inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: OK, how many effing phone books do I really need?!?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/21/08 at 12:23 am

So I was gonna head down the street and have a couple beers, but when I opened up my front door and walked outside to leave I looked down and sure enough, there was a phone book in a yellow plastic bag sitting at my doorstep. There's at least 2 or 3 phone companies in town who apparently think that I need a new phone book every few months, so every few weeks there's yet another new phone book there on my doorstep.

Not only am I starting to get really annoyed my this, but I'm also beginning to think that it's a completely unnecessary and stupid waste of time, money, and natural resources.

Memo to the phone companies:

STOP IT.

I DON'T NEED 10 NEW F**KING PHONE BOOKS EVERY F**KING YEAR.

IF I NEED A NEW PHONE BOOK THAT BADLY, THEN LET ME COME AND GET IT.

Rant ended.  >:( >:( >:(

Subject: Re: OK, how many effing phone books do I really need?!?

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/21/08 at 4:29 am

Phone books suck. They need to make 'em optional, so only those want 'em get 'em. Anyone who has internet doesn't need a phone book anyway, all information in the phone book is on the internet, easier to find and more updated.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/21/08 at 5:48 am

The printing industry is a dying business.  R.R. Donnelley is laying people off right and left.  Those people who make those phone books that  you're complaining about need to feed their families and pay bills.  Just thought I'd add another dimension to the discussion.

Written By: Howard on 08/21/08 at 6:14 am

Phone books are a good source of information just like the internet.Now that most people have the internet,just type in either whitepages or yellowpages.com and there you go.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/21/08 at 6:18 am

Phone books are a good source of information just like the internet.Now that most people have the internet,just type in either whitepages or yellowpages.com and there you go.

I've been known to page through the phone book when I'm bored. :)

Written By: Howard on 08/21/08 at 6:20 am

I've been known to page through the phone book when I'm bored. :)

Do you do any crank calling?  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/21/08 at 6:22 am

Do you do any crank calling?  ;D

No, I'm a bit too reserve for that.

Written By: Howard on 08/21/08 at 6:22 am

I think all we need in this world is 1 Phone book for just about everything. ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/21/08 at 12:08 pm

We have several books. Some of them come in handy since we have a phone upstairs and one downstairs. Also, we are so close to the NY state border. The "official" phone book that we get from Verizon doesn't include #s in NY. (We are closer to NY than we are to Rutland/Killington which the "official" book.) Now, they separate the books-one for the white pages and one for the yellow pages. Ok, I can understand that if you live in L.A. or Manhattan-but for this little area??  The yellow pages are under 250 pages (complete with all the ads) and the white pages are under 200. We really don't need two books.

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/21/08 at 2:13 pm

Hallelujah!  :) :) :)

Time to fight back.

http://www.yellowpagesgoesgreen.org/

Written By: Howard on 08/21/08 at 2:23 pm

We got ours this morning,The Yellow Pages.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/21/08 at 2:42 pm

Hallelujah!  :) :) :)

Time to fight back.

http://www.yellowpagesgoesgreen.org/

So if they're less industry because of going green wouldn't the need for truckers start to diminish?  After all no demand, no need to supply, no need to transport.

Written By: Howard on 08/21/08 at 2:44 pm

So our yellowbooks will become greenbooks? ???

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/21/08 at 2:46 pm

So our yellowbooks will become greenbooks? ???

He's just saying he found a do not mail me a phone book list.  If you want a phone book I'm sure AL-B will mail you his.

Written By: Howard on 08/21/08 at 2:49 pm

He's just saying he found a do not mail me a phone book list.  If you want a phone book I'm sure AL-B will mail you his.

No Thanks I'm happy with mine.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/21/08 at 2:51 pm

No Thanks I'm happy with mine.

Whatever will he do with those phone books?

Written By: Howard on 08/21/08 at 2:52 pm

Whatever will he do with those phone books?

save them,I guess?  ???

Written By: ninny on 08/21/08 at 5:52 pm

I still use my phone book all the time.

