inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Compliments To/From The One You Love

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/21/08 at 11:09 pm

Are you the type that compliments your mate a lot....do they compliment you too? I was just thinking about this and I know some people who are in relationships with someone who is so kind and always has something nice to say.

Is your mate the kind of person that tells you that you are beautiful/handsome? Do they notice when you get a new outfit, new hairstyle, etc? Do they say nice things daily to you?

Subject: Re: Compliments To/From The One You Love

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/21/08 at 11:36 pm

Mine is a good guy.  I'm a lucky gal.  He does compliment me alot and he often tells his friends how happy he is with me (or that we are happy together (cue the Turtles song)) or something along those lines.

I always say he's the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life. 

I probably could stand to be more effusive with compliments towards him to his face.  I'm not really used to giving/receiving compliments audibly, so it is very hard to remember that sometimes you just need to hear it, even if you know they love you or you love them.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/21/08 at 11:43 pm

Mine is a good guy.  I'm a lucky gal.  He does compliment me alot and he often tells his friends how happy he is with me (or that we are happy together (cue the Turtles song)) or something along those lines.

I always say he's the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life. 

I probably could stand to be more effusive with compliments towards him to his face.  I'm not really used to giving/receiving compliments audibly, so it is very hard to remember that sometimes you just need to hear it, even if you know they love you or you love them.

That's really sweet Patty. :) I wish I had more of that. I give compliments, I suppose I could give more too.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 05/22/08 at 2:25 am

I don't know if it's too obvious here, but I make sure to compliment my woman every single day, and I make sure to tell her "I love her", every single day.

Her hair....her eyes...her smile....her general nature.
I have told her time and again how special she is to me.

I could write a hundred poems, compose a thousand songs, and paint a million pictures.
They could not begin to be a drop in the bucket, when it comes to how I feel about her.

Melissa will always have my heart- she's known this, from the beginning, and thus shall it be.
Until time itself shatters into sand, and colors that have no meaning to the human eye fade into eonic amber, Melissa shall keep my heart, and no other can, or will, change that.

Written By: Howard on 05/22/08 at 6:02 am

"I Don't Know Why I Love You But I Do".  ::)

Written By: Gis on 05/22/08 at 6:49 am

Yeah he's pretty good at telling me he loves me and misses me etc. He sends very romatic cards and notes. I, on the other hand, am crap at stuff like that.

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/22/08 at 10:42 am

"I Don't Know Why I Love You But I Do, Bill"

awww, Howie... thanks baby :)

Written By: Howard on 05/22/08 at 2:52 pm

awww, Howie... thanks baby :)

Your'e Welcome!  ::)

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/22/08 at 7:40 pm

Absolutely.  My husband and I are a very affectionate couple.

We also always say "please and thank you".  It's so important to respect and appreciate eachother (and it teaches my daughter to do the same  :))

Written By: Bobby on 05/22/08 at 7:57 pm

"I Don't Know Why I Love You But I Do".  ::)

Great song by Clarence 'Frogman' Henry.  8)

I am pretty affectionate with the friends in my life. I don't have a girlfriend at the moment but I would like to think I could be affectionate when I get one.

Written By: KKay on 05/22/08 at 8:37 pm

not really. he's awkward at it.  he tries to say a lot just by a hug, a hand hold.

but i said before...i like tons and tons of it. the mushier, the better!

Written By: Howard on 05/22/08 at 10:20 pm

Great song by Clarence 'Frogman' Henry.  8)

I am pretty affectionate with the friends in my life. I don't have a girlfriend at the moment but I would like to think I could be affectionate when I get one.

I think we both need a girlfriend.

Written By: Davester on 05/22/08 at 10:25 pm

Yeah he's pretty good at telling me he loves me and misses me etc. He sends very romatic cards and notes. I, on the other hand, am crap at stuff like that.

Same here.  I suck at mushy romantic stuff.  I mean it's hard to do and keep a straight face (like Wayne's comment, nothing personal, pal :)).  I just muss her hair and tell her, "you good kid..."

Written By: Davester on 05/22/08 at 10:29 pm

Absolutely.  My husband and I are a very affectionate couple.

We also always say "please and thank you".  It's so important to respect and appreciate eachother (and it teaches my daughter to do the same  :))

Please and Thank You rock..!

Written By: Gis on 05/23/08 at 1:14 am

Same here.  I suck at mushy romantic stuff.  I mean it's hard to do and keep a straight face (like Wayne's comment, nothing personal, pal :)).  I just muss her hair and tell her, "you good kid..."
The thing is people always expect women to be good at being romantic etc and I'm just not. I always have to kind of grit my teeth and choose a romantic card when all I want to do is vomit at all the mushiness!  ;D
Having said that i am a softy and get emotional about things, just not good at expresing love I guess.  :-\\

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 05/23/08 at 2:33 am

Nothing personal taken, mate.
Not everyone feels the same way about their spouse, and not everyone is as vociferous about it.

Frankly, my brother hated my diction, either. He hated having a brother who always talked over his head.
The bad thing is: It's my normal speech.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/23/08 at 9:41 am

He always gives me compliments and I try to reciprocate. The one thing he does that I love is not vocal. In the morning, we sit at the kitchen table reading the paper. When he has to walk past me, he will put his hand on my shoulder. Just that little reassurance that he still loves me.  :) :) :)

Cat

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/23/08 at 10:02 am

I once wrote in a card to Billy "everytime you touch me, you leave a fingerprint on my soul".  He loved that.

Written By: ninny on 05/23/08 at 11:06 am

Tim and I always tell each other how much love we have for each other.

Check for new replies or respond here...