inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: One more day of hell for me and then freedom!

Written By: KKay on 07/30/08 at 12:34 pm

so do you recall how the entire full-time staff at my office quit?  The theiving, conniving trio will be leaving tomorrow.
I can't wait for the big manager to come in and de-brief.  I already know there will be an investigation.

Sooo happy!!!  Be happy for me!!!

Also tell me some stories of co-workers from hell.

Subject: Re: One more day of hell for me and then freedom!

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/30/08 at 1:23 pm

Yay, you!!  Co-workers can suck!  What kind of work do you do?  My husband is currently looking...

As for co-workers from hell:  I once worked with a woman (the bookkeeper) who was embezzling funds by paying herself on the payroll of a subsidiary company!  Talk about a paper trail!  She got caught at the beginning of the year when she was issued 2 W-2's.  Talk about a stupid criminal.  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/30/08 at 2:24 pm

Congrats on getting rid of the co-workers.

I work for an organization that's lobbying for a single payer universal health care bill in the PA Senate and House.  We decided for a bit of cute publicity we would give members of the Legislature a cupcake and so info to celebrate Medicare's 43 birthday.  This co-worker of mine was babbling like she was a 5 year old.  She was getting on my nerves so bad I really wanted to tell her to act her age.  She made us all look like idiots.  The good thing about it was that my boss was introducing me to people and not her.

Written By: snozberries on 07/30/08 at 4:52 pm

YAY for you...I wish mine (co-workers) would (up & quit) too.

About 3 years ago our lead moved to another agency...they decided not to fill her position. I started doing some of the stuff she did because it needed to get done and no one else would do it.  A year later they decided to open the position and asked everyone to submit a letter of interest outlining what you think the position entails, why you are right for it and what you would do once you if you got it.  I submitted a detailed letter laying out my projects and plans.

There were three people interested in the position. I had been there 7 years, one had been there 5 years and the other 3 years.  there are two other people who'd been  there 15 and 20 years who were too smart to put in for it.  Anyway I got it.... yay me.... but Miss 3 years was upset because there wasn't an interview....

I can see her point but I figure the person making the selection has worked closely with all of us and knows our strengths and weakness. While little miss 3 years is busy beating her drum pointing out what's wrong she rarely took initiative to help fix things she just liked to complain.  And complain she did especially on this issue.  She got Mr 15 years and Mr 5 years behind her and they filed a grievance with the union... and had the nerve to ask me to come with them because "it wasn't about me but the principle"  ::)

Anyway-  (it was the same time my father had a heart attack - not this last one but the time before that about 2 years ago...)  My dad had the attack on Thurs night, I went to work Friday morning and  found out about my promotion then went to AZ.... while in AZ I got an email on Tues that the promotion had been revoked because of the grievance.  That was May.

Finally in Sept. they decide to hold interviews. My boss is not allowed in because she showed me favortism. I get a panel of a Police Captain, Police LT. and a dispatcher supervisor from another agency.  Finally I officially get offered the position in March....almost a full year later. 

As you can tell I'm still pissed about it..... oh and little miss 3 years...who's now little miss 5 years fights me every step of the way  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 07/30/08 at 4:56 pm

Oh yeah and Mr. 15 years....was so upset that I got the position over his crush, they aren't dating he's just infatuated with her and she uses it to her advantage to get him to side with her.. anyway he was so upset he up and retired.

Mr. 5 years now 7 years actually apologized and said I was doing a good job...so he's okay with me.

Written By: Bobby on 07/30/08 at 5:22 pm

I'm sorry to hear you have had to deal with bad co-workers, Belle Du Jour, but it's cool they are going away and leaving you alone.

My co-workers are a mixed bag. Some nice, some tolerable and some I have major problems with. However, there is only one I don't talk to for personal reasons - it's been almost a year and a half now, lol.

Written By: La Roche on 07/30/08 at 5:40 pm

Ah, good thing you're shot of them.

You've done my job, just imagine the people you had to deal with, they still exist.. probably some of the same ones!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/30/08 at 5:53 pm

Yay, you!!  Co-workers can suck!  What kind of work do you do?  My husband is currently looking...

As for co-workers from hell:  I once worked with a woman (the bookkeeper) who was embezzling funds by paying herself on the payroll of a subsidiary company!  Talk about a paper trail!  She got caught at the beginning of the year when she was issued 2 W-2's.  Talk about a stupid criminal.  ;D

lol that was pretty stupid. 

Congrats on getting rid of the co-workers.