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/21/08 at 6:26 pm

Phone books suck. They need to make 'em optional, so only those want 'em get 'em. Anyone who has internet doesn't need a phone book anyway, all information in the phone book is on the internet, easier to find and more updated.

Yeah I've thought about that too, plus it's easier to find stuff online anyway, so they're really not as essential as they used to be.

I know what you're saying Al, you don't really need new phonebooks that often. They're actually alot like maps, where some little things will change, but I don't think they'd get noticeably outdated until like 4-5 years anyway. I was using a 1996 map of San Jose until just a couple years ago lol.

P.S. Speaking of prank calling, does anyone remember that Beavis and Butthead episode where they get a new book and end up prank calling this guy named Harry Sachz, who turns out to be this biker-looking, bad*ss guy who keeps getting more and more ticked off. ;D

Written By: whistledog on 08/21/08 at 8:01 pm

Around here, we get just 2.  A Standard one, and one with larger sized print that's easier to read.  What do I need a phone book for?  I have the internet

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/21/08 at 8:23 pm

We seem to get them a lot too. I usually just replace the old with the new so that I am not overrun with phonebooks.

Written By: Jessica on 08/21/08 at 9:29 pm

I use them as booster seats for the boy. :D

Written By: whistledog on 08/21/08 at 10:29 pm

Phone Books do make good other uses.  Remember James Hydrick, the phoney psychic?  He put a phone book to good use :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niKlbt-L8HU

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/22/08 at 3:39 am

So if they're less industry because of going green wouldn't the need for truckers start to diminish?  After all no demand, no need to supply, no need to transport.

All right then, I'll come right out and say something:

I smoked cigarettes for almost 20 years, and I finally quit about a month-and-a-half ago.

And I'm almost 100% positive that it's for good this time.

Now, the vast majority of people would think that's a good thing.

However by your logic, quitting smoking makes me a selfish, heartless bastard because I'm taking food off the table of some poor schlub who works at Phillip Morris.  ::) ::) ::)

Written By: Howard on 08/22/08 at 6:29 am

I still use my phone book all the time.

Most of the time I use it myself and that's why most of the majority of people have the internet.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/22/08 at 3:32 pm

All right then, I'll come right out and say something:

I smoked cigarettes for almost 20 years, and I finally quit about a month-and-a-half ago.

And I'm almost 100% positive that it's for good this time.

Now, the vast majority of people would think that's a good thing.

However by your logic, quitting smoking makes me a selfish, heartless bastard because I'm taking food off the table of some poor schlub who works at Phillip Morris.  ::) ::) ::)

Touche . . .

Has the ghost of Jessie Helm dropped by to haunt you yet?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/22/08 at 4:46 pm

Touche . . .

Has the ghost of Jessie Helm dropped by to haunt you yet?

Not yet, but thanks for the heads up.  ;)

If he does show up in my dreams, I'll just will myself into a lucid state and shove his wheelchair-confined body down several flights of stairs. :D

Back on topic though: As far as the people who are getting laid off in your town, well, perhaps I may have come off as being a little callous and that wasn't my intent. I hate to see anyone who's trying to make an honest living lose their job, God knows it's happened enough in the area where I grew up. 

My beef has nothing to do with the people who work in the printing industry. What I have a problem with is how the phone companies use unsolicited delivery to distribute their phone books.  It's as if they feel they have the right to just show up at my place, without my permission, and drop a 5 pound piece of trash on my front porch. Because to me, all of these redundant phone books are really nothing more than junk mail on steroids.

You know what would really make me happy? If these phone companies would at least have the common courtesy to CALL ME first and let me know what day they're coming through my neighborhood, and then offer to pick up my old phone books for recycling when they drop off my new one.

I'd be OK with that.  :)

Written By: Howard on 08/23/08 at 6:42 am

Why can't we buy the phone books instead of it being delivered? ???

