inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Our little forum's slowly breaking down

Written By: wsmith4 on 06/16/08 at 1:21 pm

We're losing speed, we're losing strength
Not style! That goes on, flourishing forever
But our eyes, our smiles
Do not have the sparkle of our fantastic past
If we climb one more mountain
It could be our last

We're not that ill
Bad moments come, but they go
Some days are fine
Some, a little bit harder
But that doesn't mean
We should give up our dream
Have you ever seen us defeated?
Don't you forget
What we've been through, and yet
We're still standing!

Forum, you are dying
So what happens now?
Where are we going to?

Don't ask anymore....

Subject: Re: Our little forum's slowly breaking down

Written By: Tia on 06/16/08 at 1:36 pm

you said it, sir mucksalot. tis true, tis true.

Written By: whistledog on 06/16/08 at 1:44 pm

What forum is dying?  Not this one

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/16/08 at 1:48 pm

The choice was mine, and mine completely
I could have any prize that I desired
I could burn with the splendor of the brightest fire
Or else, or else I could choose time

Remember I was very young then
And a year was forever and a day
So what use could fifty, sixty, seventy be?
I saw the lights, and I was on my way

And how I lived, how they shone
But how soon the lights were gone

Cat

Written By: wsmith4 on 06/16/08 at 1:56 pm

Deep in my heart, I'm concealing
Things that I'm longing to say
Scared to confess what I'm feeling
Frightened you'll slip away
You must love me, forum
You must love me

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/16/08 at 3:29 pm

What's new Inthe00s?
I'm new, I wanna say I'm just a little stuck on you
You'll be on me too

I get out here, Inthe00s
Stand back, you oughta know whatcha gonna get in me
Just a little touch of star quality

Fill me up with your heat, with your noise
With your dirt, overdo me
Let me dance to your beat, make it loud
Let it hurt, run it through me.
Don't hold back, you are certain to impress
Tell the driver this is where I'm staying

Hello, Inthe00s
Get this, just look at me dressed up, somewhere to go
We'll put on a show

Take me in at your flood, give me speed
Give me lights, set me humming
Shoot me up with your blood, wine me up
With your nights, watch me coming
All I want is a whole lot of excess
Tell the singer this is where I'm playing

Stand back, Inthe00s
Because you oughta know whatcha gonna get in me

And if ever I go too far
It's because of the things you are
Beautiful town, I love you
And if I need a moment's rest
Give your lover the very best
Real eiderdown and silence.

You're a tramp, you're a treat
You will shine to the death, you are shoddy
But you're flesh, you are meat
You shall have every breath in my body
Put me down for a lifetime of success
Give me credit, I'll find ways of paying

Stand back, Inthe00s
Because you oughta know whatcha gonna get in me
Just a little touch of
Just a little touch of

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/16/08 at 4:00 pm

Far from it!

Written By: thereshegoes on 06/16/08 at 4:57 pm

Allow me the joy of giving you your 400th karma point Sir Billzy for you are absolutely right.

This used to be my playground...used to be
This used to be our pride and joy
This used to be the place we ran to
That no one in the world could dare destroy

Where did it go? :\'(

Written By: ninny on 06/16/08 at 5:40 pm

I didn't know it went anywhere..It is what you make of it..If you don't post then naturally it wont be as good as it should be.

Written By: thereshegoes on 06/16/08 at 5:43 pm

I didn't know it went anywhere..It is what you make of it..If you don't post then naturally it wont be as good as it should be.

aww ninny just let us cry :P

Written By: ninny on 06/16/08 at 5:45 pm

aww ninny just let us cry :P

Well if you want to cry go ahead..but instead why not cheer up with some good posting.

Written By: thereshegoes on 06/16/08 at 5:50 pm

Well if you want to cry go ahead..but instead why not cheer up with some good posting.

<*dries tears*

Maybe i will...be afraid be very afraid!

Written By: ninny on 06/16/08 at 5:59 pm

<*dries tears*

Maybe i will...be afraid be very afraid!

What are we suppose to be afraid of?

Written By: thereshegoes on 06/16/08 at 6:06 pm

What are we suppose to be afraid of?

Of nothing...your little postwhore status is safe ;)

Written By: ninny on 06/16/08 at 6:18 pm

Of nothing...your little postwhore status is safe ;)

I believe the idea is to post..otherwise there would be alot of blank space ;)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/16/08 at 6:29 pm

^ I agree with Ninny, keep posting y'all... these boards seem happier and friendlier than they did 2/3 years back for sure.

Billlzy's quote:
"Forum, you are dying
So what happens now?
Where are we going to?"

er wot??

;D
:D
;D

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/16/08 at 6:31 pm

I guess I agree that we are breaking down a little bit because I dont see as many people on line as I used to when I first registered

Written By: Howard on 06/16/08 at 6:47 pm

I've been here 7 years,this forum isn't dying.

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/16/08 at 6:49 pm

Ok well I guess I cant really argue with someone who has been her so long but I used to struggle to get my unread replies box empt and now any time I get on it is a piece of cake replying to all of the posts.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/16/08 at 6:50 pm

Ok well I guess I cant really argue with someone who has been her so long but I used to struggle to get my unread replies box empt and now any time I get on it is a piece of cake replying to all of the posts.

Don't worry.  It's summer and it always slows down this time of year....and every year a thread like this pops up.  People are just enjoying the sun instead of sitting at the computer. :)

Written By: Howard on 06/16/08 at 6:51 pm

I feel the same way.

Written By: Midas on 06/16/08 at 8:05 pm

Don't worry.  It's summer and it always slows down this time of year....and every year a thread like this pops up.  People are just enjoying the sun instead of sitting at the computer. :)

Yeah.  I enjoy getting sunburnt. :P

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/16/08 at 8:25 pm

The board looks fine to ME .... but then I WOULD say that, wouldn't I ninny, (my partner in 'crime'  ;)    8)  (?) .... or one of the 'chief ones').

