I moved.

I thought you were gonna tell me you're from Venus ..... (Men are from Mars ........ ) .

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/03/08 at 3:47 am

Fortunately .. I have a wireless service ... so was able to get the internet straight away, when I moved.

I thought you were gonna tell me you're from Venus ..... (Men are from Mars ........ ) .

I had a laptop with good security.  I think I tried to read that book once.  For some reason it seemed a little too weird for me to proceed.

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/03/08 at 3:57 am

I had a laptop with good security.  I think I tried to read that book once.  For some reason it seemed a little too weird for me to proceed.

I've seen that guy on tv ... John Gray. He comes across as ANYTHING but a man's man ... to me. Almost effeminate !

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/03/08 at 4:01 am

I've seen that guy on tv ... John Gray. He comes across as ANYTHING but a man's man ... to me. Almost effeminate !

No dear, he's just very sensitive.  Most sensitive men can show a bit of femininity and be comfortable with it.  Not to be confused with gay or any other gender issues.

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/03/08 at 4:04 am

No dear, he's just very sensitive.  Most sensitive men can show a bit of femininity and be comfortable with it.  Not to be confused with gay or any other gender issues.

I wouldn't have a problem with him being gay ... and 'sensitivity' ..... well, I reckon I've got my fair share of that too.  Maybe it's his appearance ?    ???    :-\\ 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/03/08 at 4:06 am

I wouldn't have a problem with him being gay ... and 'sensitivity' ..... well, I reckon I've got my fair share of that too.  Maybe it's his appearance ?    ???    :-\\ 

He kind of looks like a ten year old boy.  There's just that underdeveloped look about him.

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/03/08 at 4:17 am

He kind of looks like a ten year old boy.  There's just that underdeveloped look about him.

I guess that's what I'm getting at. Yeah, I did start to read his book some years back .... but like you ... tuned out for some reason (and that's BEFORE I'd ever seen him ... ).

Written By: Howard on 05/03/08 at 6:42 am

I have no life besides the virtual world.

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/03/08 at 10:20 am

I have no life besides the virtual world.

You have been integrated into the silicon chips. I'm there too ... amongst the sillycon chips.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/03/08 at 8:47 pm

You have been integrated into the silicon chips. I'm there too ... amongst the sillycon chips.

Do you have any dip for those chips? LOL! ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/03/08 at 9:57 pm

I believe in a way I spend more time online than with my friends, but I still try to keep a balance. However, with our busy lives, getting together with friends are becoming few and far between.

I totally agree, it's the same with me. The good thing about online interactions is that it's instant and you can do it no matter how far away you are (thank gosh for that). ;) I think the computer is almost like an interactive form of entertainment, and it's cool to add it to our lives as long as we still keep a balance with real friends and family and stuff.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/04/08 at 5:47 am

Has rigor mortis been mentioned in this thread yet?

Written By: Howard on 05/04/08 at 5:50 am

Yes It Is unfortunately.

Written By: mandamoo on 05/04/08 at 7:55 am

I'd say it has enriched it in a lot of ways  :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/04/08 at 7:59 am

I'd say it has enriched it in a lot of ways  :)

And you have discovered ..... your famous 'double'  !    ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/04/08 at 5:09 pm

And you have discovered ..... your famous 'double'  !    ;D

She has a double?

Written By: gibbo on 05/04/08 at 6:12 pm

She has a double?

That would be double trouble  :o

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/04/08 at 11:55 pm

Wow, and I thought being stuck to your chair for a week out of fear that you may miss something was a bit much.

Written By: mandamoo on 05/05/08 at 5:13 am

That would be double trouble  :o

:o ??? :-\\ :(

Written By: Howard on 05/05/08 at 6:46 am

Wow, and I thought being stuck to your chair for a week out of fear that you may miss something was a bit much.

rigor mortis is worse. :o

Written By: wildcard on 05/05/08 at 11:11 am

On line live is helping me to start a live.  I get by with a little help from my friends
Stuck in cyberspace I'm too

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/05/08 at 12:52 pm

rigor mortis is worse. :o

Rigor mortis happens when you're dead.  Yep, it's MUCH worse!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/06/08 at 7:01 am

