inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Let me tell you about.....

Written By: Tam on 06/17/08 at 10:40 am

We have made threads that make us guess who we are talking about, we have threads that compliment each other, and threads that describe ourselves, but I have yet to see a thread where we see ourselves and others through the eyes of another.

Ya, there are threads that have gone off topic and we have said things like this in them, but I want to do a thread where you pick a person, tell us who it is, and then describe them the way you see them. Do as many members as you like, or just do a couple. It is entirely up to you. You may not even be right in what you say about them, but it is your view, how they affect or have affected you and the like....

Quirk:

She is an old soul, full of love and kindness and adventure. She rarely sees the beauty within herself, only her faults. She is a captivating woman, with knowledge beyond her years, with a heart so big that she would give you the shirt off of her back if she thought you were cold and needed it. She is very empathetic, and strives for others to realize their potential before her own. Always putting everything before herself, she sometimes gets lost in the shuffle, and this is when her heart cries. She never looks for a thank you, or a pat on the back, because she is the first one to give those things. Her faith is unwavering, and no matter what is thrown at her, she takes it in stride, deals with it and moves on.

A lover of music and a geek to the core, she helped me personally realize that I can be a geek and not be afraid to show it. She has shown me that I can be proud of my faith, even when those around me are trying to break it down and prove it wrong. She, like me, has unconditional love for a child that is not biologically hers, knowing that children are a blessing even when they are at their worst. She knows not everyone is perfect, so she says her serenity prayer daily to help her understand why things are the way they are. And she has taught me that even though we may not speak every single day, our friendship will be the same no matter the time or place.

Subject: Re: Let me tell you about.....

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/17/08 at 11:46 am

Tam....I cannot even put into words how much YOUR words meant to me. I seriously started crying while reading this. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for recognizing me and saying such heartfelt things about me. It made my day. I was having a bad day too...kind of down in the dumps...but your words have brought me back up. A million hugs to you my friend. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/multijump.gif

Written By: Tam on 06/17/08 at 3:51 pm

Tam....I cannot even put into words how much YOUR words meant to me. I seriously started crying while reading this. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for recognizing me and saying such heartfelt things about me. It made my day. I was having a bad day too...kind of down in the dumps...but your words have brought me back up. A million hugs to you my friend. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/multijump.gif

You are so welcome Darlin'.
I am glad that my words brightened your day, and everything that I said I truly mean and believe.
A million hugs right back at cha! ;)

Written By: Tam on 06/17/08 at 4:08 pm

CatwomanofV:

I see her as the resident mother of this forum. She is full of wiadom and grace, the kind that is rare to find in today's society. She will tell you exactly what she thinks, and you will listen because she has that affect on you. She is the peacekeeper of all things, and she strives to see that everyone gets along and remains friends. Mother Nature is her driving force, and she loves things that are old and romantic.

She has taught me to look deeper, to see more than just two sides, and look for what is better than what actually appears on the outside. She loves her family to the core, no matter what they do or who they are. SHe taught me that love doesn't have an age, and that it can be found no matter previous circumstances. Most of all, she has taught me patience with those around me, and understanding of situations that are way bigger than me.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/17/08 at 5:11 pm

I thought I would share some words about Tam, beings that she was so kind about me. :)

Tam, in my eyes, seems like one of the most fun people on the face of the planet. I truly wish we lived closer because every moment with her would be laughs and good times.  I think that Tam has to be one of the best wives in the entire world. She is so in love with her husband, and is so proud of what he does. I love it when she posts little pictures of the two of them, or when she puts little icons on her myspace page concerning the love she has for the love of her life. It's so nice to see two people who are so in love.

Tam is also a wonderful mother to Michael. I can totally see that he means the world to her, and like myself, even though she didn't birth him....he is truly hers. Her love for her son makes me think of a little magnet that I have on my fridge. It is an adoption creed..and it goes:

Not flesh of my flesh
Not bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute
you didn't grow under my heart
but in it.

Your love for your son Tam...will never go unappreciated. He will always look back and remember the good times you had together, and how you were always there to take good care of him.

Tam is also a great leader.  I couldn't think of anyone MORE perfect than her to be a lead moderator. She's the type of person that you can feel so very comfortable going to with a problem or concern. She never judges anyone and she gives wonderful advice. She takes care of problems very efficiently too. Chucky made a great decision when he gave her that position. :)

Tam is the type of friend that most people long to have in their lives. She's the girl who isn't afraid to be one of the boys, to let her hair down and just have a hell of a good time. She's very diverse when it comes to her love of music..and she has inspired me to go back to school and take up computers (GEEK GIRLS UNITE!!).

I am proud to have Tam as my friend, and even though we have never met in person (hopefully someday we will), I will always hold her close to my heart.

Love ya girlie. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/17/08 at 5:22 pm

Ok...I want to tell you about my good friend Bill (Sir Billzy)....

Bill came to us originally and the first thing he showed us on the boards was his funny sense of humor. Who can forget the screw in the tyre thread? I think we all had turns posting in it and getting a laugh from time to time.  If I asked everyone on the boards to name one characteristic of Bill...they would probably name something like, "humorous", "funny", "crazy", "silly", etc...however, I would say, "compassionate".