I'm sure the board will still be here, and doing just fine, in 3 months from now ... when I 're-appear'    :-\\  In the meantime, those who might be ruing the way it's gone 'downhill' / been 'taken over' etc; .... will be able to have a feast ... a semi-return to the 'golden days'    ::)

As for me, whether I'll return as active as I have been, or as frivolous / playful/ wacky .... whatever ... remains to be seen. I doubt I'll have the same amount of time, for one thing ... and certainly, I feel that I need to change my life big time / be much more focused/ have a direction .... which I don't think is HERE / healthy for me ?  ...    :-\\        :(        :-X  (even though I do like a lot of you).  8)

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/16/08 at 10:25 pm

It's just resting.  Beautiful plumage, though, hmm?

I like our little backwater of the 'net.  There have been lyrics transcribed/researched/posted here that haven't been posted anywhere else.  But I'll admit that we're pretty much down to a core of regular posters.  Really, what's been missing here is content - and we're the problem.  Rather than, for instance, a chain of 500 one-line posts listing our favorite obscure bands/albums/tracks, why not a 5-post thread kicked off by an actual review?

Unfortunately, "why not" is pretty easy to answer.  Coming up with content is hard work.  Most of the major review sites already have a review for every album out there, and it's at least as good as what we'd be likely to come up with.  Most of the major lyrics sites have (with or without licensing from the assholes at the Harry Fox agency) correct lyrics these days.  Wikipedia's become a de facto reference point for just about every obscure act under the sun.  Sure, I could tell you that MC 900 Foot Jesus is still composing, but I'd just be linking to the Wikipedia article that links to the interview.  I could tell you (and was planning on writing a review as soon as I took the time to listen to both discs of it) that Steinski of "Steinski and Mass Media / The Motorcade Sped On" fame has recently released a two-CD retrospective called "What does it all mean?" that includes everything from the original Payback Mix of 1983, to a track that does for 9/11 generation what "The Motorcade Sped On" did for the Kennedy generation.  But even then, I'd probably still end up linking to the blog on which I discovered this little gem of sampling art. 

I'd write a parody here, but I really can't beat Beatallica's Hey Dude.  Yep, it's the Beatles' Hey Jude, played in a Metallica style.  Someone took the industry's two most storied (and litigious!) bands and came up with two albums (!) of parodies so awesome that Lars "NAPSTER BAD" Ulrich used his own lawyers to defend Beatallica against Sony/ATV's lawyers, who (as owners of the Beatles' intellectual property) had threatened to sue.

So let it out, and let it in,
Hey, dude, begin.
Don't wait for the Eye of the Beholder.
You'll never know when bells toll for you,
Hey dude, you'll do,
Just sling that flying-V 'cross your shoulder...

(Na na na - na na na na - na na na na... hey, dude... dude-a, dude-a, dude-I hope we don't get sued, dude...)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/16/08 at 10:25 pm

meh..Bill's right..it's nothing like it used to be (people who have been here at least 2 years or more would probably understand that). Now...if you aren't in certain cliques....it's hard to stay enthused. Just my opinion though. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nixweiss.gif

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/16/08 at 10:32 pm

meh..Bill's right..it's nothing like it used to be (people who have been here at least 2 years or more would probably understand that). Now...if you aren't in certain cliques....it's hard to stay enthused. Just my opinion though. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nixweiss.gif

There's at least 2 major 'cliques' I can think of ... although there may be more (?).    :-\\

Wish ONE of them would let ME in !    :-[    :(

:-X

Written By: whistledog on 06/16/08 at 10:36 pm

I've been a member of this board since 2005, and I don't really see the boards slowing down.  But I can say that with experience and history because I am (and have past been) a member of many messageboards, and though most of them have lots of members, you're lucky if you see maybe a dozen new posts total from anyone per week

Of all the 80s boards out there, inthe00s is the one with (and still has) the most traffic and posts/responses (believe me, I've looked long and good), so I won't ever be worried

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/16/08 at 10:43 pm

Of all the 80s boards out there, inthe00s is the one with (and still has) the most traffic and posts/responses (believe me, I've looked long and good), so I won't ever be worried

That's a bit of a load off my mind.  Your band write-ups, by the way, are great.  They put a lot of the info that might be scattered throughout a Wikipedia page, or through the AMG database, into context.  The only reason I hardly ever reply to them is that they're so friggin' complete that I can hardly ever come up with anything to add to 'em.  But that doesn't mean they're not appreciated.  Keep up the good work. 

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/16/08 at 10:44 pm

I've been a member of this board since 2005, and I don't really see the boards slowing down.  But I can say that with experience and history because I am (and have past been) a member of many messageboards, and though most of them have lots of members, you're lucky if you see maybe a dozen new posts total from anyone per week

I'm with you.

If objectivity ... statistics ... are anything to go by ... rather then subjective feelings ....

Well, we are placed in THE Top 10 .... of Big Boards 1000 + (I've forgotten the exact number) ... of boards by 'post ratio'. Furthermore, only a month or two back, we achieved our highest ever placement ... #841 ... I believe ... by over all posts !

It's well known things slow down this time of year.

Things aint THAT bad !    8) 

Written By: Jessica on 06/16/08 at 11:02 pm

I've been here 9 years, this forum isn't dying. ;)

It's just resting.  Beautiful plumage, though, hmm?

The plumage don't enter into it. It's stone dead!

Written By: whistledog on 06/16/08 at 11:03 pm

I've been here 9 years

But your profile says you registered in 2007 :D :P :P :P

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/16/08 at 11:17 pm

^ I agree with Ninny, keep posting y'all... these boards seem happier and friendlier than they did 2/3 years back for sure.

Billlzy's quote:
"Forum, you are dying
So what happens now?
Where are we going to?"

er wot??

