inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hats... Hats... latest cute thing Neal does...

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/17/08 at 9:33 pm

Neal has added another song to his favorites list recently.  Susan and I took a daytrip into Boston two weeks ago and we left Neal with her parents.  When we got back I cleaned up some Windows Vista annoyances on my mother-in-law's laptop and opened up youtube to keep Neal entertained.  Started with the usual videos TMBG "Istanbul Not Constantinople", "Rock Lobster", and some Weird Al stuff.  From Weird Al I noticed "Whip It" by Devo in there (I must have been playing "Dare To Be Stupid").  So I figured it was time to introduce Neal to Devo.  He totally loved it.  Now all I get for a response when I ask him if he wants to dance, is "Hats".  He loves the Power Domes (Energy Domes? I think they called it both), but he doesn't even want to see the other videos they had the hats in (just a couple).  It has to be "Whip It". 

Funny how he loves the quirky stuff like TMBG, B-52's and Devo.  You'd think at his age he's prefer the more melodic stuff.  I've tried Dianna Ross and Smokey Robinson, but no reaction.  He did seem to like the Monkees at first, going to try some more of their stuff I think.  He doesn't even seem to care for the music geared towards his age group, I've played him some various kids music stuff and it usually doesn't get the same reaction out of him. 

Now if only I could find Devo hats in kid sizes...

Subject: Re: Hats... Hats... latest cute thing Neal does...

Written By: Jessica on 06/17/08 at 10:00 pm

At least it's only Devo and not TISM's "Everyone Else Has Had More Sex Than Me". Yes, my child, I hope everyone else has had more sex than you. :P

Have you checked eBay for the hats? I googled it right now, but all I see is adult costumes and a "make it yourself" energy dome. I would have thought that they would have had child size ones since Disney did that stupid Devo 2.0 or whatever it was called. ::)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/17/08 at 10:01 pm

Try the garden center at Wal-Mart, I'm sure they sell small plastic planters.  ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/18/08 at 9:25 am

At least it's only Devo and not TISM's "Everyone Else Has Had More Sex Than Me". Yes, my child, I hope everyone else has had more sex than you. :P

Have you checked eBay for the hats? I googled it right now, but all I see is adult costumes and a "make it yourself" energy dome. I would have thought that they would have had child size ones since Disney did that stupid Devo 2.0 or whatever it was called. ::)

I was hoping the Dev2.0 thing would result in some kid sized energy domes, but so far no luck.

I'll have to play him one of the covers and see what he thinks...

Check for new replies or respond here...