inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hollywoods forgotten ones

Written By: Shacks Train on 06/29/08 at 10:11 pm

http://www.clinthoward.com/

I came across this site & heres a guy of a famous brother that seems to have been left out of the limelight.
A child actor in Gentle Ben form the 60s.At least it was a better show than Flipper!
Flipper was best enjoyed in a white wine sauce.with a side order of fries! ;D ;D

heres a list of actors/actresses that i know fell off the map!

JJ Walker
Jan Micheal Vincent
Paul Rubens
Bobcat Goldthwait
Lou Ferrigno
Gary Coleman

Add a few of ones you know of that are alive carear dead!

Subject: Re: Hollywoods forgotten ones

Written By: whistledog on 06/30/08 at 12:35 am

Clint Howard also makes an appearance in nearly almost all of his brother Ron's films, whether it me a minor role or just a cameo appearance

Written By: whistledog on 06/30/08 at 12:36 am

Lou Ferrigno

Lou made a bit of a comeback playing himself in a recurring role as Doug and Carrie's next door neighbour on "The King of Queens"

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/30/08 at 12:42 am

Lou Ferrigno has a cameo appearance in a movie that is in the theatres right now  :) 

Written By: whistledog on 06/30/08 at 1:01 am

Lou Ferrigno has a cameo appearance in a movie that is in the theatres right now  :)  

He does yes.  Parts of that movie were shot in a nearby city from me, the place where I was born.  I am anxious to see the movie so I can see locations that I recognize lol

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/01/08 at 9:23 pm

He does yes.  Parts of that movie were shot in a nearby city from me, the place where I was born.  I am anxious to see the movie so I can see locations that I recognize lol
where? in British Columbia?  if so, the scene  saw was in the mountains. i won't say anymore  ::) 

Written By: Howard on 07/02/08 at 7:37 am

Todd Bridges.

Written By: ninny on 07/02/08 at 2:39 pm

Johnny Whitaker (Jody on Family Affair)..I'm kinda old so maybe nobody remembers him.
Dawn Lyn..younger sister of Leif Garrett..Dodie My Three Sons..
Don Grady...My Three Sons.he was Robby

Written By: Howard on 07/03/08 at 7:27 am

Conrad Bain.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/03/08 at 6:29 pm

Phoebe Cates

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/03/08 at 9:02 pm

Phoebe Cates

Phoebe Cates is married to Kevin Kline.  She retired from acting to be a stay home Mom.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/03/08 at 9:05 pm

Butch Patrick - who played Eddie Munster.  Wonder what he'd doing now?

Anyone know what Kristy McNichol is up too?

Written By: whistledog on 07/03/08 at 9:44 pm

I haven't seen her in anything since 'Empty Nest' went off the air :(

Written By: Howard on 07/04/08 at 4:43 pm

I haven't seen her in anything since 'Empty Nest' went off the air :(

Me neither.

Written By: Shacks Train on 07/06/08 at 10:43 pm

Butch Patrick - who played Eddie Munster.  Wonder what he'd doing now?

Butch is trying to help revive Billy Mumy's carrear
;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: gibbo on 07/07/08 at 6:02 am

Johnny Whitaker (Jody on Family Affair)..I'm kinda old so maybe nobody remembers him.

I remember Buffy, Jody and Sissy.......and Mr French!!!  ;)

Written By: ninny on 07/07/08 at 6:48 am

I remember Buffy, Jody and Sissy.......and Mr French!!!  ;)

AHH! the good old days..Uncle Bill....I think Johnny Whittaker (Jody) and Brandon Cruz (Eddie Corbet-The Courtship of Eddie's Father) were my first crushes :)

Written By: Howard on 07/07/08 at 6:52 am

Pat Harrington

Written By: gibbo on 07/07/08 at 7:05 am

AHH! the good old days..Uncle Bill....I think Johnny Whittaker (Jody) and Brandon Cruz (Eddie Corbet-The Courtship of Eddie's Father) were my first crushes :)

Interesting....The Courtship of Eddie's Father came into my mind as well... :)

Written By: Howard on 07/07/08 at 7:06 am

Interesting....The Courtship of Eddie's Father came into my mind as well... :)

Are they still around?

Written By: gibbo on 07/07/08 at 7:09 am

Are they still around?

I remember the movie as well. It starred Glen Ford, Shirley Jones (always liked her) and a young Ron Howard as Eddie.... :)

Written By: Howard on 07/07/08 at 7:10 am

I remember the movie as well. It starred Glen Ford, Shirley Jones (always liked her) and a young Ron Howard as Eddie.... :)

Have they made a reunion yet?

Written By: gibbo on 07/07/08 at 7:22 am

Have they made a reunion yet?

No...don't think they will. Bill Bixby starred in the series........then he did My Favourite Martian. Later, he did The Incredible Hulk....

Written By: Howard on 07/07/08 at 9:21 pm

Valerie Bertenelli.

Written By: ninny on 07/07/08 at 11:11 pm

Valerie Bertenelli.

The whole cast of One Day At A Time.

