inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Find out what your personality type is . . .

Written By: Bobby on 06/10/08 at 9:51 pm

72 quick and easy questions to answer will help you find out what your personality type is:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

You will recieve four letters which will be your personality type.

To check what your personality profile is, go to:

http://www.personalitypage.com/high-level.html

You can click on the 'here' indicator within the profiles for a more detailed account.

Apparently, I am an ENFP personality.

Have fun. :)

Subject: Re: Find out what your personality type is . . .

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/10/08 at 9:59 pm

72 quick and easy questions to answer will help you find out what your personality type is:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Once finished, check the four indicators and use the initial of each word (so if your mark is near extravert that equals E). You will have four letters which will be your personality type.

To check what your personality profile is, go to:

http://www.personalitypage.com/high-level.html

You can click on the 'here' indicator within the profiles for a more detailed account.

Apparently, I am an ENFP personality.

Have fun. :)

No need for me to bother. I already know !    :)    8)

< Shy and retiring !    :-[    :(    :\'(

Written By: Bobby on 06/10/08 at 10:01 pm

No need for me to bother. I already know !    :)     8)

< Shy and retiring !    :-[     :(    :\'(

It's much more detailed than that. Give it a go.  8)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/10/08 at 10:28 pm

I am:

Your Type is
ISFJ
Introverted 67% Sensing 1% Feeling 12% Judging 11%

Portrait of the Protector (ISFJ)
http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=2&c=protector

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/10/08 at 10:32 pm

It's much more detailed than that. Give it a go.  8)

Maybe later. I'm sure there'd be one or two here who WOULD be interested to see what it makes of ME !

Don't be too surprised if the program says .... 'He does NOT compute !' .... blows up .... (under the strain) .... and the devisor comes looking to sue me !  :-[    :(    :\'(

:P

:D

;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/10/08 at 10:32 pm

Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences % 
56 62 50 67

Famous people of your particular type 
Immanual Kant, William Shakespeare, Ludwig Beethoven, Pearl Buck, Arthur C. Clark

Idealist Portrait of the Counselor (INFJ)
Counselors have an exceptionally strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others, and find great personal fulfillment interacting with people, nurturing their personal development, guiding them to realize their human potential. Although they are happy working at jobs (such as writing) that require solitude and close attention, Counselors do quite well with individuals or groups of people, provided that the personal interactions are not superficial, and that they find some quiet, private time every now and then to recharge their batteries. Counselors are both kind and positive in their handling of others; they are great listeners and seem naturally interested in helping people with their personal problems. Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.

Counselors are scarce, little more than one percent of the population, and can be hard to get to know, since they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones. They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that Counselors are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors tend to work effectively in organizations. They value staff harmony and make every effort to help an organization run smoothly and pleasantly. They understand and use human systems creatively, and are good at consulting and cooperating with others. As employees or employers, Counselors are concerned with people's feelings and are able to act as a barometer of the feelings within the organization.

Blessed with vivid imaginations, Counselors are often seen as the most poetical of all the types, and in fact they use a lot of poetic imagery in their everyday language. Their great talent for language-both written and spoken-is usually directed toward communicating with people in a personalized way. Counselors are highly intuitive and can recognize another's emotions or intentions - good or evil - even before that person is aware of them. Counselors themselves can seldom tell how they came to read others' feelings so keenly. This extreme sensitivity to others could very well be the basis of the Counselor's remarkable ability to experience a whole array of psychic phenomena.

Mohandas Gandhi, Sidney Poitier, Eleanor Roosevelt, Jane Goodall, Emily Bronte, Sir Alec Guiness, Carl Jung, Mary Baker Eddy, Queen Noor are examples of the Counselor Idealist (INFJ).

CAREER
The Counselor (INFJ) is a more private person than the Teacher.  They, too, can be found in the field of education as a professor , teacher, counselor, or educational consultant.  Sometimes they feel a strong calling toward the religious life as clergy, nun, or director of religious education.  Social service jobs, such as social worker, social scientist, or mediator can fit their needs.  Some Counselors work in human services, marketing, or as a job analyst.  Others are drawn to the arts as a novelist, designer, or artist.  Says Benito, “My art is very personal.  It expresses who I am at the same time reaching out to draw the viewer in.  My art changes the viewer’s perspective of reality.”