Rigor mortis happens when you're dead.  Yep, it's MUCH worse!!!
When dead you cannot be online.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/06/08 at 10:26 am

lol  I sometimes get more ticked off easier online then I do in "real life", I wonder what that means?  Perhaps I should learn to do some cyber yoga or something.  :-\\

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/06/08 at 10:41 am

The reason I ask this is because today I was thinking about my own life. I was thinking about how I put in so much time to online friends (which all of you are great, btw), but when it comes to real life...it's harder for me to make lasting friendships. It's kind of funny too because I have several people that I consider to be my friends in real life, and I have them on my myspace. I talk to them all the time on there, leave them nice comments, engage in great conversation...BUT, when it comes to talking to them in real life, or making plans with them, etc...I am pretty shy. I tend to not be able to be as outgoing in person with them, as I do online.

So, has your online life taken over your real life?

I haven't read any responses to this so I don't know how anyone else feels, but I can totally relate.  I think the internet has kinda ruined it for people who don't have the best social skills, like me.  It gives shy/self-conscious people a way to express themselves through anonymity (sp?).  I only have 1 friend in real life that I consistently make plans with.  Everyone else is online and it seems that I prefer it that way... most of the time.  It's just easier because, as selfish as this may sound, it's all on my terms.  I only have to chat when I want to.  There's no phone ringing, no messages to return.  I hate talking on the phone.  But I'm sure I'm doing damage by being online so much... it's just not a good way to function.  I have a hard time communicating with people in real life, especially when it comes to conflict.  But I guess I can't blame the internet, it's my fault after all.  Not to say you're the same way, but this is just what I see happening to me.

Written By: Gis on 05/06/08 at 10:45 am

I haven't read any responses to this so I don't know how anyone else feels, but I can totally relate.  I think the internet has kinda ruined it for people who don't have the best social skills, like me.  It gives shy/self-conscious people a way to express themselves through anonymity (sp?).  I only have 1 friend in real life that I consistently make plans with.  Everyone else is online and it seems that I prefer it that way... most of the time.  It's just easier because, as selfish as this may sound, it's all on my terms.  I only have to chat when I want to.  There's no phone ringing, no messages to return.  I hate talking on the phone.  But I'm sure I'm doing damage by being online so much... it's just not a good way to function.  I have a hard time communicating with people in real life, especially when it comes to conflict.  But I guess I can't blame the internet, it's my fault after all.  Not to say you're the same way, but this is just what I see happening to me.
You remind me of the furniture delivery guy on My Name is Earl...........

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/06/08 at 10:46 am

You remind me of the furniture delivery guy on My Name is Earl...........

whaddya mean?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/06/08 at 10:49 am

Geez, you just described me to a "T".

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/06/08 at 2:00 pm

very well put, Bill...and yes, I can totally relate.  Sometimes I don't mind that most of my friends are online...but sometimes it just kills me that the people that I hold dearest to me (besides my family) are all over the world, and the chances of even meeting up with a small percentage of them is slim to none. It's like, I think to myself...here are people who I have poured my heart out to at times, yet chances are that I will never even get to meet them before I die someday....isn't that morbidly sad?  And it's like...yes, it would be cool to have a "real life meeting"...but I wonder how it would be in real life with all of us? We are all able to express ourselves so well over the net...but would it be a scenario of everyone just kind of standing around looking at the ceiling? I guess the funniest thing would be having us all sitting in a room communicating on laptops!! :D ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/06/08 at 2:34 pm

When dead you cannot be online.

Your spirit can. ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/06/08 at 9:54 pm

And it's like...yes, it would be cool to have a "real life meeting"...but I wonder how it would be in real life with all of us?

Sometimes .... well ..... strange things HAVE been known to happen. Do NOT miss THIS one .... Erin !

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=32408.0

::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/08 at 3:20 am

Your spirit can. ;D
I am willing to give it a go, when the time comes.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/07/08 at 4:02 am

In ways though, it has opened up my life more so then I'd ever be able to accomplish in real life. 

For instance, I was able to listen both Henk and Gis sing in their choirs, when realistically that wouldn't happen if it hadn't been available online.

Being online opened me up to a new hobby (photo editing) which I had no real interest in offline.