;D
;D

I have to agree, in spite of certain 'incidents' .... probably best not gone into ... and ... other things .... on balance ... and even though I'm not always 100% on board in this regard .... I do believe the LOOSELY moderated version of this board ... makes for an overall happier experience ... than when I encountered a LOT of friction from    :-X  ...... when I first appeared around March (?) 2006 (and not a mod to be seen, I think ? )  :-\\

8)

Written By: Jessica on 06/16/08 at 11:25 pm

But your profile says you registered in 2007 :D :P :P :P

I come and go. :P

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/17/08 at 12:28 am

If objectivity ... statistics ... are anything to go by ... rather then subjective feelings ....

Well, we are placed in THE Top 10 .... of Big Boards 1000 + (I've forgotten the exact number) ... of boards by 'post ratio'. Furthermore, only a month or two back, we achieved our highest ever placement ... #841 ... I believe ... by over all posts !

But is "overall post count" truly the right metric?  Any board can get a million posts per fortnight -- all it takes is a suitable script that takes the last 100 messages, randomizes their contents, and posts the resulting gibberish, at a rate of one post per second, to the first ten pages of every board.  But would anyone want to actually register on such a board and read it?

I'm not saying we're in that category, because we plainly aren't.  I'm just pointing out a business truism:  if you provide incentives for people to optimize for the wrong metric, don't be surprised if everyone does exactly what you ask of them, but you're unhappy with the results. 

By way of analogy, consider the problem of a small town -- small-town cops are often asked to optimize for traffic ticket revenue for the town in order to lower the need for property/sales taxes on local businesses.  But when the cops do so, the out-of-towners steer clear of the city entirely in order to avoid getting the tickets.  So both ticket revenues and sales tax revenues dry up, and the local businesses starve, even though everyone's doing exactly what they're asked to do.  The real problem is that they were trying to maximize the wrong number.

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/17/08 at 12:44 am

But is "overall post count" truly the right metric?  Any board can get a million posts per fortnight -- all it takes is a suitable script that takes the last 100 messages, randomizes their contents, and posts the resulting gibberish, at a rate of one post per second, to the first ten pages of every board.  But would anyone want to actually register on such a board and read it?

I'm not saying we're in that category, because we plainly aren't.  I'm just pointing out a business truism:  if you provide incentives for people to optimize for the wrong metric, don't be surprised if everyone does exactly what you ask of them, but you're unhappy with the results. 

By way of analogy, consider the problem of a small town -- small-town cops are often asked to optimize for traffic ticket revenue for the town in order to lower the need for property/sales taxes on local businesses.  But when the cops do so, the out-of-towners steer clear of the city entirely in order to avoid getting the tickets.  So both ticket revenues and sales tax revenues dry up, and the local businesses starve, even though everyone's doing exactly what they're asked to do.  The real problem is that they were trying to maximize the wrong number.

Well, in the end ... you can look at the stats ... then turn around ..... say 'lies, damned lies and stats' .... if you WANT.

Some long term members here ... will think the place has gone to the dogs (or the hyenas .... in MY case (?_    ???    :P    ;D  ) .... and miss how it USED to be. Fact is ... everything changes/ evolves over time.

Guess I'm a bit of a 'junior' member .... with 'ONLY'  approx 18 months on board ... but it strikes me that some other longish term members here ... think there's no real prob .... and things are pretty cool.  8)

In the end ... you just CAN'T please everybody. It could also relate to how happy people were personally in their lives at the time ... so that EVERYTHING looked / had the rose colored glassses tint to it ... AND ... this board / the whole experience was something 'fresher' than.  Just about everything, will appear to become jaded, through the course of time ?    :-\\

Written By: Howard on 06/17/08 at 7:10 am

http://I've been here 9 years, this forum isn't dying
Since the beginning? 1999? :o

Written By: Dagwood on 06/17/08 at 7:15 am

Since the beginning? 1999? :o

There are a few of us that have been here for a long time.  I started coming here in 2000. 

Written By: Howard on 06/17/08 at 7:30 am

There are a few of us that have been here for a long time.  I started coming here in 2000. 

I started November 2001.

Written By: wsmith4 on 06/17/08 at 8:21 am

Look, I've been a member here since 1987 and I can tell you, it's better than ever!  ::)

Written By: Tia on 06/17/08 at 8:23 am

thomas jefferson's apparently been a member since the 18th century, i wonder how HE feels about it.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=33001.msg1680020#msg1680020

captain kirk's also been a member since the 60s. who knew?  :o

Written By: whistledog on 06/17/08 at 8:24 am

Look, I've been a member here since 1987 and I can tell you, it's better than ever!  ::)

So you were a member before you were born? :D :P

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/17/08 at 8:35 am

There's at least 2 major 'cliques' I can think of ... although there may be more (?).    :-\\

Wish ONE of them would let ME in !    :-[     :(

:-X

ALAN!!

Do your own thing man, there's nowt worse than a clicketty clique of clickers  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/17/08 at 8:38 am

Btw...........yes, it IS true ( and has since occurred to me .......... who is perhaps a deeper thinker than some would like to give credit to ?      :-\\  .............. that YES ............ I DID start a thread called 'Lies, damned lies, and statistics' ..................  which is basically about how a bunc of stats can be interpreted .......... ANY way you want ............. so .............. for instance ............ you could argue: Philip Eno ... postwhore extraordinaire ............ is responsible for our brilliant 'post-ratio' stat ...........

Yes, no question .......... we' d be a lot lower. But when I say a 'lot' ......... I don't think we're talking outside the top 200 (?)........ although I've yet to do any sums ?

Fact IS ......... this remains one of the best performing boards on the internet, so ........... as long as you're having a good time ....... who cares ?    ???

