inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Stuck in the 00s, Tech help PLEASE

Written By: danootaandme on 08/27/08 at 4:35 pm

For some reason I sign in(Firefox) and can get into the 00s,  but can't load into anything else.  No ebay, no Yahoo, no AOL, nothing.  What is this all about?

Subject: Re: Stuck in the 00s, Tech help PLEASE

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/08 at 4:40 pm

For some reason I sign in(Firefox) and can get into the 00s,  but can't load into anything else.  No ebay, no Yahoo, no AOL, nothing.  What is this all about?

Have you tried using IE? As much as I HATE IE, I find that sometimes I have to. Have you tried downloading the lastest updates to Firefox? You may want to uninstall Firefox and reinstall it. And if all of that doesn't work-a sledgehammer will most definitely work.  ;) ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 08/27/08 at 4:43 pm

OK, I didn't do anything, but now I'm getting Yahoo, Google loads but if I click on anything it doesn't load.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/27/08 at 4:45 pm

I tried to go through Safari, but it won't load  ???

Written By: Tam on 08/27/08 at 4:58 pm

Danoota,

You will most likely have to uninstall and reinstall Firefox. Sometimes it gets a glitch in it that makes you have to do this - even if you have never had the problem before. As well you might want to go to adobe and update your flash player, as well as going to update your activeX controls.

The only other thing I can think of to help you would be after doing all of the above, run a spyware scan, because sometimes ad programs will still sneek into your system and stop your browser from doing what it should.

Hope this helps!

Tam 8)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/27/08 at 5:04 pm

Reinstalled, everything is ok now.  Thanks.  :-*

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/08 at 5:11 pm

But a sledgehammer still works great.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/28/08 at 12:21 am

I've been having some problems with Firefox also...seems the Adobe Flash Player is no longer available and I can't seem to be able to reinstall it.

Written By: snozberries on 08/28/08 at 12:23 am

Danoota,

You will most likely have to uninstall and reinstall Firefox. Sometimes it gets a glitch in it that makes you have to do this - even if you have never had the problem before. As well you might want to go to adobe and update your flash player, as well as going to update your activeX controls.

The only other thing I can think of to help you would be after doing all of the above, run a spyware scan, because sometimes ad programs will still sneek into your system and stop your browser from doing what it should.

Hope this helps!

Tam 8)

geez guess I shoulda read this first!  ;D well that seems like more work than I have time for tonight but perhaps tomorrow. Unless you wanna come to Cali and do it for me Tam?  ;)  Cat can come too with her trusty sledgehammer...just in case!

Check for new replies or respond here...