inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The "switcheraoo" thread.

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/20/08 at 9:58 pm

There were a few comedy movies that came out in the late '80s (i.e. Like Father Like Son, Vice Versa) where a kid or a teen would change places with a middle aged adult (the sons with their dads in those movies). The same thing with girls happened in Freaky Friday too, and I always thought it was especially funny when two totally opposite people acted like the other one.

Is there anyone you can think of (celebrity or not) that would be funny to switch around like that?

Subject: Re: The "switcheraoo" thread.

Written By: snozberries on 08/21/08 at 12:49 am

I can't think of any other body swaps.... does Face/Off count?

but what about invading the body of another person

Switch with Ellen Barkin & Jimmy Smits and All of me (sort of) Steve Martin & Lilly Tomlin  come to mind.

Written By: whistledog on 08/21/08 at 12:56 am

Face Off with John Travolta and Nicolas Cage

Mission Impossible I and 2

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/21/08 at 2:05 am

"Big" with Tom Hanks was sort of like that. Hanks didn't exactly switch with anyone but he did a great job of playing a 12 year-old in a grown man's body.

Written By: Howard on 08/21/08 at 6:43 am

Like Father,Like Son.

Written By: snozberries on 08/21/08 at 11:11 am

"Big" with Tom Hanks was sort of like that. Hanks didn't exactly switch with anyone but he did a great job of playing a 12 year-old in a grown man's body.

by the same token 13 going on 30 where Jennifer Gardner played a 13 year old living inside her 30 year old self.

Written By: Howard on 08/21/08 at 2:45 pm

Dr.Jeckyll and Ms.Hyde.

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/21/08 at 5:56 pm

Yeah, I liked Big and 13 Going On 30 (which some people said was a ripoff, and I disagree - even if they both had a sorta similar idea of a late childhood/young teenager wanting to be grown up).

But...with this thread I was more talking about who it would be fun to imagine flip flopped around and acting like each other. You can even do it with people on the board.

Written By: whistledog on 08/21/08 at 8:02 pm

He did an awesome job yes.  He even earned an Academy Award nomination for Best Actor.  A rare thing for a comedy film.  Did you know that piano dancing scene inspired alot of people to take piano lessons?

Written By: snozberries on 08/21/08 at 9:08 pm

Yeah, I liked Big and 13 Going On 30 (which some people said was a ripoff, and I disagree - even if they both had a sorta similar idea of a late childhood/young teenager wanting to be grown up).

But...with this thread I was more talking about who it would be fun to imagine flip flopped around and acting like each other. You can even do it with people on the board.

sorry guess we missed that part...

alright um I'd like to switch with Sherri Sheperd because I'd love to sit in the middle of Whoppi and Elisabeth when they get into one of their tiffs on the View

Written By: whistledog on 08/21/08 at 10:24 pm

I'd like to switch with Cash Warren because ...

a) I could yell "Hey, that's my dad" everytime Officer Bobby Hill came on during episodes of 'Hill Street Blues'

b) I'd get to go to bed with Jessica Alba every night

:D

Written By: Howard on 08/22/08 at 6:42 am

I'd like to switch with Tom Cruise cause that's the nickname they call me at Pathmark.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 08/22/08 at 9:48 pm

I'd like to switch with Tom Cruise cause that's the nickname they call me at Pathmark.  ;D

why are you hyper religious and prone to jumping on couches?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/23/08 at 6:36 am

why are you hyper religious and prone to jumping on couches?  ;D

I don't know, I forgot to take my medicine.

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/24/08 at 9:20 am

I think it would be funny to switch Eminem  with Moby....hehehehe. ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/24/08 at 1:36 pm

There was a show in the late 70s called Turnabout with Sharon Gless & John Schuck about a husband & wife who switched bodies.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/24/08 at 1:47 pm

There was a show in the late 70s called Turnabout with Sharon Gless & John Schuck about a husband & wife who switched bodies.

Cat

I love Sharon Gless I missed this show though.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/24/08 at 1:59 pm

I love Sharon Gless I missed this show though.

It was very short lived. According to the IMDB, only a total of 6 episodes.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...