Written By: wsmith4 on 06/17/08 at 9:25 am

So you were a member before you were born? :D :P

I was born in 78

Written By: Tam on 06/17/08 at 9:40 am

Alas, although it is much earlier than normal, it was about due time for this thread to appear! ;)

Our forum is a safe place, our haven, where we can come to endulge in gossip, fights, rumors and the like.
There will always be some sort of drama going on, whether it is heard or not.
It is the place I come to in order to blow off steam or when I am feeling lonely.
Our support system, no matter how it may appear, is the strongest one on the net.
Hold on folks, it's summertime..... there's a dip, and a dive...
But our little forum will always be ALIVE!
;D

Seriously though, it is the same every summer... the boards slow down a lot but come fall everyone will be back and so will new people. Of course, for some of us it has changed a lot, but if it didn't change, we would become bored quite fast. Cliques.... well they come and go don't they? I post as myself and try not to worry about those, because if you have to be someone you aren't in order to get into one, then who is really being compromised? ;)

Tam 8)

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/17/08 at 10:00 am

^

Thank god ....  (hey .... how phoney ..... does THAT sound .... considering I AM a 'card carrying athiest'  ???    :-X  )  ... thank 'god' .... I am NOT .............. a 'phoney'  !  8) 8) 8)

(Pretending ........      ???    ::)    :P    :D    ;D  )

8)

Written By: Tam on 06/17/08 at 10:12 am

;D ;D

Seriously though, if you can't be yourself and be happy with it, then why try even try being someone you aren't? Doesn't make much sense to me. ???

Nobody has to like me - I am who I am and I am happy with that! 8)

hmmm.... maybe I should make my own clique. Members: ME! ;D ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/17/08 at 10:17 am

^

Learning .... to clique yourself .... is the GREATEST 'clique' of all !      8)

:P

;D

Written By: Tam on 06/17/08 at 10:19 am

^

Learning .... to clique yourself .... is the GREATEST 'clique' of all !      8)

;D

And I try to clique myself every day!!! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/17/08 at 10:26 am

And I try to clique myself every day!!! ;D ;D ;D

I have to admit... I laughed at that one too ! .... Well      :-\\    I laughed !    8)    :P      ;D

Written By: thereshegoes on 06/17/08 at 10:38 am

Alan is our MPD resident,multiple personalities for each day of the week ;D

Written By: Tia on 06/17/08 at 10:44 am

?????????????????????????????????????????

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/17/08 at 10:46 am

Do NOT expect me to be here ... this time ... next week ..............well, I sincerely  hope not !  Or the next week or the next week , or the next week .........

Yeah, I'm DEFINITELY ...............'outta here !'      :P    ;D

Written By: thereshegoes on 06/17/08 at 10:56 am

?????????????????????????????????????????

Tia is confused?  :P

Do NOT expect me to be here ... this time ... next week ..............well, I sincerely  hope not !  Or the next week or the next week , or the next week .........

Yeah, I'm DEFINITELY ...............'outta here !'       :P     ;D

Why? You going on a vacation?

Written By: Tia on 06/17/08 at 10:58 am

naw -- well, yes, but that's another matter. alan's alias on the man-hating thread was a bunch of question marks. i forgot i'd end up with lots of this guy  ??? if i typed in a bunch of question marks, though.

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/17/08 at 11:02 am

Why? You going on a vacation?

'Normal service' ........... can be resumed.    ::)

I expect to be gone ... for most of 3 months .............. with possible sporadic posting .... but, few and far between ?

Off next week, to Thailand, for a week, UK ... for approx 2 months ..... then Thailand, return ... 1.5 weeks ?

Enjoy !    :P    :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/08 at 11:03 am

I expect to be gone ... for most of 3 months .............. with possible sporadic posting .... but, few and far between ?

Off next week, to Thailand, for a week, UK ... for approx 2 months ..... then Thailand, return ... 1.5 weeks ?

Enjoy !    :P     :D
We will miss you!

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/17/08 at 11:06 am

We will miss you!

I thank you, kind sir.  :)    I would hope YOU ......... are not in one of those damned 'cliques' !    >:(

Written By: thereshegoes on 06/17/08 at 11:07 am

Enjoy !    :P    :D

Ah that looks fun! You wanna take me with you?we could stay with my sister she lives in Bangkok 8)

Written By: Tia on 06/17/08 at 11:13 am

Enjoy !    :P     :D
the UK has lots of cheap net cafes. i dunno about thailand.

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/17/08 at 11:14 am

Ah that looks fun! You wanna take me with you?we could stay with my sister she lives in Bangkok 8)

Hmm........ hmm..... tempting. But .......... hmm.......... hmmmmmmmmmm tempting .......... but ........    :-X 

As for Bang Cock......... sounds VERY painful !    :\'(

;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/08 at 11:15 am

There are many in London.

Written By: thereshegoes on 06/17/08 at 11:17 am

Hmm........ hmm..... tempting. But .......... hmm.......... hmmmmmmmmmm tempting .......... but ........    :-X   

As for Bang Cock......... sounds VERY painful !     :\'(

;D

Aww you don't like that?  :D

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/17/08 at 11:19 am

The price ain't really the issue, ........... more the 'availability'. Yes, the friend I expect to stay with .... DOES have the internet ....... but ...... given it's HIS computer ....... and I'm sure he has a lot of 'secrets' / and financial stuff ...... on his hard drive ............ well, I feel a bit awkward re asking HIS computer. 

Mum's in a rural area ...no internet.

Yes, I expect 'opportunites' ........ to be limited, and in brief spells.............  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/08 at 11:27 am

The price ain't really the issue, ........... more the 'availability'. Yes, the friend I expect to stay with .... DOES have the internet ....... but ...... given it's HIS computer ....... and I'm sure he has a lot of 'secrets' / and financial stuff ...... on his hard drive ............ well, I feel a bit awkward re asking HIS computer. 

Mum's in a rural area ...no internet.

Yes, I expect 'opportunites' ........ to be limited, and in brief spells.............  :(
How about a LapTop with a remote Internet connection thingy?

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/17/08 at 11:31 am

How about a LapTop with a remote Internet connection thingy?

Not entirely sure ... how that would work. However, am contemplating ... spare portable hard drive/ lap top........ to keep me amused/ informed/  learning ......... on that pain in ass .......... long haul flight .... which I can 'hardly wait'....... to be on  !    :-X

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/08 at 11:39 am

Not entirely sure ... how that would work. However, am contemplating ... spare portable hard drive/ lap top........ to keep me amused/ informed/   learning ......... on that pain in ass .......... long haul flight .... which I can 'hardly wait'....... to be on  !     :-X
...and think of your return, catching up on the post the have lapsed on your absence?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/17/08 at 11:58 am

I was just enjoying quoting from Evita.  :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: ninny on 06/17/08 at 12:07 pm

We will miss you!