I work for an organization that's lobbying for a single payer universal health care bill in the PA Senate and House.  We decided for a bit of cute publicity we would give members of the Legislature a cupcake and so info to celebrate Medicare's 43 birthday.  This co-worker of mine was babbling like she was a 5 year old.  She was getting on my nerves so bad I really wanted to tell her to act her age.  She made us all look like idiots.  The good thing about it was that my boss was introducing me to people and not her.

what a dolt

Written By: Howard on 07/30/08 at 7:17 pm

so do you recall how the entire full-time staff at my office quit?  The theiving, conniving trio will be leaving tomorrow.
I can't wait for the big manager to come in and de-brief.  I already know there will be an investigation.

Sooo happy!!!  Be happy for me!!!

Also tell me some stories of co-workers from hell.

Congratulations on your freedom,Do you feel better now?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/30/08 at 8:06 pm

I'm so happy for you... getting rid of the disease and now things will start looking up. I suggest you have a party tomorrow, bring in all kinds of food and liven things up a bit. bring a boom box to play music and make the day more festive.

Written By: snozberries on 07/30/08 at 8:08 pm

I'm so happy for you... getting rid of the disease and now things will start looking up. I suggest you have a party tomorrow, bring in all kinds of food and liven things up a bit. bring a boom box to play music and make the day more festive.

better yet blast "Nah Nah Nah Nah, Nah Nah Nah Nah Gooodd-bye!" as they walk out the door.  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/30/08 at 8:09 pm

better yet blast "Nah Nah Nah Nah, Nah Nah Nah Nah Gooodd-bye!" as they walk out the door.  ;D

heck yeah, and everyone sing it. that's perfect  ;D 

Written By: KKay on 07/30/08 at 8:14 pm

Let's all cheer...revel with me:

the cranky chick that was there was getting all glassy eyed- i'm sure she was dying to leave, then we find "no one said anything, no one made a big deal".  YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Look up Schadenfreude.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/30/08 at 8:31 pm

Let's all cheer...revel with me:

the cranky chick that was there was getting all glassy eyed- i'm sure she was dying to leave, then we find "no one said anything, no one made a big deal".  YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Look up Schadenfreude.
what'd she think, you guys were gonna throw her a going away party  ??? 

Written By: KKay on 07/30/08 at 8:33 pm

what'd she think, you guys were gonna throw her a going away party  ??? 

totally, i'm sure.

tomorrow big shots from corporate are coming to be sure we get the keys, do some de-briefing.
i'm so happy about it. i don't care if my work triples.
Before:  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/help.gif After:http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/hello2.gif

Written By: Gis on 07/31/08 at 1:15 am

Now if I could only get rid of my boss............................

Written By: Howard on 07/31/08 at 7:10 am

Now if I could only get rid of my boss............................

Why what's wrong with the boss? ???

Written By: Gis on 07/31/08 at 10:27 am

Why what's wrong with the boss? ???
How long have you got?

Written By: Howard on 07/31/08 at 11:25 am

How long have you got?

I got all day Gis,tell me about it. :)

Written By: KKay on 07/31/08 at 10:26 pm

well, it's over!!!!

I'm Free!!!!!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/127/416970215_ee27c93e9b.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/31/08 at 10:48 pm

most of my co-workers are two faced jerks. >:(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/31/08 at 11:15 pm

well, it's over!!!!

I'm Free!!!!!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/127/416970215_ee27c93e9b.jpg

Freedom rocks!  so now will there be a interview & hiring to replace the boneheads that left?

Written By: KKay on 08/01/08 at 5:29 am

Freedom rocks!  so now will there be a interview & hiring to replace the boneheads that left?

done and done.  a hard week ahead with them away at training, but ....all is cool.  i have to do two jobs, but it's been done before.
:-)

Written By: Howard on 08/01/08 at 6:41 am

done and done.  a hard week ahead with them away at training, but ....all is cool.  i have to do two jobs, but it's been done before.

What two jobs are you doing? ???

Written By: snozberries on 08/01/08 at 10:00 pm

What two jobs are you doing? ???

her own job and the job of one of the b*yatch who's finally gone....but she's glad to do it.  Small price to pay right? 

Written By: Howard on 08/02/08 at 5:35 am

her own job and the job of one of the b*yatch who's finally gone....but she's glad to do it.  Small price to pay right? 

Isn't that too much for her?  ???

Written By: danootaandme on 08/02/08 at 6:01 am

Are you getting compensated for doing two jobs?

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/08 at 10:07 am

Isn't that too much for her?  ???

from her earlier posts I gather she'd rather take on extra work than deal with her former (YAY) co-worker(s) anymore.

Written By: Howard on 08/02/08 at 5:06 pm

from her earlier posts I gather she'd rather take on extra work than deal with her former (YAY) co-worker(s) anymore.

extra work means more money.