It's a toss-up though, because I've bought so much crap online at e-bay that I probably wouldn't have had I seen it for that price in a local store. 
I really need to get my butt in gear and put up some auctions to sell the stuff I don't want anymore.  Just been kinda lethargic about it.  (Hence why I live in Sanford & Sons junkyard/house).  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/07/08 at 7:07 am

I am willing to give it a go, when the time comes.

Good Luck to it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/08 at 9:04 am

Good Luck to it.
Let me know it it works?

Written By: Howard on 05/08/08 at 3:20 pm

Let me know it it works?

But I was asking YOU that question.

Written By: gibbo on 05/08/08 at 4:16 pm

Hey, on-line activities are all fine until you start neglecting your REAL life. Again...It's all about balance......

Written By: snozberries on 05/08/08 at 6:14 pm

I don't know about that... I mean usually I am anti all stereotypes but I was watching this episode of WifeSwap and everything about the father screamed gay to me but the guy seemed to think he was hetero. I think he was facing some deep denial there....or faking it because his best friend wanted to be on tV.

back to the topic....
Has online life hindered your real life?

Let's see... it's the first day of my vacation and, because my wireless router isn't working, I am at work hiding in a back office so I can converse with you guys....I'm gonna go with yes it has  ;D 

for the record I couldn't get to my desk so I could use my desktop...nor could I get to it to get behind it to unplug and check all my connections...so for the record...what should I be doing instead of posting? Cleaning my damn apartment.  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 05/08/08 at 6:37 pm

Interesting topic. Online life used to hinder my real life but I feel like I can come and go as I please these days.

In a lot of ways, I find it more difficult to deal with people on Myspace/Facebook than in a social setting because, unlike a forum, there isn't a focus or a thread that gives you a starting point as to what to write about.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/08/08 at 10:54 pm

I was talking to my mom today and I was like, "ya know..I don't really have any friends...except for my online friends"..and she was like, "well that's not good".

Do you think a lot of people just don't understand the phenomenon of having online friends and how serious some of the friendships can be...UNLESS they experience it themselves?

Do any of you get slack from a spouse/parent/friends/family for spending so much time online and having more of an online life than not?

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/09/08 at 12:19 am

I was talking to my mom today and I was like, "ya know..I don't really have any friends...except for my online friends"..and she was like, "well that's not good".

Do you think a lot of people just don't understand the phenomenon of having online friends and how serious some of the friendships can be...UNLESS they experience it themselves?

Do any of you get slack from a spouse/parent/friends/family for spending so much time online and having more of an online life than not?

Outside of my parents and maybe a couple other immediate relatives, you're the most important person to me, hon. And in alot of ways literally THE closest, since you know more about me (and vice versa) than anyone else....and that's something I'd love to share with friends and anyone else. So yeah, I meet some resistance or at least friendly teasing/not understanding sometimes, and that hurts.

Online friendships and relationships are pretty much stuck where they were in 1997 when the Internet was brand new, in the sense they haven't really earned much respectability, even among younger people. Even though lots of people have successfully done it, you hear it all the time, that "oh how do you really know them?" routine.

I think there's this idea that the Internet is for losers (at least in terms of communicating) because so-called people with social skills and a life don't need that. The bad apples ruined it for everyone else, but I still get really upset by that assumption. They don't think that some people (like me) find it easier to express themself in words rather than in person. You have more time to think about what you wanna say, and I also get self conscious and concerned with what people are gonna think of me. Sometimes I'm really outgoing, but lots of times I'm not. I've always been kinda shy (until people get to know me and I can relax), especially around cute girls and all lol. I'm only now just starting to REALLY come out of it, probably thanks to you sweetie. :)

If there's ever anything to be proud of in life, it's that you've been able to do that for someone...just by being you.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/09/08 at 12:25 am

Outside of my parents and maybe a couple other immediate relatives, you're the most important person to me, hon. And in alot of ways literally THE closest, since you know more about me (and vice versa) than anyone else....and that's something I'd love to share with friends and anyone else. So yeah, I meet some resistance or at least friendly teasing/not understanding sometimes, and that hurts.

Online friendships and relationships are pretty much stuck where they were in 1997 when the Internet was brand new, in the sense they haven't really earned much respectability, even among younger people. Even though lots of people have successfully done it, you hear it all the time, that "oh how do you really know them?" routine.