I have had the pleasure of getting to know Bill through our many PM's and conversations....and I am proud to call him my friend.  Bill has a gentleness about him, and I don't think he would ever purposely hurt anyone..and if he did (unintentionally)...I think he would feel horrible about it. He's very sensitive and takes things to heart. He shows so much compassion toward people, and animals. I get the impression that Bill would be a great pet owner, spoiling his pet as if it were his child.  Bill seems to not always think the best of himself, and perhaps get down on himself more than he should...but he has no reason to think badly at all about himself...he's a super duper guy!

Bill truly loves and cares about his boyfriend Billy. He is proud of who he is and I love that he isn't afraid to let people see the real him.  He is very unique and loves to collect things. This man's Pyrex collection is amazing..I'm jealous of it! LOL!  He seems so very organized and neat..and really proud of his home and everything in it.

He loves retro things, and I could literally talk to him for hours about our similar childhoods.  He has a soft spot in his heart for his family, and memories with them are things that he holds very dear to him.  When I talk to Bill...I feel like I am sharing MY own childhood memories with like a brother that I never had. He would be the coolest brother ever. :)

I am very happy that I have had the chance to meet and get to know Bill better. He's a wonderful human being. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/17/08 at 7:21 pm

CatwomanofV:

I see her as the resident mother of this forum. She is full of wiadom and grace, the kind that is rare to find in today's society. She will tell you exactly what she thinks, and you will listen because she has that affect on you. She is the peacekeeper of all things, and she strives to see that everyone gets along and remains friends. Mother Nature is her driving force, and she loves things that are old and romantic.

She has taught me to look deeper, to see more than just two sides, and look for what is better than what actually appears on the outside. She loves her family to the core, no matter what they do or who they are. SHe taught me that love doesn't have an age, and that it can be found no matter previous circumstances. Most of all, she has taught me patience with those around me, and understanding of situations that are way bigger than me.

You know, you better be careful because if you keep saying nice things about me, I just may start to believe them.  ;) :D ;D

j/k.

I can't thank you enough for your kind words, my friend. It is so sweet of you. I will post some comments of my own when I have more time. Thanks again (and karma-of course  ;) ).

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/18/08 at 9:47 am

I have to start off with my bestest, bestest friend in the entire world:

DON CARLOS

First of all, I think most of you know that he is very intelligent and highly education. He has a PhD. in History and an ABD (All But Dissertation) in Sociology. But what makes me love him so much is his passion. I'm not just talking about in the bedroom (which goes without saying  ;) ) but his passion for life, for justice, for just about anything. He is not afraid of confrontation if he thinks that a fight is worthy. He is a very strong man-I'm not talking physically, I'm talking emotionally and internally where it really counts.

And on top of all this, he treats me like a Goddess. I can't tell you all the little things he does to make my life a joy. I feel privileged to be able to call him my husband-just about my everything. I can't imagine life without him and I don't want to.

Does that sound too bias?  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/18/08 at 11:25 am

I have to start off with my bestest, bestest friend in the entire world:

DON CARLOS

First of all, I think most of you know that he is very intelligent and highly education. He has a PhD. in History and an ABD (All But Dissertation) in Sociology. But what makes me love him so much is his passion. I'm not just talking about in the bedroom (which goes without saying  ;) ) but his passion for life, for justice, for just about anything. He is not afraid of confrontation if he thinks that a fight is worthy. He is a very strong man-I'm not talking physically, I'm talking emotionally and internally where it really counts.

And on top of all this, he treats me like a Goddess. I can't tell you all the little things he does to make my life a joy. I feel privileged to be able to call him my husband-just about my everything. I can't imagine life without him and I don't want to.

Does that sound too bias?  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

you are very fortunate Cat...to have found someone who you are so totally in love with, and treats you so very well. I admire relationships like that. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/18/08 at 2:32 pm

you are very fortunate Cat...to have found someone who you are so totally in love with, and treats you so very well. I admire relationships like that. :)

I know. Sometimes I am amazed at how lucky I got.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 06/19/08 at 12:49 am

Well duh.  My first person is Rice Cube. :D

When I think of my husband, the man that I love, I think of determination.  He was determined to be with me when his parents mightily objected.  He was determined to make a better life for his son, even though he was working crap jobs for awhile, despite his obvious intelligence.  He is now determined to succeed in graduate school, even though the hours and the pay sucks, but the work and the cause is rewarding.

Rice Cube is very much a family man, foregoing parties and such just to hang with the boy and I.  He never denies us what we want, even if it means he loses out on something he wanted.  He is always willing to help out when I need it, and he's a great listener with a ton of patience.  He rarely gets mad at anything, and if he does, it is a major blowup with quite a bit of fallout.  He loves the hell out of me, although I'm not sure why because I'm not the easiest person to get along with and I usually look like crap. ;D  He loves our son, and can totally act like a kid and get down to Jason's level to entertain him.

I am forever blessed that he decided to PM me that one day in November of 2002 (yes, I still remember!) to ask about my avatar.  That was the beginning of the happiness we now share. :)

Written By: thereshegoes on 06/19/08 at 10:13 am

^
So much love. Just beautiful :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/20/08 at 9:13 am

Thanks Cat. I love you too.

Check for new replies or respond here...