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/08 at 6:03 pm

extra work means more money.

Only in your dreams. It should be that way but usually people get paid for a day's work not how much they accomplish during that day.  You don't get paid by cart do you? 

Do more work it goes unnoticed. Do less work though and you could get fired (unless you work at my place of business where apparently no one cares how much work you do....unless someone dies on shift then it's over.)

Written By: Bobby on 08/02/08 at 6:08 pm

Only in your dreams. It should be that way but usually people get paid for a day's work not how much they accomplish during that day.  You don't get paid by cart do you?   

Yep, it's the same in my job. I do get a bonus based on work performance but it doesn't affect my work output (or motivation) as such.

Written By: ladybug316 on 08/02/08 at 7:07 pm

Do more work it goes unnoticed.

I have a saying:  Yesterday's favor is tomorrow's responsibility.  That's how it is at my job.  Your reward for a job well done is more work!

Written By: snozberries on 08/02/08 at 7:42 pm

I have a saying:  Yesterday's favor is tomorrow's responsibility.  That's how it is at my job.  Your reward for a job well done is more work!

you're not kidding

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/02/08 at 11:01 pm

I don't know if you know about that website called "Post secret"?  I was reading it tonight and came across this postcard and wondered...

http://bp2.blogger.com/_a7jkcMVp5Vg/SJUOi6UEXTI/AAAAAAAAFnE/KYHqj3nTJPM/s400/screwed.jpg

Written By: Howard on 08/03/08 at 5:50 am

No,not by cart but by the hour.I can sit there all day and let the carts just sit there while the customers can take their own carts but I have to do my work.

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/08 at 11:36 am

No,not by cart but by the hour.I can sit there all day and let the carts just sit there while the customers can take their own carts but I have to do my work.

but you'd get paid the same whether you collected 20 carts in one hour or 120 carts an hour

Written By: Bobby on 08/03/08 at 12:19 pm

Very true indeed.

k.

Written By: Jessica on 08/03/08 at 3:14 pm

I don't know if you know about that website called "Post secret"?  I was reading it tonight and came across this postcard and wondered...

http://bp2.blogger.com/_a7jkcMVp5Vg/SJUOi6UEXTI/AAAAAAAAFnE/KYHqj3nTJPM/s400/screwed.jpg

I came on here to post that!  Great minds think alike! ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/03/08 at 5:06 pm

but you'd get paid the same whether you collected 20 carts in one hour or 120 carts an hour

Yes that is true Snoz.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/03/08 at 5:10 pm

It is a job, not piecework.  He shouldn't have to depend on the number of shoppers in a given day, it is right he is paid by the hour for the time he puts in.

Written By: Howard on 08/03/08 at 5:12 pm

It is a job, not piecework.  He shouldn't have to depend on the number of shoppers in a given day, it is right he is paid by the hour for the time he puts in.

For me it's between $8-9 dollars an hour.

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/08 at 5:19 pm

actually this is an extension of a conversation we were having about Belle having to do more work now that her horrible coworkers are gone but not getting paid more for the increased work load.

I was just using the carts analogy for perspective. 

Written By: Howard on 08/03/08 at 5:30 pm

How's your freedom coming along?

Written By: danootaandme on 08/03/08 at 7:36 pm

actually this is an extension of a conversation we were having about Belle having to do more work now that her horrible coworkers are gone but not getting paid more for the increased work load.

I was just using the carts analogy for perspective. 

Oh.  Well, my opinion is that if they are asking her to do more work and not paying her more for it, then maybe her horrible coworkers have a good point.  In an office job usually people have a job description, if hers says that she is expected to do her job and everyone else', that is well and good. If she is expected to do her job description and everyone else' well that isn't so good.

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/08 at 8:36 pm

Oh.  Well, my opinion is that if they are asking her to do more work and not paying her more for it, then maybe her horrible coworkers have a good point.  In an office job usually people have a job description, if hers says that she is expected to do her job and everyone else', that is well and good. If she is expected to do her job description and everyone else' well that isn't so good.

I don't know about her office but mine doesn't work that way. I think you just to hope people notice and eventually throw you a bone.  It took 2 1/2 years but I finally got a promotion and nice raise for all of my efforts to help pick up the slack when we lost a co-worker.

Other little perks I got for working my tush off.... I was never denied a time off request.

Written By: ladybug316 on 08/03/08 at 11:26 pm

You might also factor in that she is not doing both jobs for an extended amount of time.  If they are training new people to fill those positions as she says, 2 weeks is a reasonable amount of time to pitch in.  Now, if they turned around and said "Hell, Karen's got it covered" and were squeezing blood out of stone, it would be time to go!

Check for new replies or respond here...