inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Whip it... whip it good

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/26/08 at 7:56 pm

Today was Neal's birthday party.  Leaving the terrible twos for the terror of the threes.

I bought a special hat for the occasion and made a special t-shirt in his size using iron-on transfers.  I'll post a reaction shot later when he saw his dad in the hat.

Subject: Re: Whip it... whip it good

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/26/08 at 8:23 pm

Yay!  I love it!  I hope his birthday was awesome.  A note of caution however, I found three to be much worse than two!  I wish you luck, my friend.  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 07/26/08 at 9:43 pm

Oh my god, Chucky, that is great. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/26/08 at 11:48 pm

that's so freaking great! :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/26/08 at 11:54 pm

Today was Neal's birthday party.  Leaving the terrible twos for the terror of the threes.

I bought a special hat for the occasion and made a special t-shirt in his size using iron-on transfers.  I'll post a reaction shot later when he saw his dad in the hat.

;D  lol      http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bDpX_4tICGwB0P6jzbkF/SIG=12fophcbp/EXP=1217220823/**http%3A//www.studiomoustache.com/blog/images/content/devo.jpg

good one Chucky, I bet your son and everyone else cracked up when they saw you.

Written By: Howard on 07/27/08 at 5:38 am

You look like you're one half of Devo. ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/27/08 at 12:44 pm

Happy Birthday to Neal. I'm sure it won't be too much longer for him to become a board member (even though he is already an honorary one.) Since I can't karma the birthday boy, I will karma his dad instead.

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 07/27/08 at 3:20 pm

Heh heh

Happy birthday, Neal! *raises a mug*

8)

Written By: snozberries on 07/27/08 at 6:11 pm

Heh heh

Happy birthday, Neal! *raises a mug*

8)

Of milk right?

Hey Chucky congrats on surviving the twos here's hoping the threes go well too.... don't worry soon he'll be six and you'll get to watch much better shows!

Written By: Bobby on 07/27/08 at 6:12 pm

Of milk right?

I was drinking a cup of tea at the time, lol.

Hey Chucky congrats on surviving the twos here's hoping the threes go well too.... don't worry soon he'll be six and you'll get to watch much better shows!

A step up from Teletubbies anyway . . .  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/27/08 at 6:15 pm

I was drinking a cup of tea at the time, lol.

A step up from Teletubbies anyway . . .  ;D

Teletubbies I can handle. Its Dora the Explorer, the Backyardigans and whatever that crap was I woke up to today... I Spy?  ugh

It's all about Rugrats baby!

Written By: Bobby on 07/27/08 at 6:18 pm

Teletubbies I can handle. Its Dora the Explorer, the Backyardigans and whatever that crap was I woke up to today... I Spy?  ugh

Dora the Explorer is becoming quite a big thing with little 'uns. I think my little niece watches that from time to time.

It's all about Rugrats baby!

I liked Rugrats when I was younger. They do a series of them all grown up now - talk about removing the magic.  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 07/27/08 at 6:25 pm

Dora the Explorer is becoming quite a big thing with little 'uns. I think my little niece watches that from time to time.

I liked Rugrats when I was younger. They do a series of them all grown up now - talk about removing the magic.  :-\\

yeah all grown up is not nearly as entertaining.  sadly I watch these shows for fun. I love Spongebob and Adventures of Jimmy Neutron and Fairly Oddparents. I don't have any kids

Written By: Bobby on 07/27/08 at 6:28 pm

yeah all grown up is not nearly as entertaining.  sadly I watch these shows for fun. I love Spongebob and Adventures of Jimmy Neutron and Fairly Oddparents. I don't have any kids

Fairly Oddparents and The Grim Adventures of Bill and Mandy are well cool (too good for kids  ;)). I like Spongebob too. I watched Jimmy Neutron and it was alright.

I don't have kids either . . . So it means I can watch this stuff in peace.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/27/08 at 6:40 pm

I don't have kids either . . . So it means I can watch this stuff in peace.  :)

;D

I've never heard of that bill and mandy show you mentioned. it must be british. how egotistical of americans...(me).... to think our shows are the only ones that matter....even if its true  ;) 

Written By: Bobby on 07/27/08 at 6:51 pm

;D

I've never heard of that bill and mandy show you mentioned. it must be british. how egotistical of americans...(me).... to think our shows are the only ones that matter....even if its true  ;) 

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy is American, lol. It's about two children who have the grim reaper as their sidekick - really funny stuff.

The Americans seem to know how to make great cartoons.  8)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/27/08 at 8:07 pm

Happy birthday to Neil.  Only the coolest of Fathers would do Devo for their kids birthday.  Teach em while they're young. :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/28/08 at 9:47 am

Neal's currently into Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain in addition to Curious George, Thomas the Tank Engine, and Bob the Builder.

Barney, Teletubbies, and other lesser shows aren't even permitted.

The Cars and Monsters Inc movies, most of the Pixar stuff in general he loves.  He also likes Spirited Away and The Cat Returns.

I tried the Looney Tunes with him this weekend, but no dice. 

I haven't got a picture of him in his Devo shirt with the hat on... probably do that tonight or tomorrow. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/18/08 at 7:21 pm

I haven't got a picture of him in his Devo shirt with the hat on... probably do that tonight or tomorrow. 

well it took longer than I expected, but he's been wearing his shirt now of the past two days (and loves the pocket, I don't think he's ever had one before)

so here's some pictures.  I don't have any from behind, but the image on the back is the Freedom of Choice album cover.

Written By: Midas on 08/18/08 at 10:13 pm

Great pics, Chucky.  Sounds like Neal had an awesome birthday. :)

Written By: NbC on 08/19/08 at 5:01 am

He is looking sharp!

Happy Belated Birthday Neal!

Written By: Howard on 08/19/08 at 6:16 am

well it took longer than I expected, but he's been wearing his shirt now of the past two days (and loves the pocket, I don't think he's ever had one before)

so here's some pictures.  I don't have any from behind, but the image on the back is the Freedom of Choice album cover.

Very Nice pics Chucky. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...