inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: From the time You first got online -What can you do with a computer?

Written By: Shacks Train on 08/19/08 at 11:10 pm

Apart from downloading songs to the tune of 9,200 MP3s , I've been able to take short segments out of movies & make stills of them or short clips...Make Mp3s & set bitrate.
Now the question I have is how to minaturize the clip to make an avatar????
I've seen some good ones & I like Chucky G's
A While back a fella had that scene from 5th element where the gunman trys to rob Bruce Willis in his apt!
The hat with the picture of the hallway & He'd lift his head & expose the gun & the caption read "give me the caasssshhhhh! ;D
I've never used photoshop so I'm not sure if thats the one to use!?
Anyone..........

Subject: Re: From the time You first got online -What can you do with a computer?

Written By: whistledog on 08/19/08 at 11:14 pm

Avatars at inthe00s can be a maximum pixel size of 110 x 110.  If you uploaded an animated photo larger than that, it wouldn't animate.  You'd need a program that can re-size GIF images.  You can get shareware and freeware programs that can do that, which are easy to find through google searches

Subject: Re: From the time You first got online -What can you do with a computer?

Written By: Shacks Train on 08/20/08 at 12:02 am

Great I'll search out one & mess around with it! :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/21/08 at 8:08 pm

Not sure if I understand the question, but I first went online at my dad's office in the Summer of '96 and was practically blown away. That was the first time in my life up till that point where I'd experienced something totally new (although assuming memory starts around 4, that was still only ten years lol). I looked up some geography stuff and business listings (I was really into that stuff then) and did music searches.

Written By: NbC on 08/22/08 at 4:47 am

Bought the first computer in 2000.  Hadn't a clue about computers or going online at the time.  I was such a newb.  I do remember sending out my first e-mail to Karen (CF) and sending it multiple times because I wasn't sure if I did it correctly.  I could barely even handle the mouse. 

The first thing I did have to install was Napster.  And then the download frenzy began.  And the viruses that came along with all those free programs I just had to try.  I have lost the thrill years ago and rarely download anything off the internet these days.  I never spent much time online personally from the start but I did develop interest on different aspects with computers.  Video and photo editing, trouble shooting all the problems I developed over the years because I purchased a cheap computer.   ;D   Then I became fascinated with building a computer.  Built my first one this year.  Now I am back into photo editing and learning the tricks of photoshop.  But I wouldn't be able to do any of those things without the internet and all the valuable information out there. 

P.S.

I am sure that Windows Movie Maker would be able to re-size your video clips for you. 

Written By: Howard on 08/22/08 at 6:27 am

I remember 11 years ago when I first got to use a computer,never knew what to do with it cause I was new at it but as the years went by I got the knack of computer knowledge.

Check for new replies or respond here...