That is an under statement for me :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/08 at 12:10 pm

Cat
Where do we go from here?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/17/08 at 12:32 pm

I thought that was Alan Parsons Project

Where do we go from here
now that all of the children are grown up
and how do we spend our lives
if there's no one to give us a hand

I don't wanna live here no more
I don't wanna stay
ain't gonna spend the rest of my life
quietly fading away

Games people play
you take it or you leave it
hard or right
if I promise you the moon and the stars
would you believe it?
games people play in the middle of the night

Where do we go from here

I don't wanna stay
quietly fading away

Games people play
the things that they say
just don't make it right
if I'm telling you the truth right now
would you believe it?

Games people play
hard or right
would you believe it?

Games people play
the things that they say
just don't make it right
do you believe it?

:D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/17/08 at 12:48 pm

^I love that song! ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/08 at 1:08 pm

Cat

I was quoting the first line of "You Must Love Me" from the movie version of Evita.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/17/08 at 1:14 pm

I was quoting the first line of "You Must Love Me" from the movie version of Evita.

I know but when I hear that line-I think of the Alan Parsons Project. (Personally, I have always preferred the album to the play with Patti LaPone and Mandy Potemkin rather than the movie-but that is me.)

Cat

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/17/08 at 4:49 pm

That is an under statement for me :)

What a nice thing to say !  :)

8)

:-*

:D  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/17/08 at 5:24 pm

I thought that was Alan Parsons Project

Where do we go from here

I don't wanna stay
quietly fading away

Games people play
hard or right
would you believe it?

Where do we go from here

I don't wanna stay
quietly fading away

Games people play
the things that they say
just don't make it right
would you believe it?

Games people play
hard or right
would you believe it?

Games people play
the things that they say
just don't make it right
do you believe it?

:D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

^ One of my favorite bands ! 8)

Got into them (?) 1978 .... thanks to visiting a friend in Illinois (Des Plaines) .  Those were the days  ..... when we'd drink all night ... then, I 'd meet him the next morning for a breakfast .... and he'd playfully offer me a beer. Well, how COULD I refuse  ???  :-\\  ..... so, we'd start all over again (day after day ... 'the show MUST go on' !  :P  < yes, one of THEIR lyrics !  8)    ;D  ).

http://www.musicbox-online.com/images/i-robot.jpg
So, 'I robot' ... was the order of the day .... and didn't he LOVE to blast 'The Voice' (Steve Harley on vocals)  .... which had some very 'Cat' like guitar playing (hope she approves  :P  ) .... on his 'Altec Lansing' concert type speakers.

http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/artists/images/The_Alan_Parsons_Project_-_Pyramid.jpg
Introduced me to the 'Pyramid' album too (can't recall if was in '78 trip ... or a later one, in 1980 (?)  :-\\ . Also a great album. Well, I have those, along with the first one ... 'Tales of mystery and Imagination'... which was about the author Edgar Allen Poe. That one featured 'Arthur Brown'.  The array of artists that would appear on the 'Project' albums.... was one intruiging / impressive aspect .... a number of whom, had had solo or band hits, in their own right.

Don't play that first one too much though.  Really got into perhaps their most commercial album... 'A turn of a friendly card' in 1980 .... great orchestration .. and a beautiful ballad in 'Time'. Lots of good tracks !

http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/6621.jpg

The last album of theirs on which I liked MOST (all ? ) of the tracks ... was a couple of years later ...

http://www.ferhiga.com/progre/portadas/app-eye-sky.jpg

Yeah, I seem to recall some of the WWF wrestlers would march into the ring to the  opening instrumental part to the title track    ::)    ;D

An enjoyable album, some good tracks ... but I preferred the earlier efforts (?). After that ... generally disappointing, although occasional gems of tracks .... like 'Pipeline'  on 'Ammonia Avenue' album.  A VERY cool sax dominated instrumental !  8)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/17/08 at 10:03 pm

O, Forum of excellent jest, of most gracious insouciance!

Thy lights shine as brightly as the roaring flames we use to guide our lives.
The wit of thy members shows both the profound and the ludicrous.

In the travels I have made through the neon pathway upon which wqe now tread,
None have shined quite so distinctly- none have proven so motley and yet sparkling as this bastion.
E'en though from time to time, there are those who would have difference of opinion.

May this diamond continue to shine as bright as the treasured stars in the cosmos.
For it is the doom of humankind that we lose our camaraderie, and our spirit of sensation.

Wouldst that we all could find such a place to shelter from the tears and troubles of the world outside...

Written By: Howard on 06/17/08 at 10:07 pm

As for Bang Cock......... sounds VERY painful !     :\'(

;D

To me,sounds inviting. ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/17/08 at 10:07 pm

The forum wasn't here in 1987. ::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/18/08 at 1:21 am

The hell you say. 

(Mummu!) Five to twelve!
(Mummu!) Almost gone!
(Mummu!) 1987!
(Mummu!) WTF have we done?

- KLF, Burn the Bastards, track 7 on Who Killed the JAMs

That Thomas Jefferson guy was a cheap hack, as was that Kirk dude.  The universe started in 1970.  Anyone over 38 is lying about their age.  We'll probably survive through 2012, but I don't know about 2038.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/bug.png

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/18/08 at 1:31 am

It was 1987, we had our first computer, a Commodore 128.

Written By: Howard on 06/18/08 at 6:40 am

It was 1987, we had our first computer, a Commodore 128.