I think there's this idea that the Internet is for losers (at least in terms of communicating) because so-called people with social skills and a life don't need that. The bad apples ruined it for everyone else, but I still get really upset by that assumption. They don't think that some people (like me) find it easier to express themself in words rather than in person. You have more time to think about what you wanna say, and I also get self conscious and concerned with what people are gonna think of me. Sometimes I'm really outgoing, but lots of times I'm not. I've always been kinda shy (until people get to know me and I can relax), especially around cute girls and all lol. I'm only now just starting to REALLY come out of it, probably thanks to you sweetie. :)

If there's ever anything to be proud of in life, it's that you've been able to do that for someone...just by being you.

aww..thanks J...that means a lot. It's just that some people will never understand. I mean, I have just always had an easier time communicating with people through means of writing and/or talking on the phone. I can express myself better. There are times when I am really outgoing in person..but other times I am so shy that I literally say nothing...I am at a loss for words sometimes. It's so awkward to be looking at your feet or glancing up in the sky, when you feel like you are in that kind of situation...believe it or not..I've been there.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/09/08 at 2:28 am

Everyone else is online and it seems that I prefer it that way... most of the time.  It's just easier because, as selfish as this may sound, it's all on my terms.  I only have to chat when I want to.  There's no phone ringing, no messages to return.  I hate talking on the phone. 

And... where's the downside?  Because I ain't seeing it either, bro. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/08 at 2:56 am

But I was asking YOU that question.
I will not know if it works or not.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/09/08 at 3:15 am

Yeah, my mom, (who has never been on the internet and doesn't have a working computer at home) always tells me that she wish I had more friends offline.  I'm not really sure what she means though, I keep such odd hours, nobody I'd know would even wanna hang out if not online.
And it's not like the is anything really to do offline, I hang out with my hubby.  We go out to eat, or to the movies, or to the thrift stores, but we're not really bar people so if I did have offline friends (like I did before I got married) (and that is what we did, we'd go to bars), so what am I missing?  ;D

I wish she understood more, but it's not going to happen, so I've accepted that.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/09/08 at 8:16 am

Yeah, my mom, (who has never been on the internet and doesn't have a working computer at home) always tells me that she wish I had more friends offline.  I'm not really sure what she means though, I keep such odd hours, nobody I'd know would even wanna hang out if not online.
And it's not like the is anything really to do offline, I hang out with my hubby.  We go out to eat, or to the movies, or to the thrift stores, but we're not really bar people so if I did have offline friends (like I did before I got married) (and that is what we did, we'd go to bars), so what am I missing?   ;D

I wish she understood more, but it's not going to happen, so I've accepted that.

Ya...I understand that. My mom isn't online too often, and when she is..she's like looking up recipes and stuff. LOL!.

I know what you mean about you and your husband doing things together. If I didn't have my family..I would really have no one in person.

Written By: Howard on 05/09/08 at 4:34 pm

I think online friends are the best friends that I've got. :)

Written By: Bobby on 05/09/08 at 4:36 pm

I think online friends are the best friends that I've got. :)

You're a good man, Howard. I am sure there are a lot of people out there in the real life who want to be your best friend too.  8)

Written By: Howard on 05/09/08 at 5:03 pm

You're a good man, Howard. I am sure there are a lot of people out there in the real life who want to be your best friend too.  8)

But I now have only 2 friends in my REAL life. :(

Written By: Bobby on 05/09/08 at 5:36 pm

But I now have only 2 friends in my REAL life. :(

You'll gain more as time goes on, Howard. With friendship, it's quality not quantity. Better to have 2 good friends than 30 'friends' who couldn't give a toss.

Written By: gibbo on 05/09/08 at 5:53 pm

You'll gain more as time goes on, Howard. With friendship, it's quality not quantity. Better to have 2 good friends than 30 'friends' who couldn't give a toss.

Yes, I'm 48 and can honestly say that I only have 2 or 3 life-long good friends. Everyone else are really acqaintances....

Written By: Bobby on 05/09/08 at 5:56 pm

Yes, I'm 48 and can honestly say that I only have 2 or 3 life-long good friends. Everyone else are really acqaintances....

It's not a bad thing. You become a slave to the 'popular front', you end up losing your soul and those acquaintances won't respect you for it afterwards anyway.

Written By: gibbo on 05/09/08 at 5:58 pm

It's not a bad thing. You become a slave to the 'popular front', you end up losing your soul and those acquaintances won't respect you for it afterwards anyway.