Written By: Bobby on 06/10/08 at 10:46 pm

I am:

Your Type is
ISFJ
Introverted 67% Sensing 1% Feeling 12% Judging 11%

Portrait of the Protector (ISFJ)
http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=2&c=protector

I feel you are the nurturing type. :)

This is merely a rough idea of what you are like. I am sure none of our personalities are as black and white as this but it gives us an overall guide of what we are like inside.

Written By: La Roche on 06/10/08 at 10:46 pm

Pretty cool Bob -

Portrait of an ISTP - Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
(Introverted Thinking with Extraverted Sensing)
The Mechanic

As an ISTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion.

ISTPs have a compelling drive to understand the way things work. They're good at logical analysis, and like to use it on practical concerns. They typically have strong powers of reasoning, although they're not interested in theories or concepts unless they can see a practical application. They like to take things apart and see the way they work.

ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit. They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. They thrive on action, and are usually fearless. ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step. They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing". Their sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly.

ISTPs are loyal to their causes and beliefs, and are firm believers that people should be treated with equity and fairness. Although they do not respect the rules of the "System", they follow their own rules and guidelines for behavior faithfully. They will not take part in something which violates their personal laws. ISTPs are extremely loyal and faithful to their "brothers".

ISTPs like and need to spend time alone, because this is when they can sort things out in their minds most clearly. They absorb large quantities of impersonal facts from the external world, and sort through those facts, making judgments, when they are alone.

ISTPs are action-oriented people. They like to be up and about, doing things. They are not people to sit behind a desk all day and do long-range planning. Adaptable and spontaneous, they respond to what is immediately before them. They usually have strong technical skills, and can be effective technical leaders. They focus on details and practical things. They have an excellent sense of expediency and grasp of the details which enables them to make quick, effective decisions.

ISTPs avoid making judgments based on personal values - they feel that judgments and decisions should be made impartially, based on the fact. They are not naturally tuned in to how they are affecting others. They do not pay attention to their own feelings, and even distrust them and try to ignore them, because they have difficulty distinguishing between emotional reactions and value judgments. This may be a problem area for many ISTPs.

An ISTP who is over-stressed may exhibit rash emotional outbursts of anger, or on the other extreme may be overwhelmed by emotions and feelings which they feel compelled to share with people (often inappropriately). An ISTP who is down on themself will foray into the world of value judgments - a place which is not natural for the ISTP - and judge themself by their inability to perform some task. They will then approach the task in a grim emotional state, expecting the worst.

ISTPs are excellent in a crisis situations. They're usually good athletes, and have very good hand-eye coordination. They are good at following through with a project, and tying up loose ends. They usually don't have much trouble with school, because they are introverts who can think logically. They are usually patient individuals, although they may be prone to occasional emotional outbursts due to their inattention to their own feelings.

ISTPs have a lot of natural ability which makes them good at many different kinds of things. However, they are happiest when they are centered in action-oriented tasks which require detailed logical analysis and technical skill. They take pride in their ability to take the next correct step.

ISTPs are optimistic, full of good cheer, loyal to their equals, uncomplicated in their desires, generous, trusting and receptive people who want no part in confining commitments.

Written By: Bobby on 06/10/08 at 10:48 pm

Maybe later. I'm sure there'd be one or two here who WOULD be interested to see what it makes of ME !

???

Is this you copping out again?

Don't be too surprised if the program says .... 'He does NOT compute !' .... blows up .... (under the strain) .... and the devisor comes looking to sue me !  :-[    :(    :\'(

Rationalisations indeed . . .  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 06/10/08 at 10:51 pm

How close do these personality types resemble you folks? Do you believe they are a load of rubbish, partially accurate or frightening?

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/10/08 at 11:00 pm

???

Is this you copping out again?

Rationalisations indeed . . .  ;D

I definitely intend to 'put it through its paces' .... probably later today, Rob. Hey ... this looks like being a much visited thread. Well done to you for coming up with this interesting topic.  8)    I will give a look at what  it's had to say about others here later !

