inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: So happy my addition has finally begun

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/10/08 at 11:31 am

Kitchen Addition

Finally begun the addition to our house yesterday.  The crew came out and dug the foundation.  It's been about two years since we first started talking about it and began researching it, getting it planned, etc.  Little steps up until now, like getting the plans signed off on, appeal the health board, ripping off the old back porch, etc.  With an actual hole in the ground though, it feels like it's starting to move now. 

It's a small addition to a small house, and we're doing it in a down market for real estate, so financially speaking it's probably not the best return on my money.  It is however a big improvement to the kitchen which is frankly subpar in every sense of the word.

Subject: Re: So happy my addition has finally begun

Written By: Dagwood on 07/10/08 at 11:34 am

It's a small addition to a small house, and we're doing it in a down market for real estate, so financially speaking it's probably not the best return on my money.  It is however a big improvement to the kitchen which is frankly subpar in every sense of the word.

But it is good if you aren't planning on selling soon.  The market will change again and it will be better for the value.

May it go quick and problem free. 

Written By: KKay on 07/10/08 at 1:04 pm

sounds great...we're actually going to pave our un-yard and our -un driveway.

it's not the best way to spend now, but we will benefit from it later.

a bigger kitchen!  sounds dreamy. :)

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/10/08 at 1:15 pm

Remodeling your kitchen is probably the best investment to make in a home.  Good luck.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...