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/23/08 at 9:04 am

My beef has nothing to do with the people who work in the printing industry. What I have a problem with is how the phone companies use unsolicited delivery to distribute their phone books.  It's as if they feel they have the right to just show up at my place, without my permission, and drop a 5 pound piece of trash on my front porch. Because to me, all of these redundant phone books are really nothing more than junk mail on steroids.

You know what would really make me happy? If these phone companies would at least have the common courtesy to CALL ME first and let me know what day they're coming through my neighborhood, and then offer to pick up my old phone books for recycling when they drop off my new one.

That's actually a really good point I never thought of before, but I agree with you that it should be optional (I bet lots of people don't even have or need them anymore, esp with the Internet). It's almost like telemarketing I guess, in the sense of feeling invasive.

That's true too - I mean whenever you get a new washing machine and dryer, refridgerator or a mattress they pick up the old one, so logically that makes sense they'd do it with phonebooks too! ;D Plus, I'm big on recycling personally, so it would kill two birds with one stone.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/23/08 at 3:14 pm

Not yet, but thanks for the heads up.  ;)

If he does show up in my dreams, I'll just will myself into a lucid state and shove his wheelchair-confined body down several flights of stairs. :D

Back on topic though: As far as the people who are getting laid off in your town, well, perhaps I may have come off as being a little callous and that wasn't my intent. I hate to see anyone who's trying to make an honest living lose their job, God knows it's happened enough in the area where I grew up. 

I can hear Jessie now . . . "I've fallen and I can't get up".

I know exactly what you mean it is an invasion of sort.  Even the people who make stuff hate getting it.  Although they do swipe magazines from the plant. ;D

Cutting down on the waste is a necessity.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 08/26/08 at 4:35 pm

to answer the thread title..  ;D exactly, how many bleedin' copies do we really need?

I have a BT yellow pages, a BT white pages for residential numbers (and business ones duplicated again that are already in the yellow pages)

and now a flippin' Thompson directory (smaller copy of yellow pages) landed on me step yesterday and it can stay there!!

Written By: Howard on 08/26/08 at 9:30 pm

All Families need is just 1.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 08/27/08 at 6:16 am

All Families need is just 1.

and what about single people?

:D

Written By: Howard on 08/27/08 at 6:23 am

and what about single people?

:D

No I was referring to single families.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 08/27/08 at 6:24 am

No I was referring to single families.

single parent  families?

Written By: Howard on 08/27/08 at 6:25 am

single parent  families?

Yeah,I guess.  ???

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 08/27/08 at 6:29 am

Yeah,I guess.  ???

it gets up my nose when the consumer is also left to dispose of all the out of date ones when they are still perfectly fine to use, just a year old but with maybe a few new additions. The delivery person (usually a local guy with a big vehicle who has answered the ad.) refuses to take ood ones away, but they are paid to deliver new 1's

>:(

Written By: Gis on 08/27/08 at 6:47 am

it gets up my nose when the consumer is also left to dispose of all the out of date ones when they are still perfectly fine to use, just a year old but with maybe a few new additions. The delivery person (usually a local guy with a big vehicle who has answered the ad.) refuses to take ood ones away, but they are paid to deliver new 1's

>:(
And you can't recycle them.  >:(

Written By: karen on 08/27/08 at 1:19 pm

You can in some places now.  Where I live in the UK just started letting you put them in the recycling last year.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 08/27/08 at 2:23 pm

I know, it's mad isn't it!!

'Sorry NO Yellow Pages'

::) ::)

straight into the landfill site.. >:(

Written By: Howard on 08/27/08 at 4:16 pm

So what does one do with old yellow pages books?  ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/27/08 at 9:10 pm

So what does one do with old yellow pages books?   ???

make LOTS of paper airplanes.

Written By: Howard on 08/28/08 at 6:54 am

make LOTS of paper airplanes.

or use the books as firewood.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 08/28/08 at 11:06 am

one saves them up to make steps as they are almost 3 inches thick in some cases

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/28/08 at 11:29 am

We could all get together, stack up all our old phone books, and build a stairway to the moon.  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/28/08 at 11:40 am

So what does one do with old yellow pages books?   ???
Recycle them into new yellow pages books

Written By: Howard on 08/28/08 at 7:13 pm

Recycle them into new yellow pages books

or just use them as firewood.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/08 at 2:34 am

or just use them as firewood.
Fire creates a carbon footprint.