I had an Atari,that was MY computer.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/18/08 at 12:10 pm

^

Learning .... to clique yourself .... is the GREATEST 'clique' of all !       8)

;D

Too funny

;D ;D ;D

seriously tho' i think there is far too much analyzing going on, just post away everyone

Written By: wsmith4 on 06/18/08 at 12:24 pm

Too funny

;D ;D ;D

seriously tho' i think there is far too much analyzing going on, just post away everyone

Had I known what that silly little post would turn into..sheesh!!!

Don't cry for me, inthe00's
The truth is I never left you
All through my wild posts
My mad existence
I kept my promise
Don't keep your distance

The truth is I shall not leave you
Though it may get harder
For you to see me
I'm from the 80's
And always will be.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/18/08 at 12:28 pm

Had I known what that silly little post would turn into..sheesh!!!

The truth is I never left you
All through my wild posts
My mad existence
I kept my promise
Don't keep your distance

The truth is I shall not leave you
Though it may get harder
For you to see me
I'm from the 80's
And always will be.

you're pretty talented there buddy! ;) :D

Written By: wsmith4 on 06/18/08 at 12:29 pm

you're pretty talented there buddy! ;) :D

hehehehe  ;D

Written By: adagio on 06/18/08 at 2:20 pm

How do you figure that the forum is breaking down?

Written By: wsmith4 on 06/18/08 at 2:21 pm

like oh em gee... i can't believe it.  i don't.

Written By: adagio on 06/18/08 at 2:27 pm

like oh em gee... i can't believe it.  i don't.

Were you answeing somebody or making a comment?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/18/08 at 2:35 pm

How do you figure that the forum is breaking down?

You gotta understand something about Sir Billzy, he's known for making topics that are silly just to get silly answers.  Between you and me, I think he's got a screw loose (I think it fell out of his tyre) (BTW that whole screw/type comment is meant as irony since that is one of his more famous screwy topics.)  ;) ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/18/08 at 2:36 pm

The board is far from a slowly breaking down today.

Written By: wsmith4 on 06/18/08 at 3:08 pm

You gotta understand something about Sir Billzy, he's known for making topics that are silly just to get silly answers.  Between you and me, I think he's got a screw loose (I think it fell out of his tyre) (BTW that whole screw/type comment is meant as irony since that is one of his more famous screwy topics.)   ;) ;D

I don't know if I should  ;D or  :\'(

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/18/08 at 3:10 pm

It's called the "Summer Slump" and it occurs every year at this time when people decide to go on vacations and do other outside things instead of hanging out on the computer.

With the recent approval (finally) for my house addition, I know my free time for the sites will be lessened for a couple months as well.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/18/08 at 3:11 pm

I don't know if I should  ;D or  :\'(

Ph definately  ;D

It was meant as a compliment

Written By: wsmith4 on 06/18/08 at 3:15 pm

Ph definately  ;D

It was meant as a compliment

Ok then  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D Thank you!  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/18/08 at 3:27 pm

It's called the "Summer Slump" and it occurs every year at this time when people decide to go on vacations and do other outside things instead of hanging out on the computer.

With the recent approval (finally) for my house addition, I know my free time for the sites will be lessened for a couple months as well.
July and August are the key holiday months here.

Written By: wsmith4 on 06/18/08 at 3:31 pm

July and August are the key holiday months here.

same?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/18/08 at 3:34 pm

same?
I have no holiday booked.

Written By: wsmith4 on 06/18/08 at 3:38 pm

I have no holiday booked.

watch some teley, then?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/18/08 at 7:06 pm

Karaoke is much the same.
July & August are the main months where we experience slower business, but I still manage to bring in decent crowds, so...

Written By: Howard on 06/18/08 at 7:07 pm

The board is far from a slowly breaking down today.

What about for the month?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/08 at 2:42 am

What about for the month?
The month of June (2008) did start of slowly, but it has now picked up.

Written By: Howard on 06/19/08 at 6:36 am

The month of June (2008) did start of slowly, but it has now picked up.

summer's coming up soon.

Written By: wsmith4 on 06/19/08 at 7:22 am

summer's coming up soon.

is summer coming up soon?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/08 at 7:29 am

We never had a summer last year.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/19/08 at 7:16 pm

I don't have any doggerel handy, but this little forum's weathered a lot of storms!

Written By: adagio on 06/19/08 at 7:30 pm

I'm sure that it has.

Written By: Howard on 06/19/08 at 7:48 pm

first day of Summer,June 20th.

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/19/08 at 8:34 pm

As we only yesterday ... reached our highest ever position (Big-Boards #839 ... we were 867 when it began)

This thread: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=16409.msg776996#msg776996

... since record taking began on this site ... back in January 2006  ... well, I reckon THAT'S a good sign !    8)

Edit: p.s.  ... ironic, isn't it .. that this should happen when we EXPECT to slump ... at this time of the year .. AND  .. when the doomers and gloomers are lamenting our 'glorious past' !    :P    :D    ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/08 at 11:17 pm

first day of Summer,June 20th.
...and does it show outside?

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/19/08 at 11:37 pm

Wow. An early appearance by you !

Written By: adagio on 06/19/08 at 11:41 pm

Hi,  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/08 at 11:43 pm

Wow. An early appearance by you !
Very early (now 05:45), cannot sleep (hay fever), look forward to a long afternoon nap.

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/19/08 at 11:44 pm

^^ Hello .... and I've YET to get out.    :-
Very early (now 05:45), cannot sleep (hay fever), look forward to a long afternoon nap.

Sorry to read that.  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/08 at 11:46 pm

Sorry to read that.   :(
Thank you for your sympathies.

Written By: adagio on 06/19/08 at 11:53 pm

Sorry, Phillip...I know that hay fever can be a pain.

Alan, do a 'little' something...that's something!

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/08 at 11:56 pm

Sorry, Phillip...I know that hay fever can be a pain.

Alan, do a 'little' something...that's something!
I may be back to bed very soon.

Written By: adagio on 06/20/08 at 12:15 am

It's after 1 a.m. here, so I know that I will.  Goodnight. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/20/08 at 1:32 am

I may be back to bed very soon.
I did and now I am back.