Written By: Howard on 07/08/08 at 7:20 am

The whole cast of One Day At A Time.

Yeah,Whatever became of them?

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/08/08 at 8:00 am

Yeah,Whatever became of them?

WEll
Valerie Bertenelli married and divorced Eddie Van Halen and became a spokesperson for Jennie Craig
Mackenzie Phillips made a couple of appearances  on NYPD Blue in the 90ss
Bonnie Franklin showed up in Touched by an angel.
Pat Harrington is on Curb your enthusiasm HBO

Written By: Howard on 07/08/08 at 7:10 pm

WEll
Valerie Bertenelli married and divorced Eddie Van Halen and became a spokesperson for Jennie Craig
Mackenzie Phillips made a couple of appearances  on NYPD Blue in the 90ss
Bonnie Franklin showed up in Touched by an angel.
Pat Harrington is on Curb your enthusiasm HBO

And Glen Scarpelli is gay.
Michael Lembeck is a Tv and film director.

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/08/08 at 8:22 pm

How about the cast of Welcome back Kotter?
Except of course John Travolta

Written By: whistledog on 07/08/08 at 8:29 pm

How about the cast of Welcome back Kotter?
Except of course John Travolta

Gabe Kaplan is a big shot in the world series of poker.  Though he's never won any bracelets, you can sometimes see him on NBC's "Poker After Dark" (which comes on in the early morning following "Last Call with Carson Daly").  He is reportedly soon to be involved in the production of the "Welcome Back Kotter" movie, giving the thumbs up for Ice Cube in the title role

Marcia Strassman went onto a moderately successful career with many roles in film and TV, the most memorable as Rick Moranis' wife in "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" and "Honey I Blew Up the Kid"

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/08/08 at 8:35 pm

i knoe Debra Lee Scott died from natural causes few years ago
Last time I saw Horshak was on One Life to live years ago

Written By: Howard on 07/09/08 at 8:14 am

The cast of Three's Company.

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/09/08 at 8:28 am

The cast of Three's Company.

John Ritter Dead :\'(
Joyce Dewitt  The Nick at Nite Holiday Special (2003)
Richard Kline  I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry (2007)
Suzanne Somers Does Vegas and sells thigh masters
Noman Fell  Dead cancer 1998
Don Knotts Dead COPD 2003
Audra Lindley dead leukemia  1997

Written By: tv on 07/09/08 at 8:50 am

Hollywood forgotten ones:

Alot of the cast of the 90's sitcom "Step By Step"

Staci Kennan(played Dana on the sitcom.)
Angela Watson(played Karen)
Christine Lakin(played Al.)
Sasha Mitchelll(played Cody)
Jason Marsden(played Rich)
Brandon Call(played J.T.)

Of course Suzzane Somers like mentioned before is doing informercials and Patrick Duffy has done like "Lifetime" type of movies I think recently.

Micheal DeLerenzo of "Fame", New York Undercover, and "Ressurection Blvd" fame what has he been up to the past few years?

Written By: ninny on 07/09/08 at 10:34 am

Staci Keanan -She has appeared in a number of films, including Stolen Poem (2004), Nowhere (1997) (as Stacy Keenan), and Ski Hard (1995). She co-starred in Hidden Secrets as Rachel Wilson in 2006. Keanan will appear in Holyman Undercover in 2008
Angela Watson -
In 2000 Watson started Child Actors Supporting Themselves (CAST), an organization to help child actors and athletes handle their finances. She was motivated to do this after discovering that her parents spent all of her earnings from her years on Step by Step
Christine Lakin -she continued to appear in television movies, such as Showtime's Reefer Madness and 2003's Who's Your Daddy?.

In 2006 she was a regular cast member in MTV's Wild 'n Out, an improv comedy show similar in structure to Whose Line Is It Anyway? She also appeared in commercial called "But He Has Bud Light" that aired during Super Bowl XLI, in which her male companion wants to pick up a hitchhiker who has Bud Light beer in one hand and an axe in the other.

In 2008 she starred alongside Paris Hilton in the movie The Hottie and the Nottie, which met dismal reviews in the US. As of 2008, she also has several new films in either production or post-production
Sasha Mitchell -made guest appearances on shows like JAG, NYPD Blue, & ER.
Jason Marsden-In recent years he is probably best known for his voice over work on the various DC Warner Bros animated series such as Superman: The Animated Series. Justice League, Static Shock, Teen Titans, Batman Beyond, Loonatics Unleashed, and The Batman.

From late Summer 2004 to early Spring 2007, Marsden was the head announcer for Toon Disney (excluding Jetix), but he also serves as a part-time announcer for Disney Channel. He was recently seen in the film Fun with Dick and Jane as the cashier at the gas station, and is cast as Tasslehoff Burrfoot in the movie Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight.
Brandon Call - hasn't acted since 1998
Christopher Castile who played Mark Foster has not acted since the show was cancelled
Josh Byrne- who played Brendan Lambert-has done no more acting

Written By: Howard on 07/09/08 at 12:49 pm

The cast of Cosby Show.