Yes, I like the balance I have....... ;)  Not for everyone..but I don't feel the need to always have company (says the guy with wife and 4 kids)..

Written By: Bobby on 05/09/08 at 6:01 pm

Yes, I like the balance I have....... ;)  Not for everyone..but I don't feel the need to always have company (says the guy with wife and 4 kids)..

I totally understand you because I feel the same way. I like my own space these days.

Besides, a wife and four kids are enough to keep you busy I'm sure. How old are your children?

Written By: gibbo on 05/09/08 at 6:03 pm

I totally understand you because I feel the same way. I like my own space these days.

Besides, a wife and four kids are enough to keep you busy I'm sure. How old are your children?

Daughter aged 16, son aged 14, daughter aged 11, and daughter aged 9

Written By: Howard on 05/10/08 at 7:35 am

The 2 friends I have now are Robert whom I've know for 12 years and Randy whom I've known for 14 years but basically nobody calls my cell phone anymore like they used to. :(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/14/08 at 7:01 pm

sometimes it does, like when me & my family are going out and I'm online at inthe00s and then they're asking me if I'm ready, and I'll tell them, just 2 more minutes because I'm in the middle of a post. so it actually hinders their life as well  :-[

Written By: Howard on 05/15/08 at 1:01 pm

Sometimes for me,it does.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/22/08 at 11:53 am

My room mate says that I spend more on line than anyone she knows.  I tell her there are more people out there like me than she realizes.

Written By: adagio on 05/22/08 at 1:27 pm

If I'm writing a parody online, it doesn't hinder, but if I'm in here yakking....it takes away from that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/22/08 at 1:51 pm

Over the last few weeks I would think my real life has improved online.

Written By: Howard on 05/22/08 at 2:31 pm

Over the last few weeks I would think my real life has improved online.

I agree with you Phil,I hang out here more than outside of Decades.

Written By: gibbo on 05/22/08 at 3:31 pm

I tell her there are more people out there like me than she realizes.

What...strange..yet beautiful?

Written By: Midas on 05/25/08 at 11:06 am

Nope.  I'm online a lot less than I used to be.  It's never hindered me.  I'm less involved in online drama as I once was.

Written By: Howard on 05/26/08 at 4:56 pm

No,not really.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/27/08 at 12:22 pm

Now that other things can be done on the computer I find myself sending less replies now.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/27/08 at 3:38 pm

What...strange..yet beautiful?

Yes, we're called unapologetic individualist.

Karma for the compliment. :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/27/08 at 5:30 pm

What's that ? What's THAT ? ! ?  Did I hear the 'magic word' ?  http://forum.pc-freakz.com/style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif  Oh, by the way Kath .... just wanna say .... 'love your newest avatar'. Love the way you type (  ::)  )  .... love your posts in general. Not sure what's brought all this on  :-\\    :-X  http://www.xtremepccentral.com/forums/images/smilies/innocent.gif

Written By: gibbo on 05/27/08 at 7:57 pm

Well karma to you for karmaing my compliment!  ;)

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/27/08 at 10:11 pm

Well karma to you for karmaing my compliment!  ;)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6995/32033539mo6.gif

By George ! She comes and goes, she comes and goes !  :D

Written By: gibbo on 05/27/08 at 11:39 pm

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6995/32033539mo6.gif

By George ! She comes and goes, she comes and goes !  :D

THAT sounds like the perfect life.  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/29/08 at 10:09 am

Over the past few weeks online life has changed, to the better.

Written By: Howard on 05/29/08 at 3:11 pm

Me Too.

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/30/08 at 12:11 am

You have your own fan club ..... AND 'Super Geek' status !    :)    8)

Anything else ?    ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/30/08 at 12:14 am

You have your own fan club ..... AND 'Super Geek' status !    :)    8)

Anything else ?     ???

I don't think it gets much better than that! ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/30/08 at 4:02 pm

No,It hasn't.

Written By: gibbo on 05/30/08 at 4:05 pm

...it's a little better recently. I have not been on here quite as much.....finding a balance that works not just for me but my family as well. Having said that it IS Saturday morning here ...and it IS raining....and my wife IS going out shopping. So......here I am for a longer stint..... ;)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/30/08 at 4:43 pm

We have missed you here.  :)  But I certainally can understand about finding a balance.  Sometimes I forget to do that myself and let things slide until it's a mad dash to get things done. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/08 at 4:46 pm

An Error Has Occurred!
The server is currently under high stress. Please try again shortly. 