Written By: Howard on 08/29/08 at 6:57 am

1 phone book with yellow and white pages together.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/08 at 6:58 am

Then the directory will not be all yellow?

Written By: Howard on 08/29/08 at 6:59 am

Then the directory will not be all yellow?

one half would be white and the other half will be yellow plus you got the green section for all the goverment listings.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/29/08 at 12:32 pm

one half would be white and the other half will be yellow plus you got the green section for all the goverment listings.
So lots of colouring and ink are used?

Written By: Henk on 08/29/08 at 2:11 pm

Funny you should say that...

Here in The Netherlands it has just today been announced that the company that produces the phone books has acquired the company that produces the Yellow Pages. So from 2009 onward, we'll get only one combined phone book/yellow pages.
The odd thing is, though, that they've tried something like that a couple of years ago (ie combining the two books), but the book just turned out HUGE and awkward. Not sure how they're gonna solve that this time... :-\\

Written By: Howard on 08/29/08 at 7:29 pm

So lots of colouring and ink are used?

green,yellow,black,gray.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/03/08 at 4:56 pm

green,yellow,black,gray.
...and other colours for the ads?

Written By: Howard on 09/03/08 at 6:38 pm

...and other colours for the ads?

No,not really just keep it black and white.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/04/08 at 1:29 pm

...black and yellow?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/04/08 at 1:29 pm

...black and yellow?
...with touches of grey?

Written By: Tam on 09/04/08 at 1:48 pm

In Texas we received about 4 different phone books.
Here in New York - we received one, and I had hubby go pick me up the other one.

I like having 2 phone books because when I call someone in the yellow pages, I tend to look for the small business, and not all of them put a check in the box that says they want to be included on the internet. ;)

Also, when we moved, I collected old phone books from my neighbors - and then proceeded to shred every part of them except for the spine, and used the paper to pack my shot glasses and wine glasses etc. Then I recycled everything. I also use the shred as packing in boxes that I mail to Soldiers. It's paper right? Recycle it. If they don't see it in its original form, they don't know they are picking up a phone book, and as far as I am aware, they are all recyclable - just most times you have to pay to have them picked up or recycled.

Just me. 8)

Written By: Howard on 09/04/08 at 3:36 pm

...black and yellow?

Yeah,I guess some yellow.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/05/08 at 4:48 pm

Yeah,I guess some yellow.
Very yellow

Written By: Howard on 09/06/08 at 6:36 am

Very yellow

Not too yellow,We would have to be able to read the pages.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/06/08 at 9:32 am

Not too yellow,We would have to be able to read the pages.
The yellow of the pages makes it easier to read, than normal white colour pages.

Written By: Howard on 09/06/08 at 6:56 pm

The yellow of the pages makes it easier to read, than normal white colour pages.

I always thought that white pages were readable.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/07/08 at 4:20 am

I always thought that white pages were readable.
The white reflects more light than the yellow

Written By: Howard on 09/07/08 at 6:22 am

The white reflects more light than the yellow

But the yellow color is too bright.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 09/07/08 at 2:23 pm

Some tosser had dumped about 100 brand new telephone directories in the car park today, they were still in batches in the plastic wrapping. Jerks.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/07/08 at 2:42 pm

Some tosser had dumped about 100 brand new telephone directories in the car park today, they were still in batches in the plastic wrapping. Jerks.
Dumped, or left for another person in a van to pick them up later On?

Written By: Howard on 09/07/08 at 7:20 pm

Were they 2008?  ???

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 09/16/08 at 3:54 pm

Dumped, or left for another person in a van to pick them up later On?

dumped i think as they were all still there last sunday - a week later - they are now scattered all over the place..

BAH  >:(

Written By: Howard on 09/16/08 at 7:01 pm

I think all we need is 1 and one only.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/16/08 at 7:17 pm

One phone book to rule them all?