Right now though ... I HAVE to go out ... and finalise payment for my up coming overseas trip !

:)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/10/08 at 11:01 pm

I do think my was really pretty close, although the descriptions kinda confused me because it was describing two different types of "Guardians", I am the protector, but it also described the provider so I had to make sure I was reading the right one.

I especially think the description is true on the link at the bottom of the page as to Guardian protector women (which apparently I am).

I did a quiz like this years ago when I was trying to figure out what makes me tick.  It was some kind of self-help quiz book and it used these 4 letter codes too.  I wish I had kept my results to see if I've changed any.

Written By: KKay on 06/10/08 at 11:02 pm

The "Composer"

ISFP
Introverted 44
Sensing 50
Feeling 44
Perceiving 56

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/10/08 at 11:16 pm

Interesting stuff!

I got: INTJ

Introverted - 89

Intuitive - 38

Thinking - 1

Judging - 67

Written By: KKay on 06/10/08 at 11:17 pm

I did agree with the line in the description of 'the composer" that they are often misunderstood because they rely on their art rather than conversation to express their feelings.

i'm no artist, so.....everyone will have to wait.

Written By: Shacks Train on 06/10/08 at 11:51 pm

;D ;D ;D...ISTJ......

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/11/08 at 3:25 am

Well, I have to admit ... I found the 72 q's a bit of a chore ..... didn't particularly enjoy .... and... I guess I agonised a bit about whether the q was true of me or not .... so ... at times ... may have misunderstood, or answered inaccurately (?).

As for the results:

Extraverted 11 Sensing 62 Thinking 1 Perceiving 11

You are:

* slightly expressed extravert
    * distinctively expressed sensing personality
    * slightly expressed thinking personality
    * slightly expressed perceiving personality

Famous people of your particular type
Mike Tyson, Antonio Banderas, Diego Maradona, Olga Kabo

Further ... it defines me as 'The Promoter' ......

Artisan™ Portrait of the Promoter (ESTP)

There are lots of Promoters, maybe ten or so percent of the population, and life is never dull around them.    8) (Do we agree here folks ? ???    :P    :D  ;D  ).  In a word, they are men and women of action. When a Promoter is present, things begin to happen: the lights come on, the music plays, the games begin. Clever and full of fun,  (Yay !!!!!!!!   :D ;D  ) Promoters live with a theatrical flourish which makes even the most routine events seem exciting.  ;D Not that they waste much time on routine events. In work and in play, Promoters demand new activities and new challenges. Bold and daring at heart, and ever-optimistic that things will go their way, Promoters will take tremendous risks to get what they want, and seem exhilarated by walking close to the edge of disaster. Because of this, they make the very best trouble-spot administrators and negotiators, and they can be outstanding entrepreneurs, able to swing deals and kick-start enterprises in a way no other type can.

Promoters also have a hearty appetite for the finer things of life, the best food, the best wine, expensive cars, and fashionable clothes. And they are extremely sophisticated in social circles, knowing many, many people by name, and knowing how to say just the right thing to most everyone they meet.

Charming, confident, and popular ( I wish !  :-any mods here wanna endorse THAT one ?    ???  :P :P :P  :D ;D  )  and commitment, and are likely to leave situations where they are expected to toe the mark, or where they must play second fiddle. Promoters understand well the maxim, "He who travels fastest, travels alone," although they are not likely to be lonely for long, since their boldness and sense of adventure tends to make them highly attractive to many other people.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Ernest Hemingway, John F. Kennedy, Donald Trump, Madonna, George C. Patton, Evita Peron, Winston Churchill, Grace Slick, and Teddy Roosevelt are examples of the Promoter Artisan temperament.

^

Well, I guess I HAVE to agree with SOME of that !

Written By: NbC on 06/11/08 at 6:24 am

My score....

Your Type is:
                        ISFJ

Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
  56            38            25            22

Written By: greenjello74 on 06/11/08 at 12:27 pm

E N F J
22 38 62 22

Apparently I am best suited to be a Doctor, or social worker
I think it was pretty accurate considering I'm a retired brain surgeon  LOL I wish.  ;D
Actually I am a retired group home manager for folks with special needs.

Check for new replies or respond here...