inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: what’s the wildest thing you’ve been (falsely) accused of?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/16/08 at 5:25 pm

Was reading an online magazine and saw this question (it has some interesting answers from fellow readers)
Here is the link to the article if you are interested:
http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/15018#comments

So, what’s the wildest thing you’ve been (falsely) accused of?

Subject: Re: what’s the wildest thing you’ve been (falsely) accused of?

Written By: Jessica on 05/16/08 at 5:33 pm

Threatening to kill someone and their daughter who lived 3000 miles away from me. Apparently the local police over here also knew about my "threats", yet I never had them contact me. ::)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/16/08 at 5:34 pm

Threatening to kill someone and their daughter who lived 3000 miles away from me. Apparently the local police over here also knew about my "threats", yet I never had them contact me. ::)

Oh yeah, that was pretty crazy :D :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/16/08 at 5:36 pm

I think I might have been accused of knowing kung fu and that's about it :-[

Written By: Jessica on 05/16/08 at 5:37 pm

Oh yeah, that was pretty crazy :D :D

Now that we look back on it, yes, it is. Not funny at the time though. I was just like, "WTF? Bitch, I don't even know your number OR where you live!" :P

Ooooh oooh, they also accused me of being a slut and stuff! Remember your wedding proposal? ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/16/08 at 5:39 pm

Now that we look back on it, yes, it is. Not funny at the time though. I was just like, "WTF? Bitch, I don't even know your number OR where you live!" :P

Ooooh oooh, they also accused me of being a slut and stuff! Remember your wedding proposal? ;D

That was very strange and scared me and I deleted it.

Written By: ladyhawk on 05/16/08 at 5:55 pm

As a young teen I was accused of doing drugs and being a tramp. I was accused of being the biggest slut in my hometown. Most rumors I give no credence to, this one I let effect me considering who initiated the rumor.

-My own Mother.

It was also rumored that I went to prison for many years for something unthinkable and got out when I was 16 . Also that I had like 12 kids. Yep, all at 16.
That one was started by a girl who did not like me.
Last I knew I have no police record and only one daughter that I had at 24 almost 25.

Written By: Midas on 05/16/08 at 5:58 pm

I remember that!  There are some crazy cats in this world.

Written By: Midas on 05/16/08 at 5:59 pm

I think they were just going by one of your email addresses.  Besides, I'm more of one than you. :D

Written By: Red Ant on 05/16/08 at 7:01 pm

Felony hit and run...

About 10 years ago, I was leaving a friend's house late at night. There was an intersection near his house. Looking well in advance, I noticed the light in my direction was green. There were four or five cars at the light.

Looking again, much closer now, I noticed that, for some inexplicable reason, none of the cars had gone through the light. I'm doing 45 mph now, and have to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting the last car in line. I probably scared the piss out of this guy and his family, and had there been another coat of paint on his car I would have creamed him, but I screeched by him in full brake lock-up, narrowly avoiding his car.