Written By: Howard on 06/20/08 at 6:24 am

It should feel like summer tomorrow.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/20/08 at 7:27 am

It should feel like summer tomorrow.
...it should ?

Written By: Howard on 06/20/08 at 3:20 pm

...it should ?

about 86 degrees.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/21/08 at 3:23 am

Are you posting on this board to escape from reality? Me, I don't need this sh*t. I am reality. There's the way it ought to be, and there's the way it is.  Now, I got no problem with anyone who posts like they're supposed to. But when they don't, the forum breaks down. And when the forum breaks down, we break down. And I ain't gonna allow that... in any of you. Not one.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bI8_ulxI3y8A9aSjzbkF/SIG=12l1fjnbi/EXP=1214122943/**http%3A//images.chron.com/content/news/photos/05/11/04/berenger.jpg

Written By: Howard on 06/21/08 at 7:15 am

It's not breaking down,it's breaking up.

Written By: adagio on 06/21/08 at 9:59 am

Are you posting on this board to escape from reality? Me, I don't need this sh*t. I am reality. There's the way it ought to be, and there's the way it is.  Now, I got no problem with anyone who posts like they're supposed to. But when they don't, the forum breaks down. And when the forum breaks down, we break down. And I ain't gonna allow that... in any of you. Not one.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bI8_ulxI3y8A9aSjzbkF/SIG=12l1fjnbi/EXP=1214122943/**http%3A//images.chron.com/content/news/photos/05/11/04/berenger.jpg

You got tough there for a second!

Written By: gibbo on 06/21/08 at 10:01 am

Hmmmm......that ALMOST sounded impressive!  ;)

Written By: adagio on 06/21/08 at 10:04 am

..and cool  8)

Written By: gibbo on 06/21/08 at 10:10 am

I don't know if I agree that it's breaking down (i've only been here a nanosecond)....but it definitely IS different than it was 2-3 years ago. I have read some archival postings and there was a lot more conversation back then. It seems to have evolved where the characters here are more diverse and thos ewanting actual conversation seek out certain members or like minded groups. I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing.......As long as tribalism doesn't creep in then everyone should get along swimingly...

Written By: adagio on 06/21/08 at 10:22 am

I don't know if I agree that it's breaking down (i've only been here a nanosecond)....but it definitely IS different than it was 2-3 years ago. I have read some archival postings and there was a lot more conversation back then. It seems to have evolved where the characters here are more diverse and thos ewanting actual conversation seek out certain members or like minded groups. I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing.......As long as tribalism doesn't creep in then everyone should get along swimingly...

There's a message in there I think.  There may have been more conversation (I didn't look at the archives), but to me conversation's always a good thing.  I don't think it's breaking down either, just probably changing.  Some want a post count, others want a conversation.

Written By: gibbo on 06/21/08 at 10:25 am

There's a message in there I think.  There may have been more conversation (I didn't look at the archives), but to me conversation's always a good thing.  I don't think it's breaking down either, just probably changing.  Some want a post count, others want a conversation.

Yes...and they work out where to go here for what they need....

Written By: adagio on 06/21/08 at 10:29 am

Yes...and they work out where to go here for what they need....

I knew there was a message.  ;) ;D

Although, people that don't like telling everything here may want to go to PM.
But, I agree, general conversation can be held here.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/21/08 at 11:42 am

You got tough there for a second!
;D  yeah, for only a second, but that's not me so back to being "the good mike"

Hmmmm......that ALMOST sounded impressive!  ;)
that was Tom Berenger as Sgt. Barnes from one of my favorite movies *Platoon*

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/21/08 at 1:03 pm

It's moving up!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/21/08 at 1:06 pm

'Break it down
(Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh) (x4)
Stop Hammer time'

Written By: NullandVoid on 06/21/08 at 7:10 pm

Nah it can't be...I'm just getting back into the swing of things, but minus a few new "faces" it seems the same to me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/22/08 at 4:30 am

Nah it can't be...I'm just getting back into the swing of things, but minus a few new "faces" it seems the same to me.
...amd some same old faces to?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/22/08 at 4:30 am

Breaking up is hard to do.

Written By: Howard on 06/22/08 at 5:51 am

...amd some same old faces to?

faces that been here for many years.

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/22/08 at 5:54 am

faces that been here for many years.

Your avatar ............. hasn't aged .... a bit !    :-X          ::)      :-X      ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/22/08 at 5:57 am

Your avatar ............. hasn't aged .... a bit !    :-X          ::)      :-X      ;D

It's 4 years old back when I shaved my facial hair off.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/22/08 at 5:58 am

Can it be the Dorian Gray Syndrome?

Written By: Howard on 06/22/08 at 5:59 am

What is that?

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/22/08 at 6:01 am

Can it be ... that Howard is desireable to Bill ........... based on an avatar ........ which hardly reflects on how he looks now ?   

???

;D

Written By: Howard on 06/22/08 at 6:01 am

Can it be ... that Howard is desireable to Bill ........... based on an avatar ........ which hardly reflects on how he looks now ?   

???

;D

Could you stop it?  ::)

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/22/08 at 6:03 am

What is that?

An Oscar Wilde movie, about a guy ... who basically sells his soul to the devil, in return that he never grows physically old, in his appearance.  His portrait, however ... DOES reflect, his TRUE age ! 

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/22/08 at 6:05 am

Could you stop it?  ::)

I have to get my 'money's worth ' !      8)

You only have to endure me ..... 2 more days !      :D    ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 06/22/08 at 6:07 am

An Oscar Wilde movie, about a guy ... who basically sells his soul to the devil, in return that he never grows physically old, in his appearance.  His portrait, however ... DOES reflect, his TRUE age ! 

I should clarify ... Oscar Wilde .... did NOT direct / star personally in movie.  He was just the author  !

Written By: Howard on 06/24/08 at 10:49 am

I have to get my 'money's worth ' !      8)

You only have to endure me ..... 2 more days !       :D    ;D

Oh goody.  ::) :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/24/08 at 2:21 pm

An Oscar Wilde movie, about a guy ... who basically sells his soul to the devil, in return that he never grows physically old, in his appearance.   His portrait, however ... DOES reflect, his TRUE age !  
Cliff Richard must have a portrait in an attic somewhere.