A stressful server hinders my life!

Written By: gibbo on 05/30/08 at 4:47 pm

We have missed you here.   :)  But I certainally can understand about finding a balance.  Sometimes I forget to do that myself and let things slide until it's a mad dash to get things done. 

Thanks.....I would if I could....

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/31/08 at 7:32 am

...it's a little better recently. I have not been on here quite as much.....finding a balance that works not just for me but my family as well. Having said that it IS Saturday morning here ...and it IS raining....and my wife IS going out shopping. So......here I am for a longer stint..... ;)
It will be her turn for the computer when she arrives home.

Written By: snozberries on 06/15/08 at 6:38 pm

Ya...I understand that. My mom isn't online too often, and when she is..she's like looking up recipes and stuff. LOL!.

I know what you mean about you and your husband doing things together. If I didn't have my family..I would really have no one in person.

so you'd be me then....

Written By: Howard on 06/15/08 at 10:33 pm

No It hasn't.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/16/08 at 2:17 am

Actually, online life is better for me.

Written By: Howard on 06/16/08 at 6:00 am

I would have to agree with you on that one.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/16/08 at 1:08 pm

I find it's much nicer than dealing with people in "real life" sometimes.

Written By: Howard on 06/16/08 at 7:14 pm

Yes,So True.

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/16/08 at 7:39 pm

We're all a bunch of escapists ?    ???          ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/16/08 at 8:11 pm

I don't know what this says about me, but there are some online "characters" that I would not deal with in "real life".  But seeing that I can just turn off my computer and walk away and just calm down, I can deal with them in limited quantities.

I think it's hindered me in a way that it's too easy to get distracted, I should be back to work sorting stuff to take to the thrift store tomorrow, but I've been surfing the internet, playing games.  That's totally more fun then filling boxes of crap I've wasted my money on over the years.  ;D
If I didn't have the internet, I might actually get more stuff done.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/16/08 at 8:16 pm

We're all a bunch of escapists ?    ???          ;D

And . . . we're not ashamed of it. :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/16/08 at 8:40 pm

I don't know what this says about me, but there are some online "characters" that I would not deal with in "real life".  But seeing that I can just turn off my computer and walk away and just calm down, I can deal with them in limited quantities.

???

Shall I ask ... shan't I ?    :-\\

;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/16/08 at 8:54 pm

???
Shall I ask ... shan't I ?    :-\\

;D

While I won't deny you are certainly a character, you and I get along swimmingly 90% of the time, and only when I'm already annoyed (from other things) do I get annoyed to stressful levels from anything that happens on here.  :P

Written By: ninny on 06/16/08 at 9:08 pm

I think it's hindered me in a way that it's too easy to get distracted, I should be back to work sorting stuff to take to the thrift store tomorrow, but I've been surfing the internet, playing games.  That's totally more fun then filling boxes of crap I've wasted my money on over the years.   ;D
If I didn't have the internet, I might actually get more stuff done.

Hmm I think I'll ask the same question,could I be one of those "characters?

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/16/08 at 9:26 pm

While I won't deny you are certainly a character, you and I get along swimmingly 90% of the time, and only when I'm already annoyed (from other things) do I get annoyed to stressful levels from anything that happens on here.  :P

I'll settle for '90%' . Well, nobody's PERFECT ...... not EVEN me (?)      :-\\    :P

Hmm I think I'll ask the same question,could I be one of those "characters?

^

Hello, what's this ! Have I opened a can of worms ?    ::)    :-X

I'm usually disinclined to seek 'feedback' .... cos I'm sure there's some who would seek to 'reform' me. At going on 54 .... if and when I'm gonna reform ... I think it will be my OWN decision (THIS is one of  the main reasons I have NOT /will NOT 'subscribe to a certain thread  :-X  ... apart from its name ! )  In the meantime, I seek to remain  ..... an INDIVIDUAL (and a UNIQUE one, at that  !      8)    :P    ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/08 at 6:41 am

Yes,So True.
Oh so true!