This jackass records my license plate number and calls the state police to inform them I hit his vehicle and that his family was injured. Funny thing is that no police ever came to my home or investigated (presumably because they checked out his vehicle first and found no damage) and no charges or suit were filed, but the sucky and unfair thing was my mother's insurance company said I could no longer operate that vehicle and subsequently dropped my coverage.

~~~~

At my last job, I was more or less accused of sabotage - yes, sabotage! Apparently when thirty year old hardware breaks it's because someone (me) intentionally damaged it. I quit two weeks after the crap accusation.

What's ironic is that they had no qualms in later letting me back into the building, unsupervised and with both a master key and the maintenance keys to run wire.

Ant

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/16/08 at 7:40 pm

I was going to post the wildest thing I've been accused of, but then I saw it said  "falsely"    ::) 

Written By: Red Ant on 05/16/08 at 7:44 pm

I was going to post the wildest thing I've been accused of, but then I saw it said  "falsely"    ::) 

LOL!

Go ahead: what's the wildest thing you've been accused of?  ;D

Ant

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/16/08 at 7:45 pm

LOL!

Go ahead: what's the wildest thing you've been accused of?  ;D

Ant
are you kidding?  i think she still lives in this state  ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 05/16/08 at 7:55 pm

Trying to get pregnant at age 17.

When I was 17 my mom left and moved out of state with my step dad.  Since I was pretty much left to fend for myself, it was hard to work full time to support myself while going to school.  I had mentioned to my mom that I was going to look into home studies so I could do my schoolwork at night.  After making some phone calls, I found that I didn't qualify for it, that program was only available to pregnant girls.  Somehow the story weaved its way through my family tree and got back to my dad quite differently from what I had actually said.  I had called my dad and immediately got a lecture about birth control.  I was like "Huh?" then I realized he had heard I was planning to get pregnant so I could drop out of school.

To this day I have no kids... so obviously that accusation was false. :)

Written By: Red Ant on 05/16/08 at 7:56 pm

are you kidding?  i think she still lives in this state  ;D

If she's still alive it can't be *that* bad.  :o

Ant

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/16/08 at 8:00 pm

Ant
good point  ;) thanks Jack,  now I don't feel so guilty  ;D

As a young teen I was accused of doing drugs and being a tramp. I was accused of being the biggest slut in my hometown.

why did they think you were a slut?  ???

Trying to get pregnant at age 17.

When I was 17 my mom left and moved out of state with my step dad.  Since I was pretty much left to fend for myself, it was hard to work full time to support myself while going to school.  I had mentioned to my mom that I was going to look into home studies so I could do my schoolwork at night.  After making some phone calls, I found that I didn't qualify for it, that program was only available to pregnant girls.  Somehow the story weaved its way through my family tree and got back to my dad quite differently from what I had actually said.   I had called my dad and immediately got a lecture about birth control.  I was like "Huh?" then I realized he had heard I was planning to get pregnant so I could drop out of school.

To this day I have no kids... so obviously that accusation was false. :)
but did you contemplate it and weigh things out?  ::)  it's crazy how things get misunderstood

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/16/08 at 9:06 pm

let's see...

stealing from a restaurant that I worked at. (NOT).
having sex when I was young with some random guy (NOT).

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/16/08 at 11:44 pm

Ant

;D ;D  Oh, I needed that laugh!

Anyway, I was once accused of leaving some anti-gay material on a co-workers desk.  Now, it's true that I couldn't stand him but it had nothing to do with the fact that he was gay.  Infact, when he accused me (in front of my whole department) everyone was kind of shocked because I'm a big advocate of gay rights.  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 05/17/08 at 8:42 am

If this was who I am thinking of, she was a freak.  :o

Mine would be letting gang members into the store I was working at so they could steal.  They had pointed a gun at me at one point.  Two weeks later they were back and one of the more decent kids came in.  I told him to tell them they had to go because they were banned from the store or the police will be called.  Our manager, who was new and trying to get rid of me because I wasn't her choice for assistant manager, looked at the tape and said I was telling them they could only come around when I was on shift. ::)  I quit right then and there, I had the key to the safe...did the bank deposits which could be more than $10,000 in cash some days.  Yeah, I am going to risk my job for a stupid Snickers bar.  The woman was a bitch.

Written By: ladyhawk on 05/20/08 at 5:15 pm

why did they think you were a slut?  ???

I have no idea. I just think that my mother just expected it of me. I mean the only thing I did was go to school, church and home. I had no friends and no life.

Written By: audkal on 05/20/08 at 10:15 pm

Someone accused me of being a lesbian just because I had short hair for a couple years.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 05/21/08 at 6:37 am

Someone accused me of being a lesbian just because I had short hair for a couple years.  ::)

and what happened after that?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/21/08 at 7:59 am

I'm thinking that she probably told them that she wasn't. ;)

Written By: audkal on 05/21/08 at 12:09 pm

He was just kind of harassing me and my friend, so I told my friend's mom and she made him apologize.  I also grew my hair long after that.  ::)

Written By: KKay on 05/21/08 at 12:36 pm

I was falsely accused of...

sleeping with my friends boyfriend

cheating on a test

leaving traps around the house so someone would get hurt (like undoing scews and the like..)

Written By: Howard on 05/22/08 at 3:02 pm

He was just kind of harassing me and my friend, so I told my friend's mom and she made him apologize.  I also grew my hair long after that.  ::)

It's best if he should've just minded his own business.

Written By: whistledog on 05/22/08 at 3:02 pm

I was once accused of throwing glass bottles at some girls that were in my high school.  How they came up with that, I will never know.  But they didn't like me, and it showed

Written By: Howard on 05/22/08 at 3:06 pm

I was once accused of throwing glass bottles at some girls that were in my high school.  How they came up with that, I will never know.  But they didn't like me, and it showed

Did you like them? ???

Written By: audkal on 05/22/08 at 10:38 pm

It's best if he should've just minded his own business.

Correct, but he didn't unfortunately.  :P

Written By: Step-chan on 05/22/08 at 11:24 pm

Hmm... That depends on what you mean by "Wildest"... But I'll give it a shot.

1. Possibly being autistic or being mildy autistic, this has happened a few times in my life. I don't have Autism. >:(

2. Being Suicidal. What actually caused this was an absurdly disturbing picture I drew in art class of stick figures jumping off of a building, on top of the building was a "suicide door". It was a joke(and a sick one at that). So it's my fault this accusation happened, but since I'm still alive, it's obviously not true.

3. Being asian(looks at Howard).  ::) ;D :D ;) Not a big deal though, I guess the username can cause that... I just wish that someone else could have had that point of view with their username.

I can't remember if there was anything else.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/22/08 at 11:50 pm

Hmm... That depends on what you mean by "Wildest"... But I'll give it a shot.

1. Possibly being autistic or being mildy autistic, this has happened a few times in my life. I don't have Autism. >:(

2. Being Suicidal. What actually caused this was an absurdly disturbing picture I drew in art class of stick figures jumping off of a building, on top of the building was a "suicide door". It was a joke(and a sick one at that). So it's my fault this accusation happened, but since I'm still alive, it's obviously not true.

3. Being asian(looks at Howard).  ::) ;D :D ;) Not a big deal though, I guess the username can cause that... I just wish that someone else could have had that point of view with their username.

I can't remember if there was anything else.

methinks that if you would ever post your picture...then #3 will no longer exist. ;)

Written By: Step-chan on 05/23/08 at 1:38 pm

methinks that if you would ever post your picture...then #3 will no longer exist. ;)

CD drives don't read, I know a certain.... well... I won't finish saying that one... since I'm not allowed to talk about that on here.

When my sister and her husband loaned this computer to me, I didn't know the CD drives wouldn't read. Believe me, I checked. This also caused me problems when I started my internet account, I had to call up AT&T to get it started.(In case you're wondering what caused the CD drives to be that way.... I found out that they got spyware they couldn't get rid of... It disabled the CD drives)

I need my own computer to do this, plus I need pictures I like. I won't save stuff that I hate on my image account.

Check for new replies or respond here...