Written By: Howard on 06/25/08 at 6:51 am

Why is it breaking down?

Written By: adagio on 06/25/08 at 6:57 am

I don't think it is, IMHO.

Written By: Howard on 06/25/08 at 7:01 am

It's just getting better.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/25/08 at 2:42 pm

It's just getting better.
It's getting better all the time.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/25/08 at 7:45 pm

You've got to admit, it's getting better!  Better?  Better!  Betttttter!

Written By: Howard on 06/25/08 at 9:29 pm

with new people coming in.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/08 at 1:24 am

with new people coming in.
New people with fresh ideas.

Written By: gibbo on 06/26/08 at 3:12 am

We have great days, good days and some pretty ordinary days....but mostly good days.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/08 at 3:15 am

We have great days, good days and some pretty ordinary days....but mostly good days.  :)
Every day is a good day!

Written By: gibbo on 06/26/08 at 3:27 am

Every day is a good day!

I wish I had YOUR temperament.  :)  Maybe it's just me that has bad days.... ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/08 at 3:29 am

I wish I had YOUR temperament.  :)  Maybe it's just me that has bad days.... ;D
The secret could be in the tea drinking.

Written By: Howard on 06/26/08 at 6:52 am

That must be some good tea.  :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/27/08 at 11:00 am

Every day is a good day!

Good Day, Sunshine?

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/27/08 at 7:30 pm

I think it's because of the summer.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/28/08 at 12:05 am

Oh, please. A couple of years ago, we hardly had any posts here for a while.

That's obviously changed.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/28/08 at 2:23 am

That must be some good tea.  :o
I could do with some now.

Written By: Howard on 06/28/08 at 6:54 am

Oh, please. A couple of years ago, we hardly had any posts here for a while.

That's obviously changed.

I think I remember that day.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/29/08 at 6:20 am

The forum isn't dying. It's always slow in June, but that's the same everywhere obviously. Inthe00s has gone through many changes in membership, with still quite a few people still here from back when I first joined. Sad that some are no longer with us here, but that's life. People come, people go. New people come along... and it's all good. ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/29/08 at 5:31 pm

The forum isn't dying. It's always slow in June, but that's the same everywhere obviously. Inthe00s has gone through many changes in membership, with still quite a few people still here from back when I first joined. Sad that some are no longer with us here, but that's life. People come, people go. New people come along... and it's all good. ;)

And this forum must move on to better things.  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/02/08 at 2:01 am

And this forum must move on to better things.  ;)
This forum does move, but over the last few days it has not moved so much.

Written By: Howard on 07/02/08 at 7:28 am

This forum does move, but over the last few days it has not moved so much.

the holidays,probably.

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/02/08 at 1:32 pm

prolly.

Written By: Howard on 07/03/08 at 7:30 am

It should return soon.

Written By: KKay on 07/03/08 at 7:33 am

i think it's just changing.  i don't participate as much as i used to, but i still enjoy it.  wish i had gotten to know some people as well as others do- i mean you all obviously know lots about each other.  i don't read thoroughly.  not like years ago.

Written By: Howard on 07/03/08 at 7:35 am

i think it's just changing.  i don't participate as much as i used to, but i still enjoy it.  wish i had gotten to know some people as well as others do- i mean you all obviously know lots about each other.  i don't read thoroughly.  not like years ago.

I'm so busy at work I don't have much time either but only after work do I have the time to visit here.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/03/08 at 12:18 pm

the holidays,probably.
Holidays do loom, even July 4th.

Written By: Marian on 07/03/08 at 1:05 pm

Do you ever drink Ethiopian tea?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/04/08 at 3:09 am

Do you ever drink Ethiopian tea?
I don't think that I have knowing tried that.

Written By: Howard on 07/04/08 at 6:01 am

Holidays do loom, even July 4th.

with not many people.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/08 at 5:42 am

with not many people.
It seems that many people are away.

Written By: Howard on 07/09/08 at 7:07 am

It seems that many people are away.

on vacation most likely.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/09/08 at 7:25 am

July = slowest month on the internet. :(

Written By: Howard on 07/09/08 at 8:16 am

Then it picks up later in the month.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/08 at 2:16 pm

The hot weather drives our members out.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/09/08 at 2:32 pm

The hot weather drives me out-out of my mind.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/09/08 at 2:35 pm

Cat

Me too!  :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/08 at 3:16 pm

Cat

Me too!  :P
I wish it was hot here!

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/09/08 at 3:47 pm

oh my god we're back on weather again!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/08 at 3:48 pm

oh my god we're back on weather again!
The heat is causing the boards to breakdown

Written By: Henk on 07/09/08 at 4:45 pm

The heat is causing the boards to breakdown

More like a meltdown...

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/08 at 4:48 pm

More like a meltdown...
Spontaneous combustion?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/09/08 at 4:59 pm

Do we have the Pepsi Syndrome here?

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/08 at 5:08 pm

Do we have the Pepsi Syndrome here?

Cat
Can the Pepsi Syndrome be explained here?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/09/08 at 5:12 pm

I can see that.  Our computer room is the hottest room in the house - it's the last place I want to spend time, but I had to come and at least say hello!  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/08 at 5:16 pm

I can see that.  Our computer room is the hottest room in the house - it's the last place I want to spend time, but I had to come and at least say hello!   :)
Why not move the computer next to the fridge?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/09/08 at 5:20 pm

Can the Pepsi Syndrome be explained here?

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/78/78ppepsi.phtml

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/09/08 at 5:48 pm

Why not move the computer next to the fridge?

There's an idea...

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/10/08 at 2:29 am

There's an idea...
...or the fridge to the computer room?

Written By: Howard on 07/10/08 at 7:26 am

There's an idea...

That way,you don't have to walk so much.

Check for new replies or respond here...