inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Free Speech!!??

Written By: Shacks Train on 06/29/08 at 8:02 am

I was going through some online documenteries today & came across "shut up & sing"about the Dixie Chics.I'm not into country music but how was their stuff banned because of simpley saying
"we are ashamed of George Bush"
That comment was made during the build up to Iraq part 2
Has the USA become like the Nazi's were.Supressing any oppositions to the "Ideals"
It seems the USA is more a milatray power than one talks of a nation that holds freedom of speech & the rights of the individule these days .....Your next election you best choose wise ...
The money spent of wastes of war could be better spent into a health care system!
Sick Sad World

Subject: Re: Free Speech!!??

Written By: Dagwood on 06/29/08 at 8:10 am

It wasn't the government that banned them.  People that disagreed quit listening and some radio stations quit playing their music.  That is not censorship, people can stop listening for whatever reason they want and who you elect won't affect that.

Subject: Re: Free Speech!!??

Written By: adagio on 06/29/08 at 9:08 am

It wasn't the government that banned them.  People that disagreed quit listening and some radio stations quit playing their music.  That is not censorship, people can stop listening for whatever reason they want and who you elect won't affect that.

That is right.  :) Just what I wanted to say.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...