inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A head cold? now... c'mon...

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/13/08 at 7:50 am

Started feeling a sore throat Tuesday, the hottest day on record so far this year in my area, 95F or so, 90% humidity.  Three days later it's more like normal June temps, really nice and pleasant and I have a full blown head cold, with the running nose and sore throat.  I thought this crap was done back in February... ugh!!!

Subject: Re: A head cold? now... c'mon...

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/13/08 at 9:30 am

Started feeling a sore throat Tuesday, the hottest day on record so far this year in my area, 95F or so, 90% humidity.  Three days later it's more like normal June temps, really nice and pleasant and I have a full blown head cold, with the running nose and sore throat.  I thought this crap was done back in February... ugh!!!
I am the same and I call it Hay Fever.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/13/08 at 4:35 pm

well that sucks. what a drag. and it's not allergies?    dang Chucky, whatchu doing sick with a cold in June. we got to build up your immune systems or something. is it just you in your house that got sick?  oh well, ride it out and get well

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/13/08 at 4:46 pm

well that sucks. what a drag. and it's not allergies?    dang Chucky, whatchu doing sick with a cold in June. we got to build up your immune systems or something. is it just you in your house that got sick?  oh well, ride it out and get well

You're right, people can get colds in the summer.  The cold virus doesn't abide by temperature.  It's even worse when you have those nasty chills despite it being 85 degrees.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/13/08 at 7:15 pm

I am the same and I call it Hay Fever.

I thought the same thing at first, but I feel better when I'm outside... if it were allergies I think it would be the other way around.

I swear I had one in the summer a couple years ago too... if it doesn't improve in a day or two I'll have to call the doctor and see what he thinks.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/13/08 at 7:16 pm

You're right, people can get colds in the summer.  The cold virus doesn't abide by temperature.  It's even worse when you have those nasty chills despite it being 85 degrees.

yeah, but usually the warmer weather tends to reduce the conditions in which it thrives... which is why it seems so strange.  I haven't seen anyone else with the same symptoms, so it feels like it just came out of left field.

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/13/08 at 7:22 pm

I'm awfully sorry that you got a head cold this time of year, Chucky. I got one of those a couple of years ago in the middle of summer and it was pure misery.  :(

I hope you'll feel better soon.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/14/08 at 9:11 am

Feel Better Chucky. :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/14/08 at 10:28 am

As I mentioned in another thread a month or two back... I was coming down big time with a cold ... but tried this nasal stuff called 'Vick's First Defence'. Skeptical .. but thought it worth a go. Think it's thwarted at least 2, if not 3 colds that I felt coming on SINCE.  However, of little use one the cold's gotten a grip. Gotta use it pretty much in the first or second day of the symptoms ! (For me, that's usually signalled by dry itchy  (puffy ? ) eyes sneezing, impaired breathing, tiredness  etc;  Anyway, for now, I'm a big fan of this product.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/14/08 at 12:39 pm

As I mentioned in another thread a month or two back... I was coming down big time with a cold ... but tried this nasal stuff called 'Vick's First Defence'. Skeptical .. but thought it worth a go. Think it's thwarted at least 2, if not 3 colds that I felt coming on SINCE.  However, of little use one the cold's gotten a grip. Gotta use it pretty much in the first or second day of the symptoms ! (For me, that's usually signalled by dry itchy  (puffy ? ) eyes sneezing, impaired breathing, tiredness  etc;  Anyway, for now, I'm a big fan of this product.

I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I feel one coming on. 

one good thing is that it gives me an excuse to skip mowing the lawn on this super humid 80+ day...

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/14/08 at 12:50 pm

I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I feel one coming on. 

one good thing is that it gives me an excuse to skip mowing the lawn on this super humid 80+ day...
My council cut the grass close to my flat yesterday and I have been suffering since.

Written By: Gis on 06/14/08 at 2:56 pm

Rather a cold than allergies, at least a cold goes away in a week or so.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/14/08 at 2:57 pm

...not at my age.

Written By: Howard on 06/14/08 at 7:20 pm

...not at my age.

At my age it does.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/14/08 at 7:37 pm

I think you have the same thing I just got rid of (no I don't think I gave it to the other message board users.  ;D)

I started getting it on Tuesday, and by Thursday I was ready to commit Hare Kare.  Thankfully last night (Friday night) I finally started feeling human again.  Hopefully you will have as much luck with yours. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/14/08 at 7:40 pm

I think you have the same thing I just got rid of (no I don't think I gave it to the other message board users.  ;D)

I started getting it on Tuesday, and by Thursday I was ready to commit Hare Kare.  Thankfully last night (Friday night) I finally started feeling human again.  Hopefully you will have as much luck with yours. 

yeah I hope so... glad to know I'm not alone, sorry you had to suffer through it too...

I haven't been getting as much as I would have liked to done, but I'm at least still able to knock off a few small projects this weekend.

I have to second that, I couldn't imagine dealing with this more often, so I feel for ya Phil

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/14/08 at 7:45 pm

At my age it does.

Howard ... you must be getting

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6162/howardkp8.jpg
Long in the tooth ?    ::)

Written By: Howard on 06/14/08 at 9:31 pm

Howard ... you must be getting

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6162/howardkp8.jpg
Long in the tooth ?     ::)

You think I'm lying?

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/14/08 at 9:45 pm

You think I'm lying?

No .... definitely not. You ARE long in the tooth .... and I reckon your eyesight's shot too !

:P

:D

;D

Written By: Howard on 06/15/08 at 6:02 am

No .... definitely not. You ARE long in the tooth .... and I reckon your eyesight's shot too !

:D

;D

I have 20/20 vision.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 06/15/08 at 6:05 am

Head colds during the summer are the worst!  :-[ Hope you feel better soon, Chuck!

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/15/08 at 6:47 am

I have 20/20 vision.

Which apparently  .. fails you ...in front of the 'small screen'. Or maybe you lost the 'instruction booklet' ...that says  .... 'Hey, Howard .. when you're NOT sleeping .... you're supposed to OPEN your eyes'

???  ??? 

;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/15/08 at 1:22 pm

I think you have the same thing I just got rid of (no I don't think I gave it to the other message board users.   ;D)

Don't give me ideas.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/15/08 at 1:23 pm

I have 20/20 vision.
I have 20/20 vision when I wear my glasses.

Written By: Howard on 06/15/08 at 3:28 pm

I have 20/20 vision when I wear my glasses.

What about when you don't have your glasses?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/15/08 at 3:30 pm

What about when you don't have your glasses?
Firstly, I can have trouble finding my glasses.

Written By: Howard on 06/15/08 at 3:53 pm

Firstly, I can have trouble finding my glasses.

Did you find them yet?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/15/08 at 4:01 pm

Did you find them yet?
...eventually!

I am off to bed now, my Hay Fever is catching up with me.

Written By: Howard on 06/15/08 at 4:01 pm

...eventually!

I am off to bed now, my Hay Fever is catching up with me.

Feel Better.

Check for new replies or respond here...