Perhaps Frodo can dump all the rest of the phone books into Mordor?  Yeah I need to get out more.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/16/08 at 7:20 pm

One phone book to rule them all?

Perhaps Frodo can dump all the rest of the phone books into Mordor?  Yeah I need to get out more.  ;D

Well,we certainly don't need 4 or 5.  ::)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/15/08 at 5:17 am

Just found out that my new city actually does recycle phone books (and lots of otherstuff curbside)  Yay Pittsburgh!

Written By: gibbo on 12/15/08 at 5:20 am

Excess phone books...I just rip them in half!!!  8)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/15/08 at 5:23 am

You should make a youtube video about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4fcOLN9heU  :)

Written By: gibbo on 12/15/08 at 5:50 am

You should make a youtube video about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4fcOLN9heU  :)

What.....only 1500 pages??? What a wimp!!!  :D

Written By: Howard on 12/15/08 at 6:54 am

That guy's crazy. ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 12/22/08 at 12:26 am

With your eyelids, right?

Ant

Written By: Howard on 12/22/08 at 6:55 am

All we need is one phone book.

Subject: Re: OK, how many F**KING phone books do I really need?!?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/09/09 at 1:33 pm

Well that's just great.

Today I went out to run a few errands and then down to the nature sanctuary for a nice hike, and when I got back, guess what was on my doorstep?

That's right, one of those F**KING phonebook bags from the F**KING phone company.

On my F**KING doorstep.

Well, I took it inside and there were TWO F**KING phonebooks in the bag.

One big F**KING phonebook and one little F**KING phonebook.

As if one F**KING phonebook wasn't enough.

Are these people F**KING stupid or what?  >:( >:( >:(

Written By: Dagwood on 01/09/09 at 1:49 pm

So, Al, how do you really feel about the phone books? ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/09/09 at 2:05 pm

So, Al, how do you really feel about the phone books? ;D

Oh I just love 'em.

Can't you tell?  :D

Subject: Re: OK, how many F**KING phone books do I really need?!?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/09/09 at 3:32 pm

Well that's just great.

Today I went out to run a few errands and then down to the nature sanctuary for a nice hike, and when I got back, guess what was on my doorstep?

That's right, one of those F**KING phonebook bags from the F**KING phone company.

On my F**KING doorstep.

Well, I took it inside and there were TWO F**KING phonebooks in the bag.

One big F**KING phonebook and one little F**KING phonebook.

As if one F**KING phonebook wasn't enough.

Are these people F**KING stupid or what?  >:( >:( >:(

What the hell is up with giving you more than one phone book?  Most people only have one phone for one land line.  Waste of paper. :P

Written By: Dagwood on 01/09/09 at 4:15 pm

Oh I just love 'em.

Can't you tell?   :D

Yes, I can. ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/09/09 at 7:04 pm

Oh I just love 'em.

Can't you tell?   :D

I guess you need them for just such an emergency.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/09/09 at 7:39 pm

;D ;D  Just as a polar opposite.  We moved here to Pittsburgh, mid-November (you might have seen my whimpering posts about the ordeal) Anyway, The house we moved into, has NO PHONE BOOKS.  AT ALL.  And because we didn't order home telephone service (we only have cell phones because it's more convenient for us)...we can't get a phone book. 

So maybe we'll get one from the phantom telephone book deliverer...or not.  Ya'll COULD send me your extra phone books.  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 01/09/09 at 9:44 pm

;D ;D  Just as a polar opposite.  We moved here to Pittsburgh, mid-November (you might have seen my whimpering posts about the ordeal) Anyway, The house we moved into, has NO PHONE BOOKS.  AT ALL.  And because we didn't order home telephone service (we only have cell phones because it's more convenient for us)...we can't get a phone book. 

