inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Found out why those mobile phone users were showing in the logs

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/21/08 at 2:38 pm

http://wapreview.com/blog/?p=156

article on the messageboard software, and they included inthe00s as an example site.

Subject: Re: Found out why those mobile phone users were showing in the logs

Written By: snozberries on 08/21/08 at 9:13 pm

you mean me? I've used my cell to get on the boards on more than one occassion Posted using my cell too....not easy but convenient.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/21/08 at 11:02 pm

you mean me? I've used my cell to get on the boards on more than one occassion Posted using my cell too....not easy but convenient.

oh didn't know any regulars were doing that.  I've used me EEE laptop a few times, but a mobile phone is a different beast entirely.

a while back someone made note that there were browsers other than IE and Firefox showing up in the logs.  Maybe it was me, I think I'm the only one who can see that now that I think of it.

Written By: nally on 08/21/08 at 11:07 pm

a while back someone made note that there were browsers other than IE and Firefox showing up in the logs.  Maybe it was me, I think I'm the only one who can see that now that I think of it.

I especially noticed that amongst the guests...sometimes their browser names were something wacky like "spiderboard.reader.com" or something of that nature. Some guests (viewing their usual threads) didn't even have their browser names listed in the parentheses at all.

Written By: snozberries on 08/21/08 at 11:09 pm

oh didn't know any regulars were doing that.  I've used me EEE laptop a few times, but a mobile phone is a different beast entirely.

I've done it while:

waiting in a doctor's office
proctoring an exam
sitting in a boring classroom
and waiting in line for one of my LA events.

it's not ideal but when you're bored and jonsing for an inthe00's fix its the only way to go.

Written By: Jessica on 08/22/08 at 10:20 am

I've done it while:

waiting in a doctor's office
proctoring an exam
sitting in a boring classroom
and waiting in line for one of my LA events.

it's not ideal but when you're bored and jonsing for an inthe00's fix its the only way to go.

I was using my phone while on the train going to Cali.  It was interesting.  I wasn't able to post anything, but I could browse pretty easily.

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/22/08 at 11:41 am

Isn't it expensive?

Written By: snozberries on 08/22/08 at 9:04 pm

Isn't it expensive?

My phone plan includes internet so no. $25 a month but I get internet TV and texting for that price.

Check for new replies or respond here...