inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Locked Up Abroad- scary!

Written By: KKay on 07/07/08 at 8:23 am

"Locked Up Abroad" is about innocent people that end up paying the price after being coerced into smuggling or other acts they normally would not attempt.
it's scary.
Will you watch?  or, Will you travel?  know anyone this has happened to?
http://www.tv.com/locked-up-abroad/show/75871/episode.html

I once was traveling alone from Japan to Australia and i had a 9 hour layover in Singapore...it was a really really cheap ticket.  That layover cost me two hours of questioning in Cairns.  I convinced them it was realy a case of the cheap ticket.  I had a direct return flight and i had all kinds of touisty stuff booked. Whew.  Scary.

Subject: Re: Locked Up Abroad- scary!

Written By: snozberries on 07/08/08 at 12:53 am

"Locked Up Abroad" is about innocent people that end up paying the price after being coerced into smuggling or other acts they normally would not attempt.
it's scary.

I once was traveling alone from Japan to Australia and i had a 9 hour layover in Singapore...it was a really really cheap ticket.  That layover cost me two hours of questioning in Cairns.  I convinced them it was realy a case of the cheap ticket.  I had a direct return flight and i had all kinds of touisty stuff booked. Whew.  Scary.

I remember being completely disturbed by Midnight Express....that's probably why I don't like to travel.

Written By: Davester on 07/08/08 at 1:17 am

it's scary.

Aw gosh, Belle, a lay-over in Singapore from Japan to Australia?  That stinks.  Is there no justice?  You have my sympathies...

I kid... :P

As I was reminded of, repeatedly, the Constitution doesn't follow you around while travelling abroad.  You're at the mercy of the visited country's laws...

I remember being completely disturbed by Midnight Express....that's probably why I don't like to travel.

Ditto about Midnight Express except the not travelling part...

Written By: KKay on 07/08/08 at 6:58 am

Guys, the stuff that happens to people in this tv show is sooooo frightening.
there is a synopsis of each episode on the site.

Written By: gibbo on 07/08/08 at 7:31 am

it's scary.

We Aussies know a pot smoker when we see one....... ;)

Written By: ninny on 07/08/08 at 8:06 am

We Aussies know a pot smoker when we see one....... ;)

Or smell one ;D

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 07/08/08 at 2:43 pm

When I went to Istanbul, Turkey, in March, it seemed everyone I told where I was going brought up that movie Midnight Express!!!  :o

I've seen a few episodes of Locked-Up Abroad, and there is no way I'm going to commit a crime while traveling abroad!!!

Written By: KKay on 07/08/08 at 7:21 pm

I was in Malaysia and the place is spotless...beautiful; and we were terrified to drop a piece of paper...litttering could get you in real trouble!

Written By: snozberries on 07/09/08 at 2:56 am

Guys, the stuff that happens to people in this tv show is sooooo frightening.
there is a synopsis of each episode on the site.

do you know when it'll be on again?

Written By: Gis on 07/09/08 at 3:58 am

My sister has had the full works, questioning, strip search etc. Thankfully as she had nothing bad with her they had to let her go. Her husband was working in Belgium at the time and she used to travel to visit him each weekend so the airport guys got suspicious. The really lucky thing was he was getting paid in cash and she used to bring it back with her each week but didn't have the money that time. 

Written By: KKay on 07/09/08 at 8:15 am

My sister has had the full works, questioning, strip search etc. Thankfully as she had nothing bad with her they had to let her go. Her husband was working in Belgium at the time and she used to travel to visit him each weekend so the airport guys got suspicious. The really lucky thing was he was getting paid in cash and she used to bring it back with her each week but didn't have the money that time. 

the only time i've been through that whole awful expereince was coming out of (dramatic music) CANADA!  to be fair, some idiot I traveled with was holding weed.  grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr >:(

Check for new replies or respond here...