Written By: Howard on 06/17/08 at 6:52 am

I have more friends on here than in real life.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/17/08 at 8:23 am

Yes, me too.  I have no problem with it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/08 at 8:59 am

My friends do not have computers, but with friends here, I have friends in both worlds.

Written By: Howard on 06/17/08 at 10:31 pm

Yes, me too.  I have no problem with it.

Me neither,I kind of like both.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/19/08 at 7:22 pm

What is this "real" life of which you speak?

Calm down!  It's all just ones and zeroes!

Wise Man Foo, I was just about to say, "What is this "life beyond online life" of which you speak?

It doesn't seem logical to me, captain...

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/viking(1).gif

Written By: Howard on 06/19/08 at 7:50 pm

No,It hasn't.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/20/08 at 2:17 am

Wise Man Foo, I was just about to say, "What is this "life beyond online life" of which you speak?

It doesn't seem logical to me, captain...

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/viking(1).gif
If you find it do let me know.

Written By: Howard on 06/24/08 at 10:53 am

I feel very comfortable online than offline.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/25/08 at 7:02 am

I feel very comfortable online than offline.
This is a strange happening of the modern day, many other people he said this too.

Written By: Howard on 06/25/08 at 9:52 pm

This is a strange happening of the modern day, many other people he said this too.

Because you become more attached to the virtual world.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/25/08 at 9:55 pm

it would seem that online life has hindered my real life as I should be working right now instead of posting.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/02/08 at 2:29 am

it would seem that online life has hindered my real life as I should be working right now instead of posting.
...isn't it that what you do at work anyway?

Written By: Howard on 07/02/08 at 6:54 am

I don't have time to post,I'm too busy collecting carts.

Written By: tv on 07/03/08 at 1:02 pm

I really don;t meet any people away from the computer because I work in a job where I work by myself. I have a couple of friends/acquaintances that I meet with like once every month at a restaraunt but aside from that I really don;t talk too anybody socially outside of online. I am the quiet type so I really don;t meet people easy. I live with my parents but I really don;t talk with them that much. I talk with my dad like a little bit.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/04/08 at 3:37 am

I should be doing other things, but...

Written By: Howard on 07/04/08 at 5:50 am

I should be doing other things, but...

you're here.

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/08 at 3:28 pm

I would have to agree with you on that one.

Yes,So True.

Check your balance Howard...you seem to be wobbling a little.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/06/08 at 5:38 pm

Check your balance Howard...you seem to be wobbling a little.   ;D

Why is that?

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/08 at 7:22 pm

well you seem to agree that "online is better" but you also say that it's nicer dealing with people in "real life".... sounds like a wobble... they can't both be preferred.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/06/08 at 11:52 pm

sometimes online life occupies time that I should be spending in the "real world" but that's how it goes  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 07/07/08 at 12:15 am

sometimes online life occupies time that I should be spending in the "real world" but that's how it goes  ::)

What do you mean sometimes???  and, um, what's this real world you talk about? I'm not familiar with the concept  ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/07/08 at 7:09 am

well you seem to agree that "online is better" but you also say that it's nicer dealing with people in "real life".... sounds like a wobble... they can't both be preferred.

Maybe I'm just confused.

Written By: snozberries on 07/07/08 at 9:06 pm

Maybe I'm just confused.

:-X

Written By: Howard on 07/07/08 at 9:07 pm

:-X

Are you confused more than I am? ???

Written By: snozberries on 07/07/08 at 9:17 pm

I am now  ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/07/08 at 9:22 pm

I am now  ;)

So I'll say no more.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/06/08 at 2:12 am

It can get confusing at times.

Written By: Howard on 08/06/08 at 6:57 am

It can get confusing at times.

especially when someone changes subjects.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/06/08 at 5:42 pm

especially when someone changes subjects.
Or you forget which thread should be which.

Written By: Midas on 08/06/08 at 5:50 pm

Or you forget which thread should be which.

If you forget, just post in LTE.  :D  We like the randomness!

Written By: Howard on 08/06/08 at 5:57 pm

I feel like talking on here is like therapy for me.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/08 at 1:45 am

I feel like talking on here is like therapy for me.  :)
Messageboards can help a great deal.

Written By: Howard on 08/07/08 at 6:40 am

Messageboards can help a great deal.

I feel so good to have people on here who care. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...