Written By: Marian on 07/09/08 at 2:38 pm

No...don't think they will. Bill Bixby starred in the series........then he did My Favourite Martian. Later, he did The Incredible Hulk....
he's deadnow.

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/09/08 at 7:54 pm

I loved Bill Bixby :\'(
Speaking of forgotten whatever happened to Robby Benson?

Written By: ninny on 07/09/08 at 10:34 pm

^- I heard he had heart surgery,but is doing well  :)

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/09/08 at 10:39 pm

Remember how incredibly blue his eyes were? I remember him in that movie with Paul Newmn, and he was so cute.

Written By: whistledog on 07/09/08 at 11:04 pm

Speaking of forgotten whatever happened to Robby Benson?

He directed many episode of "Friends" and apparently still works as a director

Here's a forgotten one:  Ted Wass, who played Danny Dallas on "Soap" and as Nick Russo on "Blossom".  He too is a hot shot director, directing many episodes of current sitcoms such as "Two and a Half Men"

Written By: ninny on 07/10/08 at 12:18 am

Remember how incredibly blue his eyes were? I remember him in that movie with Paul Newmn, and he was so cute.

Oh yes.I remember him from Ice Castles,and I'm not sure why but I'll always remember his performance in Death Be Not Proud :\'(

Written By: Howard on 07/10/08 at 7:30 am

The cast of Who's The Boss?

Written By: gibbo on 07/10/08 at 7:32 am

Oh yes.I remember him from Ice Castles,and I'm not sure why but I'll always remember his performance in Death Be Not Proud :\'(

I remember that movie...I was 18 and thought Lynn-Holly Johnson was really cute....couldn't act..but who cared!  ::)

Written By: Howard on 07/10/08 at 7:36 am

The cast of All In The Family?

Written By: ninny on 07/10/08 at 8:37 am

The cast of All In The Family?

Carroll O'Connor-Died 2001 :\'(
Jean Stapelton was in You Got Mail and did some Theatre work
Sally Struthers-was on Still Standing  ..Since 2000, Struthers has regularly appeared on the dramedy Gilmore Girls as the girls' neighbor, Babette Dell  Struthers has also provided voices for a number of animated series such as The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show (as a teenage Pebbles Flintstone), TaleSpin (as Rebecca Cunningham) and Dinosaurs (as Charlene Sinclair)
Rob Reiner-Has become a famous director,directing such movies as Stand By Me..The Princess Bride..A Few Good Men..Bucket List.to name a few
Danielle Brisebois-Quit acting in the 1990's and became a singer/songwriter.she has written and produced numerous songs for various other artists, including Carly Smithson, Clay Aiken, Kelly Clarkson, Kylie Minogue and Natasha Bedingfield, most notably Bedingfield's top 10 hit "Unwritten", and most recently she co wrote Donna Summer's comeback hit Stamp Your Feet

Written By: tv on 07/10/08 at 9:08 am

Staci Keanan -She has appeared in a number of films, including Stolen Poem (2004), Nowhere (1997) (as Stacy Keenan), and Ski Hard (1995). She co-starred in Hidden Secrets as Rachel Wilson in 2006. Keanan will appear in Holyman Undercover in 2008
Angela Watson -
In 2000 Watson started Child Actors Supporting Themselves (CAST), an organization to help child actors and athletes handle their finances. She was motivated to do this after discovering that her parents spent all of her earnings from her years on Step by StepChristine Lakin -she continued to appear in television movies, such as Showtime's Reefer Madness and 2003's Who's Your Daddy?.

In 2006 she was a regular cast member in MTV's Wild 'n Out, an improv comedy show similar in structure to Whose Line Is It Anyway? She also appeared in commercial called "But He Has Bud Light" that aired during Super Bowl XLI, in which her male companion wants to pick up a hitchhiker who has Bud Light beer in one hand and an axe in the other.

In 2008 she starred alongside Paris Hilton in the movie The Hottie and the Nottie, which met dismal reviews in the US. As of 2008, she also has several new films in either production or post-production
Sasha Mitchell -made guest appearances on shows like JAG, NYPD Blue, & ER.
Jason Marsden-In recent years he is probably best known for his voice over work on the various DC Warner Bros animated series such as Superman: The Animated Series. Justice League, Static Shock, Teen Titans, Batman Beyond, Loonatics Unleashed, and The Batman.

From late Summer 2004 to early Spring 2007, Marsden was the head announcer for Toon Disney (excluding Jetix), but he also serves as a part-time announcer for Disney Channel. He was recently seen in the film Fun with Dick and Jane as the cashier at the gas station, and is cast as Tasslehoff Burrfoot in the movie Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight.
Brandon Call - hasn't acted since 1998
Christopher Castile who played Mark Foster has not acted since the show was cancelled
Josh Byrne- who played Brendan Lambert-has done no more acting
Wow Angela Watson she turned into the complete opposite than the character she played on "Step By Step".
Nice to see Christine Lakin and Jason Marsden still around the televsion industry.

Written By: Howard on 07/10/08 at 10:22 pm

Cast Of Alice.

Check for new replies or respond here...