So maybe we'll get one from the phantom telephone book deliverer...or not.  Ya'll COULD send me your extra phone books.   ;D

I still get them every year and we don't have a landline.  I think they deliver them to every house.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/10/09 at 12:44 am

My question is...do you actually see anyone delivering phone books?  They just magically appear (randomly) on one's doorstep.  I wonder if they employ ninjas to deliver phone books?  :-\\  :D

Written By: Howard on 01/10/09 at 5:36 am

My question is...do you actually see anyone delivering phone books?  They just magically appear (randomly) on one's doorstep.  I wonder if they employ ninjas to deliver phone books?   :-\\  :D

Shouldn't the phone company deliver them? ???

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/11/09 at 1:54 pm

My question is...do you actually see anyone delivering phone books?  They just magically appear (randomly) on one's doorstep.  I wonder if they employ ninjas to deliver phone books?   :-\\  :D

You know, I would've loved to have caught the phone book ninja in the act, I would have told him where he could stick his phone books.  ;D

Of course the way my luck has been going lately, for all I know that'll be my next job.  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 01/11/09 at 1:57 pm

I just got home from church and what did I find on my porch?  A phone book.....you want it, Al? ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/11/09 at 1:59 pm

I just got home from church and what did I find on my porch?  A phone book.....you want it, Al? ;D

We need to find out where the phone book ninja lives and dump all our old phone books on his lawn.  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 01/11/09 at 2:01 pm

We need to find out where the phone book ninja lives and dump all our old phone books on his lawn.  ;)

I'm in, let me know if you find him. :D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/11/09 at 3:03 pm

All right, I've decided that I'm going to keep track of how many phone books I get this year, even though I'll probably be moving out of this apartment by the middle of summer.

So this is what I got the other day:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/IMG_2151.jpg

These are from AT&T. The Real Yellow Pages.  :o :o :o

Fine, but what do I need the little one for? Am I supposed to think it's cute and name it George and love it and hug it and squeeze it and pet it? ::) ::) ::)

Written By: Tam on 01/11/09 at 3:44 pm

^ Al? Is that a table or the floor?
Either way - that is gorgeous wood! 8)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/11/09 at 4:27 pm

Shouldn't the phone company deliver them? ???

Phone company can't deliver a product they contract another company to make.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/11/09 at 4:30 pm

All right, I've decided that I'm going to keep track of how many phone books I get this year, even though I'll probably be moving out of this apartment by the middle of summer.

So this is what I got the other day:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/IMG_2151.jpg

These are from AT&T. The Real Yellow Pages.  :o :o :o

Fine, but what do I need the little one for? Am I supposed to think it's cute and name it George and love it and hug it and squeeze it and pet it? ::) ::) ::)

They're printed at an R.R. Donnelley.  It's a corperate 500 company.  Sue them for distress and poluting the enviroment.  You can alway use some extra cash anyway. :)

Written By: Howard on 01/11/09 at 10:23 pm

Is the phone book ninja in the yellow pages?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/12/09 at 4:58 am

They're printed at an R.R. Donnelley.  It's a corperate 500 company.  Sue them for distress and poluting the enviroment.  You can alway use some extra cash anyway. :)

I don't know about suing them but if I lived within 50 miles of the plant, I think you could probably guess where all my used phone books would end up.

Really what R. R. Donnelley ought to do is just put a gigantic dumpster outside their loading dock and just dump all the phone books directly in there as soon as they come off the assembly line, and then recycle them.

Because that would make more sense than they way they do it now.  :P

Written By: Howard on 01/12/09 at 5:41 am

I'm in, let me know if you find him. :D

Where would he be listed under?  ;D

Written By: karen on 01/12/09 at 8:43 am

A few weeks ago I saw someone delivering the Reminder GOLD Pages.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/12/09 at 10:24 am

A few weeks ago I saw someone delivering the Reminder GOLD Pages.

hmmmm... perhaps he was a ninja-in-training?  Haven't learned the special invisibility trick yet.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 01/12/09 at 4:42 pm

hmmmm... perhaps he was a ninja-in-training?  Haven't learned the special invisibility trick yet.  :-\\

Who's this ninja?  ??? ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...